Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:41 PM

Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans (2001 Views)

Bayelsa Medical Varsity Takes Off, Matriculates 208 Students In Nine Programmes / Some Of The Students Of Rochas Foundation Who Are Now ASP Visited Him (rochas) / Atiba University, Oyo Takes Off With 36 Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
Rochas Foundation College, Zaria, takes off with 200 orphans, less-privileged
By The Nigerian Expression on January 17, 2018
Zaria (Kaduna State), Jan. 16, 2018 (TNE)

Rochas Foundation College has commenced the 2017/2018 academic session in Zaria, Kaduna State, with 200 orphans and less-privileged students.

Reports say that the foundation will provide free secondary education to the successful orphans and less-privileged students who passed its entrance examination into JSS 1.

Speaking during the registration exercise held at the college premises on the Kaduna-Kano Expressway, Zaria, on Tuesday, the Principal, Hajiya Rabiat Ibrahim, said the foundation has been existing in many states for many years.

“But it is starting now in Kaduna, Bauchi, Sokoto and Adamawa States at the same time with ours here in Zaria.

“The foundation had established schools and such schools have being existing in Ibadan, Kano, Jos and other states for many years.

“Here in Zaria, we have admitted 200 students and so far, we have registered 152. We intend having no fewer than 500 next year by the grace of God,” she said.

On process adopted for the screening, the principal said there was an entrance examination after which successful candidates were later invited for interview in line with the prerequisite process for gaining admission into the college.

“The students will be educated free and they will also be given free one square meal, free books, uniform and sandals.

“I want to use this medium to appeal to parents to be patient, sincere and honest, because the school is only meant for orphans and less-privileged persons in the society.

“Let them understand that there is a sanction for students found not to be in either of these categories and the sanction is dropping the child out of school,” she said.

Also commenting, Mr Okpo Kenechukwu, the Desk Officer/Coordinator of the Foundation, said that over 4,000 students applied for admission but only 2,746 took the entrance examination.

“The successful candidates were invited for interview, out of this number, 846 passed but we needed only 200 to start the college, so, we screened and came up with the number.

“So, right now, we have more of orphans and single parents in the school and few from less privileged homes. A student must fall in any of these categories, before gaining admission.

“The foundation will give six years scholarship for secondary education and another four years scholarship for university education,” he explained.

On transportation of the children to school, Kenechukwu said the foundation will not cover that, but appealed to wealthy individuals, governments or NGOs to donate school buses to transport the students.

(TNE)

http://thenigerianexpression.com/2018/01/16/rochas-foundation-college-zaria-takes-off-with-200-orphans-less-privileged/

Cc Richiez, Fynestboi, the commander in chief of free quality education has done it again, Come look at what the cat dragged in!

1 Share

Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
Good one.....the greatest development in life is 'human development'

1 Like

Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by ndat(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2018
Northern elites come and see, Rochas Allah Will bless you in abudance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by Nltaliban(m): 11:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
H
Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by Marcelo290(m): 12:19am On Jan 28, 2018
This really got me emotional. The greatest thing my parents did for me was to give me sound education, I would live to appreciate that privilege. people who got it on a platter won't understand what others go through to acquire same.

Rochas, even though I dislike you as a politician, I love you as the philanthropist that you are in person, may posterity never forget you. I don't care if your motive is political, but you gave hope to the hapless, that's all that matters.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
Marcelo290:
This really got me emotional. The greatest thing my parents did for me was to give me sound education, I would live to appreciate that privilege. people who got it on a platter won't understand what others go through to acquire same.

Rochas, even though I dislike you as a politician, I love you as the philanthropist that you are in person, may posterity never forget you. I don't care if your motive is political, but you gave hope to the hapless, that's all that matters.

Irrespective of his imperfections, and resevervations some may have about his political inclinations and philosophy, one can't help but appreciate the fact that owelle remains an unparalleled inimitable epistemophilic magnanimous philanthropist.

I salute his unprecedented bigheartedness. Giving succour to thousands and still giving till this day.

Daddy owelle iwu daachi.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by christejames(m): 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
This is commendable! I hope others with the wherewithal will emulate.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
ndat:
Northern elites come and see, Rochas Allah Will bless you in abudance.

Already fathering an owelle-nation of close to 14,000 and still counting.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Foundation College Zaria Takes Off With 200 Orphans by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
christejames:
This is commendable! I hope others with the wherewithal will emulate.

It will also interest you to know that rochas was instrumental and pivotal to the completion of the National ecumenical center in Abuja, after it was abandoned for a number of years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Students Of Unilag I've Got A Question For You Guys / List Of Courses I'll Take Next Semester / Unizik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.