Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (30519 Views)

Novice Graphic Designer Makes Obituary Of Himself For Advert Purposes / Career In Information Marketing On Facebook / How To Start Your Career In Information Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Fela40: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2018
lordcyno:

pls i wanna learn programming, can you help maybe with some tip or recommendations

Where is your location?
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Oyedey4u(m): 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

how much? I would love to inform my subscribers please.

If you are interested in Self-study through seasoned and experienced tutors, I can share my Lynda.com login with you to assess different varieties of courses professional and IT courses such as

Project Management
Full-stack, Frontend, Backend web development,
Designing courses,

App Development,

IT security and a host of others you can find on Lynda...

I also have some courses on Web Development that I purchased from UDEMY.com

I am committed to learning in 2018.

PS: You can find some of this courses on torrent sites but from my experience, those courses has been updated and exercise files are always absent from them.

I had to go over to Udemy to buy the course for the sales of the exercise files which is serving as a guide....

3 Likes

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 11:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
Oyedey4u:

If you are interested in Self-study through seasoned and experienced tutors, I can share my Lynda.com login with you to assess different varieties of courses professional and IT courses such as

Project Management
Full-stack, Frontend, Backend web development,
Designing courses,

App Development,

IT security and a host of others you can find on Lynda...

I also have some courses on Web Development that I purchased from UDEMY.com

I am committed to learning in 2018.

PS: You can find some of this courses on torrent sites but from my experience, those courses has been updated and exercise files are always absent from them.

I had to go over to Udemy to buy the course for the sales of the exercise files which is serving as a guide....

I mean the price bro.
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by lordcyno: 11:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
Fela40:

Where is your location?
Abia
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Oyedey4u(m): 11:11pm On Feb 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

I mean the price bro.
Private chat will be better for discussion... I already messaged you on WhatsApp
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by aliyuthayo(m): 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
CCNA R&S v3.0(200-125) Training
Training Location: Abuja (6 Nun Street, off Danube Street, Maitama)
Training Date: 5th March, 2018
Training Duration: 160hrs (4weeks) 5 days/week, 8hrs/day
Training Mode: Group (Min.= 5, Max= 10)
Training Fee: 80k

Over 300 Labs/Practicals

Network Fundamentals
LAN Switching Technologies
Routing Technologies
WAN Technologies
Infrastructure Services
Infrastructure Security
Infrastructure Management
Call/Chat 08039134906
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by aliyuthayo(m): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
Let's get you ready for a career in Networking and Security

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by aliyuthayo(m): 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
Let the EXPERTS handle your CCNA Routing and Switching Training!

Training Date: 5th March, 2018
Training Location: 6 Nun Street, Off Danube Street, Maitama, Abuja.
Training Fee: 80k
Training Mode: Group (Min. 5 Max. 10)

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by aliyuthayo(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2018
Don't entrust your Cisco Certifications Training to just anyone. Train with the best!!!

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by geostrata(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2018
So which IT certification is relevant to a banker
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Darey00(m): 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
Fongido:

Alabian is better than New Horizons and Aptech and Niit? I don't get it. I want a place to learn Web development and Mobile App development

You will be glad u learnt at either
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by mcdreeezy: 10:16am On Feb 15, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Since you are in Lagos, you should visit http://topwritersden.com/best-training-institute-nigeria/

Read the review there.

Then proceed to register as fast as possible.
I called the number I found on the site and spoke with a man. We spoke for up to six minutes tho I couldn't really grasp everything he said. But I told him I'm a newbie and he said I'd have to learn some basics like web design, photoshop which might run for 4wks for 35k. And then I'll move on to packages like JQuery, PHP and so on for the same amount totalling 70k. He said some things about 3 projects I will do, probably upon graduation.

Before calling, I thought they were in Surulere. But I asked him and he said they're in Ikeja and that's not really convenient for me if their classes run Mon-Fridays. Transportation costs and all. I'm in Apapa. I was thinking I'd get something in Surulere. What do you think?
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2018
mcdreeezy:
I called the number I found on the site and spoke with a man. We spoke for up to six minutes tho I couldn't really grasp everything he said. But I told him I'm a newbie and he said I'd have to learn some basics like web design, photoshop which might run for 4wks for 35k. And then I'll move on to packages like JQuery, PHP and so on for the same amount totalling 70k. He said some things about 3 projects I will do, probably upon graduation.

Before calling, I thought they were in Surulere. But I asked him and he said they're in Ikeja and that's not really convenient for me if their classes run Mon-Fridays. Transportation costs and all. I'm in Apapa. I was thinking I'd get something in Surulere. What do you think?

You can take just weekend classes. I can't recommend another for now.
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by mcdreeezy: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

You can take just weekend classes. I can't recommend another for now.
Do you know if the weekend classes will cost less?
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2018
mcdreeezy:
Do you know if the weekend classes will cost less?

I sincerely have no idea
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by mikoko38(m): 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
I am new and I want to get a certificate on web development. I have been able to teach my self and am currently working on building a web for my self. Please I need an advice on the best certificate/training that can help me break into this branch of IT.
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by mcdreeezy: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

I sincerely have no idea
Ok, thanks.
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Mboi: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Well-done guys for all your helpful contributions.
Anybody aware of software testing? Does it also have certification? I heard most big companies in Nigeria now are needing software testers either directly or giving it out as contract.
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Melchizzedek: 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
Darey00:
I wanted to go for Networking, but after finishing my service, I was scared off by the high training cost, not to talk of the CCNA exams itself, and considering it expires every 3 years(i believe), I made a calculated risk and decided to teach myself web development.
You may choose to go to Training centers if you have the cash, which is low by the way... Alabian is a very good place, or if you are like me with not much money you have to bet on yourself and teach yourself...
-freecodecamp.com
-codeacademy.com
-udemy.com
- Udacity.com
-Google
-YouTube

the list is endless

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Melchizzedek: 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
Barywhyte:
Nice one OP. for the newbi, please learn Linux. whichever area you want to establish urself in, Linux is the bedrock of today's IT infrastructure.

Certifications are good but please go for the skills first. It is very tough to break in but your skillset will make way for. That's what I did and my first IT job fetched me 140k per month without a single certification and that's because at the point of interview , I was able to prove that I have the skill set in my CV
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by nzedon2(m): 12:32am On Feb 22, 2018
please I want to start am IT career but am just confused on which one to learn that will be marketable and lucrative. please I need your help and suggestions because am confused. tankx
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by emyboy94: 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
[quote author=BiafranBushBoy post=65085410]
boss BBB, U didn't mention digital marketing. is it no longer a good skill?
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
[quote author=emyboy94 post=65339955][/quote]

It is bro... I couldn't remember all of them. As long as you are good with digital marketing, you will surely make it.

Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by LadyHeaven(f): 1:25am On Feb 28, 2018
PaulSimon2020:
Nice idea, anyone interested in software development should get in touch with me. I am willing to mentor two serious minded folks from Nairaland free of charge.

Still on? grin...very interested
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by moyoct14(m): 7:29am On Feb 28, 2018
anytexy:
Any IT guy in the house? I want to roll in as s a beginner please.

If you're passionate about cyber security, try cyber security for aspiring practitioners (https://www.digissllc.com/aspiring/csap-301-cyber-security-aspiring-practitioners-nigeria/)

Preview the course video and other materials on the website...you will be absolutely market ready within 3 months. Mentors are waiting to pull you up the ladder!

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by moyoct14(m): 7:34am On Feb 28, 2018
enimooko:
Does anyone know the relevance of The Computer Professional Examination and membership of the Nigeria Computer Society as to getting jobs or other carrier opportunities?

Check out https://www.digissllc.com/aspiring/csap-301-cyber-security-aspiring-practitioners-nigeria/

Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by sbajaj: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2018
Hi

Yes provide us right info about How To Start A Career In Information Technology.

Recently I read same topic on http://recruitmentupdate.com/ and all info same as I read...
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by PritamPal: 10:14am On Mar 12, 2018
You can check this website: https://data-flair.training/
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by AK481(m): 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
enimooko:

Does anyone know the relevance of The Computer Professional Examination and membership of the Nigeria Computer Society as to getting jobs or other carrier opportunities?

Don’t waste your time with that
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by enimooko: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
AK481:

Don’t waste your time with that
oh! But why did you say that?
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by PritamPal: 5:11am On Mar 13, 2018
You also learn programming from web
check this I am sure this will help you
https://data-flair.training/blogs
Re: How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria by Gargoylesmiles(m): 6:25am On Apr 11, 2018
If you are interested in learning about Linux from forums search for Nigeria Linux User Group on Telegram and ask all your Linux questions there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals / Npower Resignation: Ex-volunteer Gets Call From Abuja, Share Testimony (story) / How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.