Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

HE Mrs Toyin Ojora-saraki Welcomes Progress On Cooperation And Health Goals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HE Mrs Toyin Ojora-saraki Welcomes Progress On Cooperation And Health Goals (315 Views)

H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki Delivers Keynote Speech To CNBC Africa And Forbes / H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki Calls For Action On Health Policy At The World Bank / H.E. Mrs Toyin Ojora-saraki: “watershed UNICEF Report Shows Urgent Need For More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HE Mrs Toyin Ojora-saraki Welcomes Progress On Cooperation And Health Goals by petecoolboy: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2018
H.E Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki welcomes progress on cooperation and health goals at Africa Union Summit

Her Excellency Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki, wife of the Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Founder-President of the Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA), Global Goodwill Ambassador for the International Confederation of Midwives and Member, UN Women African Women’s Leadership Initiative, has welcomed the commitments to greater international cooperation and the focus on top health priorities made at the 30th African Union (AU) Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

The theme of this year’s summit, “Winning the Fight against Corruption: A Sustainable Path to Africa’s Transformation,” has set the scene for declarations of stronger international cooperation from the leaders of the United Nations and the African Union.

In UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’ address to the Opening Ceremony of the Summit he hailed recent achievements – including the agreement at this year’s summit of a second framework on implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development – and added: "I strongly believe Africa is one of the greatest forces for good in our world.”

Her Excellency Mrs Toyin Ojora Saraki commented:
“I welcome Rwandan President Paul Kagame as the new chairperson of the African Union and I extend my gratitude to President Alpha Condé for his leadership over the past twelve months.”

Responding to an official statement issued by African Union Spokesperson Mr. Gamal Ahmed A. Karrar, Mrs Saraki stated: “I appreciate African Union Commission Chairman Moussa Faki Mahamat and Madame Bineta Diop, African Union Special Envoy on Women, Peace and Security, for their commitment to peace, prosperity and to significantly improved health outcomes across Africa.”

“I also welcome the decision of the African Leaders Malaria Alliance (ALMA) to add neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) to its annual scorecard on disease progress, which places NTDs alongside malaria and maternal and child health as the top health priorities to be personally reviewed by African heads of state every year.”

“The spirit of cooperation demonstrated at the African Union Summit this year should encourage all Governments, charities, businesses and citizens to work for a brighter tomorrow.”

Re: HE Mrs Toyin Ojora-saraki Welcomes Progress On Cooperation And Health Goals by vivian86: 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2018
please is there any way you can help me with HE Toying Sarki contact or email

(1) (Reply)

Medical Advantages Of Swimming During Pregnancy / The Three Fingers Squeezing To Cure Quick Ejaculation & Revive Weak Erection / Buy Anti Snoring Device From Micostarmall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.