Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up (31527 Views)

Herbalist Impersonates GMD NNPC, Femi Adesina, Others, Dupes Foreigner Of N30m / Vulcanizer Pours Fuel On A Mad Man, Sets Him Ablaze In Asaba (Graphic Photos) / Alfa Dupes Lady Of N500,000 After Engaging Her In ‘Sex Deliverance’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by arinze198(m): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2018
A suspected conman, Eruagah ThankGod has been arrested after he duped his bosom friend, Vitalis Darlinton to the tune of N2.4m and set him up at the computer village in Lagos.

The incident happened in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, where both the suspect and the victim resided. But the suspect tricked the victim to Lagos and set him up at the computer village in Ikeja, Lagos.

P.M.EXPRESS scooped that Darlinton had informed ThankGod that he had raised enough money to travel abroad for greener pastures. It was when ThankGod discovered that the victim actually had such huge money that he promised to assist him to procure travel documents.

It was gathered that after the victim gave him the money, he procured fake travel documents and brought him to Lagos having convinced him that he had already paid for the ticket for his travelling.

However, when they got to Lagos, Thankgod paid for an accommodation in a hotel at Iyana Ipaja area where they lodged. The next day, he took Darlington to computer village to buy a phone as he would travel the next day.

When they got to Computer Village, he bargained for a phone for N100,000 and told the owner of the phone that he wanted to withdraw money from a bank nearby and that Darlinton will wait behind at the store he returned from the bank. He collected the phone and pretended as if he was going to the bank but escaped to Ikotun to sell the phone.

He was unlucky after he had negotiated with the buyer who demanded for a receipt and he could not produce any. He was handed over to the police at Ikotun Division who detained and interrogated him.

Before then, Darlington has been rounded up in the market as a criminal and was about to be lynched after they had waited for ThankGod to no avail.
However, the victim was lucky as the police used ThankGod’s phone to call him. The victim picked the call and narrated to the police what ThankGod had done and that his life was in danger at the Computer Village.

The police then rushed down to Ikeja, rescued and brought him to the police station with the owner of shop, where the phone was recovered and given back to the owner.

During the interrogation, ThankGod confessed that he procured fake papers and as such the victim cannot travel abroad with the documents.
He was charged before Ejigbo Magistrates court for stealing the phone and for defrauding his friend.Govern to

He pleaded not guilty.

The Presiding Magistrate, Mr. F.J. Layeni granted ThankGod bail in the sum of N300,000 with two sureties in like sum.
He was remanded in prison custody pending when he will perfect his bail condition.
The matter has been adjourned till 28 February, 2018.

http://pmexpressng.com/man-dupes-friend-n2-4m-sets/

2 Shares

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 31, 2018
Pmexpress always scooped, gathered and report. cheesy

See con star. The fellow is not smart atall, street smartness is another thing.

Mainwhile lalasticlala and mynd44 why is Paddy Adenuga story not in this forum? You guys should do the needful and bring it to front page.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by pautex: 9:50am On Jan 31, 2018
SEE THEIR LIFE... they can do and undo

4 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Sarang(f): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2018
The rate of crimes in the country is alarming..
God help us honestly.. this game is no longer safe

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by tkpoint2(m): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2018
Too smart for his own Hurt. undecided

Eagles rarely fail to catch their prey.
They usually kill it quickly by breaking its neck with their powerful claws.

Stephen Kinzer

1 Like

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Bayajidda1: 9:50am On Jan 31, 2018
grin
Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Missanneb(m): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2018
God!!
Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by simplemach(m): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2018
Who know man.... na him dey kill am

3 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 31, 2018
Dog eat dog, police dey like this kain cases well well.
Both parties go drop, even shop owner.

13 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2018
End time friend...

7 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Mathematical(f): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2018
Seriously that story geh belle
Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by osemoses1234(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2018
People are wicked

3 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by PrettyN: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2018
May God save us from evil friends cry

2 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Proffdada: 9:52am On Jan 31, 2018
1st rule in business :No friends in business. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:53am On Jan 31, 2018
arinze198:

P.M.EXPRESS scooped that Darlinton had informed ThankGod that he had raised enough money to travel abroad for greener pastures. It was when ThankGod discovered that the victim actually had such huge money that he promised to assist him to procure travel documents.

It was gathered that after the victim gave him the money, he procured fake travel documents and brought him to Lagos having convinced him that he had already paid for the ticket for his travelling.

http://pmexpressng.com/man-dupes-friend-n2-4m-sets/

Be VERY careful who you trust.

I was happy for a friend when he got a good paying job after years of joblessness.

When i got mine, i tactically lied my salary was 15k higher when it was actually more than 150k more.

You need to see the fury and subsequent acts of harm he tried. That's how i lost a friend of 7 years.

45 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by qualityovenbake(m): 9:53am On Jan 31, 2018
Hard to find someone that is trustworthy these days.

1 Like

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by stano2(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2018
Trust no one

1 Like

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by NORSIYK(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2018
We should be careful of those we call our friends these days.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by adisabarber(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2018
No evil can ever befall a good man.

4 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by lizzypro: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2018
Idiots
Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Sijo01(f): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2018
Penny wise, pounds foolish.
Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by BTT(m): 9:57am On Jan 31, 2018
Mr Thankgod, Nothing 'Godly' about your attitude.

Thank God for the guy who refused to buy without a receipt. And the Darlington guy ''Chi" get power abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 31, 2018
Lord protect me from my friends, i can take care of my enemies.

1 Like

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by chiefojiji(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2018
Even ur bosom friend...... shocked

That's why I don't keep friends for so long...... Just thankgod for that kind of plan against u, Mr victim, if na another plan, na murder he go murder you.

It's all because of the bosom, that is why he used that plan for you.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Samot4life(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2018
A
Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by chiefojiji(m): 10:01am On Jan 31, 2018
Police is your friend is a lesson for those wey wise.... Don't trust a friend. I am myself friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 31, 2018
So unfortunate people are using the fact that people desire a better life abroad to defraud people. Always get an invoice with a description of the service they will provide and please retailers never allow a client to step out with your merchandise most times they bail it will save you from wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up by Olalekanbanky1(m): 10:02am On Jan 31, 2018
Nawa oh.. No one to trust again sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Who Impregnated His Daughter In Ogun State Bags Jail Sentence / Boy Drowns At The Oniru Beach In Lagos / Italian: Notorious Kidnapper Justice Amadi Wanted By Rivers Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.