Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? (14513 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / I Have An Interview But No Suit/jacket / A Job Interview@ LASACO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by philip0906(m): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2018
golddust6000:
able Man Listen man we do not need mono rail,all our towns have railways ,all our metro have rails, we have Metro rely,Blue train ,normal trains,luxury trains goods trains.As for education 9 out 10 best University in Africa are in South Africa..look at literacy rate of South Africa vis Nigeria,Google,Microsoft,Facebook are all based in mighty South Africa ,as for movies please don't get there what you have is low quality production movies they are not even recognised internationalmy ,South Africa has the most Oscar winners than any country In Africa..MNT bigger brother Nigeria is filmed in my country South Africa,because Nigeria lacks the facility ,lacks production quality and you don't have constant electricity supply the BB will experience lights off��constantly if filmed in your sub standard country..Africans cannot travel freely all over the world because we are all painted Negatively thanks to the behaviour of Nigerians,You have messed up our image and reputation by your criminal activities..Why is it that NIGERIANS are despised and not liked all over the world..Why is there a lot of Nigerians in prison in other countries all over the world,why are Nigerians dying and enslaved in Libya because they want a better life in Europe,which is the most corruption country in the world..South Africa has 62 Universities for 55 million people,Nigeria has 90 Universities for 190 million people..When a South African President is sick he goes to South African hospital but when Buhari is sick he goes where for medical treatment?....�Europe..We have South African Airways our national airline...I never heard of a Nigerian national Airline..we have the best Airports in Africa..Just look at Murtala Airport it does not look international at all it's far below in standard..The only think you are good at is multiplying like coachroched and the next thing you cannot feed yourself and you scattered all over the world causing trouble in other countries..At least in South Africa we have a solution to deal with Nigerians drug lords♨️ we burn you .If you drug and kill our children ,we have learned that it's the only language you understand..to killed

You well so? undecided
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by klins4213(m): 11:34am On Jan 26, 2018
Exactly my thought this morning
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 26, 2018
golddust6000:
able Man Listen man we do not need mono rail,all our towns have railways ,all our metro have rails, we have Metro rely,Blue train ,normal trains,luxury trains goods trains.As for education 9 out 10 best University in Africa are in South Africa..look at literacy rate of South Africa vis Nigeria,Google,Microsoft,Facebook are all based in mighty South Africa ,as for movies please don't get there what you have is low quality production movies they are not even recognised internationalmy ,South Africa has the most Oscar winners than any country In Africa..MNT bigger brother Nigeria is filmed in my country South Africa,because Nigeria lacks the facility ,lacks production quality and you don't have constant electricity supply the BB will experience lights off��constantly if filmed in your sub standard country..Africans cannot travel freely all over the world because we are all painted Negatively thanks to the behaviour of Nigerians,You have messed up our image and reputation by your criminal activities..Why is it that NIGERIANS are despised and not liked all over the world..Why is there a lot of Nigerians in prison in other countries all over the world,why are Nigerians dying and enslaved in Libya because they want a better life in Europe,which is the most corruption country in the world..South Africa has 62 Universities for 55 million people,Nigeria has 90 Universities for 190 million people..When a South African President is sick he goes to South African hospital but when Buhari is sick he goes where for medical treatment?....�Europe..We have South African Airways our national airline...I never heard of a Nigerian national Airline..we have the best Airports in Africa..Just look at Murtala Airport it does not look international at all it's far below in standard..The only think you are good at is multiplying like coachroched and the next thing you cannot feed yourself and you scattered all over the world causing trouble in other countries..At least in South Africa we have a solution to deal with Nigerians drug lords♨️ we burn you .If you drug and kill our children ,we have learned that it's the only language you understand..to killed

Xenophobic faggott, what you posted is irrelevant to what the topic connotes.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by symbianDON(m): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2018
why must you wear suit?? in fact, for my current job, I only wore singlet and boxers to the interview and I got it....with massive pay o grin.....ooooohhh! did I mention?...na bathroom slippers I wear sef....but now see the suit I wear to work o

Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by lincs25(m): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2018
If you have wear, if you don't have, don't bother yourself! I attend interview in Abuja without but I blinded the interviewer the way I was answering questions and I was selected, call for training and employed.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 26, 2018
Not necessarily.

But appearing in suit is already an indication that you esteem the firm, and also ready to give your best when convenient and not convenient.

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by youngshegoal(m): 11:43am On Jan 26, 2018
native is allowed for government jobs but banks and foreign companies prefer suit sha
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Elenurazorr(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2018
Capital NO! As an Engineer been interviewed for an engineering position, you go with Polo shirt, jeans and boots! A dress that can enable you perform the task you are being interviewed for if your skills were to be tested. #elenusnugget
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by enshi(m): 11:54am On Jan 26, 2018
The greatest interview of my life, I wore a well polished native in it and it was a success ...
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Remmythe: 11:55am On Jan 26, 2018
Greene66:
NO!

A friend of mine who knows a friend whom I am acquainted with, was called up for an interview and all he wore was a shirt, and camo shorts with slippers(He was broke)...

HE GOT THE JOB! (120k)

P.S He wears suit now though

Bros,na lieeeeeeeee
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2018
Samakus:
Dear friends and hr practitioners, is it a must that one must put on suits to interviews? Is that the standard practice?

Informed opinions please.

Moderators take this to the promised land, let's get the views of hr professionals and those that know.

Merci!!!

Is it a must that you pass the interview? You can decide to attend only na

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Reelmii: 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
tmx21:
Suit? Not for all interviews.

It doesn't boil down to your packaged-appearance but to your working brain and luck.
and who sent u also who u know, this two are very vital
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by phemmyfour: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
Samakus:
Dear friends and hr practitioners, is it a must that one must put on suits to interviews? Is that the standard practice?

Moderators take this to the promised land, let's get the views of hr professionals and those that know.

Merci!!!
Check the marking scheme, appearance is 10marks. With suit, you are sure of getting 10/10. But if na your papa company, you fit attend the interview with only pant

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by rayobaba(m): 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
it depends on ur profession and post offered for the interview. (profession like Accountancy likes u to be on suit)
it depends on the level of the company.
some companies can disqualify u for not wearing suit, unless u are the best performed candidate.
My office just disqualified candidates that performed well because their dressing is not impressive.
If u dont have suit, go borrow for d interview. When u resume many people wont be so keen as to u wearing suit so far u ironed ur shirt and use tie.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Ahasco(m): 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2018
Samakus:

Merci!!!

it depends on the kind of job
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by bolinjkezzy(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
Gkay1:
even if u put on suit nd d grace of God is not there, all your packages become nothing.
Wetin concern grace of god with this question? oga ooo
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by crownbryan(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
Not necessary
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Rider23: 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
not really.. you can wear a Complete native attire if you wish....

Samakus:

Merci!!!
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by dokJ: 12:42pm On Jan 26, 2018
I even wore senator to one recently n i got d job
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Gkay1(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
bolinjkezzy:
Wetin concern grace of god with this question? oga ooo

wetin concern u concern my post

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by thunderbabs: 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2018
Just get ur face cap, a BYC white singlet, and a nice coloured boxer shorts... As long as you comfortable in it. Just make sure you have a nice hair cut and you ve the job... cheesy
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Sanchase: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2018
Just wear Agbada.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by litaninja(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2018
No. Find out about the firm, position and their dress culture ahead of time.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by MYGRATEskillz(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
tell yourselves the truth damn it!
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by gcof(m): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
Still remember how people wore suit and tie to KPMG aptitude test to avoid stories that touch
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by yvesboss(m): 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2018
I intentionally stopped the suit and tie stuffs when i realized it makes me uncomfortable..i have been to several interviews with my shirt and sometimes my jacket without a tie and i am yet to see any interviewer ask me about that.

The most important thing is that study the company before going because some companies, it is a taboo to wear flet sole shoe talkless of you not wearing suit and tie
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2018
suit is not necessary for interview except u are going for a bank interview aside that suit is not a must...I hate suit though..well in Nigeria I see teachers wear suit to interview..imagine..wetin we no go see for naija...even some schools won't allow u to dress corporate with tie and shirt u must put on suit...elements of teaching a teacher must be comfortable while teaching but Nigeria mentality u must wear suit...interview suit work suit Friday suit abegi...
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by figure007(m): 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
Greene66:
NO!

A friend of mine who knows a friend whom I am acquainted with, was called up for an interview and all he wore was a shirt, and camo shorts with slippers(He was broke)...

HE GOT THE JOB! (120k)

P.S He wears suit now though
its not about cCloth but about what you have upstairs... You can wear suit of 1million and won't get the job.... And above all everything centered on the grace of God
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by Chukazu: 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
donogaga:
It's not a must.

I got a job without wearing suit to the interview. Actually, every other invited candidates wore suit.... I was the only one wearing sleeve and trouser, no tie. I was decent enough and the outfit was fit for purpose.

I don't like suit, however, I had to wear it during my wedding and that was the last time I ever wore suit.

Your outfit to an interview session is important, but what you carry inside is more important.

At times I wonder if anything can ever make me wear Suit... including wedding, I won't , I just can't. If the priest refuse to join us together, we join ourselves rubber bands angry
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by SirBunky85(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
Mermaida:
If u get suit, abeg wear. if u no get, starch-up n iron ur shirt.
QED
Re: Must One Wear Suit To A Job Interview? by ashjay001(m): 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Samakus:

Merci!!!

2006/7, I went for nnpc interview(failed) in Abj. Skin cut n one spiffy suitgrin See all those abokis, wearing jallabiashocked I was aghastedtongue

In my line of work(diesel engines), its what u av upstairs, that matters. A lot of polo n short-sleeves. I always seem to be overdressedgrin, & with my specs, everyone underestimates me. Most can't afford me shasad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Next For The 2021 Nigerian Customs Applicants? / The Federal Road Safety Commission (frsc) Vacancies / 3 Misconceptions That Fresh Graduates Make About Getting Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.