Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,542 members, 7,801,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today (13705 Views)

Why Nigerians Should Embrace Snake Rearing - Abubakar Ballah / Cheap Online Businesses In Nigeria You Can Start Today / The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by mrphysics(m): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2018
Pavore9:

You are right. I have been freely trained on some skills which I was paid for when I started applying it. Foreigners are very liberal but clients from Pakistan, India, Nepal etc are not good news.
Those people are wicked. I don't accept any work from them no matter how simple their work appears to be. Immediately a client contacts me, I first check their location and country. If it is India, Pakistan, and Vietnam, bros, nah run I dey run
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ugojibaby: 8:49am On Jan 29, 2018
Danchibez:
I need a clue on how to start it, can one help me?

you can get a lot of clue from the source. kindly refer to http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ugojibaby: 8:51am On Jan 29, 2018
Imakeherdrip:
The problem with most Nigerians, is the "traditional stereotype" -- which is, to be educated and later hunt for a white collar job.
As long as this abounds, Nigerians will never adopt freelancing as a good job prospect.
Thanks for the thread though. I believe this would make NLs aware of the goodies associated with freelancing.

thanks for chipping in.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by mrphysics(m): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2018
Fingerprinter:
I understand that the OP is just trying to lure people in and sell them a product.
That said, freelancing is still a good way to earn money in Nigeria.
If you have a good skill, are smart, then you can earn a lot of money from freelancing.
You must also think outside the box too!
I wasn't expecting the bold from you sir. grin grin grin

Most of these people want you to set up their account for them, bring customers to them. Guy, any book that can get one started on fiverr is welcomed. Do you know how hard it is for people to come down and read fiverr threads from page 1 -10 free of charge?
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ugojibaby: 8:55am On Jan 29, 2018
afolwalex20:
The problem is building the right profile for jobs to flow in.
I took my time in creating a nice profile.. I design websites.. No matter how good I present myself for jobs, I just couldn't get it. It's kinda hard for newbies..

Do you have any insider's strategy you are using? All the top rated sellers you are seeing today were at a time newbie. You only need to update your knowledge. You can get more insights from the source of the article http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by KoolBigk(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2018
umaryusuf:
In Nigeria that people like SARS don't know the difference between a FREELANCER and YAHOO YAHOO.

If you ever say you work online, then nah Yahoo Yahoo you dey do....

Wrong!!! Google is your friend,ok. Being a freelancer doesn't mean all you gonna be doing should be online e.g freelancer auditor, reporter & the list goes on and on
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by chccho(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2018
great664:
A living proof.

I don't think I can work for anyone when foreigners appreciate little things you do for them while paying you instead of Nigeria where even Govt think thy are doing you a favor by paying salary..

I even have one client who pay me to just listen to webinar videos so I can learn what he want me to help him With....

Nigerians looking for 20 yrs experience and must not be more than 35 yrs with MSc and PHD as added advantage.
Show me the way o!!!
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ugojibaby: 8:58am On Jan 29, 2018
Thatnawtichick:
I hear about this everyday but I need someone to tell me what its about , how to start ,and what to do

You can get insights from the source of the article http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by Pavore9: 9:00am On Jan 29, 2018
africangirl000:

May i ask what skills and how you got the free training? If you don't mind that is.

Like how to "escavate" contact details of key personnel of firms, using hootsuite etc. From clients you have been working for, based on the quality work you have been doing for them and they ask you if you can do something outside your skills, if you say you have no skill in that direction some of them will give you access to where you will learn it online for free as they want you to learn and replicate the skill gathered for their own projects, which they still pay you fully regardless they help train you. Their mindset is quite different from ours as they see no wisdom in having different freelancers to do different tasks when one freelancer of high quality can achieve them when empowered.

3 Likes

Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by bchi(f): 9:11am On Jan 29, 2018
does freelance has data entry work??/ link me how to go about it. Or any data entry online job

1 Like

Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ugojibaby: 9:19am On Jan 29, 2018
Topmaike007:
what type of skill should I pocess before becoming a freelancer?cos I am liking this one

the skills are endless, they include those you may already have like translating English to your language or those that you can easily acquire like writing articles, graphic design, web design, blogger and wordpress solutions, data entry, social media account management, ebook cover design. etc. you can refer to the source of the article for more insights http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ugojibaby: 9:24am On Jan 29, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:

I thought I was the only one..the only thing I get are clues.. No tangible directive..
How do we start?

bro you can get directives from the source of the article http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ugojibaby: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2018
africangirl000:

Me too. I rly need this info

you can get directives from the source of the article http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2018
Pavore9:

Like how to "escavate" contact details of key personnel of firms, using hootsuite etc. From clients you have been working for, based on the quality work you have been doing for them and they ask you if you can do something outside your skills, if you say you have no skill in that direction some of them will give you access to where you will learn it online for free as they want you to learn and replicate the skill gathered for their own projects, which they still pay you fully regardless they help train you. Their mindset is quite different from ours as they see no wisdom in having different freelancers to do different tasks when one freelancer of high quality can achieve them when empowered.
Okay.Thank you.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by salesforce: 9:40am On Jan 29, 2018
Isn't that easy
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ManIzHot: 9:41am On Jan 29, 2018
Seems all these don't work in Nigeria, i signed up with iproo, all the gigs i was notifyed and bid for, non was gotten!
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by ManIzHot: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2018
nofij:
Freelancing has paid the bills for me.... I doubt I'll ever work for anyone.
i am glad to read a positive testimony from you, may i ask the secret behind you getting the jobs? For example i signed up on iproo, all gigs i bid for non i won
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by Doerstech(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2018
OP Succinctly captured it. everyone has a skill they can offer to the world.

Start today....

Start with what you have...

Start from where you are.......

Once you start add an online presence to it....it doesn't cost a the whole world to build a simply workable online presence for your business.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by dannypaul(m): 10:10am On Jan 29, 2018
nofij:
Freelancing has paid the bills for me.... I doubt I'll ever work for anyone.

what's ur skill?
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by Keywordconcept(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2018
africangirl000:

https://digitalcashout..com.ng/2017/11/making-money-with-fiverr-in-nigeria.html?m=1

Follow to read and learn how to start with Fiverr.... Very easy to understand.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by stagger: 10:15am On Jan 29, 2018
mrphysics:

I always tell people to avoid Indians. Immediately an Indian man contacts me for a job, I rejects it immediately. Indian and pakistans, I avoid them

Not always. I got a Pakistani who pays me 30 pounds/article for technical write-ups I do for his company. Is that bad or good?
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by Keywordconcept(m): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2018
Topmaike007:
what type of skill should I pocess before becoming a freelancer?cos I am liking this one

https://digitalcashout..com.ng/2017/11/making-money-with-fiverr-in-nigeria.html?m=1

Learn how to start on Fiverr without problem. Very easy to understand procedure.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by oteneaaron(m): 10:45am On Jan 29, 2018
africangirl000:

(I might be slightly biased) lipsrsealed

Starting out as a Freelancer isn't rocket science, first you need to have a skill. The question is, which skills are in high demand?

( according to the most Lucrative)

- Web Dev/ App dev

- Design ( graphics, animation, UI/UX)

- Writing and Translation

- Digital marketing....

According to recent studies, the Freelance design niche accounts for $83 million of the Global $1.5 trillion worth of the Freelancing Industry.

Sourcegig is a Freelancing Platform here in Nigeria that focuses on Freelance designers only. If you're a/an

- GRaphics designer

- animator

- UI expert

- 3D modelling pro, etc

They have got Freelance Jobs for Designers, ........

Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by Fingerprinter(m): 10:51am On Jan 29, 2018
stagger:

Not always. I got a Pakistani who pays me 30 pounds/article for technical write-ups I do for his company. Is that bad or good?

You are correct. I also got an Indian guy who has been paying me $10 per article. Since these articles are in my field, sometimes I don't even stress myself to write them. Next month, we are going to do ten of such articles.
I have worked with many Indians and they are not as bad as people portray them.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by mrphysics(m): 10:55am On Jan 29, 2018
stagger:

Sure, it's good. Just that majority of them have issues that I can't deal with. I have worked with an Indian for a gig of $70 with no issues. But trust me, they are perfectionists. I have stopped taking works from them.

If you work well with them, kindly continue bro.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by LegallyBlunt: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2018
I did a frelance job for a fellow nairalander and the person blocked me everywhere. No payment for a job well done.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by oteneaaron(m): 11:29am On Jan 29, 2018
LegallyBlunt:
I did a frelance job for a fellow nairalander and the person blocked me everywhere. No payment for a job well done.

Awful experience. If anyone wants to hire you virtually, it's safer to insist you get paid via a freelance platform that offers escrow services. Before the project begins your Client pays the money for the Job to the Platform, and once you're done, and deliver the finished product, you get your cash. Easy pizzy!!

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by tsadoemmanuel: 11:41am On Jan 29, 2018
I'm interested in the freelancing. Please can you send the details of how i can subscribe to me.
07034366800 or tsadoemmanuel90@gmail.com .......Ugo
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by afolwalex20(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
ugojibaby:

Do you have any insider's strategy you are using? All the top rated sellers you are seeing today were at a time newbie. You only need to update your knowledge. You can get more insights from the source of the article http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html

Your link isn't working.
How can i contact you?
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by nofij(m): 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
ManIzHot:
i am glad to read a positive testimony from you, may i ask the secret behind you getting the jobs? For example i signed up on iproo, all gigs i bid for non i won

It is hardly a secret. A great profile and consistency really helped me. I saw it a business before any other business and didn't give up when the start off was slow. I don't know much about iproo but what i do know is that it is possible to carve a niche for yourself despite the platform that interests you.

I have only one gig but i can say i have done better than many others with several gigs. That is not to say having more than a gig is a problem, but you should be an EXPERT in whatever service you plan to offer.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by nofij(m): 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
dannypaul:

what's ur skill?

Article writing on fiverr. People say the market is crowded but I do not think so. It is only crowded with people who are only interested in making quick money. There is no ponzi freelance platform. Article writing has paid me more than many people may believe.
Re: Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today by bedfordng(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN’s New FX Guidelines Hold Mixed Fortunes For Banks / How Much Can You Earn From Affiliate Marketing? / Convert Airtime To Cash with ipayairtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.