Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha (15382 Views)

Why We Extended Lockdown By 2 Weeks - Boss Mustapha / Boss Mustapha, Other Attendees Of Kyari’s Burial Refuse To Self-Isolate / Coronavirus: Task Force Visits Aso Rock, Led By Boss Mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by sarrki(m): 1:16am On Jan 29, 2018
Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha, at the weekend, declared that re-electing President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 would fast-track the South East’s quest to produce President.

He said the zone would stand a good chance if it backs President Buhari in the next election, to be supported to produce the President, cautioning the zone against making fatal political mistake that will ruin its yearnings.

Mustapha stated this at a reception organized for the Permanent Secretary, Cabinet Affairs Office, Barr Georgina Ehuria by the former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu .

In attendance include the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita, Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, former governor of Ekiti State and All Progressives Congress (APC) Deputy National Chairman (South ), Engr. Segun Oni, former Minister of State, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Chief Chuka Odom.

Responding to remarks made by Kalu, that Igbo have decided to give 75 percent votes to President Buhari if he decides to run for a second term in office, Mustapha said the South East will not regret voting massively for Buhari in 2019.

The SGF’s statement came barely a week after former President Olusegun Obasanjo wrote an 18-page letter to President Buhari, urging the president to take a deserving rest and not take a second shot at the presidency.

Continuing on the aspiration of the Igbo to produce President, he told Kalu “You made allusions to the fact that the South East would support Buhari. Let me confirm to you that for any thought of Igbo presidency, this is the shortest part. I have been in this game in the last 35, 37 years. I can attest to it. I know what it is, I know the permutations. I know what is on ground and I am an election manager.

“I know how you can commute, how you can fix the figures and how they come and arrive at the destination. And I can tell you without any fear, without any iota of doubt that the shortest path to an Igbo presidency is for Buhari to complete his tenure and now engage the Igbo nation in a decisive move”.

The immediate past Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) further said the presidency of Nigeria had always been obtained by negotiation.

Mustapha added that no single group can ascend to the presidency of Nigeria without negotiation, urging the Igbos to bring to bear, the entrepreneurial spirit of the Igbo man in navigating the way to the presidency of Nigeria.

“And I leave this with my Igbo brothers that the act of negotiation that you have perfected in dealing with merchandise, in dealing with commerce, in dealing with entrepreneurship, must be brought to bear on your navigating your way to the presidency of Nigeria,” Mustapha added.

The SGF also cited the diversity of the country, particularly his home state, Adamawa, where they speak various languages, adding that Nigeria was a complex society with diverse background.

He however said but in the case of the Igbos, they were fortunate to come from a geographical zone where only one language is used in communication.

“Nigeria is a complex society. We come from different diverse background. I come from a state called Adamawa. There are about 96 ethnic communities. We speak different distinct languages. You have an advantage. You speak only one language in all the five South Eastern states

http://sunnewsonline.com/buharill-run-in-2019-says-sgf-boss-mustapha/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by sarrki(m): 1:22am On Jan 29, 2018
Raw and undiluted fact !!

If they did not ,

Then we take it (Omoluabis)on behalf of South

14 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by purest21(m): 1:23am On Jan 29, 2018
3 hardest things of life

- Advising a girl in love
- Advising a man with money
- Advising a Buhari supporter

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by jdluv(f): 1:23am On Jan 29, 2018
reelection?i laugh,.. ...Am sure eventhe igbos will not fall for this lie

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 29, 2018
Seriously, Igbos will never rule this nation

16 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Mynd44: 1:25am On Jan 29, 2018
Dumb comment. Guy just admitted to playing ethno-religious politics.

Where do they find these guys sef?

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by sarrki(m): 1:28am On Jan 29, 2018
MasViews:
Seriously, Igbos will never rule this nation

Hmmmm

Please sir why ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by delugajackson: 1:29am On Jan 29, 2018
Be giving yourself hope, Oga. Presidency or no presidency, Nigerians can never make the same mistake come 2019.

Buhari's eminent defeat in Aso Rock is as clear as tomorrow being Tuesday.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Desyner: 1:46am On Jan 29, 2018
Mynd44:

After using and dumping the Yorubas it is time to romance the Igbos. In the marriage called Nigeria, the north is the husband, the south(east, south-south and west) are wives competing for the husbands attention. The south-south is the beautiful and rich wife. The northern minority are maids.

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Desyner: 1:49am On Jan 29, 2018
sarrki:
Raw and undiluted fact !!

If they did not ,

Then we take it (Omoluabis)on behalf of South

Even a fulani herdsman reading NairaLand for the first time knows you are Fulani stooge trying to divide n rule your adversaries.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by sarrki(m): 2:00am On Jan 29, 2018
Desyner:
Even a fulani herdsman reading NairaLand for the first time knows you are Fulani stooge trying to divide n rule you adversaries.

You don't even reason at all times before you talk

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by sarrki(m): 2:03am On Jan 29, 2018
Desyner:
After using and dumping the Yorubas it is time to romance the Igbos. In the marriage called Nigeria, the north is the husband, the south(east, south-south and west) are wives competing for the husbands attention. The south-south is the beautiful and rich wife. The northern minority are maids.

If a system is not well upgraded

It may lead to corrupt file at the long run it can damage the system

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 29, 2018
Anyi asaala anya, try another propaganda. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by sarrki(m): 2:13am On Jan 29, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Anyi asaala anya, try another propaganda. cheesy

Do you know that without the vote last time

Pmb won ?

So all this chest beating should stop

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Physicist(m): 2:19am On Jan 29, 2018
Why are so many people naïve to believe Buhari will handover to a Southerner? I do not think Buhari can hand over power to a Southerner. I believe Buhari can never willingly hand over power to an Igbo person.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by madridguy(m): 2:50am On Jan 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by DankemzI(m): 3:12am On Jan 29, 2018
So Buhari had Igbos in mind & he authorized python & crocodile to dance & shed tears in SESS? tongue Its time for the educated & enlightened Nigerians to calculate 97% and 5%, truly he who laughs last, laughs best

13 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 29, 2018
They are here to decrive us again

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by DankemzI(m): 3:18am On Jan 29, 2018
SESS its time to keep our differences aside and align with a candidate that has the interests of our regions at heart! Remember the region that betrayed GeJ & be wary of their manipulative hand of friendship

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Elukapendragon(m): 3:21am On Jan 29, 2018
undecided oga why u lie oh
Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Nwadiuto247: 3:39am On Jan 29, 2018
sarrki:

Do you know that without the vote last time

Pmb won ?

So all this chest beating should stop

You people don't understand igbos at all. We dont really care about an igbo being President. It is our politicians that interested in that stuff.

Common to go and register for voters card dey hard us. To go out and vote on election day na wahala. An average Igbo man needs a president that will provide a conducive environment for him to thrive in his business.

For a people who don't depend on their fellow human to dash them money for food, they are not looking at Igbo President as their saviour. They are not even crazy about it. Na una dey worry una head about it.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 29, 2018
sarrki:
Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha, at the weekend, declared that re-electing President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 would fast-track the South East’s quest to produce President.

He said the zone would stand a good chance if it backs President Buhari in the next election, to be supported to produce the President, cautioning the zone against making fatal political mistake that will ruin its yearnings.

Mustapha stated this at a reception organized for the Permanent Secretary, Cabinet Affairs Office, Barr Georgina Ehuria by the former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu .

In attendance include the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita, Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, former governor of Ekiti State and All Progressives Congress (APC) Deputy National Chairman (South ), Engr. Segun Oni, former Minister of State, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Chief Chuka Odom.

Responding to remarks made by Kalu, that Igbo have decided to give 75 percent votes to President Buhari if he decides to run for a second term in office, Mustapha said the South East will not regret voting massively for Buhari in 2019.

The SGF’s statement came barely a week after former President Olusegun Obasanjo wrote an 18-page letter to President Buhari, urging the president to take a deserving rest and not take a second shot at the presidency.

Continuing on the aspiration of the Igbo to produce President, he told Kalu “You made allusions to the fact that the South East would support Buhari. Let me confirm to you that for any thought of Igbo presidency, this is the shortest part. I have been in this game in the last 35, 37 years. I can attest to it. I know what it is, I know the permutations. I know what is on ground and I am an election manager.

“I know how you can commute, how you can fix the figures and how they come and arrive at the destination. And I can tell you without any fear, without any iota of doubt that the shortest path to an Igbo presidency is for Buhari to complete his tenure and now engage the Igbo nation in a decisive move”.

The immediate past Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) further said the presidency of Nigeria had always been obtained by negotiation.

Mustapha added that no single group can ascend to the presidency of Nigeria without negotiation, urging the Igbos to bring to bear, the entrepreneurial spirit of the Igbo man in navigating the way to the presidency of Nigeria.

“And I leave this with my Igbo brothers that the act of negotiation that you have perfected in dealing with merchandise, in dealing with commerce, in dealing with entrepreneurship, must be brought to bear on your navigating your way to the presidency of Nigeria,” Mustapha added.

The SGF also cited the diversity of the country, particularly his home state, Adamawa, where they speak various languages, adding that Nigeria was a complex society with diverse background.

He however said but in the case of the Igbos, they were fortunate to come from a geographical zone where only one language is used in communication.

“Nigeria is a complex society. We come from different diverse background. I come from a state called Adamawa. There are about 96 ethnic communities. We speak different distinct languages. You have an advantage. You speak only one language in all the five South Eastern states

http://sunnewsonline.com/buharill-run-in-2019-says-sgf-boss-mustapha/

We want Tiv presidency.
Back to Daura.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by EternalTruths: 4:49am On Jan 29, 2018
Mynd44:

Has Nigerians ever played national politics.

Why talk as if you don't know that Nigeria's politics is purely base on ethnoreligious sentiments.

What happened in 1979 election will replay itself again.

Just mark my words.

Remember how Awo lost 1979 election that is how OBJ's force will lose 2019 election.

Every year that ends with 9, represents Nigeria's crossroads years.

1919, 1929, 1939, 1949, 1959, 1969, 1979, 1989, 1999, 2009, 2019

Checkout the events that occurred during those years.

1929: Aba women riot

1939: Nigerians drafted to WW2

1949: The clamour for independence took a serious dimension as US and Soviet republics gave a green light to decolonization.

1959: Independence year delayed

1969: Biafra divided into 2 in the month of December by OBJ's 3rd Marine commandos due to insufficient ammunitions on the Biafran side and the following month January 1970 Civil war ended.

1979: Return to Democracy

1989: First Promise by IBB to return to Democracy after serious pressure and a plan by Awolowo to stage an uprising.
Awolowo committed suicide.
Vatsa failed coup if I could remember accurately.

1999: Return to Democracy

2009: Yar Adua's health issue began an irreversible deterioration that culminated to his death in 2010.

2019: The battle of the Titans between Yorubas led by OBJ & Buhari leading the Hausa Fulani people

This time around, the Igbos will determine the fate of Nigeria.

To be honest with you, Igbos will not take the battle serious and Buhari will buy over their votes to defeat OBJ's 3rd force.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by EternalTruths: 4:52am On Jan 29, 2018
DankemzI:
SESS its time to keep our differences aside and align with a candidate that has the interests of our regions at heart! Remember the region that betrayed GeJ & be wary of their manipulative hand of friendship

You are smart.

The best thing to do, is to ignore the 2019 election and allow the Yorubas and Hausa Fulani people slug it out while we watch at the sideline.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by EternalTruths: 4:57am On Jan 29, 2018
Nwadiuto247:

You people don't understand igbos at all. We dont really care about an igbo being President. It is our politicians that interested in that stuff.

Common to go and register for voters card dey hard us. To go out and vote on election day na wahala. An average Igbo man needs a president that will provide a conducive environment for him to thrive in his business.

For a people who don't depend on their fellow human to dash them money for food, they are not looking at Igbo President as their saviour. They are not even crazy about it. Na una dey worry una head about it.

I told someone some days ago that the Igbos will not take 2019 serious because they will see it as a fight between Yoruba and Hausa Fulani people.

The deciding block will be the Igbos.

Who ever can motivate the Igbos to vote in mass, will win the day. To be frank with you, I foresee the Igbos & many Southern minorities selling their votes in 2023 so that the North can end their rule in 2023 and not 2027.

Unfortunately in 2023, Buhari will handover power to another Fulani and Nigeria will cease to exist.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by lilfreezy: 5:18am On Jan 29, 2018
Physicist:
Why are so many people naïve to believe Buhari will handover to a Southerner? I do not think Buhari can hand over power to a Southerner. I believe Buhari can never willingly hand over power to an Igbo person.
Lol! Anyone that believes him will be considered a
Stupid individual. We all know ElRufai will take over in 2023. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by EternalTruths: 5:22am On Jan 29, 2018
lilfreezy:

Lol! Anyone that believes him will be considered a
Stupid individual. We all know ElRufai will take over in 2023. grin

That is why they will take this 2019 election as a do or die business.

Unfortunately for them, Nigeria died spiritually in 2015 when they conspired against SS presidency despite how their oil & gas has fed their wretchedness for years.

Buhari's reelection will definitely end One Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Corrinthians(m): 6:07am On Jan 29, 2018
purest21:
3 hardest things of life

- Advising a girl in love
- Advising a man with money
- Advising a Buhari supporter Advising a Pig
Fixed. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Corrinthians(m): 6:10am On Jan 29, 2018
Mynd44:

That is what Nigerian politics has become and their politicians have become ethnic militiamen whose weapons of choice are their tongue and pen.
Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Godjone(m): 6:15am On Jan 29, 2018
Nonsensical talk. Is it now they knew the igbo deserves the presidency? ??

Useless people

All because Buhari wants to continue in second term, they keep feeding us with this old rethorics that we already knew.

I thought they were bragging that Buhari with or without igbo votes they will still win. Why boddered about the igbo again na

Abeg bubu and his agent should continue going through the letter Obj sent them and leave the already deprived, depressed and marginalised igbo to nurse their wounds alone .

Ndi'Igbo says it is referendum or nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’ Re-Election In 2019 The Shortest Way To Igbo Presidency - Boss Mustapha by Godjone(m): 6:18am On Jan 29, 2018
Mynd44:

very dumb jor bro mynd44. How the MOD work na I just dey greet you oooo no ban me oooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra State Is Not Imo State, PDP Tells APC. / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group / Ikpeazu Wins Uche Ogah At The Supreme Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.