Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? (5589 Views)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / Bonsai Garden : How To Make A Best Bonsai Tree 2023 / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by ourkobo: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
hi am 19yrs old,
recently an idea came into my head and I decided to open a water leaf garden with the 2plot of land given to me by my Dad.

now, before I start, I want to know how profitable it is.

I initially wanted to start a fish pond, but changed my mind cos of the way thieves operate there.

also am a student of Futo and I am looking for a way to make extra money monthly.

thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by Donald3d(m): 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2018
Let me pitch my tent here and learn

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by pheonixdld2(m): 7:21am On Feb 01, 2018
Please expert come in , we need your experience.
Jasper7
Jephito
World1
Soloxam
Agritech
Mercie123
Jidestroud
Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by mottykings(f): 8:00am On Feb 01, 2018
i don't think its that profitable because people don't really value waterleaf like other vegetables. when other vegetables goes for #50 to #100 per bunch in d market water leaf goes for #20 here in Ibadan . I will advice you plant water leaf alongside other vegetables such as ugu,green leaf ( tete),ewedu, soko for more profit. thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by benzion72(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
Water leaf is a weed in my area. It grow everywhere immediately it start raining. I think Bitter leaves and other vegetable will bring in more income the water leaf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Bitter leaf is best and its a perennial crop which will continuously give you cash on a daily basis.

ourkobo:
hi am 19yrs old,
recently an idea came into my head and I decided to open a water leaf garden with the 2plot of land given to me by my Dad.

now, before I start, I want to know how profitable it is.

I initially wanted to start a fish pond, but changed my mind cos of the way thieves operate there.

also am a student of Futo and I am looking for a way to make extra money monthly.

thanks
Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by SLOVFO(m): 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
Water leaf is a cashcow down here in the east, only during the dry seasons . But as soon as the rains start ,the price plummets. So, it's most profitable during the dry seasons.
Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by MisterSols(m): 7:43am On Feb 02, 2018
Depends on your location

Go to the nearest markets and spend time learning about the demand and pricing before making a choice.
Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by imhere: 6:03am On Feb 03, 2018
Waterleaf farming is profitable whether in dry or raining seasons. All you need is the best method to use for optimum success.

Check it out here
http://www.enibest.com.ng/waterleaf-farming-business875-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by oluwakayode25(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2018
How can you plant water leaf?,,,Water life is a blessing in disguise tho...it's a popular lead and its also edible..problem is that it is all over the place....
Now there are other vegetables you can invest in and earn well..You could plant ugwu,celosia,amaranthus or even Hybrid okra...These things require little Labour and can be managed properly by a few hands...Create the beds the fadama way...Mix the beds with poultry dung or any other farm uarf manure readily available to you and flourish...The most popular project we worked on during our farm year while at school....Take a glimpse at this..

Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by ourkobo: 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Bitter leaf is best and its a perennial crop which will continuously give you cash on a daily basis.

Thanks alot bro
Re: I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? by yuniben007: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2020
ourkobo:

Thanks alot bro
water leave is profitable here in Lagos heap of water leave is #100 from d market nw buh dere was a time is #50 per heap. My neighbor farm water leaf here in Lagos precisely in Ibeju-Lekki and he said is profitable and to start mine by next month he said one can make 20k a week from d farm.here in Lagos dey eat it alot because dey use it to mix it wit ugu alot

(1) (Reply)

All-male Tilapia Fingerlings / How Much Can One Buy A Horse? / Please Is Planting Of Beans Really Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.