Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Is Wrong With Using Left Hand - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With Using Left Hand (540 Views)

Why Do People Frown At Using Left Hand / Lovely New Look Of Hope, Boy Said To Be A Witch & Left To Die On Streets Of Eket / Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Using Left Hand by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 26, 2018
It happened that I was inside bus going to work this morning,when the conductor asked for money I gave him with left hand because I was holding phone on my right hand,I felt there was no need to start transferring the phone before paying, the man picked offence that why would I give him money with my left,this later turned to a debate some were in support while some were against .
Some one even mentioned that frank edoho of who wants to be a millionaire gives money with left that the conductor should stop making noise that if they give him one million now will he complain the hand the money was given with.
Another one told me if I don't have culture that you dare not try it in her house that her mum will kill someone that day.
I told them that if left hand was equally given to me by God and I must make use of it, all these outdated African culture does not make sense to me.

Recently I also found out that I stress my right hand a lot,l am learning to write, and do things I don't before with my left hand. And I feel good with trying it and anyone that tells be about culture nonsense,I am ready for that person.
Re: What Is Wrong With Using Left Hand by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2018
grin Just one of those Africa believes that you are disrespecting when u give with left hand. theres nothing wrong with using both hands. remember God gave u two and not one.
Re: What Is Wrong With Using Left Hand by Uyiii: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Africans and superstitious beliefs;

Re: What Is Wrong With Using Left Hand by Epositive(m): 11:11am On Jan 26, 2018
Do the right thing at the right time. Using the right hand grin

(1) (Reply)

Igbo King Denied Entry Into A Plane For Not Removing His Crown (video) / 6 Cheap, Natural And Effective Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Armpits / Why Ikwerre In River State Widely Accepted The Link To An Igbo Origin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.