Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (14289 Views)

Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
Isis (controversial right?) Is the latest addition to our family.
This picture was taken shortly after all here siblings moved to their new homes. It was clear she was missing them because her appetite dropped drastically. She could hardly chow half of what she did while they were all around.

We battled with this for about 2 weeks. I remember how seeing her food leftover night in the mornings would spoil my entire day. And on days I don't see any, I am high spirited all day. the good thing about this period was that even as she didn't eat much, she didn't lose weight and her energy level was as much as ever.

you can read all about the story of her birth here https://www.nairaland.com/3659603/love-dogs

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2018
Dis ur dog name ehn

5 Likes

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 6:35pm On Jan 26, 2018
For a long time, we referred to her as 'the female' cos there were 2 females in the litter while the we called the other female 'The other female'. The other boy siblings were 'Red', 'Blue','Green' and 'Hope'.

I remember we tried more than half a dozen names but non sat well with us. When we got the name Isis, it did the magic. She may not be a mythical goddess of magic but she sure feels us with joy that it seems magical.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by uboma(m): 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2018
I had planned to buzz you later tonight because its been a while you updated your thread.

Good to have a thread on Isis.

Asha, her sibling, has settled down real good and blends well with Cindy.

Cindy will clock 1 year come February 2018.

Asha is very territorial and barks like he's not a puppy (lol)

My love for my dogs keeps growing by the day.

1 Like

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 7:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
uboma:
I had planned to buzz you later tonight because its been a while you updated your thread.

Good to have a thread on Isis.

Asha, her sibling, has settled down real good and blends well with Cindy.

Cindy will clock 1 year come February 2018.

Asha is very territorial and barks like he's not a puppy (lol)

My love for my dogs keeps growing by the day.

Nice to hear Asha is doing great. is he all ash now? Pictures plz and that of Cindy too.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
Dis ur dog name ehn
I know! I nicknamed her Ice.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by uboma(m): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2018
jayned:

Nice to hear Asha is doing great. is he all ash now? Pictures plz and that of Cindy too.

I will create a thread about Asha someday.
Not all ash though.

There is one for Cindy but I have not updated it in a while.

I will share some pictures of both by tomorrow.

Cheers and regards...

***modified****

I forgot to mention that Asha had a good bath yesterday.

He was really furious with me, my guess is that it's his first time to be washed.

I managed to capture a photo of Cindy and Asha playing this morning.

A motion picture of Asha.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2018
uboma:

Not all ash though.

Cheers and regards...

***modified****

He was really furious with me, my guess is that it's his first time to be washed.

A bath? seriously? Isis has not had one its still pretty cold here. neither have the older dogs in a while now.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by uboma(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2018
jayned:

A bath? seriously? Isis has not had one its still pretty cold here. neither have the older dogs in a while now.

It gets hot here during the day.

You have a friendly weather over there.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2018
uboma:

Not all ash though.

Cheers and regards...

***modified****

Wow! Cindy is a real beauty. They both look great! nice job!

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by Omololu2121: 9:30am On Jan 28, 2018
uboma:

Not all ash though.

Cheers and regards...

***modified****

I love your dogs pictures,lovely pic
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by uboma(m): 9:32am On Jan 28, 2018
Omololu2121:
I love your dogs pictures,lovely pic

Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 11:40am On Feb 10, 2018
Isis at 3 months

5 Likes

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 11:52am On Feb 10, 2018
More! @ 3 months. her diet has changed now since the Arion finished and I could not get readily to buy. I got bingo which thankfully she liked it but her poo was terrible. It was black, not firm and stank. I initially thought she was ill and was worried sick.

I later figured the poop was that nature as a result of the bingo.

She is doing fine and full of energy. I gave up training her because it was really hard. But potty training worked thankfully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by doingood: 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
Nice co. Is she for sale?
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 1:33am On Feb 11, 2018
doingood:
Nice co. Is she for sale?
Sorry she is not.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by doingood: 2:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
Can I get exactly this for a female? Where did u buy her.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
doingood:
Can I get exactly this for a female? Where did u buy her.

I didn't buy her. she is my older dog's offspring. At the moment, all her siblings are in their homes so maybe next litter.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
Meet Simba Isis one of Isis's brothers. We have met Asha already.

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by Coldplay007(f): 5:42am On Feb 12, 2018
jayned:
More! @ 3 months. her diet has changed now since the Arion finished and I could not get readily to buy. I got bingo which thankfully she liked it but her poo was terrible. It was black, not firm and stank. I initially thought she was ill and was worried sick.

I later figured the poop was that nature as a result of the bingo.

She is doing fine and full of energy. I gave up training her because it was really hard. But potty training worked thankfully.

Stop feeding your puppy Bingo.. it is the worst dog food product I have ever Fed my dogs.. they stopped growing with Bingo..

Hope you are not planning to mate Isis with her father?
Seems Uboma bought two puppies from you.. Again I hope he also is not planning on mating sibling dogs..
It is always a bad idea..
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 8:01am On Feb 12, 2018
Coldplay007:

Stop feeding your puppy Bingo.. it is the worst dog food product I have ever Fed my dogs.. they stopped growing with Bingo..

Hope you are not planning to mate Isis with her father?
Seems Uboma bought two puppies from you.. Again I hope he also is not planning on mating sibling dogs..
It is always a bad idea..

Uboma bought only one puppy from me, Asha. About the bingo, noted and thanks. We all know that inbreeding is a no no.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by doingood: 8:31am On Feb 12, 2018
Please when are u expecting d next litter and are u base in Lagos? I'm in Lagos.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 10:21am On Feb 12, 2018
doingood:
Please when are u expecting d next litter and are u base in Lagos? I'm in Lagos.

God willing the next litter will be in June. And I live in Jos.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
Isis is here at 4months. She had some teething issues and barely ate for a week. Had to take her to the vet's. She is all good now.

The pictures below were taken on our way to the vet's.

Modification*

She weighed 23kg not so chubby I guess.

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
A week after the vet visit.

So Isis was black at birth but within days her colour started changing and she could easily be spotted among her siblings. Now, she is nothing like her colour at birth. she has sure changed a lot and she looks nothing like her parents colour wise.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
Let's get some scale so u would have an idea of how she really is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by 14teenK: 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
I just love her black mask.. ...what do you feed your dogs, your Caucasians are always Plumpy and different from others

2 Likes

Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 2:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
14teenK:
I just love her black mask.. ...what do you feed your dogs, your Caucasians are always Plumpy and different from others

Actually, it's all about the fur/hair and the genes too. Cos my feeding is practically basic nothing out of the ordinary.

Since Isis's Arion finished, I have been feeding her bingo (though I was advised not to) I also feed her what I feed my older dog's (corn, groundnut, fish mill mixture) just a bit though.

When she took ill her constant food was raw eggs at most 3 a day. Some days, she would have just 2. Got canned food as well but she ate that just once and lost interest.

I also noticed that regular washing of her bowl helps her eat more. Meanwhile, I feed her just twice a day and she always has clean water.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by Eveezy(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2018
jayned:

Actually, it's all about the fur/hair and the genes too. Cos my feeding is practically basic nothing out of the ordinary.

Since Isis's Arion finished, I have been feeding her bingo (though I was advised not to) I also feed her what I feed my older dog's (corn, groundnut, fish mill mixture) just a bit though.

When she took ill her constant food was raw eggs at most 3 a day. Some days, she would have just 2. Got canned food as well but she ate that just once and lost interest.

I also noticed that regular washing of her bowl helps her eat more. Meanwhile, I feed her just twice a day and she always has clean water.
This grinded maize ND groundnut seems to be really popular in jos
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
Eveezy:
This grinded maize ND groundnut seems to be really popular in jos
Na so! even though it was on this nairaland I learnt how to make it.
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by Eveezy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2018
jayned:

Na so! even though it was on this nairaland I learnt how to make it.
When I first got here, I couldn't prepare it, Bt I just walked to a store where dey sell food stuff ND I asked for what I can use to prepare dog food, ND gave all to me. Now I even added my own by blending some dried dog food with the maize
Re: Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. by jayned: 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
Eveezy:

When I first got here, I couldn't prepare it, Bt I just walked to a store where dey sell food stuff ND I asked for what I can use to prepare dog food, ND gave all to me. Now I even added my own by blending some dried dog food with the maize

Very true! When I got to the mill the lady there also gave me some ideas it's really common here in Jos.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wolf male German Shepard for mating / What Breed Does This Puppy Lionel Messi Is Holding Belong To? / AJESEH PET STORE.Elero, ASHI,BODIJA,IBADAN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.