Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" (33012 Views)

Uche Ogbodo: I Almost Died In 2020 And You Say I Shouldn't Show My Chest / Uche Ogbodo: I Prayed For Real Husband But Single Motherhood Chose / I Sometimes Battle With Low Self-Esteem – Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Letenwam: 9:32am On Jan 27, 2018
Nollywood actress Uche Ogbodo, sat for a chat with Emelogu Favour. Here are excerpts from the interview.

The time was 5:03pm, I dialed Uche Ogbodo’s number to schedule an interview with her. She picked at first call and in few seconds, I was already talking to this actress who featured in movies, I grew up becoming fond of and even do a throw back with.

It’s quite amazing seeing that Uche Ogbodo still has a place in the Nigerian movie Industry, the third biggest movie Industry in the world, 14 years after and still counting. The light skinned actress was friendly at the other end of the phone and before we rounded off the interview plan, she said ‘shey na wetin I talk you go write?’ Quite funny, but the year had already begun with drama between an actress and a reporter.

Our little chat was meant to be just about Uche Ogbodo’s plan for the year, but few minutes after the call dropped, I will see a photo of the beautiful actress already in the gym on Instagram with ‘Back 2 the Grind ‘ caption and different work out inspired hashtags. I had to make a quick upgrade on the questions, and trust me;  Uche Ogbodo is one actress whose other ‘angle’ you’ll like to know.

Before the recent photo on her Instagram page, there was an ‘Uche Ogbodo brand’ DP on her page, one would think that the actress wants to go into more production this year, however she had this to say;

Yes there was a logo on my Instagram page but it isn’t a production house Logo. It’s a brand logo for the Uche Ogbodo Brand. My Intention is to do more starring this year than production. Of course that is my main job. 

You once said Nollywood feels like a cult, does it still feel that way?

Well it still feels that way because things are still done in Circles. But I’m not letting that deter me. Because Nollywood itself is very Huge and can contain everyone with their diverse talents and creative mindset, so I am focusing on myself and what I can bring to the table. 

Some say your 2017 birthday dress and fashion style is not conventional with the Nigerian culture, are we seeing more 'middle finger' style this year?

Well in fashion and what I wear on my skin, I hardly seek opinions nor attention with it. I wear what I love and what I feel good in. I’m not one to check on what people may think about what I wear or not. It is my body and it is my money as well. So what the hell! 

Your movie 'Rip Tide' took almost a year, was there any production hitch?

Well yeah, I had some technical delays with RIPTIDE that I was trying to sort out in the studio, but now everything is fine and we are ready to release. 

Any regrets being a single mother?

I’m not even gonna lie, I sometimes feel so bad and cry when things get so much on me, because I feel raising a child is a job for 2 people not 1. I never wanted to be a single mother, fate chose me!!  But nonetheless, I have no regrets on deciding to keep the baby and not abort it. I’m happy with myself, one of the best decisions I ever made. And I’m happy with the Lovely Daughter God Blessed me with. It’s all worth the effort. 

Do you think the culture and belief system of tribes in Nigeria have been fair to single mothers? Are you under any pressure to remarry?

Well I know our African culture and tradition does not support singleness nor single motherhood, and I don’t think it’s bad. I love African Culture and the discipline that comes with it. But ultimately the choice to cajole a child or daughter into marriage is that of the direct or immediate family, and I come from the most organized lovely and supportive Family. They all know what I went through with my Ex and they are supporting me through it all. They are more concerned with me healing completely from my scar, than forcing me into marriage. 

Tattoos tell a story and you have one, what’s your own story?

The story behind my tattoo is; at the end of it all, all the glory belongs to Almighty God!  My tattoo is an embedded Cross with “Glory” written across it. 

Are you a fan of gender equality?

I am a big Fan of Gender Equality 

Have you had any face-off with a colleague you won't forget?

I’ve had face-offs with some of my colleagues, but they are minor confrontations that happen daily on the course of our job. But the Greatest Confrontations of them all, would be when I was physically assaulted by a marketer then “Amaco” or whatever his name is again. I will never forget that! He even went on to feign innocence in the incident, buying people with money to lie against me, telling them to say I was the one who assaulted him first. He even told the press that I slapped him first just to destroy my name! This Man assaulted me mercilessly and stripped me naked for no sin I could remember. He even threatened me, saying that he will destroy my career and that I should bid Nollywood goodbye. Well he tried his best but God is bigger than him. 

Ada Slim is your friend, what do you have to say about her banter with Tonto Dikeh?

I don’t really know the issue between them. Ada is my friend but I didn’t ask because this case is between two former best friends, and they will sort it out. It’s none of my business.

You have a 'clique' which includes Anita Joseph, Angela Okorie, Obehi Inojie and Tracy Daniel, what makes those ladies special to you?

Those ladies are special to me, because they are really strong women with diverse originality and orientations. I love being friends with women who know their onion.

What's that part of Uche Ogbodo behind the scene we don't know? What else should we expect from you this year apart from acting in 2018?

That part of me behind the scene people don’t know is; how carefree and easy going I am. I don’t really like all the fuss that comes with celebrity life.  I just like to enjoy family time with my kid and two sisters that stay with me. I am also very ‘spiritual’ as well. In 2018, I have lots of ideas that I’m unveiling, especially one that is starting really soon, I can’t wait to share it all with you guys. Uche Ogbodo’s brand is really growing and spreading out. God willing, everything will fall into place as I expect it should.

Are you open to love in 2018? Is marrying your colleague a "Yes Yes" for you?

I am very much open to falling in love. Everyone who knows me, know that I am a girl who believes in love, although I haven’t been so lucky with love, but I believe real love will find me soon and keep me locked down. So 2018 is the year maybe, and I don’t have a choice of who I will marry or not, one can find love in different places. I believe true love has no color, so if I find it in a colleague, I will be delighted to walk down the aisle with him. 

Banky W and your colleague Adesua Etomi's marriage was the biggest thing in 2017, what do you have to say about their love story?

I never saw it coming, but I was really happy for them. God bless their Union.

I saw the trailer of 'Mrs Noah', was that sex scene real?

Hell Yes & No it wasn’t real, it was just acting 

What was your experience with Anthony Monjaro? What should we expect from 'Kissing Shadows'? Is there any award you hope to clinch with it?

Kissing Shadows is one of my best movies and project in 2018. I’m really happy I was chosen for my role, and starring alongside Anthony Monjaro was real great. We had a chemistr, he is a very good actor. I love working with actors I have chemistry with.  Well if I’m able to clinch an award with ‘Kissing Shadows’, that would be really great.

http://lailasnews.com/exclusive-the-other-side-of-uche-ogbodo-the-actress/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2018
That's the reality.

To be a single mum without the father of the child helping out financially and all other areas concerning the child ain't easy.

Single mums are trying. God will keep blessing them the more and empower them to take care of their children. It's not delightful situation to be in.

I hail them.

When ones bf will say, I can't wait for u to have a baby for me. I will just use one corner eye look am angry
You are not talking of. Marriage, u are talking of baby. Abeg swerve!

Na me, u wan put for trouble. undecided

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Olalan(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2018
She's been truthful about raising a child by herself not been easy. I pity young girls who foolishly believe the dumb feminist crew who downplay the role of a man in a woman's life.
You need compare a woman boss with a happy home with another single mature woman the difference is so clear in their behaviours and attitude.
My opinion thou....

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by princechurchill(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2018
Nothing gives joy than been honest with yourself

18 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by doyinisaac(m): 11:12am On Jan 27, 2018
Olalan:
She's been truthful about raising a child by herself not been easy. I pity young girls who foolishly believe the dumb feminist crew who downplay the role of a man in a woman's life.
You need compare a woman boss with a happy home with another single mature woman the difference is so clear in their behaviours and attitude.
My opinion thou....
Una must find every opportunity to bash feminists sha......una no dey tire

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Ahmed0336(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2018
alexialin:
That's the reality.

To be a single mum without the father of the child helping out financially and all other areas concerning the child ain't easy.

Single mums are trying. God will keep blessing them the more and empower them to take care of their children. It's not delightful situation to be in.

I hail them.

When ones bf will say, I can't wait for u to have a baby for me. I will just use one corner eye look am angry
You are not talking of. Marriage, u are talking of baby. Abeg swerve!

Na me, u wan put for trouble. undecided
I concur, You take style funny.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ahmed0336:

I concur, You take style funny.

;DThanks

It helps to be funny sometimes . It's good for soul cheesy

My brother, am telling u. Some Guys think to have a baby is child's play. All their mind is zeroed in, his the regular and constant fuccvk! Forgetting their should be money for ante natal and post natal . The pregnant woman must be fed well with enough vitamins and nutrients, so that baby can form healthy in the womb. They assuming her v jay is small and doctor suggest CS, it costs more than natural birth.
They forget baby needs immunization, which some are not free. Baby food, baby wipes, everything pertaining to taking care of a baby . Then when the child starts creche and school? School fees is another ball game entirely. Mama sef go chop o. Because during latter stage of the pregnancy before delivery, some women cannot even go to work anymore. So who takes care of her? Spirit? undecided

All these things are not free, except the constant fucvkin grin Which is free.

But the rest costs money!

But the guys don't think! All they can visualize is sexx , then a one year old baby smiling and calling dada grin
That's all they can see.

Sighs.

If a man can successfully marry a woman and do the needful, dowry, housing, then having a kid comes with another set of planning . One shouldnt do things haphazardly. At the end the woman and the child suffers. That's the truth.
Everyone should be aware it's not moi moi bringing a child into the world and caring for that child.

Anyways how's the weekend going? smiley

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by doyinisaac(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
snipernigga:
Two elderly gentlemen, who had been without sex for several years, decided they needed to visit a cat-house for some tail.When they arrived, the madam took one look at them and decided she wasn’t going to waste any of her girls on these two old men.She used “blow-up” dolls instead. She put the dolls in each man’s room and left them to their business.After the two men were finished, they started for home and got to talking.The first man said, “I think the girl I had was dead. She never moved, talked or even groaned… how was it for you?”The second man replied, “I think mine was a witch.”The first man asked, “How’s that?”“Well,” said the second man, “when I nibbled on her breast… she farted and flew out the window!”

4 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
doyinisaac:
Chai see article....

No so!

You better know nw o.

Before you knowingly or unknowingly pop that cherry without protection

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by doyinisaac(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2018
alexialin:

No so!

You better know nw o.

Before you knowingly or unknowingly pop that cherry without protection
i am a virgin

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by lonelydora: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Don't cry dear...you reaped the seed you sowed.When you were opening legs for the nig*a, you were enjoying it.

When i was still in the world, i referred dating a single mother than single girls. They have experience already. grin grin Don't mind our society that turned it as if it's a taboo.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
You don't need to at all.
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by coluka: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Sorry o, accept my sympathy
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by BruncleZuma: 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
WomenPower!
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by snipernigga(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
Two elderly gentlemen, who had been without sex for several years, decided they needed to visit a cat-house for some tail.When they arrived, the madam took one look at them and decided she wasn’t going to waste any of her girls on these two old men.She used “blow-up” dolls instead. She put the dolls in each man’s room and left them to their business.After the two men were finished, they started for home and got to talking.The first man said, “I think the girl I had was dead. She never moved, talked or even groaned… how was it for you?”The second man replied, “I think mine was a witch.”The first man asked, “How’s that?”“Well,” said the second man, “when I nibbled on her breast… she farted and flew out the window!”

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Christane: 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
life story
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Tjohnnay: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Attention seeker
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
I don't know her
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by DaddyKross: 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
Na so so men full this thread

Why

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by dust88: 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
Even women with their husband cry too....there is no safe heaven

8 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Tallesty1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
Tjohnnay:
Attention seeker
Of what value is your attention to her?

Abeg where is the father of her child?
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by tstx(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ehya
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by nairavsdollars(f): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
So what do you want Nairalanders to do for you?
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Sweetcollins: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
Take heart dear
Feminism no easy

4 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by effiong2017: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
Letenwam:
Nollywood actress Uche Ogbodo, sat for a chat with Emelogu Favour. Here are excerpts from the interview.

The time was 5:03pm, I dialed Uche Ogbodo’s number to schedule an interview with her. She picked at first call and in few seconds, I was already talking to this actress who featured in movies, I grew up becoming fond of and even do a throw back with.

It’s quite amazing seeing that Uche Ogbodo still has a place in the Nigerian movie Industry, the third biggest movie Industry in the world, 14 years after and still counting. The light skinned actress was friendly at the other end of the phone and before we rounded off the interview plan, she said ‘shey na wetin I talk you go write?’ Quite funny, but the year had already begun with drama between an actress and a reporter.

Our little chat was meant to be just about Uche Ogbodo’s plan for the year, but few minutes after the call dropped, I will see a photo of the beautiful actress already in the gym on Instagram with ‘Back 2 the Grind ‘ caption and different work out inspired hashtags. I had to make a quick upgrade on the questions, and trust me;  Uche Ogbodo is one actress whose other ‘angle’ you’ll like to know.

Before the recent photo on her Instagram page, there was an ‘Uche Ogbodo brand’ DP on her page, one would think that the actress wants to go into more production this year, however she had this to say;

Yes there was a logo on my Instagram page but it isn’t a production house Logo. It’s a brand logo for the Uche Ogbodo Brand. My Intention is to do more starring this year than production. Of course that is my main job. 

You once said Nollywood feels like a cult, does it still feel that way?

Well it still feels that way because things are still done in Circles. But I’m not letting that deter me. Because Nollywood itself is very Huge and can contain everyone with their diverse talents and creative mindset, so I am focusing on myself and what I can bring to the table. 

Some say your 2017 birthday dress and fashion style is not conventional with the Nigerian culture, are we seeing more 'middle finger' style this year?

Well in fashion and what I wear on my skin, I hardly seek opinions nor attention with it. I wear what I love and what I feel good in. I’m not one to check on what people may think about what I wear or not. It is my body and it is my money as well. So what the hell! 

Your movie 'Rip Tide' took almost a year, was there any production hitch?

Well yeah, I had some technical delays with RIPTIDE that I was trying to sort out in the studio, but now everything is fine and we are ready to release. 

Any regrets being a single mother?

I’m not even gonna lie, I sometimes feel so bad and cry when things get so much on me, because I feel raising a child is a job for 2 people not 1. I never wanted to be a single mother, fate chose me!!  But nonetheless, I have no regrets on deciding to keep the baby and not abort it. I’m happy with myself, one of the best decisions I ever made. And I’m happy with the Lovely Daughter God Blessed me with. It’s all worth the effort. 

Do you think the culture and belief system of tribes in Nigeria have been fair to single mothers? Are you under any pressure to remarry?

Well I know our African culture and tradition does not support singleness nor single motherhood, and I don’t think it’s bad. I love African Culture and the discipline that comes with it. But ultimately the choice to cajole a child or daughter into marriage is that of the direct or immediate family, and I come from the most organized lovely and supportive Family. They all know what I went through with my Ex and they are supporting me through it all. They are more concerned with me healing completely from my scar, than forcing me into marriage. 

Tattoos tell a story and you have one, what’s your own story?

The story behind my tattoo is; at the end of it all, all the glory belongs to Almighty God!  My tattoo is an embedded Cross with “Glory” written across it. 

Are you a fan of gender equality?

I am a big Fan of Gender Equality 

Have you had any face-off with a colleague you won't forget?

I’ve had face-offs with some of my colleagues, but they are minor confrontations that happen daily on the course of our job. But the Greatest Confrontations of them all, would be when I was physically assaulted by a marketer then “Amaco” or whatever his name is again. I will never forget that! He even went on to feign innocence in the incident, buying people with money to lie against me, telling them to say I was the one who assaulted him first. He even told the press that I slapped him first just to destroy my name! This Man assaulted me mercilessly and stripped me naked for no sin I could remember. He even threatened me, saying that he will destroy my career and that I should bid Nollywood goodbye. Well he tried his best but God is bigger than him. 

Ada Slim is your friend, what do you have to say about her banter with Tonto Dikeh?

I don’t really know the issue between them. Ada is my friend but I didn’t ask because this case is between two former best friends, and they will sort it out. It’s none of my business.

You have a 'clique' which includes Anita Joseph, Angela Okorie, Obehi Inojie and Tracy Daniel, what makes those ladies special to you?

Those ladies are special to me, because they are really strong women with diverse originality and orientations. I love being friends with women who know their onion.

What's that part of Uche Ogbodo behind the scene we don't know? What else should we expect from you this year apart from acting in 2018?

That part of me behind the scene people don’t know is; how carefree and easy going I am. I don’t really like all the fuss that comes with celebrity life.  I just like to enjoy family time with my kid and two sisters that stay with me. I am also very ‘spiritual’ as well. In 2018, I have lots of ideas that I’m unveiling, especially one that is starting really soon, I can’t wait to share it all with you guys. Uche Ogbodo’s brand is really growing and spreading out. God willing, everything will fall into place as I expect it should.

Are you open to love in 2018? Is marrying your colleague a "Yes Yes" for you?

I am very much open to falling in love. Everyone who knows me, know that I am a girl who believes in love, although I haven’t been so lucky with love, but I believe real love will find me soon and keep me locked down. So 2018 is the year maybe, and I don’t have a choice of who I will marry or not, one can find love in different places. I believe true love has no color, so if I find it in a colleague, I will be delighted to walk down the aisle with him. 

Banky W and your colleague Adesua Etomi's marriage was the biggest thing in 2017, what do you have to say about their love story?

I never saw it coming, but I was really happy for them. God bless their Union.

I saw the trailer of 'Mrs Noah', was that sex scene real?

Hell Yes & No it wasn’t real, it was just acting 

What was your experience with Anthony Monjaro? What should we expect from 'Kissing Shadows'? Is there any award you hope to clinch with it?

Kissing Shadows is one of my best movies and project in 2018. I’m really happy I was chosen for my role, and starring alongside Anthony Monjaro was real great. We had a chemistr, he is a very good actor. I love working with actors I have chemistry with.  Well if I’m able to clinch an award with ‘Kissing Shadows’, that would be really great.

http://lailasnews.com/exclusive-the-other-side-of-uche-ogbodo-the-actress/

Lalasticlala
pls send your mobile number and account details to me @ Uche Ogbodo

4 Likes

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by dingbang(m): 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
Awww... Can I marry you
Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2018
Stop fuckkng guys just for money.

now you are complaining!

read this counter thread!

https://www.nairaland.com/4313964/counter-thread-7-reasons-wont

Drabeey was HERE

1 Like

Re: Uche Ogbodo: "I Sometimes Cry For Being A Single Mother" by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
Men are seen by the opposite sex as dog,cheater,and Randy,yet they cannot do without him.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Looks Stunning In Wedding Dress For Her New Movie / Nadia Buari Rocks Santa Claus Outfit To The Orphanage / "I Choose Not To Hide It" Actress, Wumi Toriola Shows Off Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.