Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Advice To Young Graduates Searching For Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice To Young Graduates Searching For Job (571 Views)

Civil Servant Fights For Job After Exposing Racketeering In Works Ministry / Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice To Young Graduates Searching For Job by Sudokudon: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2018
An average mind believes you must know an influential person to land a job, this is not entirely true. For a fresh graduate, the easiest way to get a job might be through connections because many people possess the same basic skills you have, but for someone with experience, that isn't true.

I have changed job twice without even knowing anyone and each time I did change jobs, I had at least 3 pools of jobs to pick from. I never submitted CV nor went through the rigours of let's get your CV to taste. It is either by referral or through LinkedIn.

So, go all out there, develop your skills, attend conferences and seminars where you can easily network and make sure you follow up with them, take up some volunteering work and don't despise small pay at the beginning. I started reluctantly with no pay volunteering work 7 years ago and a 30k job 6 years ago and grew on the job.

Lastly, if you don't want to be a teacher, stop wasting your time taking up any teaching jobs because it won't add to your experience. Take opportunities or volunteer ONLY in fields you want to see yourself in future.

Wish you the best!

(1) (Reply)

Our Anniversary Special Promo Training And Certification / Apply Now For Reckitt Benckiser Global Challenge 2018 / Ogunsoto Adegbenro Ayo Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.