Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Mad Men And A Fictional Country-badiru Kehinde - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Mad Men And A Fictional Country-badiru Kehinde (479 Views)

I Must Be Mad / You Think I Am Mad. / "The Mad Man And The Seven Demons" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mad Men And A Fictional Country-badiru Kehinde by Badirukehinde(m): 12:54am On Jan 27, 2018
MAD MEN AND A FICTIONAL COUNTRY

Welcome to Nigeria;
The fictional country.

You are mad if you
don't know that
Nigeria is a fiction!

I'm mad, and I know it is
a fiction.
I'm not mad because of them
I'm mad because
you thought your dreams
are achievable only
with their long spoons.
I'm also mad,
not because I'v not eaten
but because the larger
hungry planet of masses
will vote again
for change.

I'm mad because
we will not change
our diapers
and sing new songs.
I'm mad because
these words are too
light for the sane,
they
will
never
understand
a bit...

Only the mad can speak out!

#BadiruKehinde

I Know Why Your Mother Cries is Badiru's first collection of poetry after years of writing for the social media space.

IKWYMC is a poetry about love, feminism, motherhood, failed promises, poverty, corruption, will, injustice, leadership, hope and the dream we collectively share. "The language is simple, almost prosaic in order to make the message clear to the masses that he represents..." Professor Hope Eghagha(From Foreward)

Get yours, click to buy
https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/i_know_why_your_mother_cries/14808 Price is #750

or chat +2348135359053 to buy directly from author via Bank transfer. The book (e-pub) would be mailed afterwards.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36222479-i-know-why-your-mother-cries

About Poet:
Badiru Kehinde was born in Okokomaiko, Lagos. His first published work is a poetry collection titled; I Know Why Your Mother Cries. Also, He was schooled at Osun state university where he had his first degree in English Language and International Studies. Kehinde is also a spoken work artiste, writes, designs, brands and teaches. He is a regular columnist on different online platforms where his works have been featured. Kehinde has served as campus journalist, features editor and editor in chief of two magazines. He also loves freelance writing, Literature, Smooth Jazz, Culture, Digital media, meeting people and God.
Badiru writes and shares different exciting stuffs on his Instagram and Facebook page mostly. He is currently working on collection of short stories, another collection of poems and a memoir.

FB/Twitter/IG: BadiruKehinde
www.hub201.com/author/badiru-kehinde/
E-mail:badirukehinde@gmail.com

Thanks and best wishes

(1) (Reply)

If Truly The Dead Don't Sleep Poem(nigeria Anthem). / Depressed Soul / Snow [haiku]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.