Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet (43504 Views)

Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace / Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by GermanMelania: 3:03am On Jan 27, 2018
This kind situation you do NOT leave. You stay there. Drag and make sure them no do business. Your bag would have been "found" . Now, the chances of recovering is zero. The employees are in it together and done chop am. Sorry for your loss

3 Likes

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by obinna222: 3:03am On Jan 27, 2018
Truthfully, you aren't supposed to leave your bags and valuables unattended as that is a public space. Hence, the owner of the property can't be held liable.

What you seek is their assistance with the investigation of which there really isn't any law that mandates that they must install CCTV camera in their premises.

You can try your luck with the lawyer and police thingy, but legally they don't owe you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by pmagic: 3:22am On Jan 27, 2018
guy use twitter to spread this new then Hash tag coldstone ,and their competitors.
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by BigBrother9ja: 3:22am On Jan 27, 2018
helphelp:
They should have had "Bags, phones and other valuables are kept at owner's risk"

I'm sure una go carry una bags go buy the ice cream.

12-5pm....una no get work
Dear dólt, I'm sorry I have to delete your dolty comment. Would you rather say that same thing if it were to be ya mama's bag that was stolen?

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by BigBrother9ja: 3:23am On Jan 27, 2018
Cutejaelyn:
Please i want to use this medium to be good hearts to help me raise N20k to pay a debt I've been owing for 6months now. It has gotten worse and i can't bear the embarrassment any longer. pls help me. God bless:

Account no: 0091370588

Diamond bank
Lol! Really?
See your life outside.
Smh

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Cutejaelyn(f): 3:25am On Jan 27, 2018
BigBrother9ja:

Lol! Really?
See your life outside.
Smh
pls don't condemn me. its very serious here thanks

and do well to unqoute my previous post
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by BigBrother9ja: 3:43am On Jan 27, 2018
Cutejaelyn:
pls don't condemn me. its very serious here thanks

and do well to unqoute my previous post
Previous quote? What are you talking about?
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Youngsage: 3:44am On Jan 27, 2018
Organizer111222:
12pm to 5pm ... you guys are stupid

And how does the duration of time they spent there justify the occurrence of the theft
Are you really always an idiot or just making some effort to appear as one?

4 Likes

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Youngsage: 3:52am On Jan 27, 2018
UjSizzle:

Thank you.
Thank you.

Because the only true way to get anyone's attention in this country is to take it to the public court.

I was only following protocol. I don't enjoy spilling my business online, but I also don't like being lied to repeatedly especially after I offered a hand of civility.

They messed up a full week for me and caused me enough emotional trauma to last the year.

I'm not looking for public sympathy; that's not what this is abou
I simply want people to know the level of nonsense we deal with in this country.

Dear UJSizzle, first I must commend you for your patience, level of civility and decision to come out with this incident online, however, inasmuch as it pays to follow protocol, some situations require drastic actions of which, civility may not just cut it.
In Nigeria of today, sadly, such a situation demands the opposite of civility. By the time you have created a scene, made calls and taken videos/pics, with the help of your friends that were with you, the bag will appear trust me.
Most of these restaurants are just rogues and corporate thieves!
I have had my own fair share of similar dubious encounters and petty theft with all these people, thankfully all resolved.

However, I appeal to you not to sweep this case away until the end is seen, no matter how long it takes.
Take it to Twitter as well if you haven't. You will get help faster over there.
Sorry for the trauma.

4 Likes

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by davidif: 3:55am On Jan 27, 2018
FatGuy:
Wait!
First and foremost, I admire the way you write, it shows you are educated.
Secondly, you sound rich, and I believe you are.
But what I don't understand is bringing this to a public forum after reporting to the Police! Why is everybody suddenly trying to get sympathy from the public at the detriment of others? Truth be told, what those guys Coldstone Creamery were trying to do was just ''playing safe'', and you should have given them reasonable time even before reporting to the police.

Gosh, you are so naive. In fact you are truly naive its not even funny. Where do i.even start with your case?
Is it the fact that you trust the coldstone creamery to do the right thing or the nigerian police to conduct an actual investigation. In case you have not been following, if you want to get things done in naija you had better do it yourself. So its absolutely the right move on her part to take it online. Patience ko, patience ni!
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 27, 2018
Who put "ROBBED" in the title? The OP or the moderator?

How is what was described a robbery? I did not read anywhere where violence was used.

"Robbery | Definition of Robbery by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/robbery
legal Definition of robbery. plural robberies. : the unlawful taking away of personal property from a person by violence or by threat of violence that causes fear : larceny from the person or immediate presence of another by violence or threat of violence and with intent to steal. — aggravated robbery."

This is an alleged theft at best.

3 Likes

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by sirusX(m): 4:49am On Jan 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Who put "ROBBED" in the title? The OP or the moderator?

How is what was described a robbery? I did not read anywhere where violence was used.

"Robbery | Definition of Robbery by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/robbery
legal Definition of robbery. plural robberies. : the unlawful taking away of personal property from a person by violence or by threat of violence that causes fear : larceny from the person or immediate presence of another by violence or threat of violence and with intent to steal. — aggravated robbery."

This is an alleged theft at best.
Iffa hear say people dey find definition

Once you hear robbed....na to understand say dem thief from you...either at gun point or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 27, 2018
sirusX:

Iffa hear say people dey find definition

Once you hear robbed....na to understand say dem thief from you...either at gun point or not

Very well then.

Carry on.

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 27, 2018
I thank the moderator for correcting the title.

1) Sometimes it's little things like this that can help show that we are not an (expletive) hole country, but a country full of young academics.

2) The criminal court sentence between petty theft and robbery is vast.

I certainly wouldn't patronize a business where robberies are known to occur (I can't control that) but may consider one where petty thefts occur (I can control that).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by sirusX(m): 5:13am On Jan 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I thank the moderator for correcting the title.

1) Sometimes it's little things like this that can help show that we are not an (expletive) hole country, but a country full of young academics.

2) The criminal court sentence between petty theft and robbery is vast.

I certainly wouldn't patronize a business where robberies are known to occur (I can't control that) but may consider one where petty thefts occur (I can control that).
Well done for pointing that out

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by 3rdeye1(m): 5:23am On Jan 27, 2018
FatGuy:
Wait!
But what I don't understand is bringing this to a public forum after reporting to the Police! Why is everybody suddenly trying to get sympathy from the public at the detriment of others? Truth be told, what those guys Coldstone Creamery were trying to do was just ''playing safe'', and you should have given them reasonable time even before reporting to the police.
i found this sickening. Give them time for a lost(obviously stolen) property? Come off it dude! ��.. She has displayed all definitions of civility and courtesy.

3 Likes

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:28am On Jan 27, 2018
ireneidiva:

Read what you wrote again and ask yourself if you made any sense. She is rich and so? How long should she have given them as they obviously refised to address the issue? Why should they play safe?

I have been scrolling in anticipation of this response. The guys post makes no sense to me either.
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by aamstih: 5:30am On Jan 27, 2018
FatGuy:
Wait!
But[b][/b] what I don't understand is bringing this to a public forum after reporting to the Police! Why is everybody suddenly trying to get sympathy from the public at the detriment of others? Truth be told, what those guys Coldstone Creamery were trying to do was just ''playing safe'', and you should have given them reasonable time even before reporting to the police.[b][/b]

Considering the bolded, I infer you are not in Nigeria and have lost touch of the system back home.
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by hoover420: 5:50am On Jan 27, 2018
Nihilist:

Sue who? cheesy

and for what? grin

e be like say you nor know say litigation is expensive...and after spending all that time and effort, you go to court and OP discovers that the company are not legally liable for her lost property due to negligence, and she was negligent here....

The restaurant is not even obliged to have CCTV or to let her view the tapes

As long as she saw the sign stating that all personal items are at owners risk, she legally doesnt have a leg to stand on.

OP next time hold your bag when you go to get ice cream.

If she can't win in court, then she can win in social media court... Similar thing happened to that racist H&M design and they lost considerable amount of customers!
This thing should be on twitter and fb already and lets see if they won't issue public statement and apology!
#ourmumudondo

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by hoover420: 5:54am On Jan 27, 2018
Youngsage:

Dear UJSizzle, first I must commend you for your patience, level of civility and decision to come out with this incident online, however, inasmuch as it pays to follow protocol, some situations require drastic actions of which, civility may not just cut it.
In Nigeria of today, sadly, such a situation demands the opposite of civility. By the time you have created a scene, made calls and taken videos/pics, with the help of your friends that were with you, the bag will appear trust me.
Most of these restaurants are just rogues and corporate thieves!
I have had my own fair share of similar dubious encounters and petty theft with all these people, thankfully all resolved.

However, I appeal to you not to sweep this case away until the end is seen, no matter how long it takes.
Take it to Twitter as well if you haven't. You will get help faster over there.
Sorry for the trauma.

I just don't know why the OP is wasting time again. Post this thing on Twitter and cc your Twitter handle for us to make it go viral... Simple!!!

2 Likes

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Chukazu: 5:55am On Jan 27, 2018
FatGuy:
Wait!

By bringing it to public forum, others can learn valuable lessons...if possible available the Said creamy crooks
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by opribo(m): 6:03am On Jan 27, 2018
Only Abba Kyari can unravel this mystery. Call him on phone. For now he is the only trustworthy police officer.

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by MRLANNISTER(m): 6:06am On Jan 27, 2018
helphelp:
They should have had "Bags, phones and other valuables are kept at owner's risk"

I'm sure una go carry una bags go buy the ice cream.

12-5pm....una no get work

As dumb as anyone can be.

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by stonecoldcafe: 6:07am On Jan 27, 2018
UjSizzle:
It's a long read but bear with me.
back and we asked her if she fo and frustrating our efforts. Perhaps I’ll learn to be more dramatic and cause a scene in the future.

Getting this kind of treatment from a favourite brand is extremely disappointing. You can do better than this.

A member of staff stole that bag. Shame nor go gree make that person own up. If the company is very serious, every staff on duty that night will be spoken to individually. The most likely culprit locked up. That bag will show. Finally for their sanity, if all this fails, every member of staff on duty that night should be sacked.

It will be a high risk to keep any of them on.
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by makky555(f): 6:09am On Jan 27, 2018
she did right by coming out maybe now they'll respond to her. at least she didn't come out on social media police station to first report the case. Smart woman

1 Like

Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 27, 2018
Seriously the case with this company got me worried. Me for scatter the place one customer go enter till i get what i lost .. i dont give up easy . I fit take 10Naira find 50Naira wey lost. Dem dey crazy.

If they were robbed the will show us the footage. Robber style bleeped. Who dem help?
Re: Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet by Kobicove(m): 6:12am On Jan 27, 2018
tyosho:
They could have just silently accepted responsibility and worked out a way to compensate you.Instead they went the naija way of lying first and this is the cost of that.

Anyway this is good.Share on all SM platforms you have accounts with.Let them come out publicly to issue a statement.

Why would the management of an establishment accept responsibility for an item that was stolen in an 'open' area?

If you were the owner of the company would you accept readily accept responsibility without proof?

Do that and you would be inundated with spurious claims form members of the public with regards to loss of non existent items in your outlets

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK / Tony Elumelu & Children Celebrate His Wife, Awele On 51st Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.