Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos (30257 Views)

CEO Blasts Security Guard For Sleeping On Duty (Photos) / How Much Is A Computer Science (c.s) Master Degree Holder Supposed To Earn / My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by ChangeIsCostant: 9:48am On Jan 27, 2018
A Nigerian man with a big heart, Jude Idada (pictured below) has narrated his encounter with a Masters degree holder who works as a security guard in Ikeja area of Lagos. After paying for his transport fare and buying him food, the good Samaritan, Jude, also gave the man some money to take care of himself.

The interesting part is that the good Samaritan also told his wealthy friend about the man he met on the bus and how he is struggling to take care of his family with two jobs. His friend transferred N250,000 to the man after speaking with him on the phone.

Read what the good Samaritan Jude shared on Facebook;

These things you can't see just by looking at a person.

In the bus from Sabo, Yaba to Obalende, the man sitting by me kept handling his pockets for the extra money the conductor was requesting for.

He had thought it was 100 naira and was surprised it was 200 naira.

I told him not to bother and paid it.

He was efusive with thanks and no sooner called a woman who was standing by the road with a tray of bread and butter.

100 naira bread.

She asked if he wanted some butter.

He answered in the negative.

I looked at him.

He was staring at the woman with such concentration as she packed up the bread.

He noticed my gaze and turned to me.

There was an apologetic smile on his face.

"Sorry bros, but I never eat since morning."

It was 7.45 p.m.

Already dark.

I smiled, turned to the woman and asked her to butter up the bread.

I called out to another hawker who was passing with a pack of cold drinks.

I turned to him and asked what he wanted.

He was looking at me dumbstruck.

The conductor pounded on the roof of the bus. A signal to the driver that it was time to move.

The driver engaged the gear and was about to move, it was as though the slight jerk of the boss awakened the man.

He hollered.

"Duro!"

The driver stopped.

"Kilon shele?"

"Mo fe ra onje."

"Shey kia!"

He turned to me.

"Coke."

I bought two bottles of coke and paid for the bread.

The bus hurtled away towards Obalende.

And he told me a tale of woe.

Masters degree holder but working as a security guard in Ikeja.

Resuming today as a security guard in VI for the night shift.

2 jobs.

A wife and a kid.

I listened.

We got to Obalende.

Gave him some more money.

Stopped him from kneeling down in the bus park in gratitude.

Exchanged numbers and bade him farewell.

From there I headed to the Japanese restaurant Shiro in VI for dinner with my very wealthy friend.

And I told him of my decision to travel Lagos by bus for a week and more to meet the 'real' Lagosians.

He was intrigued.

Then I told him of the man I had just met on my way from Yaba.

And he was moved.

So moved that he had me call him and he spoke with him.

After which he collected his bank details and right in my presence, he transferred 250k to the man.

My eyes are misty.

In this city there are demons and there are angels.

I am happy that my friend proved to be the latter.

And a life was touched.

Lagos.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/security-guard-masters-degree-gets-n250k-encounter-man-lagos.html

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Islie: 10:00am On Jan 27, 2018
kind heart

the help got to the man while he was doing something... favour and help doesn't locate a lazy person but those doing something

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by LordAA(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2018
Interesting.
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Partnerbiz(f): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
I just weak.

At times, its as if we wasted a lot of time going to school...

After ssce I was an English pundit, avid for more knowledge.

I could do anything.

It was as if varsity lobotomized and stymied me.

But it's well shaa...

SEE BELOW...

30 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by millionboi2: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
Don't mind buhari

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by zicoraads: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Jude! Jude! Jude! Where is Iamj boy, our online 'millionaire', that was busy insulting one other guy simply because he entered a bus or so undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by omonlaa: 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Baba God just picked up.
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Chidexter(m): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Please does anyone no where I can work as a guard?? . Even if na part time cry

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Bossontop(m): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
grin
Masters degree holder......security job
Chaiii buhari!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by deepwater(f): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
Them full Nairaland
People were never chop since last week, still supporting the politicians like say Na orheptal blood tonic.

Don't be surprised the guy might be a top ranking officer in the BMC

To the giver, God bless you. May your never lack.
Many thanks for putting a smile on our faces smiley

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by seguno2: 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
N250,000 is not the same as the 700,000 immediate jobs and 3,000,000 annual jobs promised since 2015 by Buhari and APC?
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019.

33 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by ajoyeleke(m): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
Wia re dey recruiting for d post?

Gotta dust did fvking c.v cheesy
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Nonnyflex(m): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
Must you tell us? .... But these professional beggers have made me turn deaf ears to them.. By the way what evidence do u have that he's either a masters degrees holder or a security guard? I don't even trust that u helped him or ur friend wired money cause people can do the unimaginable just to trend online..but honestly Nigerians have good heart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by mikegeo(m): 3:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by RoyalBlak007: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Partnerbiz:
I just weak.

I could do anything.

But it's well shaa...

SEE BELOW...

Baba dash me
5GB na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by goldenceo1: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Msc in Nigeria is over rated...

1 Like

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Formal education in Nigeria has failed us! Our institutions should be overhauled. We need practical focused institutions so we don't go looking for jobs after. Federal government pls have common sense.

13 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by offishialpablo: 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
God bless you man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by seguno2: 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
Islie:
kind heart

the help got to the man while he was doing something...
favour and help doesn't locate a lazy person but those doing something

Well said.
Remain blessed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
later one mumu will come and shout --Apply for Masters -- in my ear

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by ninocia18(m): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
even me as a full fledged man after reading this, cry dey hungry me. God sure knows how to remember people.

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
mikegeo:
Hmmmm

Same here.

Still wondering how N250k could be dashed out just like that without even seeing the person nor investigating undecided

I'm happy for the guy sha smiley

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by honey001(m): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Make me too just see someone to transfer like 5k for me too, I for happy eeeh!
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by kayceerilyn(f): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Jude Idada is a good guy...... His impact in people's life is something I'll like to imitate
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Timiblanko(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
Partnerbiz:
I just weak.

I could do anything.

But it's well shaa...

SEE BELOW...
Please sir how do I start this business. mb sales sir
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Dronedude(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
Im moved by this act of generosity.

Now this is a real good samaritan. Helped the guy without taking pictures and even sharing his story with a friend who probably didnt see his picture but called to transfer some cash.

I pray for this grace every morning to be able to move around the street helping people in dare need. God help me to be a blessing to others.

Omo, guys dey suffer for this country. Suffering is real, poverty is the worst sickness.

6 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by deepwater(f): 3:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
angelbulksms:

Same here.

Still wondering how N250k could be dashed out just like that without even seeing the person nor investigating undecided

I'm happy for the guy sha smiley

It is a good thing you have learnt to read and write.
Please also learn to understand what you read. It is very very important.

If this was an examination, you simply failed the comprehension passage!

There you go screaming the lecturer is a sadist, oooo he wants to sleep with me for grades, haaaa I bought his text books na, eeeeh that is how is use to do undecided

7 Likes

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by vicfy(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
A better way to pay your tithe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos by bjayx: 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
There r still good people... But very few

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers) / Physically-Disabled Man Sells Biscuits In A Wheelchair (Photos) / Protest Against Angela Uwakwem At FMC Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.