Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture (17266 Views)

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? / How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is The Legal Profession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2018
oofjm:
thanks...I'm not asking for the definition of architecture.
Lol
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by clarocuzioo(m): 8:08am On Jan 29, 2018
Israelconcepts:

l undecided

dragging site with a builder?? when architect is the leader of the building team.

Oga stop jumping up, the Architect is meant to design and ensure that his design is fully implemented and complied with, he has no business with the core technicalities of the structure, which is where the builder or the engineer comes in, but here in Nigeria Architects have turned themselves to engineers.

5 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by whyteone: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2018
oofjm:
I love to study architecture,but now I am been given building to study in one of the federal university.how lucrative is building compare to architecture with Nigeria current economic situation...need your candid advice.
The Architect is to the building team what the doctor is to the medical team.Everything rises and falls on him.

Go for Architecture and study to M.Sc level.You won't regret you did.

By the way,do you have the mental aptitude and physical stamina for ArchiTORTURE?

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by kachoski007(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2018
Israelconcepts:

That is what is obtainable in nigeria. They are site draggers

l undecided

dragging site with a builder?? when architect is the leader of the building team.
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by cupid0(f): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2018
I just weak for the kind of comments I'm seeing here. Brother, whatever your heart yearns for, do it and be the best at it. it's only in Nigeria that civil engineers and builders take over the work of an architect but when the architect does the same, they scream blue murder.

In the building industry, the architect is the head of the team and works with other professionals in the building industry. That you have a little knowledge of architecture does not make you an architect. Everyone works together for the greater good of the industry.

4 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by wtfcoded: 8:17am On Jan 29, 2018
Building.
U can easily learn architecture after u're done with building by applying for the CAD programs.
I studied civil engineering, n later learned how to draw project buildings.
So, I'm now a civil engineer/architect cool

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by Oteebaba(m): 8:23am On Jan 29, 2018
Building is very okay, won't lie to u but can u handle the pressure that comes with in the university cos I finished from unilag with a Bsc in building. I can tell u I know Wat it entails. It's highly paying job Dats if u upgrade urself very with some short professional courses that u have to go learn outside ,I'm talking about AutoCAD 2d and 3d, archicad(not really needed),project management ( u really need this one) with all this brother u are good. Building gives u the opportunity some architect don't have, that's why u see them on site pursuing our job. U can't start working from ur I. T period till u finish unilag and again Wen u finish, before ur nysc, u still get to work for some construction company and dey would surely pay. Brother I have to tell building is a tedious business, it requires brain, strength and ability to make decisions fast, I mean on the spot and those constructions can use builders Hehn but it's for u to get experience from them, after brother, u can always stand on ur own.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by wtfcoded: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2018
clarocuzioo:

Oga stop jumping up, the Architect is meant to design and ensure that his design is fully implemented and complied with, he has no business with the core technicalities of the structure, which is where the builder or the engineer comes in, but here in Nigeria Architects have turned themselves to engineers.
Best comment so far.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by wholeslab: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2018
go study im a builder too and stop fxcking around
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by ba7man(m): 8:44am On Jan 29, 2018
hurumnanya:
What you studied doesn't matter. What matters is if you can prove yourself. Both of the courses can make you independent okay? I studied Civil Engineering and no architect draws for me. I do my drawings myself and get an architect to seal it. You will study part of architecture in building same way an architect will study part of building
I'm an architect and if I ever come across your design, I'll rubbish it because I know better than you.

I've met a lot like you and I see holes in whatever they do, they can only impress an ignorant client, not an architect or an experienced client.

Same way I'll never come argue Civil engineering with you since you'll know more than me in your field .

4 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by mvem(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2018
nony43:
Bros Nigeria is not by wetin you study again, but try come out with a good result, what business does Fashola that studied Law have with Electricity, abi you never see someone that studied Animal Husbandry working in a bank?
...but actually that is waste of knowledge...but anything goes
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by kinibigdeal(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2018
Olarch:
I'm saying this not because im architect..but
Architecture is better simply because an architect will design and build wahalalessly but builder can never design nevereless you have just be given one of the best course

Am a builder and do all my architectural design, with the building code in process many architect will be out of job
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2018
Redhot111:

And the real money is in the execution of that plan. If I'm to go by ur explanation
the last time I checked architects deign and execute with little help from auxiliary bricklayers without certifications
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:40am On Jan 29, 2018
handsomeclouds:
I think building is more of Polytechnic course... B.Sc... lipsrsealed You will still be a bricklayer
Summarily while architects sit to design plans under aircondition... bricklayers execute those plans under the sun
It seems dis dude doesn't go to school
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 29, 2018
Aarenasbaba:

It seems dis dude doesn't go to school
Yes I didn't... Tell.me something new
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by elhafeez(m): 9:47am On Jan 29, 2018
Israelconcepts:

l undecided

Architects are dragging site with Builders right now. Your job ends
when u design the building, you can come to site to check if what you design is been constructed correctly. The managing the building production process is not your responsibility.
But most architect are going to the construction where they believe the money is.
FYI the architect is only the head of the design team. Not construction.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by fippycbk(m): 10:00am On Jan 29, 2018
With the comments I'm seeing, I'll just chill and observe. grin grin grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by oofjm: 10:09am On Jan 29, 2018
kachoski007:
Please carry on with building technology. There is no limit to what you can achieve. I studied the same course and am doing good as well. Just make sure you get a better grade from school and also attach it with professional courses like PMP HSE and maybe Facility management then you are good to go. Work for someone for just a while to gain first hand experience after which you can go ahead to setup your own. The architects will always need you to bring their dreams to reality.remember to always learn the practical aspects. Thanks
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by oofjm: 10:11am On Jan 29, 2018
thanks for your advice
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by fabby101: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2018
kachoski007:
Please carry on with building technology. There is no limit to what you can achieve. I studied the same course and am doing good as well. Just make sure you get a better grade from school and also attach it with professional courses like PMP HSE and maybe Facility management then you are good to go. Work for someone for just a while to gain first hand experience after which you can go ahead to setup your own. The architects will always need you to bring their dreams to reality.remember to always learn the practical aspects. Thanks
I read building tech n I HV been trying to upgrade my cert, u just helped me facility management it is. Can I study it part time?
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by pafek(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2018
wtfcoded:
Building.
U can easily learn architecture after u're done with building by applying for the CAD programs.
just negodu how u disgrace urself in public.
so you think your NON-FUNCTIONAL RESIDENTIAL drawing now makes you an Architect?
can you rightly design a functional an airport or a state art international conference center?
please don't limit the work of an Architect to just 3/4/5 bedrooms residential development

4 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by madgoat(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2018
oofjm:

Seriously you are not a wise person. The person defined architecture for you so that you will see the distinction and possibly advantages of architecture over building but you were trying to give a smart reply. Go and study building and become a glorified bricklayer looking for job up and down like those roadside bricklayers grin grin grin
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by cupid0(f): 11:10am On Jan 29, 2018
elhafeez:

Architects are dragging site with Builders right now. Your job ends
when u design the building, you can come to site to check if what you design is been constructed correctly. The managing the building production process is not your responsibility.
But most architect are going to the construction where they believe the money is.
FYI the architect is only the head of the design team. Not construction.

That's a blatant lie. An architect heads the construction team. If I don't employ you to work for me, you won't.

You make a mistake, I tell you to knock it down and rebuild it with your money.

I prepare the tender of your payment. if I don't, you won't be paid.

Don't underestimate the power of an architect

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by erico2k2(m): 11:16am On Jan 29, 2018
[s]
nony43:
Bros Nigeria is not by wetin you study again, but try come out with a good result, what business does Fashola that studied Law have with Electricity, abi you never see someone that studied Animal Husbandry working in a bank?
[/s]
TRASH
This is what uneducated people say.Appointments are different from employment.
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by erico2k2(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2018
wtfcoded:
Building.
Thats waht you think but if you building has a defect, you will be sued to court and you will fail as you d not have teh Cert to back it.there is such word as QUALIFIED!All market women can do thier books but they are not accountants!
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by cupid0(f): 11:21am On Jan 29, 2018
wtfcoded:
Building.

Do you think it's by knowing CAD?

So you think it's by knowing how to design residential buildings?

Can you comfortably design an institutional building inculcating the three concepts of design? Hell no you can't.

please stick to your dams, bridge and road construction.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by Israelconcepts: 11:48am On Jan 29, 2018
clarocuzioo:

olodo! let me educate you a bit..
Architecture (Latin architectura , from the Greek ἀρχιτέκτων arkhitekton "architect", from ἀρχι- "chief" and
τέκτων "builder"wink is both the process and the product of planning , designing , and constructing buildings and other physical structures.

Architect is the master builder.. He is the leader of the building(design,construction) team...
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by clarocuzioo(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
Israelconcepts:

olodo! let me educate you a bit..
Architecture (Latin architectura , from the Greek ἀρχιτέκτων arkhitekton "architect", from ἀρχι- "chief" and
τέκτων "builder"wink is both the process and the product of planning , designing , and constructing buildings and other physical structures.

Architect is the master builder.. He is the leader of the building(design,construction) team...

Ode! Stop fooling yourself on this forum, have you worked in cooperate organisations or multinationals where roles are properly defined? Why is it also that when the architect finishes his design, it is taken to a structural engineer for the structural drawing?
An architect is not an engineer, yes he has some knowlegede of building as he did some building courses in the school, but that does not qualify him as the project engineer, he is master of the design, the core technicalities of the project lies with the project engineer, the architect will only ensure the engineer follows strictly his design.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by alfredilly: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
oofjm:
Get some understanding, the définition help to answer the question by shedding more light on the topic, building is good and you can delightfully pursue your course but architecture is more professional and broad. Building technologist can't do without an architect but an architect can do .withoud a building technologist.
Re: How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture by Redhot111(m): 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
handsomeclouds:
the last time I checked architects deign and execute with little help from auxiliary bricklayers without certifications
the last time I checked, u were the one that separated the design and execution exclusively for architects and builder respectively in ur 1st post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does Future Hold For Chartered Accountants? / Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? / Your Experience With Female Bosses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.