Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

God Doesn't Make Sense! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Doesn't Make Sense! (3709 Views)

I'm So Convinced That God Doesn't Not Exist / Adam & Eve: The Whole Story Doesn't Make Sense - Until Now / You Can't Prove That God Doesn't Exist. Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
This thread is for true believers, those still standing firm in Christ, those doing all they can not to give up on God. It's also for those who have fallen from the grace and those about to fall.

We're in an era where the Christian race is being extremely beautified by most churches as though there wouldn't be thorns on the way side. We hear mostly about prosperity, how you can never be poor or fall sick as a child of God. We hear about how we're going through tough times because we never speak positively continuously concerning our challenges. Contrary to what we hear or believe, these are the kind of adamant doctrines that make many fall when they don't achieve their expectations.

Have you been in a position where fellow Christians feel you didn't pray enough that's why things aren't working out? Or in a position where you've been told you haven't learnt a lesson yet that's why a particular unwanted situation persists? Or just like job, you were told you're going through whatever you're going through because you've sinned, so you should confess when you know you've not?

Are you in a position you feel or know you've done all you can for God by living a pleasing and righteous or holy life unto your maker, yet it's like your life is being played on a realistic screen as though you're the worst sinner on earth because of what you're going through? Have you ever felt confused about God at à point because of your expectations from Him? Have you ever felt betrayed by God because you know how much you love Him and you've proved it even in your secret life when no one's looking?

What am I trying to say? Are you in a position where you ask God, why? Why me?

Well, these are the things Christians don't want to talk about or they try to hide. Especially those who give their all to God.

Let's talk about these things and encourage one another in Christ. Let's not act like Job's friends who gave a counsel in a way not pleasing to God, only to increase the pain of Job.

For those in such situations, I recommend a book by Dr. James Dobson titled, holding on to your faith even WHEN GOD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

I will only share the chapter one here and I wish you get a copy of the book so you can go through all the chapters and understand the Christian journey, what it means to carry your cross and follow Christ and also understand the Christian journey is not all about bread and butter, sugar and tea.

Trust in God through the storms. Neither life nor death, neither pain nor joy should separate you from God.

Just like Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego, we will say with determination and willingness in our hearts, that even if God DOESN'T rescue us (not that He CAN'T) , we would not bow to any other gods neither would we bow to self.

Remain in Christ as I share chapter one with you. And those who have read the book before can also contribute if you want to. May the sacrifice of Christ not be in vain in our lives. Amen!

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
http://shop.cbn.com/firstchapter.asp?index=804&mode=view

When God Doesn't Make Sense

By James C. Dobson

Chapter One

Chuck Frye was a bright young man of 17, academically gifted and highly motivated. After graduating near the top of his class in high school, he went on to college, where he continued to excel in his studies. Upon completion of his B.S. degree, he applied for admittance to several medical schools. The competition for acceptance was, and is, fierce. At the time, I was a professor at the University of Southern California School of Medicine, where only 106 students were admitted each year out of 6,000 applicants. That was typical of accredited medical programs in that era. Despite these long odds, Chuck was accepted at the University of Arizona School of Medicine and began his formal training in September.

During that first term, Chuck was thinking about the call of God on his life. He began to feel that he should forgo high-tech medicine in some lucrative setting in favor of service on a foreign field. This eventually became his definite plan for the future. Toward the end of that first year of training, however, Chuck was not feeling well. He began experiencing a strange and persistent fatigue. He made an appointment for an examination in May and was soon diagnosed with acute leukemia. Chuck Frye was dead by November.

How could Chuck's heartsick parents then, and how can we now, make sense of this incomprehensible act of God? This young man loved Jesus Christ with all his heart and sought only to do His will. Why was he taken in his prime despite many agonized prayers for his healing by godly family members and faithful friends? The Lord clearly said no to them all. But why?

Thousands of young doctors complete their education every year and enter the medical profession, some for less than admirable reasons. A tiny minority plan to spend their professional lives with the down and outers of the world. But here was a marvelous exception. If permitted to live, Chuck could have treated thousands of poor and needy people who would otherwise suffer and die in utter hopelessness. Not only could he have ministered to their physical needs, but his ultimate desire was to share the gospel with those who had never heard this greatest of stories. Thus, his death simply made no sense. Visualize with me the many desperately ill people Dr. Chuck Frye might have touched in his lifetime, some with cancer, some with tuberculosis, some with congenital disorders, and some too young to even understand their pain. Why would Divine Providence deny them his dedicated service?

There is another dimension to the Frye story that completes the picture. Chuck became engaged to be married in March of that first year in medical school. His fiancée was named Karen Ernst, and she was also a committed believer in Jesus Christ. She learned of Chuck's terminal illness six weeks after their engagement, but she chose to go through with their wedding plans. They became husband and wife in July, less than four months before his tragic death. Karen then enrolled in medical school at the University of Arizona, and after graduation she became a medical missionary in Swaziland in southern Africa. Dr. Frye served there in a church-sponsored hospital until 1992. I'm sure she wonders-amidst so much suffering-why her brilliant young husband was not allowed to fulfill his mission as her medical colleague. And, yes, I wonder too.

The great theologians of the world can contemplate the dilemma posed by Chuck Frye's death for the next 50 years, but they are not likely to produce a satisfying explanation. God's purpose in this young man's demise is a mystery, and there it must remain. Why, after much prayer, was Chuck granted admittance to medical school if he could not live to complete his training? From whence came the missions call to which he responded? Why was so much talent invested in a young man who would not be able to use it? And why was life abbreviated in such a mature and promising student, whereas many drug addicts, winos, and evil-doers survive into old age as burdens on society? These troubling questions are much easier to pose than to answer. And there are many others.

2 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Martinez19(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
See ehn, anyone worshiping a loving, all knowing and all powerful God must have his life reflecting it. Suffering and calamity is proof that there is no sky daddy who has got anyone's back.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by adepeter2027(m): 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
Will read later
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by budaatum: 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
Read already. Life, as well as death, happens to everyone no matter how much god one yells.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmytes(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2018
There is no God. If there were, you shouldn't care cause he doesn't.

How can there be a God and yet his creation is in turmoil? Quit believing in imaginary things and see the reality of things.

There's no proof of Gods existence except for some old book with so many inconsistencies, horror and contradictions.

How an African man believes that a Jewish man came to die for his sins is the heigh of ignorance. You guys better face realities.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by MrPresident1: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
Emmytes:
There is no God. If there were, you shouldn't care cause he doesn't.

How can there be a God and yet his creation is in turmoil? Quit believing in imaginary things and see the reality of things.

There's no proof of Gods existence except for some old book with so many inconsistencies, horror and contradictions.

How an African man believes that a Jewish man came to die for his sins is the heigh of ignorance. You guys better face realities.

Have you not heard that the world has been given over to satan? For a short while?

Why are you people so stupid and idiotic and unreasoning?

Atheism is the new fashion, the proud badge of stupidity worn by certificated, mis-educated, and linear thinking zomboid idiots

2 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmytes(m): 10:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
MrPresident1:

Have you not heard that the world has been given over to satan? For a short while?

Why are you people so stupid and idiotic and unreasoning?

Atheism is the new fashion, the proud badge of stupidity worn by certificated, mis-educated, and linear thinking zomboid idiots

Hahaha

You see how you get defensive and start throwing insults when your religion is criticized yet your so called bible asks you to be meek and gentle like a lamb. Seems like your going to hell my friend. grin

Religion is a cult and nothing more and has brainwashed you peeps, you can't even use your brain to think and make logical conclusions.

Have you ever stopped to wonder if you'll still be a Christian if you were born in a Muslim home?!? There is a 99% chance that you'll end up being a Muslim so does that make your religion any better than the rest?!?

You have no concrete proof that your god exists except that you've been told from birth and read it from one old book. Same way I believe that Voldemort exists cause I read it in the Harry Potter novels.
cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by MrPresident1: 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
Emmytes:

Hahaha

You see how you get defensive and start throwing insults when your religion is criticized yet your so called bible asks you to be meek and gentle like a lamb. Religion is a cult and nothing more.

Religion has brainwashed you peeps, you can't even use your brain to think and make logical conclusions.

Have you ever stopped to wonder if you'll still be a Christian if you were born in a Muslim home?!? There is a 99% chance that you'll end up being a Muslim so does that make your religion any better than the rest?!?

You have no concrete proof that your god exists except that you've been told from birth and read it from one old book. Same way I believe that Voldemort exists cause I read it in the Harry Potter novels.
cheesy grin

You are nothing but a brainwashed idiot. Who is your meek and gentle? Have you not heard that when Jesus returns he is coming to make mincemeat of idiots like you who have given your lives to godlessness?

Are you wiser than your father or your mother who are religious folk, who believe in God, or do you think your parents are fools?

How did we end up with so many fools in Nigeria, how did this happen, what is the meaning of all these nonsense?

4 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmytes(m): 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
MrPresident1:

You are nothing but a brainwashed idiot. Who is your meek and gentle? Have you not heard that when Jesus returns he is coming to make mincemeat of idiots like you who have given your lives to godlessness?

Are you wiser than your father or your mother who are religious folk, who believe in God, or do you think your parents are fools?

How did we end up with so many fools in Nigeria, how did this happen, what is the meaning of all these nonsense?

Your Jesus has been dead for over 2000 years and he ain't coming back, you better get used to that son.

Until you realize that there's no sky daddy who's got your back, you'll continue being a Slave to religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmanystone: 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
bennyann:
This thread is for true believers, those still standing firm in Christ, those doing all they can not to give up on God. It's also for those who have fallen from the grace and those about to fall.

We're in an era where the Christian race is being extremely beautified by most churches as though there wouldn't be thorns on the way side. We hear mostly about prosperity, how you can never be poor or fall sick as a child of God. We hear about how we're going through tough times because we never speak positively continuously concerning our challenges. Contrary to what we hear or believe, these are the kind of adamant doctrines that make many fall when they don't achieve their expectations.

Have you been in a position where fellow Christians feel you didn't pray enough that's why things aren't working out? Or in a position where you've been told you haven't learnt a lesson yet that's why a particular unwanted situation persists? Or just like job, you were told you're going through whatever you're going through because you've sinned, so you should confess when you know you've not?

Are you in a position you feel or know you've done all you can for God by living a pleasing and righteous or holy life unto your maker, yet it's like your life is being played on a realistic screen as though you're the worst sinner on earth because of what you're going through? Have you ever felt confused about God at à point because of your expectations from Him? Have you ever felt betrayed by God because you know how much you love Him and you've proved it even in your secret life when no one's looking?

What am I trying to say? Are you in a position where you ask God, why? Why me?

Well, these are the things Christians don't want to talk about or they try to hide. Especially those who give their all to God.

Let's talk about these things and encourage one another in Christ. Let's not act like Job's friends who gave a counsel in a way not pleasing to God, only to increase the pain of Job.

For those in such situations, I recommend a book by Dr. James Dobson titled, holding on to your faith even WHEN GOD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

I will only share the chapter one here and I wish you get a copy of the book so you can go through all the chapters and understand the Christian journey, what it means to carry your cross and follow Christ and also understand the Christian journey is not all about bread and butter, sugar and tea.

Trust in God through the storms. Neither life nor death, neither pain nor joy should separate you from God.

Just like Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego, we will say with determination and willingness in our hearts, that even if God DOESN'T rescue us (not that He CAN'T) , we would not bow to any other gods neither would we bow to self.

Remain in Christ as I share chapter one with you. And those who have read the book before can also contribute if you want to. May the sacrifice of Christ not be in vain in our lives. Amen!
I will also recommed 'Where is God When iy Hurts?' By Philip Yancey.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmanystone: 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
MrPresident1:

Sir, you are talking to a 19yrs old secondary school kid probably with a stolen phone. When he is out feeding himself then you can cinsider him really stupid, but now, he still feeds from home. Ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmanystone: 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2018
Another i will recommed is the Sovereignty of God. Arthur W. Pink.

God can do what ever he pleases to whoever, whatever, whereever, however. We are His properties. If He decides you die immidiately you are born, you die. Besides, there's no death in the real sense.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmytes(m): 12:40am On Jan 30, 2018
Emmanystone:

Sir, you are talking to a 19yrs old secondary school kid probably with a stolen phone. When he is out feeding himself then you can cinsider him really stupid, but now, he still feeds from home. Ignore him.

Lame

So this is the defense you can come up with. You fanatics are always quick to curse/insult people who refuse to be brainwashed into believing in fairy tales and myth but it doesn't change a thing.

Let your imaginary God defend himself for once, is he dumb ?!? Your God is dead and I'll shout it to the end of the earth if need be.

Deal with it. cheesy
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmanystone: 7:41am On Jan 30, 2018
Emmytes:

Lame

So this is the defense you can come up with. You fanatics are always quick to curse/insult people who refuse to be brainwashed into believing in fairy tales and myth but it doesn't change a thing.

Let your imaginary God defend himself for once, is he dumb ?!? Your God is dead and I'll shout it to the end of the earth if need be.

Deal with it. cheesy
You are insignificant in the scheme of things. What you do or say doesn't count in your own immediate family circle, what makes you think it will matter here? Get lost.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by frank317: 8:46am On Jan 30, 2018
Emmanystone:

You are insignificant in the scheme of things. What you do or say doesn't count in your own immediate family circle, what makes you think it will matter here? Get lost.

Oh most significant one in the scheme of things. You are so much more important because you believe the creator of the world started off in isreal and sent his son as a jew ro die for you african. You are so important to your creator God that you have to have a thread where u encourage one another on how to deal with the sufferings both u and the unimportant ones experience here on earth.
Read more read more! "The sovereignty of God" "where is God when it hurts" figure ur God out in ur head and manage ur sufferings while u feel most important in the scheme of things.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmytes(m): 9:52am On Jan 30, 2018
Emmanystone:

i feel your pain

It hurts to be told how weak and powerless your Imaginary sky daddy really is. This thought scares you more than the thought of hell itself. I used to be like you until I grew some brain. Your god is a farce, a character invented by humans to control half wits like you.

He should speak for himself but he won't cause his deaf, dumb and dead.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
I can't seem to complete the first chapter. The anti-spam bot keeps hating on me and it's kind of making me suspicious. I'm just tired of trying to type over and over again. Nairaland is not doing justice to me and this has been going on for weeks now if not months.

I think I should give up commenting at this juncture.

FFor Christians, I do not mean you should accept the level you are when you don't like it, fight your way through, trust God through it, remember His promises and think back on everything He's done for you that you can't deny His Godliness but don't ever let the reason for leaving God be because He never yielded to your expectations.

We should know God makes sense even when we think He doesn't.

Please try get the book and read and you'll understand better.

Love wins. Love is the secret.

Therefore love God with all your heart and soul and everything within you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWJAlC-9xY
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by GenghisAlexa1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
Which God you dey fight for. You know say all these Gods for book ehn, all of them na contestant grin
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
Emmanystone:

I will also recommed 'Where is God When it Hurts?' By Philip Yancey.

TThanks big sis. I've missed you.

Let me reply the new year greetings here. I saw it yesterday. Sorry I couldn't reply on time. I'm just tired of the bans which is so unnecessary because it discouraged and discourages me from commenting.

I wish you a year of uncontainable love, outstanding joy and indescribable peace. May this year bless you with an exceedingly stand out testimony like never before in Jesus name Amen!

Will go grab that book now. Thanks
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by bennyann: 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2018
You can download the chapter one below my signature

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by StevieGee27: 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
MrPresident1:

You are actually showing yourself as the brainwashed idiot. You believe in this imaginary angry thing, but have no proof about its existence whatsoever. Talking about fools, some parents are proven fools and some are not. Because our parents believe in god means the children have to believe in it? Your great grand parents must be fools then for believing in Traditional gods and your parents must also be fools for not following in their footstep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by esere827: 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
bennyann:

God doesnt make sense?
hmmmm. Not really

"The information or knowledge" we have about God is what does not make sense.
For example, If you were told that after fasting God will answer your prayer. You fasted and God did not answer your prayers, that means that the information that was given to you was incorrect.

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by MrPresident1: 8:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
StevieGee27:

You are actually showing yourself as the brainwashed idiot. You believe in this imaginary angry thing, but have no proof about its existence whatsoever. Talking about fools, some parents are proven fools and some are not. Because our parents believe in god means the children have to believe in it? Your great grand parents must be fools then for believing in Traditional gods and your parents must also be fools for not following in their footstep.

All your entire generations right from the first ape that mated with the first dog to give birth to your lineage forebears are cursed beyond redemption.

Anuofia

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmanystone: 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
bennyann:

TThanks big sis. I've missed you.

Let me reply the new year greetings here. I saw it yesterday. Sorry I couldn't reply on time. I'm just tired of the bans which is so unnecessary because it discouraged and discourages me from commenting.

I wish you a year of uncontainable love, outstanding joy and indescribable peace. May this year bless you with an exceedingly stand out testimony like never before in Jesus name Amen!

Will go grab that book now. Thanks
Thanks beloved little sister. Happy New Year. May the Lord be your portion this year.

My autocorrect is hyperactive. Sorry for the typos. 'Where is God When it Hurts' was what i meant

1 Like

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
budaatum:
Read already. Life, as well as death, happens to everyone no matter how much god one yells.

Not true.
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Ishilove: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
MrPresident1:

All your entire generations right from the first ape that mated with the first dog to give birth to your lineage forebears are cursed beyond redemption.

Anuofia
What da...!??

Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2018
MrPresident1:

The emboldened cracked me up big time....
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ishilove:

What da...!??

Be like say na this bros go dey charge for front on that good vs evil battle at the end of time ooo, in short na two swords him go carry! grin grin
Re: God Doesn't Make Sense! by Emmytes(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
MrPresident1:

Anuofia

Damn

His comment must have really hit you hard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp / Popes Worship A Black Jesus In Private - Shocking Picture Evidence. / Who Is This Joseph Ayo Babalola - Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.