Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,071 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria (9026 Views)

Universities Awarding Degrees In Less Than 6 Months, PhD Below 1 Year - NUC / Five Inmates Of Kirikiri Prison Bag University Degrees From National Open Uni. / People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by NewswazobiaNG: 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
The total number of about 430 Prisoners across Nigeria was recorded to be pursuing various degree programmes at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).

As part of the new reformations which is being exhibited by the Federal Government, the prisoners were allowed to apply for their course of choice and would definitely be enrolled into the University to.

More @ https://newswazobia.com/2018/01/30/430-prisoners-pursuing-university-degrees-in-national-open-university-of-nigeria/

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by NewswazobiaNG: 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by ayoncox: 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
I love this but would have preferred they are taught soft skills instead

7 Likes

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by DONSMITH123(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
NICE ONE
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by seyizma(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by KinzyeWriter(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
Haha, That's good ke
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Riwolizzy: 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2018
Interesting...
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by juwoonn(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
Wawu! Good stuff
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
People no too like National Open University now una wan kuku spoil d name finish

1 Like

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Amirullaha(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nice move...
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by binsanni(m): 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
chai

1 Like

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by sunbbo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good one.
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by daylae(m): 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
good development. prisons shouldn't be for people to rot away but for rehabilitation.
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by TwentyOnePilots(m): 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
Till then...
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by free2ryhme: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
NewswazobiaNG:
The total number of about 430 Prisoners across Nigeria was recorded to be pursuing various degree programmes at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).

As part of the new reformations which is being exhibited by the Federal Government, the prisoners were allowed to apply for their course of choice and would definitely be enrolled into the University to.

More @ https://newswazobia.com/2018/01/30/430-prisoners-pursuing-university-degrees-in-national-open-university-of-nigeria/

Good one
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by akanbiebenezer(m): 2:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good development
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2018
Where dey wan use the certificate go. Tomorrow they will b reminded they were Once an Ex-convict.

1 Like

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Greatzeus(m): 2:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good side is they get a second chance to be who they want to be,they might have been drawn to crime for reasons like parental neglect,peer group pressure,materialism promoted by media etc
Bad side is,educating an unrepentant criminal makes him smarter,and more sophisticated to catch by the security agencies
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Material00: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nice one
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by biggerboyc(m): 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2018
In my own opinion, this is a waste of time in Nigeria. If you have a criminal record it will be extremely difficult to use the result for a meaningful employment. It will have been better if they learn trade, business or skill.
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2018
Charmerbeautylooks:
Where dey wan use the certificate go. Tomorrow they will b reminded they were Once an Ex-convict.

The essence of university education is to produce Job creators and not job seeker........... They may actually come out, start something and end up employing model citizen to work for them.............. anything is possible

1 Like

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by OkorojiE: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good day Sir/Ma

I am sorry for disturbing your peace, please bear with me.
I am a 400L student of FUTO, and studying Architecture. Please I need your help. The school management said that tomorrow, 31st of Jan. is the final day for paying of school fees.

The school fees actually is #45,700 for my department. I have tried to raise the money but to no avail. I am on self support and mainly freelance to help myself, but this year, its not been fruitful. I tried selling my phone for #20,000 but the buyer don't have the money at the moment. Please I need your help. After tomorrow, the school will add #10,000 on it for late payment, which will be too big.
Please sir/ma, anything you can do will help. Here is my email if you need evidences from me emmanuelouk@gmail.com

Please help me pay the school fees. God bless you. Thank you.

Here is my account details

Diamond Bank
Emmanuel

Thank you again.

2 Likes

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by NewswazobiaNG: 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
biggerboyc:
In my own opinion, this is a waste of time in Nigeria. If you have a criminal record it will be extremely difficult to use the result for a meaningful employment. It will have been better if they learn trade, business or skill.

You are right but certificate matters alot. They just get the certificate and go forward to meet up with the needs of learning trade. Learning trade and using certificate as backup will be nice. bet me its a nice idea.

1 Like

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by tolad4(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
angry
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
Ok
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by internetpo(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
Great news.
So sweet.
Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by davillian(m): 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
You people want them to join the unemployed.
Better teach them hand work.
because if they search for job for 1yr na back to crime str8

1 Like

Re: 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria by Iheomabuchi: 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
So will the prisoners be studying from their prison cells, or they will be going for lectures in black-maria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

At LASU, Frst Class Is Not Cheap, Says Vice Chancellor / Nigerian Universities 2011/2012 Post Utme/ume Screening Dates / General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.