Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (47258 Views)

TEMI {MINE} All About True Love And True Betrayal! By Temioluwa Kenny / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Fierce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
Cadec007:
hahahahahaha
lol
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
Cadec007:
Thanks for the update
You're welcome sire, Thanks for following*
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by lonewolf23(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
BiadeFolar:
KTBFF!
i will,always
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ghen Ghen Ghen Ghen. The show has just begun. Wehdone boss

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:28am On Feb 15, 2018
Good Morning beautiful people, How did Valentine go? As for me, I enjoyed it watching UCL and my fav team in Spain won!

SIXTEEEN

Hadiza could not tell which her best moment with Jaye was. When they first kissed or when they became Facebook friends. The friend request felt like an invitation to paradise. Facebook friend request never brought butterflies into your stomach like this. She had had nothing to be happy about since the accident. She lost her dad and thought she had lost her boyfriend too.

The accident effectively made sure her plans to meet him when she went for service was aborted. She was in coma when her colleagues were registering so she was not mobilized. Her family would not approve of any travel out of Yobe state when she was finally ready for NYSC, they made sure she served in Damaturu and she worried was about Jaye all the time.

“Poor guy, he is somewhere ceaselessly calling my number getting himself worried,” she would tell her friend Emem.

“Don’t be too sure. Boys are full of drama. Maybe he has moved on since, you never can tell.” Emem would reply.

“I can’t blame you since you don’t know him.” she would conclude.

They had the same conversation every time. Emem would urge her to move on, and she would ask why she should move on if her boyfriend had not. Emem could only play along.

“Maybe you should retrieve your old line” she suggested.

If the old line was active maybe Jaye would call her on it someday. The suggestion was considered but didn’t work. The line couldn’t be retrieved since she couldn’t provide the necessary information requested. She tried her possible best but couldn’t find a link. She didn’t know his phone number by heart; she took it just a day before she travelled. She had searched for him on social media platforms. The frustration and heartache was always obvious and she always prayed for God to charge.

One can understand the magnitude of the Facebook connection. The relief she felt when she finally secured or thought she had finally secured contact with her man again was the size of Mount Kilimanjaro, maybe even bigger.

Her happiness clouded her sense of observation and conclusion about the man at the other side of the web. He man seemed so different. He rarely remembered things… important things they shared, he didn’t joke like he used to. Even his voice had gotten deeper.

She chose not worry about the change. The dude must have gone through hell too. She imagined how tough the separation must have been on him. She had to be patience to allow him heal.

“Maybe I’m the one that even needs to heal. I was in coma for God-knows-how-long. Maybe I’m over assuming things.” she told herself.

It was a matter of time before Ali grew into the character he was impersonating. With what she fetched from their everyday conversation and feeds from Rihanat, he was armoured enough to make sure Hadiza didn’t get suspicious.

The situation between the real Jaye and Rihanat was not dissimilar to what existed between Ali and Hadiza. Everything seemed perfect but only two out of four knew it wasn’t, but they calculated it was going to be soon. They too exchanged information regularly. Ali told Rihanat what Hadiza was up to, and all the ABC so that she would not mess up their impersonation business. Rihanat did the same.

Since Hadiza would not be allowed to leave Yobe at least until after her NYSC, Jaye offered to come visiting but Hadiza, (Rihanat actually) warned him against it.

“My family won’t allow it, we may as well be jeopardizing any future chance of escape. A Yoruba boy is the last thing they should see now.” She warned him.

Jaye understood and was ready to wait a little more.

“I waited real long to get here, I can wait more.” He agreed.

Soon after that, Jaye resigned from his teaching job at Boulevard and returned home first to his mum, emotional mum. She was like a mother whose soldier son just returned from the Sambisa. She was relieved and happy.

“Never disappear on me like that… ever again” she begged him.

“Not to disappear on you again, I promise. But I can’t guarantee that I won’t leave.” He assured his mum.

A week later, he returned to his ‘smellows, more like slies’ but exceptionally happy friends.

NEXT DROP IS HERE http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-17/

THE WHOLE STUFF IS HERE https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

HAVE A SPLENDID DAY!

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2018
Huh. Still following. Baba ur hand work embarassed

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:54am On Feb 15, 2018
heryoub22:
Huh. Still following. Baba ur hand work embarassed

Boss!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 11:10am On Feb 15, 2018
Adams is sure making a big mistake.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2018
bimberry1307:
Adams is sure making a big mistake.

only if he knows!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2018
Still ur faithful follower boss

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2018
BiadeFolar:
As for me, I enjoyed watching UCL and my fav team in Spain won!

CONGRA

TULATIONS!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
BiadeFolar:
As for me, I enjoyed watching UCL and my fav team in Spain won!

CONGRA
TULATIONS!

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
Cadec007:
Still ur faithful follower boss

You gallant bro!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author=Cadec007 post=65087918][/quote]

Thanza
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:37am On Feb 16, 2018
GOOD MORNING GOD'S PEOPLE, HERE WE GO!

SEVENTEEN

Adams boasted in his customary loud voice about how great a diplomat he was.

“I went on the mission bring-back-our-Jaye and see… success!” he boasted to his friends.

“You better stick to your office work before you get arrested for espionage on your next trip.” David said and everyone reacted with some big laughs.

Life returned to normal… to the way it used to be before Jaye went for service, only that this time there were some little differences. Jaye was scouting for jobs and Rihanat was no more his girl. Other things remained the same; they went to PDF on weekends, David and Adams returned to their hobby-attempting to arrange bimbos for their friend but like always, they failed.

Rihanat had gone silent. She withdrew herself from the group and the group understood or thought they did. They believed she was like that because she was hurt and heartbroken. But far from heartache, she had a strategic reason. She couldn’t afford to be found out by Jaye, he could notice her voice or get hold of her phone and see stuffs. She would not let that happen.

Bisi did not know this Strategic reason but she equally withdrew herself from the group in solidarity with her friend. That wouldn’t stop her from seeing David of course.

Ali before that moment had been a rebel son to his rich dad who had always wanted him to take charge of his business to allow him more space to nurture his political ambitions. Now that he had found an exciting purpose, he felt good to return home.

Everything had fallen or seemed to have fallen in their rightful place. The plan was going sleek smooth. The next plan was to do the real switch but that had to wait till Hadiza had her travel ban lifted.

_ _ _

Every passing month of Hadiza’s service year seemed like years for all parties involved in the love tangle. When she eventually finished, Adams and his cohorts began to push for the completion of their task. Hence, Ali in Jaye’s image of course, started piling pressure on Hadiza to come to him in Ibadan, while Rihanat called for Jaye to come meet her in Akwanga. Neither Hadiza nor Jaye questioned one another; it didn’t matter who went to whom, they just had to meet.

Jaye had been waiting for this moment, the moment he would be seeing Hadiza again. With all eagerness he left for Akwanga, rehearsing in the bus the things he would say to her.

Hadiza on the other hand didn’t have it that easy. She had to straddle stormy family waters and rebel against her family. She lied that she had gained admission for her M.Sc. program in the University she graduated from in Osun state, yet her uncle adamantly insisted that she stayed back.

“Anything you want, I’ll give you. Just stay here,” her uncle remained strong on her decision not to let her go.

“You cannot make my decisions for me. That’s the only school I will consider” she stubbornly insisted, surprising herself.

She hadn’t spoken like that to anyone older than her before. Perhaps, she hadn’t had the pressing need to use the other side of her tongue like she did. Whatever it was that made her spoke that way did not stop her, she said more and infuriated his uncle to the max.

“If you are not a bastard, you will obey my command.” Uncle spat.

“You’re not my father.” She fired back.

“Tor! Get out of my house and never come back, you spoilt brat. I don’t know who advised your stupid father to school a girl child to the university level, now see the result.” He angrily lamented.

She was glad to hear him say those words. She couldn’t wait to get out of his bondage. He never regarded her as a valuable ward. After all, she was just a girl. Bride price was the most she could fetch him. He was already listening to offers and would sell her to the highest bidder. This had made her detest him already and ultimately fuelled her outburst. She was glad to be free finally. She couldn’t wait to see her boo.

By the time she reached Ibadan and Jaye reached Akwanga. She called her supposed Jaye, and Jaye called his supposed Hadiza. It was at this stage that the sucker punch of Adams plan was executed. Jaye got a message that shattered him to the bones.

“Hey! u must be in Akwanga now. I deliberately made u waste ur time & energy. u must be stupid 2 think I still lov u. u abandoned me wen it mattered most. Ali is my true love, I was harsh 2 him yet he still cares. u? You didn’t see me, you didn’t care. I am very happy with him please never attempt to reach me again.

That long journey of yours, I made you go on it to teach you a lesson, though it didn’t measure to the hatred I have for you, but it related.”

Hadiza got the same message, only Rihanat replaced Ali, Ibadan replaced Akwanga in the text. She told herself not to believe a word of it but she disobeyed her own orders. She believed every word of it and the shock almost killed her. She went down and fainted in the midst of the Iwo road hawkers and travellers.

They (Ali especially) didn’t plan it to turn out that bad but it perfectly worked in their favour. Ali had positioned himself in a place where he could see her before he sent the text. So it was easy for him to see her go down there in the crowd. She was moved to a clinic where she regained her consciousness.

The last person she called was contacted to inform him of the development but he told them he didn’t care if she died. That call sowed her genuine seed of hatred for Jaye. Thankfully enough, Ali ‘coincidentally’ saw her and paid her hospital bills.

Jaye almost had the similar experience but his mind, body and soul saved the good people of Akwanga the stress of carrying an unconscious man. Instead of him falling unconscious, something else fell- his sanity. He was so mad at himself that hatred, love, confusion, clarity, certainty, doubt, all at the same time found spots in his heart.

His mind simply got messed up. He could kill a man at that moment, but he didn’t. Instead, he like walked to the park like a zombie and got a return bus home. All was over. He craved death.

“This will surely be a night journey I pray the bus got involved in an accident, and I didn’t survive it.” He hoped or prayed.

considering how much heart he put into that desire, one can only conclude that it was the counter prayer by his co-travellers that averted an accident. Though his payer was not answered, he looked dead on arrival in Osogbo. He was as sick as an epidemic. His first night in Ede was on a hospital bed, where Rihanat took her chance.

Ali appeared like an angel to save Hadiza from the jaws of death. He gave her comfortable shelter and consolation.

“It’s a pity, the one you gave your heart to, came bearing a dagger to stab you.” He told her anytime he had the chance just to engrave Jaye’s hatred on her heart the more.

She was still albeit slowly coming to terms with the development and would weigh every word with blank analysis and eventually let out a sigh.

She regretted ever disobeying his uncle. At least he was sincere about intentions. He was more humane than the monster, Jaye. Well now, she had to move on as soon as possible unless she wanted to brood to death. She wouldn’t return home. No, her ego won’t allow that. She wasn’t a liability, she had a degree. She just needed a job to start with.

Her job hunt was over before she even started. Ali’s Dad offered her a position in his company. Accompanying the job was an apartment and a car. Ali made sure she was treated like a queen. He showed her great care and delicate affection.

Hadiza was not blind to the fire in his eyes. The man was in love with her and she knew it. The only problem was her own heart. It had shut down since Jaye, never to open for another man again.

Read EIGHTEEN here http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-18/

Read full piece here https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

Have a fun filled weekend! grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2018
Men this people get mind oo...chai

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2018
pu7pl3:
Men this people get mind oo...chai

My sister that's people for you o... Son of Adam is capable of evil as he's capable of good!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by DemiKOL(f): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2018
Chai!
See life.
Na the person wey know you dey do you....
Na by force to love?

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:35am On Feb 16, 2018
DemiKOL:
Chai!

See life.

Na the person wey know you dey do you....

Na by force to love?

My sister I fear o

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 11:18am On Feb 16, 2018
Bro i am just short of words......my best friend? hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm..........if i ever find out you are dead meat.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Haykinx98(m): 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
Interesting....
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
BiadeFolar:

My sister that's people for you o... Son of Adam is capable of evil as he's capable of good!

Yes oo my sister
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cadec007:
Bro i am just short of words......my best friend? hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm..........if i ever find out you are dead meat.
Me too oh, is there even anyome who can take that?
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
Haykinx98:
Interesting....
Thanks
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Me too oh, is there even anyome who can take that?
definitely not me!! I wont take it not even as a prank!!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
pu7pl3:

Yes oo my sister
lol, I sense the sacarsm bro, don't blame me too much... You'd see I've made the gender mistake a lot on this thread* I am blind to gender sir!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cadec007:
definitely not me!! I wont take it not even as a prank!!
Well, since the Jaye man is not me nor you, we have to wait and see*
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Well, since the Jaye man is not me nor you, we have to wait and see*
yes o oya kwantinue
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by itsandi(m): 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2018
BiadeFolar:

lol, I sense the sacarsm bro, don't blame me too much... You'd see I've made the gender mistake a lot on this thread* I am blind to gender sir!

No problem bro

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2018
I don vex

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by horlah005: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
Damn....what a world!
Nice one bruv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter / Love In A Circle / Heartstrings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.