Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Toilet Seat Debate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toilet Seat Debate (3229 Views)

Men And Toilet Etiquette / The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toilet Seat Debate by BlackMamba(m): 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2007
Any person fit to use the bathroom, male and female alike, should be able to adjust the seat to their use.
I want to ask women: Who gave you exclusive ownership of the bathroom? If men are nice enough to put the seat down, why can't you ladies lift it up when you are done?
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by ikamefa(f): 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2007
puleazeeeeeeeeee! dont get me started on this toilet seat issue! angry * roll eyez*
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by iice(f): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2007
Okay i do put the sit up because i have live with boys all my life, and they can be lazy so to save time and arguments, i put the sit up when am done.
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by sisimose(f): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2007
lol you want us to put the seat down lol aww, i feel you though. Never thought of that smiley
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2007
blackmamba

if you were a girl who has lived with boys .you'll know different .
they are the most lazy pple around .

i get to lift up the seat all the time
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2007
Will they beat you if you leave the seat down, or are you ladies just too 'submissive'?
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2007
if we dont put it down it syats like that . .if you want to argue it gets crazy .the next thing out of their mouth is" aint you a woman"
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by watever(f): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2007
yea. . .and then u'll ve 2 sit on their pee angry
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2007
The fair solution is for the toilet seat to be left in any position the user prefers. People should not be forced to leave the toilet seat up if they'd rather leave it down, and vice versa. Otherwise someone is being bullied, which is bad.

Reasons:
- No position is better than the other.
- The effort it takes to more the seat to your prefered position is neglidgible.
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2007
yea, and then you'll ve to sit on their pee
Ah, so that is the real problem. Thanks for pointing it out. So it's not as if the men are bullies or something.
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 8:20pm On Mar 04, 2007
watever i feel you on that .
sometimes they dnt wipe the seat and you get to sit on their pee .its disgusting angry

men are bullies .yeah especillay if you have leder brothers/cousins they tend to act as if you are married to them .

wipe the seat  no one wants to sit on ur pee
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2007
Hmmmm, based on this new information, I think lifting the seat is the smart thing to do. You're doing it for yourself. wink
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2007
if they really care about us .they should do things the way they are supposed to go .
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2007
They are not your husbands, so why should you not take the responsibility of caring about yourself yourself?
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2007
if you were living with men and you were female you'll know that you take care of urself and them too .

why mustnt they so something so simple to compensate you?

all they do is act like you are married to them and not their sibling
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 8:34pm On Mar 04, 2007
Are you not the oned who complained that they treat you like wives? Now you are saying they should?
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2007
i am not sayin they should treat me like their wife .i am sayin they should compensate me at least for all the things i do for them .rather than waiting for me to do the simplest thing .

its really hard especially if you're younger than them .
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by lalaboi(m): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2007
what are u talkn bout gan??
i tot d plastic is 4 ladies! wich 1 is pulling up and down?
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2007
its really hard especially if you're younger than them .
What's so hard about putting up the toilet seat in order not to have to clean it later? I don't really understand.

i am sayin they should compensate me at least for all the things i do for them
You can demand payment for all the things you do for them, and then use the money to pay them for the toilet work?
If they refuse to pay for your services, then maybe those services are not as important to them as you think?
Maybe the things you do for them are being done more for yourself than for them, making gratitude inappropriate? smiley
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2007
Seun:

What's so hard about putting up the toilet seat in order not to have to clean it later?

i am being general here cheesy

You can demand payment for all the things you do for them, and then use the money to pay them for the toilet work?
If they refuse to pay for your services, then maybe those services are not as important to them as you think?
Maybe the things you do for them are being done more for yourself than for them, making gratitude inappropriate? smiley
demand payment and i'll end up being told how an African woman must work sad
those services are really important to them .they wouldnt live without them grin cheesy

i do things for them more than how i do for myself
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Seun(m): 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2007
Hehe. Ok o, I have no further suggestions. Happy toileting. smiley
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2007
cool wink hope you'll put the seat down for the ladies cheesy
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by 4Play(m): 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2007
The whole toilet seat debate is symptomatic of what is wrong with the female sex.

We want the toilet seat up,they want it down.If we come in and see the toilet seat down,we don't complain but if the reverse is the case,women complain to the high heavens.It is as if the world should only be how they want it.

They are not prepared to countenance the fact that humanity is diverse and our needs are similarly diverse

Good luck to my brothers in the struggle to keep the toilet seat up grin
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by mukina2: 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2007
you have come again

am sure you leave the seat up all the time angry
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by naijacutee(f): 5:33am On Mar 05, 2007
Ok, since you got me started on the toilet seat issue, here goes : I have personally invested my time (22 seconds) on this issue and I'm sure I can boldly say that not only should the toilet seat be left down but the cover as well!
Source : The toilet museum
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by ikamefa(f): 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2007
@ watever!

yea. . .and then u'll ve 2 sit on their pee

word! angry so disgusting , coupled with when you have to clean after them! angry
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by 4Play(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2007
@ikamefa

Disgusting?Don't forget,it is you people who bleed from the vagina on a monthly basis shocked
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by ikamefa(f): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2007
4 Play:

@ikamefa

Disgusting?Don't forget,it is you people who bleed from the vagina on a monthly basis shocked

so? do we bleed on the toilet seats?  or do you know of any woman who uses the toilet seats as her sanitarypads or tampons?  angry * roll eyez*
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by BlackMamba(m): 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2007
4 Play:

The whole toilet seat debate is symptomatic of what is wrong with the female sex.
We want the toilet seat up,they want it down.If we come in and see the toilet seat down,we don't complain but if the reverse is the case,women complain to the high heavens.It is as if the world should only be how they want it.
They are not prepared to countenance the fact that humanity is diverse and our needs are similarly diverse
Good luck to my brothers in the struggle to keep the toilet seat up grin

Exactly my point, brother.
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Free(f): 4:22am On Mar 06, 2007
so? do we bleed on the toilet seats? or do you know of any woman who uses the toilet seats as her sanitarypads or tampons?

ask him ooo

@topic
all am sayin is just put da seat back down
when Ur done
grin
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by acidrop(f): 4:26am On Mar 06, 2007
so who is oposing and who is supporting toilet seat in dis debate naoo tongue
Re: Toilet Seat Debate by Douzy(m): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2007
Thank God nobody really bothers himself/herself about such trifle here in Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Dire Need Of Honest Advice / Please Can Someone Tell Me What I Did Wrong Here? / Free Empowerment Training!!!! Simply Free!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.