Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

What To Do When A Dear One Suddenly Dies . - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Do When A Dear One Suddenly Dies . (829 Views)

15-year-old Girl Who Scored 9as In WAEC Suddenly Dies After Getting Scholarship / Shocking As 2018 Bbnaija Live Show Has Suddenly Gone Offline On Dstv & Gotv / VIDEO/PHOTOS: Truck Suddenly Went On Fire At PTI Junction In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When A Dear One Suddenly Dies . by maduxs: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2018
WHAT to do when a dear one suddenly dies. Death is inevitable, no matter how much we dispise the word, we and our dear ones will surely die one day. My prayer is that we should grow old before we die-Amen . When a dear one dies, As an authority in mortuary science and practices I will tell you what you need to do. First where did it happen? Did it happen at home, if yes then you need to call an ambulance or if you have a vehicle convey the body to the nearest hospital let the doctor pronounce him or she dead before any other thing, reason is that if you don't do that,you might end up taking someone in coma or unconscious to the mortuary or cemetery. I have withness a case when a body was brought to the morgue immediately the body was brought out from the car and placed on a trolley, she open her eye right before the relatives, the rest is history. Just imagine if the body was buried immediately. When a body is pronounced dead by a doctor, the next thing you need to do is to accept the reality on ground .Take the body to the mortuary if your faith permits that. If it doesn't then proceed to the cemetery depending on the time of death .
I have also witnessed a different case where people brought a body that died in the hospital to the mortuary but some of the relatives refused to accept the fact that their loved one is gone. They Pleaded with me to give them some time to wake their loved dead one before I slot the body to the fridge or embalm the body,because I don't want to be seen as devil himself, I gave way to their request. For more than four hours they sang and pray but to no avail. In other not to appear defeated, they gave me some money and clothes and told me to give it to their loved one when he wakes up. He should wear the clothes and use the money for transportation back home. They told me that they are certain that he will wake up. I did as I was told but unfortunately the body did not wake up. I no you will want to know what happen with the clothes and money, the clothes were used to dress him on the burial day and the money was part of the mortuary bill. I have lost my father so I know what it means to lose a loved one. But be rational when you lose a loved one, come to terms with the reality on ground don't question God and don't do anything silly and also don't tempt God.
A relative took his dead loved one that was supposed to be embalm to one of the churches in the country in other for his pastor to wake the dead body, after days the body got autolysed and he brought the body back to the mortuary for preservation after all hope has been lost and the body has deteriorated greatly. He end up playing twice of the initial fee for preservation. Relatives do ask me on several occasion to go and check if a dead body I embalmed many days ago has woken up. It's not a joke and it's not funny. I have seen a lot in taking care of the Dead and I really understand the pain in people's mind that's while I start up this write up to relate with people and educate my readers and the general public . When a body has been pronounced dead by a doctor convey the body to the mortuary if your faith permits that. Or convey the body to the cemetery for burial. Make every necessary arrangement to bury a fresh body as fast as you can in other to reduce the spread of infections. No matter how much you love this person remember that all fresh dead bodies are potential infectious depending on the cause of death. If your faith permits embalment, take the body to the mortuary and request for immediate embalment. The essence of this is that the body get fixed easily and still assume a life like appearance. No matter how much you spent in taking care of your loved one before death, if the body is not properly preserved, people will not forget the ugly look of the body even after the burial day and will not even believe that you spent a lot to save the person from dying . the last look at a body will be remembered for ever. Even if you don't have enough money at that moment, sign a consent for embalment which allows you to pay when you have money. When the body is embalmed, you have saved yourself from any further embarrassment in due course.
Now that you have gotten the body embalmed, you can take time to plan for the burial. Always remember to take cognizance of your financial strength when planning for a burial of a loved one. Somebody must take care of the Dead and somebody must bury the dead.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When A Dear One Suddenly Dies . by BENARI: 8:08am On Aug 02, 2020
Kindly detail the process of embalming in Nigeria. Are abdominal organs removed to avoid decay?
Re: What To Do When A Dear One Suddenly Dies . by BENARI: 8:10am On Aug 02, 2020
maduxs:
WHAT to do when a dear one suddenly dies. Death is inevitable, no matter how much we dispise the word, we and our dear ones will surely die one day. My prayer is that we should grow old before we die-Amen . When a dear one dies, As an authority in mortuary science and practices I will tell you what you need to do. First where did it happen? Did it happen at home, if yes then you need to call an ambulance or if you have a vehicle convey the body to the nearest hospital let the doctor pronounce him or she dead before any other thing, reason is that if you don't do that,you might end up taking someone in coma or unconscious to the mortuary or cemetery. I have withness a case when a body was brought to the morgue immediately the body was brought out from the car and placed on a trolley, she open her eye right before the relatives, the rest is history. Just imagine if the body was buried immediately. When a body is pronounced dead by a doctor, the next thing you need to do is to accept the reality on ground .Take the body to the mortuary if your faith permits that. If it doesn't then proceed to the cemetery depending on the time of death .
I have also witnessed a different case where people brought a body that died in the hospital to the mortuary but some of the relatives refused to accept the fact that their loved one is gone. They Pleaded with me to give them some time to wake their loved dead one before I slot the body to the fridge or embalm the body,because I don't want to be seen as devil himself, I gave way to their request. For more than four hours they sang and pray but to no avail. In other not to appear defeated, they gave me some money and clothes and told me to give it to their loved one when he wakes up. He should wear the clothes and use the money for transportation back home. They told me that they are certain that he will wake up. I did as I was told but unfortunately the body did not wake up. I no you will want to know what happen with the clothes and money, the clothes were used to dress him on the burial day and the money was part of the mortuary bill. I have lost my father so I know what it means to lose a loved one. But be rational when you lose a loved one, come to terms with the reality on ground don't question God and don't do anything silly and also don't tempt God.
A relative took his dead loved one that was supposed to be embalm to one of the churches in the country in other for his pastor to wake the dead body, after days the body got autolysed and he brought the body back to the mortuary for preservation after all hope has been lost and the body has deteriorated greatly. He end up playing twice of the initial fee for preservation. Relatives do ask me on several occasion to go and check if a dead body I embalmed many days ago has woken up. It's not a joke and it's not funny. I have seen a lot in taking care of the Dead and I really understand the pain in people's mind that's while I start up this write up to relate with people and educate my readers and the general public . When a body has been pronounced dead by a doctor convey the body to the mortuary if your faith permits that. Or convey the body to the cemetery for burial. Make every necessary arrangement to bury a fresh body as fast as you can in other to reduce the spread of infections. No matter how much you love this person remember that all fresh dead bodies are potential infectious depending on the cause of death. If your faith permits embalment, take the body to the mortuary and request for immediate embalment. The essence of this is that the body get fixed easily and still assume a life like appearance. No matter how much you spent in taking care of your loved one before death, if the body is not properly preserved, people will not forget the ugly look of the body even after the burial day and will not even believe that you spent a lot to save the person from dying . the last look at a body will be remembered for ever. Even if you don't have enough money at that moment, sign a consent for embalment which allows you to pay when you have money. When the body is embalmed, you have saved yourself from any further embarrassment in due course.
Now that you have gotten the body embalmed, you can take time to plan for the burial. Always remember to take cognizance of your financial strength when planning for a burial of a loved one. Somebody must take care of the Dead and somebody must bury the dead.
Samuel ubazuonu is a human anatomist and mortician/embalmer.
Kindly see and respond to my question above pls
Re: What To Do When A Dear One Suddenly Dies . by Ejusni(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2020
Have you ever seen ghosts? Do you believe in ghosts or life after death?

(1) (Reply)

Sex-for-mark: Alleged Victim, Monica Osagie, Appears Before Obafemi Awolowo Uni / Nigerian Was Given A Savage Clapback For Saying Nigeria Is The Giant Of Africa / American Girl's Silly Joke To American Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.