Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full (1816 Views)

What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) / Someone Spotted Driving Around With Fuel Nozzle & Hose Still Attached To His Car / Rezvani Tank Is An Extreme Utility Vehicle Which Features Muscular Body Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by Tammynator(m): 11:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
I use a 2006 Toyota Highlander and recently, I've noticed that whenever I go to the filling station to top fuel, the fuel station nozzle keeps stopping after every few seconds as if my tank is full but, it isn't. In fact, on one occasion, it was almost empty yet, it keeps stopping. I would like to know what the problem(s) is(are) and most importantly, getting the solution.
Please house, help a brother out.
Gazzuz
Lalasticlacla
Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by mayor2013: 12:00am On Jan 28, 2018
Have the check valve at your fuel tank checked. It is stuck closed.do you also have your "check" sign on. You should have an "evaporative emission system malfunction" when you run a scan

Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:23am On Jan 28, 2018
Tammynator:
I use a 2006 Toyota Highlander and recently, I've noticed that whenever I go to the filling station to top fuel, the fuel station nozzle keeps stopping after every few seconds as if my tank is full but, it isn't. In fact, on one occasion, it was almost empty yet, it keeps stopping. I would like to know what the problem(s) is(are) and most importantly, getting the solution.
Please house, help a brother out.
Gazzuz
Lalasticlacla

when you pour a liquid into a confined space, air is displaced.

Your mechanic blocked a certain pipe the last time he brought down the tank
Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by Tammynator(m): 7:27am On Jan 28, 2018
I'm suspecting a blocked flow too but, I've never brought down the tank and its been working fine until my last 4 fills or so! Could it be that bad fuel has blocked something somewhere?
Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by Tammynator(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2018
mayor2013:
Have the check valve at your fuel tank checked. It is stuck closed.do you also have your "check" sign on. You should have an "evaporative emission system malfunction" when you run a scan

Yes you are correct, the 'check engine' light is illuminated on my instrument dash. I'll have it checked by a good mech tech!
Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by autologic: 7:36am On Jan 28, 2018
Tammynator:
I'm suspecting a blocked flow too but, I've never brought down the tank and its been working fine until my last 4 fills or so! Could it be that bad fuel has blocked something somewhere?
Blocked evap Vent issue .Fuel vapour route passage is blocked due to stuck close vent valve .The vent valve is a normally open solenoid and the computer only close it when it want to run evap test.
Your faulty valve is depicted red in the diagram below.
Diagnosis:
Tell your mechanic to disconnect the pipe marked yellow and try to refill the tank again at gas station to confirm that the issue doesn't persist .
just go ahead to change the faulty valve if this is confirmed to be be so.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by Dennis3D(m): 2:27am On Aug 20, 2018
You have just one post on Nairaland since this year and you have the guts to come to my profile to talk any how son...

Watch your words on social media son... Be careful how you relate with people...
Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by Tammynator(m): 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
Dennis3D:
You have just one post on Nairaland since this year and you have the guts to come to my profile to talk any how son...

Watch your words on social media son... Be careful how you relate with people...
Just seeing this. Oboy oboy. Could you please direct me to where I talked down on you? Maybe, we can start from there all over again. Hope you are good though.
Re: HELP!!! Fuel Nozzle Stops Before My Fuel Tank Is Full by homeboy205: 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
Tammynator:

Just seeing this. Oboy oboy. Could you please direct me to where I talked down on you? Maybe, we can start from there all over again. Hope you are good though.

Since 2018 boss I beg let it go

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My P307 Is Giving Me Trouble ! / Who Can Help Piimp My Ride? / How Much Fuel Does Your Car REALLY Guzzle? Mercedes Tops League Of Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.