Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her (59005 Views)

Dorcas Shola Fapson Escapes Kidnapping & Rape From Taxify Driver (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Leyqute(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2018
diggz:

On point!

If the guys intention was to rape her...why will he allow her record him so easily without any fight from him to take her phone before they got to the gate or afterwards? The girl is definitely lying....

Imagine o my broda. She feels she's powerful enough to ruin the driver but she's not that clever.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by eyinjuege: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2018
charliboy654:

She refused coming down from the car, that's why he drove her to his house given that he was late and even scared, you can hear him calling the girl a ritualist.

It still doesnt make sense. You drive her to your house because she refused to come down?
Look at this scenario (just an example):- its 12 midnight already, a taxi you booked (meaning others knows who picked you up) from the Kaduna airport to go the GRA in Kaduna reaches halfway around some villages/settlements there and asks you to come down from his car, Would you? At that time of the day? Won't you insist he drops you off at your destination or takes you back ? If it was broad daylight, maybe you can even vex and come out of the car and hope you find someone that speaks english and not hausa that can help you find a taxi park nearby or even safely wait on the road till you can call another taxify to pick you up.

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by classicfrank4u(m): 10:22am On Jan 26, 2018
laudate:

Did you both just decide to make posts that fall into the category of stuvpid, obtuse, ignorant or just plain dumb?? shocked
u're dropping insults yet u hv dropped no point to even back urself up, ur own stupidity has no limit
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by laudate: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2018
Amya:
The Lady and the guy lives in the same Estate. He was in his house when he got a request for another ride. He drove over to her house (same estate) picked her up. He asked her where she was going, she told him to just go that she'll tell him on their way. The only reason she would say this was because he'll probably not agree to go to that destination ( maybe its far or a bad area. And we are talking 12 midnight) The guy know this too and still right in front of her house, told her he wasn't going anymore. She refuses to come down from the car. She tells him that she has to get another Taxify before she comes down. Again, considering the time and location, this might not be easily achieved. Guy gets tired and still insists that she gets down and she still refused. So he decided to drive home (Still in the same Estate).

You say he should have driven her to a police station but do you know how far the nearest one was and how inconveniencing it would be for him. Consider the time and the fuel scarcity)

Let's sometimes leave sentimentality out of it and deduce like rational beings. Which story honestly makes more sense to you?

Most estates usually have the following:
1). A security post at the entrance of the estate, manned by security guards;
2). A police post (not a station);
3). A clinic or hospital.

Did their estate lack all three?

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by laudate: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2018
classicfrank4u:
u're dropping insults yet u hv dropped no point to even back urself up, ur own stupidity has no limit

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by truffle: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2018
SBG04:

Ode!!!
im sure you've raped dozens of girls before in Onitsha. That's why you have a personal interest in making sure you're barbarian brother is painted innocent, after dragging a girl to his house and trying to rape her.
1.have u being raped before. 2.if yes,in what circumstances. Answers. 1.yes,I have being raped before 2.by my stepfather in our sitting room. Now from the question and answer,I can see why your pained about this,pls do not let the past cloud ur judgement,it Is better you go and meet that ur stepfather in his grave and cut out his manhood,this has caused u severe psychological trauma,so I won't consider or regard anything u say because ur not the one talking,pls see a doctor asap,before it gets out of hand,thanks (in response to awon eyan Dorcas Shola fapson)

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by safarigirl(f): 10:24am On Jan 26, 2018
2cantalk:

I wouldn't want to go tribalistic here but one thing is sure. There is a clear case of assault which may include attempted rape. We never can tell what the guy had in mind.

Nigerian men in general must learn to respect ladies. You don't go dragging a lady like she's some object or slave. You also don't touch someone without their consent.

As a Lawyer, I see a prima facie case of assault and possible attempted rape which can surely be prosecuted.

Taxify as a corporate institution will always want to protect its reputation. They must therefore ensure that the driver is made to face consequences of his actions.

Dorcas kindly get your Lawyers to get the police involved and put some pressure on Taxify to ensure their cooperation with investigation and prosecution.

This should serve as a deterrent to other potential women abusers and rapists.

Respect women.
attempted rape, yet the door was opened and the video is doctored?

As a lawyer, you should see a waste of your time and a case wrapped around circumstantial evidence. No lawyer can even use a doctored video as evidence.

She cannot get her lawyer for anything, she isn't even showing signs of trauma. Which law court will grant her anything? The most she could sue for is assault.

Abeg dust your books oga

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Amya(f): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2018
laudate:

Most estates usually have the following:
1). A security post at the entrance of the estate, manned by security guards;
2). A police post (not a station);
3). A clinic or hospital.

Did their estate lack all three?

Do you live in Lagos State? If you do you would know the answer to these questions.

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 26, 2018
SBG04:

I think it's disgusting when a brave girl comes out and identifies her attempted rapist and some idiot somewhere, because of 20mb mtn data, starts trying to shame her for reporting and exposing a rapist. For christs sake the girl was screaming for the guy not to touch her and he was touching her!!!!! As in!!! That alone is enough to convict that barbarian. And some idiots are here saying the girl is wicked or trying to smear him, for what? Is he her ex boyfriend or current bf?
This girl, go and deal with your daddy issues abeg. Or is it ex and current boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by hefelove(m): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2018
See wife material here. U get sense jare unlike one idiot wey comebine 3 letters and 2 number do moniker grin
Amya:

The Lady and the guy lives in the same Estate. He was in his house when he got a request for another ride. He drove over to her house (same estate) picked her up. He asked her where she was going, she told him to just go that she'll tell him on their way. The only reason she would say this was because he'll probably not agree to go to that destination ( maybe its far or a bad area. And we are talking 12 midnight) The guy know this too and still right in front of her house, told her he wasn't going anymore. She refuses to come down from the car. She tells him that she has to get another Taxify before she comes down. Again, considering the time and location, this might not be easily achieved. Guy gets tired and still insists that she gets down and she still refused. So he decided to drive home (Still in the same Estate).

You say he should have driven her to a police station but do you know how far the nearest one was and how inconveniencing it would be for him. Consider the time and the fuel scarcity)

Let's sometimes leave sentimentality out of it and deduce like rational beings. Which story honestly makes more sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by BluntBoy(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2018
eyinjuege:

It still doesnt make sense. You drive her to your house because she refused to come down?
Look at this scenario (just an example):- its 12 midnight already, a taxi you booked (meaning others knows who picked you up) from the Kaduna airport to go the GRA in Kaduna reaches halfway around some villages/settlements there and asks you to come down from his car, Would you? At that time of the day? Won't you insist he drops you off at your destination or takes you back ? If it was broad daylight, maybe you can even vex and come out of the car and hope you find someone that speaks english and not hausa that can help you find a taxi park nearby or even safely wait on the road till you can call another taxify to pick you up.

According to the driver, they were still at the pickup area when he told her to come down. She didn't and he drove her home. Perhaps, that act may come back to haunt him but with a good lawyer, he has a case. If he has the right to make her vacate his car at the pickup area, even I can take up his case and win against any lawyer. Also, he has the opportunity of suing her for character assassination.

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by truffle: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2018
safarigirl:

As a lawyer, you should see a waste of your time and a case wrapped around circumstantial evidence. No lawyer can even use a doctored video as evidence.

She cannot get her lawyer for anything, she isn't even showing signs of trauma. Which law court will grant her anything? The most she could sue for is assault.

Abeg dust your books oga
thank so much safari girl,this is coming from an experienced woman,e be like say this one Na charge and bail lawyer or e no wait collect en certificate,thank so much for the reply u gave the so called lawyer,Safari girl when u go post that story na

5 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by intruder15(m): 10:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Sijo01:

The little I know about car doors. There's a central lock only the driver can operate.

okay. I agree. but can a central lock be active while a door is opened? d driver was outside opening d gate according to what she claimed. now am asking. can a central lock be active while a door is opened? I am no car expert. let d experts ansa me.

remember she reached out to get the key. and not trying to open d door.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by SBG04: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2018
eyinjuege:

Don't bother arguing with that idiot!!!
The barbarian driver said he heard the girl speaking Yoruba on the phone and was scared she was a ritualist, so he was driving a ritualist to his house at 12am?? Even if shola release another video of the guy tearing her pant, those barbarians will still defend him because they themselves are rapists and they have an entrenched interest in allowing one of their own go Scott free.

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Dreambeat: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 26, 2018
eyinjuege:

It was a spur of the moment decision. At that time of the night, in this 'shithole' country, no one can blame the driver for heading to his safe zone.
You should be asking why a woman is so bold to stay put in a car and be driven around, just because she wants trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by diggz: 10:31am On Jan 26, 2018
Leyqute:

Imagine o my broda. She feels she's powerful enough to ruin the driver but she's not that clever.

Uber and taxify should make it compulsory for drivers to have video cameras in their cars whenever they are on duty to avoid all this rubbish.

I don't trust Naija girls....hunger bad gaan!!!

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by laudate: 10:31am On Jan 26, 2018
Amya:
Do you live in Lagos State? If you do you would know the answer to these questions.
I do, and most estates I have visited usually have all the three. At the very least, they would have 2 out of 3, if they do not have all 3.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Dreambeat: 10:33am On Jan 26, 2018
elninosanz:
I don't usually comment on Nairaland, but for the sake of clarity, i believe i will. I am a self-employed software developer, but i also driver on Uber to make extra money. After reading both stories and watching the video that was posted, here is what i believe happened

1. The lady made a request on Taxify and the guy came to pick her before asking for her destination and if she was paying cash. This was his first mistake. It is his prerogative to ask for her destination especially at that time of the night(There are areas i would not go to in Lagos at 12midnight). It is also his prerogative to ask if it was a card or cash trip(Due to the fact that Uber and Taxify do not credit your account immediately for card trips, some drivers prefer cash trips especially when they are in desperate need of cash and can't wait until the following week when they will be credited).It should be noted that Uber/Taxify frown on this practice, but we should grant drivers some leeway here. Nigeria is not easy. Now like i said earlier, he should have called her and asked these questions BEFORE driving to her destination. If her responses where fine with him then go to her pick up point and pick her. If her responses where not fine with him, he should have cancelled the trip and wait for someone else to request.

2. On getting to her location, he realised that her terms where not favourable to him, so he asked her to come down and she refused. Now we get to the crux of the matter. One of 2 things could have happened. The driver could have waited for her new ride to come(By the way, i don't believe her that the driver was 2 mins away. At that time of the night on a weekday in Jakande, drivers are not always 2 mins away. My guess would be about 10 mins). I don't think 10 mins was too much time to wait for a ride for a rider since you where the one that rejected the request. On the other hand, when the guy refused to wait, she could have come down and waited for the next driver since she was in front of her house and the driver was only 2 minutes away.

3. Recall that the driver said he lived not too far away from her pick up point. Once she refused to come down, he got angry and decided to go home with her still in the car. I am sure in his mind he was trying to teach her a lesson(which was wrong). It was in front of his house that all the drama happened

4. He went to open the gate of his house, the lady seized his key. In his attempt to wrest his keys away from her, he man-handled her and she in turn pepper-sprayed him.

The guy was obviously at fault for driving her to an unknown location at that time of the night. However, one can not completely exonerate the lady. she could have come down from the car when he went to open the gate, request for another ride and reported the case to Taxify later. Also, this is not a rape case of that i believe we are all sure. She just termed it rape to grab attention to the case.

Lesson learnt for me is this. We should learn to discomfort ourselves sometimes for the sake of peace. If the Driver had discomforted himself by waiting her her next ride, all this would not have happened. Same also for the lady. God help us all.
This is exactly what happened

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by josielewa(m): 10:33am On Jan 26, 2018
SBG04:

Ode!!!
He had pepper spray in His eyes!! He couldn't drag the phone with her. You idiots trying to shame this girl, I hope and pray another igbo taxi driver rapes your mother's and sisters.
ode ni e...b4 d pepper spray incident, the drivers door wide opened..key still in ignition..why cant she lock herself and drive off.why didnt she come down from the car when told to do so..why not come down of the car and then drop the car key..the gurl is only pained...simple..imagine a case where a girl is with ur atm or any important valuable and she doesnt want2 release it 4 no reason..wont you struggle to get it back from her...stop being stupid in your argument

4 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by doyinisaac(m): 10:33am On Jan 26, 2018
safarigirl:

Abeg dust your books oga
GOD bless you my sister.......I think most of those people shouting rape did not watch the video...they are just talking nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Failtech: 10:34am On Jan 26, 2018
hefelove:

its a fucking lie. That shola will do anything now.jux to.make herself a saint. She can pay people to accuse the guy of many things!
I am sure after releasing that video and seeing people's comment she go knw say she don furk up. Na another strategy be this
Fear Woman!!!!!!!! grin
Only Good knows the truth
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by intruder15(m): 10:34am On Jan 26, 2018
horlus:
Hmm. Why does the video have audio only in some parts? Something is not adding up

me sef I wonder o
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by homosapien002: 10:34am On Jan 26, 2018
babfet:
Am not is support of the action of taxify driver but I think she stayed too long in the car, she would have ball out and run, shout scream when the guy came down to open the gate, just my own point of view

So u expect her to out run a man all alone in the middle of the night.
Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by hush15: 10:37am On Jan 26, 2018
FlirtyKaren:

Shebi you will need to reach for the central lock which is on the driver's side since you are at the backseat?

According to Shola's story, she chose to reach for his keys in the ignition instead and that was when he charged back at her, attempting to drag her from the waist.

Childlock is on so there is no way to open from inside. No doubt too that she wanted to see the very end of the matter herself for her to even wait and be telling the guy that Moro, he will see and hear. You know!

In all these, the guy was just being stupid. When you say you want a cash trip and the rider said she isn't interested, why stress? Cancel or end and move on. Whatever she could have done wrong, just ignore and go about your biz. When riders tell do unpleasant things, if we are not on the trip already, I just let them know they should look for driver and move on. How can you phantom raping and robbing as punishment for their misdemeanor, I don't understand

Newway, he got it what he deserves and for the lady that's now wishing everybody else cos they didn't believe at first tells you something, she is a troublesome person. They didn't believe you and now, you put out the video, why the curse? One way or the other she must have been rude and nasty to the driver before it got this bad but the driver was more stupid to even have allowed it to get into the level of trying to rape her. Very wrong and must be punished.

Stupid guy.... n na wa for the girl o, she even try record in the mist of the drama, the lady na bad market o but when I think of it really, am happy she wasn't hurt and apologise on behalf of all of us driving o the platform and the company. That guy they craze. No b so we dey do o.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Surrey2Bimshire: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2018
boolet:
Forcing the accent with much uneasiness... undecided Fake liar. I'm sure the guy is not 100% wrong, while she is not even 70% right.

Oh Please She’s not forcing or faking her accent . She was born and raised in the uk (hence the Accent)

There’s something called Accent switch code(that’s what she’s doing)
I have a strong Surrey accent but can switch to Bajan Creole or Gaelic real Quick (especially when I’m speaking to someone from that part of the world just to make it easier for them )

Good luck .

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by SBG04: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2018
ModelX:
It was a spur of the moment decision. At that time of the night, in this 'shithole' country, no one can blame the driver for heading to his safe zone.
You should be asking why a woman is so bold to stay put in a car and be driven around, just because she wants trouble.
Spur of the moment to take someone you suspect is a ritualist to your house at 12am!!!
Are you making sense?

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by homosapien002: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2018
josielewa:
ode ni e...b4 d pepper spray incident, the drivers door wide opened..key still in ignition..why cant she lock herself and drive off.why didnt she come down from the car when told to do so..why not come down of the car and then drop the car key..the gurl is only pained...simple..imagine a case where a girl is with ur atm or any important valuable and she doesnt want2 release it 4 no reason..wont you struggle to get it back from her...stop being stupid in your argument

The question here is why did d man drive her to that house in the first place if he doesn't have a hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by safarigirl(f): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2018
homosapien002:

So u expect her to out run a man all alone in the middle of the night.
was he chasing her? Did she not eventually run?

He was not trying to rape or kidnap her, he was trying to get her out if his car and she just tagged it 'rape and kidnap' because she knows that people are quick to believe females whenever they use those popular tags.

This is emotional blackmail

5 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by pedrozone15(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2018
She was recording the event, yet it didn't show she was afraid, she was so calm when the driver went to open the gate.
Mind you if he meant to rape her, he wouldn't call her a ritualist.
Am just trying to add up issues here.
It was when he grabbed her that she started screaming. hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by Jaykolo10(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2018
The video is not making sense and it's not well analysed.... while will someone that wants to rape you or has an evil thought allow you to video him or her

1 Like

Re: Dorcas Shola Fapson Releases Video Of Taxify Driver Attacking Her by josielewa(m): 10:41am On Jan 26, 2018
ModelX:

This girl, go and deal with your daddy issues abeg. Or is it ex and current boyfriend.
DAT SBGO4 IS AN IDIOT....AM SURE HE DID NOT READ THE STORY FROM BOTH PARTIES...HIS COMMENT IS THE MOST USELESS, IRRATIONAL, BRAINLESS AND MUMUISH HERE TODAY...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Slay Queen Embarrassed By Bolt Driver For Not Paying, Boyfriend Couldn't Show Up / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix) / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.