Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com (1560 Views)

How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) / How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos / Mini Importation: Did I Just Get Duped Or Am Still A Novice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com by sunky644(m): 6:34am On Apr 16, 2010
friends and partners, i need your contribution either based on your experience or what you have heard, i realy need to know if one can get duped transacting business on ebay, i mean like purchasing auto from one of the companies on the site. Thanks, waiting earnestly to hear your contributions. 1luv.
Re: Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com by Thelonius: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2010
I've bought a couple of items off ebay but none as big as a car. Like every market, it's a mix of both. Always read the user ratings, if there's a lot of unresolved negative comment then run. Don't be too gullible and greedy, don't expect to buy a car for £200 off ebay, it's probably scrap. I've had good experiences so far though. Best of luck.
Re: Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com by KunleA2(m): 11:45am On Apr 18, 2010
sunky644:

friends and partners, i need your contribution either based on your experience or what you have heard, i realy need to know if one can get duped transacting business on ebay, i mean like purchasing auto from one of the companies on the site. Thanks, waiting earnestly to hear your contributions. 1luv.

Although i have had a one bad experience on ebay before, i was duped $80. That was about 3yrs ago. The mistake i made then was that i sent money order. I should have paid with paypal. I have been with ebay for about 10yrs and that was my only bad experience.

I have bought lots of things from ebay. As for the car, i will like to remind you that buying a car either on ebay or elsewhere demands that you at least have the vehicle inspected before you buy.

Any used car bought online without inspection is a game of chance. Make sure the person you are dealing with has some feedback and has been a member for a while.

Always pay via PAYPAL.

Make sure its actual ebay site!!! i have had a look-alike site sent to me for a juicy offer. Go to the site yourself by typing in the address. As opposed to someone sending you a link.

Good luck
Re: Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com by sunky644(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2010
thanks guys i appreciate that alot, i ve a cousin in the US who will conduct every form of inspection and do the shipping, i am registered with them and i do go directly by typing the addy myself not following the link, i just want to start doing bizness on the site that s why i need people s opinion, i will appreciate more of it. PLS WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO PAY THROUGH PAYPAL?
Re: Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com by lite5(m): 11:48pm On Apr 18, 2010
Pay thru paypal otherwise, you are taking a big risk, open an account with paypal
Re: Do People Get Duped On Www.ebay.com by Thelonius: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2010
Paypal is an intermediary between your bank and the party receiving payment, that way the party doesn't deal directly with your bank nor are your CC or debit card details exposed to them. That makes it safer.

(1) (Reply)

Bringing In A Container From Atlanta To Lagos / I Need Advise From Nigerian Exporters / Guide To Export Of Agro-products & Solid Minerals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.