Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (65594 Views)

Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 28, 2018
dontbothermuch:
smiley

I am not against any man of God, i truly love the work they do.

Cuz i still wonder what if there weren't any church, It would have been hell living in Nigeria.

Africans in their default state are diabolic.

But the issue of pastors extravagant lifestyle is where i don't agree.

The image below is a chariot that belonged to a prominent man during Jesus reign. But then Jesus never acquired one even if he could, but now i can't say the same for our modern Pastors.

What baffles me is this, Daddy Freeze who is a Christian & also a true believer comes & point out some doings of pastors that isn't according to the teachings & lifestyle of Christ or his disciples. He never abused any of them, only corrected or needed correction from them. But all they do now is call him jealousy, woman beater & all sort of names. I never took Daddy Freeze serious until i saw how uneasy the pastors became.

NB: Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Thanks & Happy Sunday all.
""Africans in their default state are diabolic""
The white man so much made a mess of ur brain to the extent that u have completely lost ur ability to reason.

It's really pity.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 28, 2018
Mrjo:
ABEG CONTROL UR JEALOUSY

Control your stupidity, It can be transferred from parent's to offspring.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 28, 2018
12submarine:

Control your jealousy.
Take Care of ur brain so that ur children would have something to inherit.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Softhands(m): 8:48am On Jan 28, 2018
Control ya Jealousy
dontbothermuch:
smiley

Cuz i still wonder what if there weren't any church, It would have been hell living in Nigeria.

The image below is a chariot that belonged to a prominent man during Jesus reign. But then Jesus never acquired one even if he could, but now i can't say the same for our modern Pastors.

What baffles me is this, Daddy Freeze who is a Christian & also a true believer comes & point out some doings of pastors that isn't according to the teachings & lifestyle of Christ or his disciples. He never abused any of them, only corrected or needed correction from them. But all they do now is call him jealousy, woman beater & all sort of names. I never took Daddy Freeze serious until i saw how uneasy the pastors became.

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Softhands(m): 8:50am On Jan 28, 2018
Control ya jealousy
uboma:
See the clergyman exhibiting arrogance.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 8:54am On Jan 28, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Apostles of Jesus were called Christians which means Christ-like or like Christ by people after seeing their attitudes and utterances. I am yet to see that same Christ-like attitude in any of these guys except the little in TB Joshua.
I thought The Lord made a statement like 'greater works' in the Bible. Why dont you read the Word of God before criticising Men of God......and try to control your jealousy.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by excel101(m): 8:55am On Jan 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

So the Church it was referring to was Pastor Oyedepo and other uber rich pastors? Aren't you among the Church? Have you touched 100million legitimately? Why don't the riches come to Church members who give but go to the pastors who receive?That shows you there's nothing blessed about their wealth.
Its the one that gives in the church that receives. Yours likes rarely receives cos you don't give.

Giving is not for you cos you don't have to give.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by wirinet(m): 8:56am On Jan 28, 2018
12submarine:

Control your jealousy.

You control your sheepleness. Oyedepo got rich on the back of people's donations. It is the same thing as politicians getting rich on the backs of people's taxes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by uboma(m): 8:56am On Jan 28, 2018
Softhands:
Control ya jealousy

lol.

You have been noticed as a fan of the clergyman.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 8:57am On Jan 28, 2018
mickeyenglish:
Hmm. Back in the days of our senior Secondary School when we learnt about the Apostles and Martyrdom .The Apostles were executed in excruciating and bizzare manners.I think only St John died a natural death. Those were the real Men Of God,who through sorrow, tears and, blood, brought the people to Christ at the expense of their lives WITHOUT OWNING ANYTHING.

They were selfless in their services to humanity which often cost them alot of fatalities. They spread to unknown lands and territories to preach the gospel of Christ to people with well established religion and gods. They often knew that their evangelism to these strange heathens might cost them their lives, still they did what needed to be done WITHOUT EXPECTING ANY FAVOUR IN RETURN FROM NEITHER GOD NOR MAN.At the end,majority of them, if not all, paid the ultimate price of death just for the word of Christ to reach far and wide.

Do you think it was easy for people to journey from Judea in Israel to places such Antioch in Turkey, Corinth and Thesalloniki all in Greece, or Rome in Italy Without getting money from any Tom, sick, or Harry?. I mean these Men of God had no money to execute all these but had to do the work of Christ by all means which they did. They were often fed by the hostile-turned-gentle inhabitants they met in their various lands of assignments.

These above qualities can only be found in the early Christian missionaries who journeyed out of their comfort zone, to hostile places such as the entire African continent including Nigeria ,North and Central America including the Caribbeans,Asia,and Australia.Many of these missionaries of whom died knew their final fate but still went on to spread the word of Christ without expectation of MONETARY REWARDS FROM EITHER MAN OR GOD.Their duty was simply to liberate the people and to walk them along the path of righteousness, when this is done, they simply went away to their next place of assignments without establishing their own personal churches,that's why they are called "missionaries";People with specific missions.Some of these missionaries came with their personal money to help out with evangelical works and they reaped nothing monetary or otherwise. That's why today, the Christian Pope has no personal belonging,no wife, no children, no real estate properties, no billions in bank, and no treasures in vaults because he Is on a MISSION!

If any Nigerian Pentecostal gods of men possess any of these afore mentioned characteristics of the first generation Apostles,missionaries or, Pope, call me a bastard.If anybody could accurately pinpoint a part in the Bible where the early Xtian Apostles had anything close to a luxurious life, called me a bastard.If the early matyrs ever wore anything exotic in their entire lives, call me out and tutor me. If our Savior Jesus Christ himself amassed wealth and collected tithes from his followers, call me an animal.

Christ merely rode a borrowed donkey into Jerusalem and not even a Horse .That itself is a moral lesson that though he is greatest and mighty, simplicity is virtuous for wealth itself is merely an illusion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus told a very wealthy man that for him to become a follower ,he had to first let go of his entire wealth first.

The late missionaries who gave of liberation would be rolling in their graves now to see what xtianity has turned out to be in Nigeria. Churches against Churches and followers calling followers of another church denomination fetish. Pastors and Prophets sizing themselves up in terms of wealth and accessories. The more private jets you have, they more holy and Christ-like you are. If you are found with no accessories and wealth, then people would term you an unbeliever not befitting the title "Man Of God" ,and we expect Nigeria to move from where it is to utopia.

Look! Let be frank, religion would be our own ruin in this country if don't Checkmate it now. Look at the countries of the missionaries who liberated us all in Europe, they are all Heaven on Earth, where our own men of gods go to lavish their wealth and you won't hear any such nonsense as pastors buying private jets over there. You won't even know they they have Christians and churches over there because their concept of religion is so advanced and unique.They worked for God and their Nations were blessed through them, but over here, our own Pastors work for themselves, and Nigerians become more impoverished.

Post No Bill
Appeal to pity
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 28, 2018
ettybaba:
True talk.
May God continue to bless the Bishop.
It is instructive to know that the Bishop, Daddy Adeboye and so many men of God that are wealthy today started poor.

They started poor because they were unemployed.
They made every dime they own today from the church, by using scare tactics to extract money from gullibles. Funny enough Jesus was never wealthy, he owned no horse or chariot, he owned no house...... Paul, Matthew, Jude, Etc weren't wealthy as well. One thing Jesus kept doing in his lifetime was always feeding the poor n feeding the people that come to see him for miracle n teachings, h always asked his disciples what food or drink was available so that everyone will eat. Jesus was 100% humble n what do we have as pastor's today Useless men telling church members not to be jealous of their private jets (jets those same members contributed money to buy.

Living a Christ like life entails following the foot steps of Christ and this is something no man of God does in Nigeria. All they care bout is flashy cars, private jets, expensive houses, expensive suits, etc. They just keep asking for money every day. They keep asking for tithe, free will offering, Seed sowing, dangerous seed sowing, alter vs alter, they even collect money to open covenants between their church member and God.

Anyway stupidity will abound in Nigeria because over 90% of Nigerians are uneducated. That's why the average Nigerian lacks the ability to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by deebrownneymar: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2018
It doesn't justify the reason churches have to keep requesting for money from church members using the name of God as a means to exploit them. Jesus never went about trying to coerce people to part with their hard earned cash same with many of his disciples too. Some of them, even Apostle Paul, worked for their daily bread. So I wonder why parting with money has been giving so much emphasis and now being made to look as the most important doctrine in Christianity. Pastors must repent and stop this trend before it distorts Christianity in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Lipscomb(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2018
To his congregation of course we can count the number of men's and women's in their 70,50,68 age that don't have rim and bishop have jet.
Justdare:

Accountable to who? You?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2018
dontbothermuch:
smiley

how are you sure he is a true christian, are you God? Do you search hearts?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2018
Emaytex:
who dey jealous u oyedepo?
check out dt will b another watchword fr his gullible follower's control ur jealousy'
Read ur Bible unah no go gree.
this gods of man go dey feel like say dem holy, close to God and sabi Bible pass unah.
whereas they way God dey luk us we even beta pass dem.imagin how u go feel if last day God tell dem say dat paparazzi wey unah bin dey fr earth no folo?
folks read ur Bible! read ur Bible!! read ur Bible!!!
make ur eyez open. this religious leaders are criminal.
shalom
have you read your Bible today?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by gfelo(m): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2018
we do not follow them, we follow d world of God, bible say judge not so dat u wont b judge, everybody wil acount 4his deeds at d end. let it nt b that they were nt told, let dem continue their luxery life and their follower die in penury, like the parable of the rich man, so their end shal come.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by ettybaba(m): 9:08am On Jan 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

They started poor because they were unemployed.
They made every dime they own today from the church, by using scare tactics to extract money from gullibles. Funny enough Jesus was never wealthy, he owned no horse or chariot, he owned no house...... Paul, Matthew, Jude, Etc weren't wealthy as well. One thing Jesus kept doing in his lifetime was always feeding the poor n feeding the people that come to see him for miracle n teachings, h always asked his disciples what food or drink was available so that everyone will eat. Jesus was 100% humble n what do we have as pastor's today Useless men telling church members not to be jealous of their private jets (jets those same members contributed money to buy.

Living a Christ like life entails following the foot steps of Christ and this is something no man of God does in Nigeria. All they care bout is flashy cars, private jets, expensive houses, expensive suits, etc. They just keep asking for money every day. They keep asking for tithe, free will offering, Seed sowing, dangerous seed sowing, alter vs alter, they even collect money to open covenants between their church member and God.

Anyway stupidity will abound in Nigeria because over 90% of Nigerians are uneducated. That's why the average Nigerian lacks the ability to ask questions.
Read the book of 2 Corinthians 8:9For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2co.8.9.KJV
I am rich.
I choose wealth over poverty.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by focus1256: 9:08am On Jan 28, 2018
Haaaaa.....see five pages of comments on top of somebody's issue. Buhari has really caused trauma in the lives of youths-joblessness effect
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 28, 2018
excel101:
Its the one that gives in the church that receives. Yours likes rarely receives cos you don't give.

Giving is not for you cos you don't have to give.
Bill gates, Dangote, Jack Ma, Zuckerberg etc aren't ur church members, they don't pay tithe n they don't give anything to ur God and yet they are 1000 times richer than all ur past present n future church members.

""Yours likes rarely receives cos you don't give"

The above means that u have lost the ability to reason independently.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by gnykelly(m): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Apostles of Jesus were called Christians which means Christ-like or like Christ by people after seeing their attitudes and utterances. I am yet to see that same Christ-like attitude in any of these guys except the little in TB Joshua.

I'm a muslim. I can attest to that if TB Joshua. that guy is an exception.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2018
BushWickBill:

As in.

I Cor 15:19: If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

See how the gullible are calling it the grace of God.
It is a huge pity. Honestly I don't know how a leader of the body of Christ is boasting with material things.
they are boasting of what God has done for them. God gives His children material things, get used to that. Are you telling God to do His things in moderation?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2018
ettybaba:

Read the book of 2 Corinthians 8:9For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.l
2 Corinthians 8:9 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2co.8.9.KJV
I am rich.
I choose wealth over poverty.

U don't choose wealth over poverty, What u worked for is what u will receive.

This ur bible quote has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by dontbothermuch: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""Africans in their default state are diabolic""
The white man so much made a mess of ur brain to the extent that u have completely lost ur ability to reason.

It's really pity.

My brother, if i have completely lost my ability to reason, then i must have written something that made no sense which would make you in turn, unable to understand. But for you to understand what i have written clearly & quoted me based on what i have written, then i must say my ability to reason is intact.

Back to the matter.
African & diabolism.

The answer you will find from your village people one day.
Mark my words.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by KENZINCO(m): 9:12am On Jan 28, 2018
happy200:
It's either you are a fake pastor or someone related to you. 0r your survival depend on this rot/mess in penticostal churches, or you are a big time SHEEPLE hence u can't help than defend what you know is wrong cos that'z probably your means of survival.

Have u seen urself? You mentioned Jesus Example and I gave u a perfect example, see what you have resulted to. It shows you don't even know what you want.
I won't drag this with you, I'll just leave you to keep blossoming in ur knowledge (good or the other way) after all You are a Nigerian who resides in Nigeria, so I understand ur frustration , but u should do urself some good by channelling ur frustration to the right place (Ur govt)
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by BushWickBill: 9:13am On Jan 28, 2018
Saintmary:

they are boasting of what God has done for them. God gives His children material things, get used to that. Are you telling God to do His things in moderation?
Really?

No further comments necessary. You don't even have any grasp of what you're saying so no need to debate with you.

If boasting about private jets equates to what God has done for you, then I wonder what atheists like bill gates would say.

Have a nice day
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 28, 2018
Saintmary:

God didn't give oyedepo a dime. He made his money thru scare tactics, he is living on peoples donations.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 9:14am On Jan 28, 2018
justice2100:
Am not oppose to a preacher accumulating so much wealth. But it's the arrogance, extravagance, provocative life-styles of (some of them) that gives me pulse.
control your pulse
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by mywells: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2018
He's not a righteous Christian,if the trumpet sound today he cannot be counted worthy.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2018
dontbothermuch:

My brother, if i am unable to reason, then i must have written something that made no sense which would make you in turn unable to understand. But for you to understand what i have written clearly & quoted me based on what i have written, then i must say my ability to reason is intact.

Back to the matter.
African & diabolism.

Mark my words.

Wen a mad man types in English language, people will still understand what he wrote, he's only suffering from madness and not illiteracy.

""African & diabolism.

Mark my words""

I am already in my village and we aren't diabolic. Maybe u guys in ur own village kill ur selves, Use ur children for human sacrifice, eat human beings n kill twins and throw their body into the evil forest, I can't argue that wit u since its ur village. In my own village we do not do such, We know God and we worship him in ways we understand.

Speak for ur village alone.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Saintmary(f): 9:17am On Jan 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

God didn't give oyedepo a dime. He made his money thru scare tactics, he is living on peoples donations.
you seem to be God's treasurer!!! You seem to know what He gave out and what He didn't
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by 12submarine(m): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2018
mywells:
He's not a righteous Christian,if the trumpet sound today he cannot be counted worthy.
Are you the special assistant to the most high on righteousness?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by ettybaba(m): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U don't choose wealth over poverty, What u worked for is what u will receive.

This ur bible quote has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
You said Jesus was poor and I made it clear to you with a Bible reference that he was poor so he might be rich.
A lot of people are working hard yet they are not rich.
Be wise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Sam Zuga "Removes Black Object From A Lady's Private Part" (Photos) / Abrahamic Family House In Abu Dhabi To Open In 2022(Pics) / Pastor Chris 'Heals' Nine People On Stretchers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.