Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Herdsmen Demand Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Demand Subsidy (553 Views)

Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 / Delta State Women Tired Of Being Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen, Demand They GO / FG Petrol Subsidy Now N26 Per Liter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by PenPrince07: 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria has said that it would embrace ranching if the Taraba government gave them subsidy.

Chairman of the group in the North-East, Alhaji Mafindi Danburam. said this, adding that subsidy will help small herders acquire the necessary tools for their business.

The national government is proposing cattle colonies for herders following clashes with farmers across the country.

And speaking to Punch, Danburam noted that the cattle breeders contribute significantly to the economy and deserve to be supported by the government.

“Some of these poor herders have between 10 to 30 cows and you say he must ranch. Who will provide water for him? An average ranch costs between N700,000 and N3m and that would not be possible for poor herders to do," he said.

“So, does such category of persons need to sell all they have to do ranching? Until government recognises that this sector is also contributing to the economy of the state and they begin to give us subsidy, ranching will not work.”

He noted that, “Another aspect of concern in the law is that it prohibits selling of land to a typical herder until the governor gives approval. Okay, how many of us have Certificate of Occupancy in Taraba State?

“We are practising traditional method of land ownership in Taraba State and if my wife or parent is sick and I need to sell my land to take them to the hospital, does that mean that I have to get the governor’s approval?en I want to do ranching?”

https://www.concisenews.global/business/herdsmen-demand-subsidy/

Myndd44, Lalasticlala

Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by Jabioro: 12:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
They can ask for more after all the grand patron is helding us hostages..spoon feds mofos!
Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by EternalTruths: 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
NigerDelta crude oil has suffered in the hands of the Caliphate.
Nnamdi Kanu will be shaking his head where ever he is.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by Sprumbabafather: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by Likei(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
As an auto mechanic, I think fgn should give me subsidy to open a mechanic workshop otherwise I will block third mainland bridge and start repairing caterpillars there. What is good for the jews is also good for ugandans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by konjinus(m): 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
Lol wow
Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by Throwback: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
The way these herdsmen are going, I doubt if a Fulani will ever win presidential elections in Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by EternalTruths: 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
Throwback:
The way these herdsmen are going, I doubt if a Fulani will ever win presidential elections in Nigeria again.

This is the same reason why any Northern Candidate presented by OBJ and PDP will lose.

Most people will not like to vote any Fulani but rather endure Buhari's 8years and never vote a Fulani again.
Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
Can't the poor herders pay the big time herders some money to keep their cows in the ranch?

They can also get individual investors to help them set up, or two three poor herders can pull resources together to start a ranch.
Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
Some of these poor herders have between 10 to 30 cows and you say he must ranch. Who will provide water for him? An average ranch costs between N700,000 and N3m and that would not be possible for poor herders to do.

But the poor farmers that has less than a plot to farm of which a good sizable plot of land would cost N700,000 and N3m does not need subsidy?

This is Nepotism on other means of living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by enemybulldozer(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
EternalTruths:
NigerDelta crude oil has suffered in the hands of the Caliphate.

Nnamdi Kanu will be shaking his head where ever he is.
Exactly!!
Re: Herdsmen Demand Subsidy by SalamRushdie: 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
They are notvgetting a dime ..who gave them subsidy they used to buy A
Thousands of AK47 they use to kill innocent people up and down

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Running Bastardized Political Structure – APC Chairman, Oyegun / Buhari Gears Up For A Second Presidential Term / Awusa People Think Like Their C0ws – See Epic Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.