Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked (518 Views)

How Do I Answer This My Son's Question? / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked by massinola(m): 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
My cousin came back from morning mass yesterday and asked me a question that I didn't know how to answer it straight forward. This is because the question is beyond her age.
I guess the topic was on adultery, and the priest made mention of King David committing adultery with Urial's wife. It was preached in Igbo language. So, the priest said that David na nwunye Urial kwara iko (David committed adultery with Urials wife). The little girl (10 years old) didn't understand what Ikwa iko meant. She came home and asked me what was meant by ikwa iko. I lied to her that ikwa iko means to push cup. I did that because of her age.
She didn't seem convinced, but I don't know if I should tell her the real meaning. I just need to know if she's of age to be told what the preacher meant.
Re: How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked by gabinogem(m): 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
This is the jet age where kids are way smarter than their age... You won't be doing anything wrong if u let her know what it means. Except u want her to go & satisfy her curiosity outside.
Re: How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked by sonofthunder: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
next time, even if it is difficult... try not to lie to her
Re: How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
Dont Be Surprised When She Goes Out Asking For Push cup
Re: How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked by kennysam91: 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
Tell her the truth
Re: How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked by Uyi168: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
She should have asked the priest..
Re: How Do I Answer This Question That My Little Cousin Asked by iamgenius(m): 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2018
Just tell her that Prophet David was a Prophet of God and the writers of the bible lied that he committed adultery.
Simple

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

DAPCHI:OPM Promises Scholarship To Dapchi Girl For Refusing To Denial Christ / Samuel Adeniyi Recited Psalms 119:1-176 At April Holy Ghost Service / Is It Right For A Pastor To Slap His Followers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.