Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" (65585 Views)

Ever Led A Song In Church And You Went Blank? / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 12:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
dingbang:
after all most of your presidents were inmates of kirikiri cheesy

My Guy, I give up, you get mouth jorr
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by landlord1987(m): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
princechurchill:
Apostle Paul: I count everything i gain as nothing just for the excellency of his kingdom.

Jesus: had to borrow a donkey for his triumphant entry onto Jerusalem

Nigerian pastors moves around with more security aides than the elected officials..
Then hire your own.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Missnande(f): 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
princechurchill:
Apostle Paul: I count everything i gain as nothing just for the excellency of his kingdom.

Nigerian pastors moves around with more security aides than the elected officials..

1. Paul said I count everything I gain..... He gained something.

2. Jesus wasn't poor. When he died soldiers casted lots on His garments cos it was seamless jn 19:23. He told his disciples 'if anyone ask you about the donkey, tell them THE MASTER has need of it. That's not the tone of a borrower.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
mvem:
...its a contrast to what the early christains and there leaders were known for...wealth was frowned upon but now everything has changed. I think some people issues is why our double standard?...we don't see many good in the very wealthy but if it is a pastor, automatically the person is a saint and you doubting his ways, you are automatically seen as a bad person. I think healthy debates and criticism are good for certain things to be checkmated...you are religious leader doesn't mean free ticket to heaven, Right?....and its an irony too that Nigeria is one of the if not the most religious country in the world, having the most prominent pastors. But the life of the citizens don't reflect that, so what's the need. Years ago men of God were heard because of there solemn and pious activities and they stay away from wealth to be dedicated to what they do but now it seems the so called "world" has carried everyone along....never mind sef, who are my compared to someone that communicates directly to God...just voicing my opinion.

So you enjoy those days when God's Children were called church rat abi? Everyone gat their own way of relationship with God. You pick on any little things men of God say. I once criticized them before just like you. I will advice that you get a proper understanding of someone especially when he is anointed before u criticize. If truely you are a christian, u better mind what you say against a Prophet. It goes with generational concequencies. Note that most of these pastors are not my pastors. If you see a ppastor going astray, what u need do is to pray for their repentance. Who are you to criticize? Thank u
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by landlord1987(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
Emaytex:
who dey jealous u oyedepo?
check out dt will b another watchword fr his gullible follower's control ur jealousy'
Read ur Bible unah no go gree.
this gods of man go dey feel like say dem holy, close to God and sabi Bible pass unah.
whereas they way God dey luk us we even beta pass dem.imagin how u go feel if last day God tell dem say dat paparazzi wey unah bin dey fr earth no folo?
folks read ur Bible! read ur Bible!! read ur Bible!!!
make ur eyez open. this religious leaders are criminal.
shalom
How much is your monthly tithe and offering? Because some of us need to know if your money is involved in their jets and lifestyles because someone like you may just be seeking attention. Why is it that you didn't mention the fact that the Church is massively involved in solving humanitarian problems of which I am sure your money is not included. # stopthehateonthechurch
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
mvem:
...its a contrast to what the early christains and there leaders were known for...wealth was frowned upon but now everything has changed. I think some people issues is why our double standard?...we don't see many good in the very wealthy but if it is a pastor, automatically the person is a saint and you doubting his ways, you are automatically seen as a bad person. I think healthy debates and criticism are good for certain things to be checkmated...you are religious leader doesn't mean free ticket to heaven, Right?....and its an irony too that Nigeria is one of the if not the most religious country in the world, having the most prominent pastors. But the life of the citizens don't reflect that, so what's the need. Years ago men of God were heard because of there solemn and pious activities and they stay away from wealth to be dedicated to what they do but now it seems the so called "world" has carried everyone along....never mind sef, who are my compared to someone that communicates directly to God...just voicing my opinion.

So you enjoy those days when God's Children were called church rat abi? For instance Apostle Johnson Suleman is planning to host a crusade in Saudi Arabia and some dreaded Islamic countries, Tell me, will he use piece of paper to organize the crusade? I dont know why everyone seems to be angry when a pastor is rich. Everyone gat their own way of relationship with God. You pick on any little things men of God say. I once criticized them before just like you. I will advice that you get a proper understanding of someone especially when he is anointed before u criticize. If truely you are a christian, u better mind what you say against a Prophet. It goes with generational concequencies. Note that most of these pastors are not my pastors. If you see a ppastor going astray, what u need do is to pray for their repentance. Who are you to criticize? Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by omoelerin1: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
johnnyvid:
i respect the grace of God on bishop oyedepo. definitely bishop has been flying private jet since the second republic.
What about Bill Gate, don't you respect the grace of God on him?

'Since second republic'. And so fucking what? If he like it should be since independence.
Some people have been flying jet before oyedepo was born nah. Who knows what will happen in the next 50years, Perhaps, another means of transportation would be invented that would be far better and more beautiful than jet. And some people are going to cruise it.

I don't understand why some Christians will be using the level of wealth and riches to the determine how highly someone is favoured in the sight of God.

No matter how rich you are, it doesn't threaten the kingdom of Satan. After all, he is the controller of wealth.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
princechurchill:

Even if the pastors ride on donkeys and not cars, would you believe the gospel? You guys are full of criticism.
Go and build your own church and get rich too.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by saintmark88(m): 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
[b][/b]
Saintmary:

Appeal to pity

God is warning u all jet flying, opulence living leaders, who live in riches and watch ur followers wallow in poverty. It is was that Nigeria will soon surpass India as country with the highest rate of poverty and someone is claiming he has been riding private jet to d very poor pple he is presiding over. Insult!!!!..............

God is warning u all supporters of evil, for u will suffer the same fate as these god of men....be careful
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by lloyds(m): 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
If Oyedepo, Adeboye and the likes where as poor as those prophets of old, the Gospel would not have spread massively as we have it now.

Apostle Paul had a peculiar ministry, every servant of God have different mandates and dimension of call.

Stop criticizing them, leave them to God.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
martyns303:

and got rich with church money.

And is the church complaining?

Or You think Millions of Christians under his ministry are foools? or Charmed.

80% of his members are Educated among are Professors, Doctors, Lawyers , Students, Engineers , Politicians etc.

You think they are stupid?

What you don't is what you don't know.

Oyedepo and many others were not made by the thithes and church offerings of members. They were made by the grace of God upon their lives through Prophet offerings which is different from the church offering. And it runs into millions of dollars not even Naira because his church is in almost every countries of the world.

And mind you Prophet offering is not made compulsory. Ask any Winners member.

Prophet offering is a free will gift you give your pastor.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by dingbang(m): 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

My Guy, I give up, you get mouth jorr
grin grin grin grin grin grin
hehehhe... Don't try me.. Knowledge is power.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
landlord1987:

How much is your monthly tithe and offering? Because some of us need to know if your money is involved in their jets and lifestyles because someone like you may just be seeking attention. Why is it that you didn't mention the fact that the Church is massively involved in solving humanitarian problems of which I am sure your money is not included. # stopthehateonthechurch
lol...don't mind them, let them be talking ignorantly. Someone who flies all over the world to minister, I guess they feel he should make local airlines richer by flying commercial instead
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

But it's funny how the institutions owned by these man are way more expensive that those owned by ordinary people.

I attended a private school that didn't pay anything near Faith Academy, but never in any competition did that school give us headache. We beat them home and away. And we had better WAEC results than them. So don't gimme that nonsense about standard of education. The man is a thief. QED.
faith academy is a highly respected secondary school, it cannot be compared to various private secondary schools in terms of academics, follow ups, security, Food, amenities, hostels, teachers etc etc....so if you want quality for your kids, you pay quality to get it. shikena.I don't know what school you went to but it definitely can never be up to par with faith academy environment if you didn't pay as much (mind you, I attended secondary school like almost two decades ago, so I am definitely not a product of faith academy) While it is a faith based school, it is also a business venture. If I could, I will take my kids there as boarders and will definitely sleep well at night
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Obascoetubi: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Mr, Oyedepo has three of them three and he is so proud to even talk about. TB Joshua at least have done lots of charitable works with his wealth and is much more humble than most of them besides I said little Christ-like attitude.
being humble doesn't mean u're perfect, total price of Tb joshua's private jet is equal to oyedepo's two jet,,,,, but who told u that Tb joshua has only one jet?
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by focus1256: 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
lloyds:
If Oyedepo, Adeboye and the likes where as poor as those prophets of old, the Gospel would not have spread massively as we have it now.

Apostle Paul had a peculiar ministry, every servant of God have different mandates and dimension of call.

Stop criticizing them, leave them to God.
Good
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by focus1256: 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
tamethem:

And is the church complaining?

Or You think Millions of Christians under his ministry are foools? or Charmed.

80% of his members are Educated among are Professors, Doctors, Lawyers , Students, Engineers , Politicians etc.

You think they are stupid?

What you don't is what you don't know.

Oyedepo and many others were not made by the thithes and church offerings of members. They were made by the grace of God upon their lives through Prophet offerings which is different from the church offering. And it runs into millions of dollars not even Naira because his church is in almost every countries of the world.

And mind you Prophet offering is not made compulsory. Ask any Winners member.

Prophet offering is a free will gift you give your pastor.

let them know
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Emmyxto:
Control your jealousy! Church isn't your father's money.
Church isn't money, Rather it is a building that serves as an outlet where poor, unemployed men who have lost their jobs or failed in their businesses use scare tactics to steal money from the gullibles who have no ability to make use of their heads n brains.

Jesus didn't go to church, Always remember this.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by omoelerin1: 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
kingsleefolli:

Go and check then horse is meant for the rich.yyy can't he treck to Jerusalem.they are fighting over is dirty cloth at the time of crucification. So this life abeg spend it.enjoy it or die poor.
Horse was common then. Almost every individual could afford one. It was not meant for the rich alone.
Go to northern Nigeria today, you will see how it was so common among them including the poor.
It is as wrong as you are saying only the rich can have cassava or tomato farm. The only difference may be the size of the farm of the rich and the poor. That was the situation during that period too.

Jesus could trek to Jerusalem, it cost him nothing. He had been trekking to other places even outside Judea, including Samaria. Those who were following him that day were actually trekking.

For Jesus to ride on a donkey to Jerusalem that day was to demonstrate something to the people. It has spiritual connotations. After all, that particular day was not his first time of going to Jerusalem or entering the temple. He had been seeing those people selling turtles and dove in the temple, those money changers had been there for long.
Until when he rode on a donkey as a king to the temple that he had the power to drive those people out without any one challenging his authority.

Jesus must be made a king in fulfilment of the scripture in psalm 118:26. Everybody must surrender to him. this was what people were doing when they were laying their clothes on the road for Jesus donkey to walk on them.

Are you saying his cloth was so expensive that they were fighting over it?.
I pity this generation of Christian.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by VolvoS60(m): 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

And bought how many boats with it?

^^^

grin

This country na war grin
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by happy200(m): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
KENZINCO:

What is ur point?
The pastors failed to provide you with good roads?

They've failed yi provide job for you?

They are the reason why you can't afford 3 square meal per day?
They are the reason why u haven't gotten a car or house if your own?

Are they the ones pointing gun to you head so that you won't stop paying tithe and offering thereby stopping u from being as rich as Bill Gate and Dangote who are clearly not paying tithe?

Are they the one stopping you personally from using ur brain and seeing the potential in urself and maximizing them?

Please what is your point gan gan?
My point is it's fraudlent to take money from the poor using the name of Jesus, promising them reward in heaven while them and their children live comfortably on earth that's fraudlent u know. If offering alone is not enough for them they should quit, don't consider fraud as a means of survival cap it up using God's name.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by josite: 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jeremiah 9.23

" 23Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; 24but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.…
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by happy200(m): 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
KENZINCO:

Did they render you poor? Who in you relatives have they render poor. Just so u know, I was born in Nigeria .
I am A Nigerian , so wetin u wan tell me?
Gullible Nigerian u say, so for ur mind now, you are not gullible? Prove to me you are not
You wouldn't be asking this question if u cared for Nigeria and Nigerians. Are you telling me you dont see people who cant get help from these same people when they are in need. (they would rather pray for u in sick bed than pay ur hospital bill)
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by pstjoga: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
greatgod2012:
See what supposed men of God are using to boast!!!

Smh.......

I am sure that it is only men of the devil than has right to boast of their wealth. Don't go and sit down and draft a vision for your future.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by pstjoga: 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
saintmark88:
[b][/b]

God is warning u all jet flying, opulence living leaders, who live in riches and watch ur followers wallow in poverty. It is was that Nigeria will soon surpass India as country with the highest rate of poverty and someone is claiming he has been riding private jet to d very poor pple he is presiding over. Insult!!!!..............

God is warning u all supporters of evil, for u will suffer the same fate as these god of men....be careful
Why didn't you advice your president to use keke napep for the AU meeting because there are poor people in Nigeria. Who in your own little way have you forfeited your pleasure for. You come on social media to spread hate and jealousy. Abeg, I dey sleep Zzzzzzzz....

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Duru009(m): 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
My papa in the Lord !
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Kay25(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thank you papa for that word cos me too is joining the league of those flying private jet in ministry very soon.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Kay25(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
josite:

Jeremiah 9.23

" 23Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; 24but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.…
Shioor he is boasting in d lord who made him rich afterall na God tell am to buy jet
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by HeyCorleone(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Treasuredlove:
faith academy is a highly respected secondary school, it cannot be compared to various private secondary schools in terms of academics, follow ups, security, Food, amenities, hostels, teachers etc etc....so if you want quality for your kids, you pay quality to get it. shikena.I don't know what school you went to but it definitely can never be up to par with faith academy environment if you didn't pay as much (mind you, I attended secondary school like almost two decades ago, so I am definitely not a product of faith academy) While it is a faith based school, it is also a business venture. If I could, I will take my kids there as boarders and will definitely sleep well at night

Lol. this one that you're doing free advert for them. it's so obvious you're their member. So I don't expect you to say anything less.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by HeyCorleone(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
Treasuredlove:

but you can't because you can't afford it while there are so many alternatives around that are quite cheap.

I can say it anywhere. Faith Academy doesn't hold a candle to the school I attended.
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by KENZINCO(m): 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
happy200:
My point is it's fraudlent to take money from the poor using the name of Jesus, promising them reward in heaven while them and their children live comfortably on earth that's fraudlent u know. If offering alone is not enough for them they should quit, don't consider fraud as a means of survival cap it up using God's name.

U think it's fraudulent, I think otherwise, which is why I've decided to live my life by it and u have no right whatsoever to question what I believe in.

I If you believe "ALL" pastors are fraudulent, live ur life based on that and I will make sure I do not question ur believe as a person, all this I am doing just because I might not be nice to u if u question mine.
Life is by choice, and as long as ur believe is not imposed on you, I have no right yo question ur choice cuz its you choice to stay believing or leave.

If we are able to mind our businesses IN THIS CASE, we just might be building a more peaceful world for all of us to live in...
Re: Oyedepo: "We Have Been Flying Jet Before You Went To School, Don't Be Jealous" by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

but you can't because you can't afford it while there are so many alternatives around that are quite cheap.

I can say it anywhere. Faith Academy doesn't hold a candle to the school I attended.
who says I cannot afford it? It is just not convenient in terms of my route and proximity#weekend visits stuff. Faith academy is a very good school compared to many private schools dat are cheaper, you can quote me anywhere. I know what i am saying. Speaking as a parent who actually researches the schools I take my kids to

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Chris 'Heals' Nine People On Stretchers (Video) / Bishop Sam Zuga "Removes Black Object From A Lady's Private Part" (Photos) / Akudaya:myth Or Reality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.