Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight (1310 Views)

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data / What's The Best Midnight Data Plan Available? / Watch The Shocking Moment An Iphone Explodes & Burst Into Flames On A Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Psittacus(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
Happy Sunday n'landers.
I charged my power bank on Friday night and it was fully charged. I didn't use it to charge any phone. Last night I wanted to read, I read for a couple of hours and I turned off the lamp. I placed it and my phones on the carpet separately and I slept off.

Fast forward to 3am this morning, I was awoken by the sound of a mild explosion and I smelt smoke. I jumped up and behold my power bank was burning with Blue flame and it already spread on my carpet. Thank goodness it wasn't on my bed where I was caged in my mosquitoes net.

I'm just curious to know what could have caused it?

We should also know it's not only dangerous only while it's charging, pls keep it away all the time and Be safe!

1 Share

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Kenzico(m): 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thank God for your life Bro!

2 Likes

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Psittacus(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
Kenzico:
Thank God for your life Bro!
Thanks bro, I don appreciate baba God at the service today... .

1 Like

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by okosodo: 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
You are damn lucky

2 Likes

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by AnodaIT(m): 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
Probably over charge
That's why I prefer those power bank with torch to relieve the charges at intervals

2 Likes

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Psittacus(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
AnodaIT:
Probably over charge
That's why I prefer those power bank with torch to relieve the charges at intervals
probably, thanks
Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Sunkyphil(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thank God for ur life
Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Babalegba(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
What brand and model is the power bank so that we would avoid buying it in future
Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Psittacus(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
Babalegba:
What brand and model is the power bank so that we would avoid buying it in future
I'm not here to bad mouth any product , I know a couple of guys that use the same product and never complained about it...But it is a common brand, you should see it from the picture. it has a solar panel over it.

Reason I am asking what could have caused the explosion?

1 Like

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Psittacus(m): 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
Sunkyphil:
Thank God for ur life
Thank u
Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by just2endowed: 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2018
That's bad. It's good to go for good brand.

Check my signature for quality powerbank
Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Godwin978(m): 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
Psittacus:
Happy Sunday n'landers.
I charged my power bank on Friday night and it was fully charged. I didn't use it to charge any phone. Last night I wanted to read, I read for a couple of hours and I turned off the lamp. I placed it and my phones on the carpet separately and I slept off.

Fast forward to 3am this morning, I was awoken by the sound of a mild explosion and I smelt smoke. I jumped up and behold my power bank was burning with Blue flame and it already spread on my carpet. Thank goodness it wasn't on my bed where I was caged in my mosquitoes net.

I'm just curious to know what could have caused it?

We should also know it's not only dangerous only while it's charging, pls keep it away all the time and Be safe!
i need power bank with solar charging feature, like this, how much do you got this? how many mah? and Dose the solar charging truely work? sorry for asking too many questions
Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Daviestunech(m): 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
grin

Na dis fake power bank with Solar... grin

Buy better power bank una go dey buy fake... thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
Substandard. 'power bank' is not a brand name, so it is unbranded. Try New Age, Oraimo etc. You are lucky it didn't burn down your house.

1 Like

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by cassidy1996(m): 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
igbo made... just thank GOD
Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Xionez(m): 12:46am On Jan 29, 2018
All these yeye "solar powered" power bank with a 30000maH rating.

The solar panel produces enough current to charge that indicator leds, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Power Bank Burst Into Flames At Midnight by Horlufemi(m): 8:08am On Jan 29, 2018
Buy Anker power bank.

You'll be glad you did.

Call to order

(1) (Reply)

Huawei P10 Lite For Sale / Huawei Launches 1st #5G Mobile Phone / Neat Infinix X510 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.