Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 PM

Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary (2994 Views)

BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin / Desperate Housewives Coming To Lagos / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by heryyy(m): 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2010
Please watch BBC iplayer, titled 'Welcome to Lagos' a documentary that reckons that 'its not that bad to live in the slums of Nigerias biggest city'. A case of nigerians suffering but smiling and our unrivalled ability to make the best of a bad situation. Forward this to others and be ready to send your comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s3bmx/Welcome_to_Lagos_Episode_1/
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by Gunnaz007: 12:21am On Apr 16, 2010
Dis oyibo dem harsh ooohh!!!! They just decided to expose 9ja's horrible sights!!! One's stomach must be empty to watch the program lest you find yourself throwing up! Cheeiii undecided What a life; what a world cry
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by Gunnaz007: 12:27am On Apr 16, 2010
Moderator please move dis thread to the homepage so that we can discuss our wowoness cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by Gunnaz007: 12:35am On Apr 16, 2010
Ehhyaaah!! In dis episode 1, Eric aka slender's story is quite pathetic; shows us how som of our hiphop artiste started up!!!
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by heryyy(m): 12:46am On Apr 16, 2010
I cant just stop laughing, never believe such life exist in the dump sites grin grin grin
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by joeycrack: 1:21am On Apr 16, 2010
It was quite inspiring, maybe too patronising but inspiring non the less.
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by Gunnaz007: 2:11am On Apr 16, 2010
heryyy:

I cant just stop laughing, never believe such life exist in the dump sites grin grin grin

Dey dia dey laff koh, make u dey oyibo lan dey enjoy shekpe ahn; You neva can tell, one of your third cousins might be running things therein!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by heryyy(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2010
Gunnaz007:

Dey dia dey laff koh, make u dey oyibo lan dey enjoy shekpe ahn; You neva can tell, one of your third cousins might be running things therein!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
tongue tongue tongue

Honestly i use to see the dump site in ojota but i never thought something like that really happens there,the whole documentary is very funny and emotional,especially the man with 2 kids and a wife,he has been left alone since he was 2 sad sad
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by r231(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2010
Vocal Slender is the next Man to be Supported and Promoted in the Music Industry. His vibes are too good to be ignored considering the fact that he comes from the Gheto and still smiling. We love you Vocal Slender! Tune to BBC2 tonight at 9pm for more on Vocal Slender.
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by r231(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2010
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by heryyy(m): 10:00am On Apr 16, 2010
wow i just typed his name on google and the guy news is everwhere, I am very happy for him, I think he will be here in UK for next month,his dream is begining to come true, Let the moderators bring this thread to the front page so people knows whats going onĀ  cool cool cool
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by candylips(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2010
wow i did a google search for vocal slender too and i found his name everywhere. cool

I love the documentary. I shed a tear or two for Joseph the guy with the 2 kids and a wife.

Brilliant Documentary !!
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by peachie(f): 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2010
cry I was touched more by the story of joseph and his family.

i shed a tear when he spoke about his neglect while growing up,

and having to live with 'aunties',and 'uncles'

But he clearly loves his family, and is doing the best he can in his circumstance.

I wonder if he's getting any help embarassed
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by candylips(m): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2010
help as in ? he is clearing helping himself by working in the rubbish dump
Re: Bbc 2 'welcome To Lagos' Documentary by oyibo27: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
could somebody please help me am livin in the netherlands and dont have bbc on tv, so i tried to watch it online, but evry site i go, they only tell me is not available in my arrea, can someone please tell me where i can watch this online would be very nice, my regards to everyone here, grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Quentin Tarantino And Robert Rodriguez, Who Is A Better Film Maker? / (picture/video) Omalingo The Goddess Of Fire(a Movie From A Nairalander) / What Is The Difference Between 3D And Animation Cartoon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.