Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! (23462 Views)

Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria / Any Fans Of Rock Music On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sirwebs(m): 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hip-pop cnt hold a candle up for Rock.
Rock is a higher, purer form of music.
And U2 is the best of them all.
A concert in naija will flop.
Jamming U2's "Beautiful day" now.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by efepro(m): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
sirwebs:

Hip-pop cnt hold a candle up for Rock.
Rock is a higher, purer form of music.
And U2 is the best of them all.
A concert in naija will flop.
Jamming U2's "Beautiful day" now.
For me,Rock music is d highest,bcuz d lyrics,d video and everything about it unique and out of dis world, As a rock fan u shouldn't place a particular Artiste or band above otherz.They r all exceptionally gud, it's not easy to produce rock music with 80% Analog.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
You guys rock! Hi folks, it feels good to know that there're rock fans among nigerians! Ever since i heard soundtrack to home alone as a kid, i became an instant fan. One Tree Hill and The OC also got to me since they featured lots of alternate rock and indie in their soundtracks. In addition to the other bands you guys mentioned, I'm really into Breaking Benjamin, Alice In Chains, Sick Puppies, Rise Against, Three Days Grace, Seether, Sevendust, Theory Of A Deadman, Greenday, Linkin Park, U2, 311, and all the artists on the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Album, Etcetera, nicki laoye and frank edwards ( who sings like Chad Kroeger of Nickelback) are nigerians doing ok in alternative rock.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sizzlers(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pls can anybody give link on how to get those genre of rock musics used in the movie "ONE THREE HILL." I love rock, rock is pure. Rock is natural, it explains things beyound immagination.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by BlueMagic2(m): 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2010
Yeah! Am a big rock fan, love d music cos at times its soul searchin @amya i feel u. Am a huge fan of Nickelback d group from canada, Likin park, am beginning to feel The Kings of Leon, always loved Aerosmith, Avil Lavigne, Cold Play, The coors, but my best rock group will always be Nickel Back they "Remind Me" of sumtin. Keep Rockin Y'all!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by octar6: 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2010
@sweetmadam,
na u get the koko.u just mentioned some of the best ever rock musicians and band.bryan adams,robbie williams,kiss, abi na metallica that guy is 2 good.john lenon,white snakes,posionuos scorpions,match box 20,hot chilli pepper,rod stewart,, the list is just endless. nothing fake about rock its all about originality. grin
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by kaypumpin2(m): 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2010
My all time greatest rock band?Bon Jovi,followed closely by Cold play.Love Evanescence,Nickelback,Avril Lavingne and Oasis too.

Can Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams be considered as rock singers?Loved that song they did alongside Sting.

I am a ROCK fan but not a die hard and i prefer when they go melodious.

Listening to Aerosmith's Don't wanna miss a thing cool
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by octar6: 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
][yep man,
rod stewart and bryan adams sing slow rock. na them b 1 or the old rock celebrates na.
just rememberd van halen for all them metal rock lovers.[/i]
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by chic2pimp(m): 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
Did someone just call Robbie Williams a Rock Artist? undecided

Why are y'all shocked Nigerians listen to Rock?
Those Dudes listen to all forms of music from Jazz to Soul, from Pop to R&B, From Soul to Rock.
You name them the lot.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ifrit(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2010
Wow! There are a lot of rockers in this country. I never knew people appreciated such bands like I've seen on here. But I must say anyone who shows any form of appreciation for Linkin Park is either a very mild-newly-introduced rocker or just doesn't know his/her rock.
If I can get a Tool fan here, I shall attempt to befriend that person to the point of awkwardness if a male or just plain marry that person, regardless of creed, if female.

Hey, my first ever post here  grin.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by skiido: 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2010
I live and breath rock. Me think aerosmith is out of this world.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sizzlers(m): 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
My spirit melts whenever i listens to cool ROCK 'n' ROLL like those featured in ONE THREE HILL. Can somebody tel me where to get those songs?
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by ayettymama(f): 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
i wont call myself a lover- but there is an annoying little girl that constantly bothers my ears with heavy metal noize!!

and is also dragging my arse to a rock concert this summer

i see we wont be the only nigerians there undecided undecided undecided

and they have been buzzing eva since!

i do love linkin park tho-
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by kaypumpin2(m): 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2010
chic2pimp:

Did someone just call Robbie Williams a Rock Artist? undecided

Oh missed that,how can Robbie be a rock artist?Love the dude to bits though,his escapology album rocks like mad(pun intended)

Come undone,Feel,Something beautiful,Monsoon. . . i mean,how many good songs can a single album pack?

I don't want to die
But I ain't keen on living either
Before I fall in love
I'm preparing to leave her
I scare myself to death
That's why I keep on running
Before I've arrived
I can see myself coming

Robbie William . . . Feel
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by cashmentor(m): 9:45pm On Apr 19, 2010
"i Got a Feeling" by black eye peas, rocks till Dawn! I'm not a rock fan, nor a rock Freak! I think i'm ROCK!  Maybe my middle name should be rock! You guys have done a wonderful job naming all the "Crème de la Crème" even those completely strange to me, yet i thort i knew them all, There is something special about two genres of music, Rock and Gosple! I think there is a spiritual force behind both (pardon me if i'm wrong). I can not xplain it buh, i feel it sooo hard, Just resently i realizd my Don Moen is gradualy becoming a rock Gosple art (check out his last two albums). Also Michael .W Smith, Grehong etc. even 9ice is gradually mising rock to his tracks ("PETE PETE" no idea wat it means tho)  All other genres may fizzle out, but rock wil never die. Even Angels are rockStars!!! Rock 'a fella Babe!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sizzlers(m): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2010
Blue Magic:

Yeah! Am a big rock fan, love d music cos at times its soul searchin @amya i feel u. Am a huge fan of Nickelback d group from canada, Likin park, am beginning to feel The Kings of Leon, always loved Aerosmith, Avil Lavigne, Cold Play, The coors, but my best rock group will always be Nickel Back they "Remind Me" of sumtin. Keep Rockin Y'all!
do u know where i can get those songs in the east.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by octar6: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
u see,rock music comes in different packages,according to the personality involved.
from very slow,to slow,hard rock,soft,metals,heavy metals etc.
but the truth is rock music can b addicitive and destructive,cos of its lyrical contents and some sort of spirits associted with these songs especially metal rock.
I have been into rock since my child hood from about 6 or so. I really love anything called rock music.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by sizzlers(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2010
cashmentor:

"i Got a Feeling" by black eye peas, rocks till Dawn! I'm not a rock fan, nor a rock Freak! I think i'm ROCK!  Maybe my middle name should be rock! You guys have done a wonderful job naming all the "Crème de la Crème" even those completely strange to me, yet i thort i knew them all,  There is something special about two genres of music,  Rock and Gosple! I think there is a spiritual force behind both (pardon me if i'm wrong). I can not xplain it buh, i feel it sooo hard,  Just resently i realizd my Don Moen is gradualy becoming a rock Gosple art (check out his last two albums). Also Michael .W Smith, Grehong etc. even 9ice is gradually mising rock to his tracks ("PETE PETE" no idea wat it means tho)  All other genres may fizzle out, but rock wil never die. Even Angels are rockStars!!! Rock 'a fella Babe!
really there is something special/spiritual behind rock.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ifrit(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2010
cashmentor:

"i Got a Feeling" by black eye peas, rocks till Dawn! I'm not a rock fan, nor a rock Freak! I think i'm ROCK!  Maybe my middle name should be rock! You guys have done a wonderful job naming all the "Crème de la Crème" even those completely strange to me, yet i thort i knew them all,  There is something special about two genres of music,  Rock and Gosple! I think there is a spiritual force behind both (pardon me if i'm wrong). I can not xplain it buh, i feel it sooo hard,  Just resently i realizd my Don Moen is gradualy becoming a rock Gosple art (check out his last two albums). Also Michael .W Smith, Grehong etc. even 9ice is gradually mising rock to his tracks ("PETE PETE" no idea wat it means tho)  All other genres may fizzle out, but rock wil never die. Even Angels are rockStars!!! Rock 'a fella Babe!

Dude, Black Eyed Peas is NOT rock. Neither is anyone else you mentioned.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by egbonninja: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2010
the only rock band in nigeria yhat is close to it is thread stone, others dont have NAFDAC number.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Amya(f): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2010
sizzlers:

My spirit melts whenever i listens to cool ROCK 'n' ROLL like those featured in ONE THREE HILL. Can somebody tel me where to get those songs?
rock 'n' roll is completely different genre of music. It's danceable, rock is not. You can only stump and shake your head to hard rock. Most of the songs used on one tree hill are rock songs.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by cashmentor(m): 10:42pm On Apr 19, 2010
sizzlers:

really there is something special/spiritual behind rock.
yes! Rock is the best of the best and i can't do wit out' em. @sizlers, may be u need some glasses, i NEVER called Black eye peas a rock band O! I only " i got a feeling" which is unquestionably a rock track, is hot! Then again maybe u need to listen to Don Moen's last two albums (Hidding place and I believe there is more) and look into my eyes then tel me those are not cool Rock Gosples beats. Even 9ice is now using the Guitar more in his cool beats! Mind you, "never called them rockstars, but they have some cool rock tracks! I doubt if u know what is calld rock? Its not just about linkin park and coldplay or any other popula art, but its about the Beats, the lyrics and the tempo. (hardcore or simple and kool)
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Shola2009(m): 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
^^ sry bruv,i got a feeeling by BEP is sooooooooooo nt a rock,

i see mst ppl naming a few artists here that arn't rockers,eg Robbie Williams. . .he's pop, britpop,he jus acts and dresses like a rocker.

Glad to see a lot of rock fans coming out. .i mean i always knew they were alot. .but in the end there are rockers. and there are rockers!! nt ppl who like rock cus they heard it in one tree hill,no offense. smiley
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Amya(f): 11:02pm On Apr 19, 2010
egbonninja:

the only rock band in nigeria yhat is close to it is thread stone, others dont have NAFDAC number.

guys like djinee, rooftop mc's, ecetera sing rock, but they don't operate rock bands. Nigeria rock singers have not yet evolved into the hard rock metal stuff. They are still comfortable with the mainstream soft rock.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by DrLecter: 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
Ah, its fantastic 2 knw there are rock fans like moi out there! As 4 me, i do Linkin Park, Nickelback, Fort Minor, Korn, U2, Evanescence, Kelly Clarkson and a lil bit of Coldplay plus evry other rock song dats xplosive!
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ sizzlers, all songs heard one tree hill are compiled on the soundtrack mix CD, The Road Mix: One Tree Hill 1 - 6. You can also get them via limewire or ares galaxy. Featured songs in the series are performed by artistes/bands such as bethany joy galleoti, tyler hilton, gavin degraw, story of the year, jimmy eat world, angels and airwaves, kate voegele, fall out boy, maroon 5, five for fighting, erin mccarley, stereophonics, new amsterdams, the perishers, phantom planet, junk, sherly crow, all american rejects, and a lot more. As a huge fan, i keep a big collection of songs heard on the series.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ sizzlers, all songs heard one tree hill are compiled on the soundtrack mix CD, The Road Mix: One Tree Hill 1 - 6. You can also get them via limewire or ares galaxy. Featured songs in the series are performed by artistes/bands such as bethany joy galleoti, tyler hilton, gavin degraw, story of the year, jimmy eat world, angels and airwaves, kate voegele, fall out boy, maroon 5, five for fighting, erin mccarley, stereophonics, new amsterdams, the perishers, phantom planet, junk, sherly crow, all american rejects, and a lot more. As a huge fan, i keep a big collection of songs heard on the series.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by saviola77(m): 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2010
it's good to know that lots of peeps here are into rock.  well for me, i feel a certain sense of ease whenever i listen to rock songs. Coldplay, u2, kelly clarkson,  my favs  smiley smiley
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Ifrit(m): 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
Shola2009:

^^ sry bruv,i got a feeeling by BEP is sooooooooooo nt a rock,

i see mst ppl naming a few artists here that arn't rockers,eg Robbie Williams. . .he's pop, britpop,he jus acts and dresses like a rocker.

Glad to see a lot of rock fans coming out. .i mean i always knew they were alot. .but in the end there are rockers. and there are rockers!! nt ppl who like rock cus they heard it in one tree hill,no offense. smiley

My sentiments exactly
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Shaunscot(m): 12:11am On Apr 20, 2010
Ifrit:

Dude, Black Eyed Peas is NOT rock. Neither is anyone else you mentioned.

I beg to disagree(not fully).

Black Eyed Peas might not be rock but they have a good rock track.

Listen to the Elephunk album again.Track 12 (Anxiety) is one bad ass rock track.

That album has an infusion of almost all genre's of music.

Im ready to share my collection with anybody though I havent updated my collection in a while except the artist really impresses me (like Plain white T's)
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by boomii(f): 12:28am On Apr 20, 2010
A core ROCK fan,nothing can replace nickleback, coldplay or avril lavigne ,e.t.c anytime any day.
Re: For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 20, 2010
I personally listen to every genre except any type of metal, thrash or death, those do not appeal to me.

I love rock but only listen to just Linkin' Park since i got lots of their albums on my iPhone. I love all their albums, from Hybrid Theory, Meteora down to Collision Course. Then again, i like the kid Mike Shinoda a lot, so that could explain it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Rising Artists Music Listeners Should Keep A Tab On In 2021 / Top Radio Shows In Lagos/Nigeria? / Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.