Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

6 Part-time Jobs Upcoming Musicians Can Do To Earn A Living - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Part-time Jobs Upcoming Musicians Can Do To Earn A Living (381 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 / 6 Part-time Jobs Upcoming Musicians Can Do To Earn A Living (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Part-time Jobs Upcoming Musicians Can Do To Earn A Living by Brainzcoded1: 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
I found this post few hours ago and I believe it will be useful to help many people here…
Before you decided to venture into/pursue music, you must have already known that the big bucks wasn’t going to start rolling in immediately.

It’s a well known fact that until you can earn a living being a full-time musician, you’ll need to do some other things on the side to help pay the bills and supplement your income.

To do this, you need to find flexible jobs that wouldn’t encroach on your studio time or other music-related things like gigs, tours, and writing, while helping you be a little financially stable.

The 6 jobs below can help you work part-time as a musician before you start earning a full time living with your music career.

6. Sound technician

Learning all about sound tech and using the knowledge practically, is another way you can make money on a part-time basis.

A lot of music venues, studios, event centres and even churches, are always in need of people who know their way around things entailing sound technology.
Or if you are the kind that loves to travel, you can reach out to touring agencies like Glo Fest, Star Trek, and others like that to work for them during the tour.

5. Uber/Taxify driver

If you have a car, then being an Uber/Taxify driver certainly can’t hurt your chances of making money at all. If anything, it’s a really decent way to make some side cash.

You get to choose your own time, and you don’t have to report to anyone. It’s pure convenience and a good way to make money part-time.

4. Graphic designer
Did you know that TB1 was (and probably still is,) a graphic designer? Even though graphic design is kinda specialized, if you have the patience to learn, coupled with your creativity, you can start making some beautiful work in no time at all.

You can work from home and create logos, banners, or anything your client needs. All you need is a laptop with a good design software (Adobe Photoshop or Corel Draw) and you are good to go.
Read more: http://www.gospeljingle.com/6-part-time-jobs-upcoming-musicians-can-earn-livingmust-read/

1 Share

Re: 6 Part-time Jobs Upcoming Musicians Can Do To Earn A Living by Ajehmusic: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
I'm a fashion designer and also a musician

3 Likes

Re: 6 Part-time Jobs Upcoming Musicians Can Do To Earn A Living by Brainzcoded1: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
Dates good… doubling of hustle

2 Likes

Re: 6 Part-time Jobs Upcoming Musicians Can Do To Earn A Living by Joemetry(m): 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
How do I get the skill of a sound technician?

I am also open to any flextime job in other to help me fund my career.

(1) (Reply)

Royal Exchange Plc Nationwide Recruitment (30 Positions) / Driver Urgently Needed / Vacancies For Office Assistants In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.