Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Buhari's Achievements - Bunch Of Lies By APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Achievements - Bunch Of Lies By APC (560 Views)

FFK: WHO, Gates, Bunch Of Confused Clowns, Sociopathic Fools, Psychopatic Idiots / 2019: Presidency Accepts Atiku's Challenge, Releases Buhari's Achievements / Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Achievements - Bunch Of Lies By APC by naijapips04: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2018
I'm sure you must have seen the picture below flying around lately. Trying to sell buhari's achievements as a cover-up for this nepotic and destructive tendencies. Well, those achievements are not exactly true. I will take them one after the other for you to see the scam that is APC and how they try to twist propaganda in their favour.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6609535_fbimg1517013849778_jpeg006c8171b761f16921630f27de2f0680

1. Yaradua/GEJ budgeting 63 billion for Abuja Runaway and buhari doing the same project for N5.8billion.

This right here is a big fact lie.

True Yaradua/GEJ were seeking approval to the tune of 63 billion to contruct a New runway. They wanted to construct a second runway because the first is way past it's expiry date and there's also need for an alternate runaway in case the first runaway becomes closed as it was yesterday (after an aircraft skid off the expired runaway)

Buhari actually used N5.8 billion to renovate an already expired runaway that was built in 1982. Now tell me how this N6.8 billion is not a waste . I'm certain this same runaway would be renovated again before 2019 with another set of billions. This is the kind of backward thinking that has characterized this government.

2. Jamb remitting 50 million since inception but N7.8 billion last year.

This is quite true but it all due to the implementation of the TSA by GEJ government. Before the TSA, several MDAs not just Jamb had thousands of accounts in different banks. Most of which the Federal government was not even aware of . Centralizing revenue collection, a beautiful initiative by the Jonathan led government, has allowed the government to track inflows and demand better accountability. This is not a buhari achievement.

3. Customs generation N1 trillion in 2017.

Another bare faced lie.

The Nigeria has been devaluated. N1 trillion in 2017 is approximately N400 billion in 2014/2015 which is less than what Nigerian customs generated in 2014 for instance. (they did N1 trillion in 2014 by the way https://guardian.ng/business-services/customs-earns-n1-trillion-revenue-in-2014/ )

4. External reserves hittign $40 billion.

Buhari is not paying subsidies. Our reserves stood at $34.49 billion in January 2015.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/174430-nigerias-foreign-reserves-hit-34-49-bn.html

5. FIRS 2.1 trillion in 6 months.

Again , TSA happened. A wonderful achievement by the GEJ government.

I just leave the rest of the well laid out trash for your discretion.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

Re: Buhari's Achievements - Bunch Of Lies By APC by Sosqui: 8:14am On Jan 27, 2018
I agree with you 100%. Though, the past administration failed but Buhari administration failed woefully.
Let's rise and say no to both failed parties.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Practising Nuclear Nepotism – Secondus / Real Reason Buhari Recalled NHIS Boss Usman Yusuf / Photos: Governor Fayose Visits Benue Today, See What He Said..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.