Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce (55833 Views)

Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / Prince Bolu Akin-Olugbade Receiving His Rolls-royce Cullinan (More Photos) / Inside Olu Okeowo's Lagos Mansion "Palacio De Okeowo" (photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by boman2014: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2018
The taskforce team of the Nigeria Customs Service today stormed the Lagos home of billionaire businessman, Olu Okeowo, and seized his Rolls Royce cars. According to Sahara Reporters, the luxury cars were seized because the businessman is yet to pay the import duties on the cars.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/958642707781619713/photo/1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

Cost of 2016 model of Phantom: N260,000,000 (as per olx etc)
Customs charge per unit : (Luxury category treatment: import car - min 35% + 35% + 5%) or N195mil shocked

Legend:
CET Code: 8703.2319.00 (Other)
SU=System Unit, (U)
ID=Import Duty, (35%)
VAT=Value Added Tax, (5%)
LVY=Levy, (35%)
EXC=Excise Duty (0%)

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by 12submarine(m): 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
How did he move the car from the port without paying duties? These are some of the privileges an average Nigerian can never have. But why should a billionaire evade tax?

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by AngelicBeing: 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
12submarine:
How did he move the car from the port without paying duties? These are some of the privileges an average Nigerian can never have. But why should a billionaire evade tax?
Good question, it is the same useless criminals called customs that aide almost every irregularities in the port, I recalled when I brought in a container, my clearing agent told me that he was advised to reduce the original age on all the vehicles in the container so that he could pay less duty, I frowned at it but before I knew what was happening they cleared the container, my point is customs and almost all the security apparatus at the port are criminals and they deserve to be flogged grin

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Esomchi44(m): 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2018
mtxheew

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by odiereke(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
Na wah.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Cool83(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
custom duty stuff

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by nairavsdollars(f): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
He don offend one Customs oga...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by airsaylongcon: 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Good question, it is the same useless criminals called customs that aide almost every irregularities in the port, I recalled when I brought in a container, my clearing agent told me that he was advised to reduce the original age on all the vehicles in the container so that he could pay less duty, I frowned at it but before I knew what was happening they cleared the container, my point is customs and almost all the security apparatus at the port are criminals and they deserve to be flogged grin

So you gave your agent instructions not to falsify information and he did? Against your wish? What did you do about it?

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by izenco2005(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
if Chelsea and Manchester City win today i will be millionaire tomorrow
share my mtn card on Friday, marry lady f undecided on Saturday give her belle on sunday angry

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
Bought perfumes from Italy and shipped it in through FedEx

Was slammed with a bill of over 60k shocked (25%) of the value.

Don't make the mistake of shipping in

1. Large quantities

2. Through FedEx.

That's the actual duty Nigerian Customs demand but i had shipped through other courier companies without issues

To be honest, won't be surprised if FedEx guys on Lagos divert this "Custom charges" ...seen a lot of negative experiences online

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by MemphisRaynes: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
This Rolls Royce will end up with a crony of Buhari from the North if Okeowo does not do the needful. Customs will auction it to the usual suspects.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by iluvdonjazzy: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
wetin concern me

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by datola: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
You are a multi billionaire and you cannot pay common import duties on your cars.

What a contradiction.

7 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Prince081: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
How does this affect the price of garri in Bariga market?
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Nehemiah459(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
Japanese Inn to Create Self-Driving Slippers for Its Guests
https://learnvercity.com/3106/japanese-inn-create-self-driving-slippers-guests/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ipobarecriminals: 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
.The rich are our problem in this country. The poor pay tax while the rich evade it/spend their money on owambe/okpekes

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by MrOreo(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

Cost of 2016 model of Phantom: N260,000,000 (as per olx etc)
Customs charge per unit : (Luxury category treatment: import car - min 35% + 35% + 5%) or N195mil shocked

Legend:
CET Code: 8703.2319.00 (Other)
SU=System Unit, (U)
ID=Import Duty, (35%)
VAT=Value Added Tax, (5%)
LVY=Levy, (35%)
EXC=Excise Duty (0%)
Is that the import duty? @ the bolded??
Even me I will abscond grin

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
Impound all of them.

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ZirdoRoray(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
ok
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by obowunmi(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
Okeowo na awo man.

Some people want to die.

3 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by origima: 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
Let the rich help the nation to grow instead they will prefer hate speech to instigate and to confuse the state so as to carry on with there cheating and looting

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Kobicove(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Good question, it is the same useless criminals called customs that aide almost every irregularities in the port, I recalled when I brought in a container, my clearing agent told me that he was advised to reduce the original age on all the vehicles in the container so that he could pay less duty, I frowned at it but before I knew what was happening they cleared the container, my point is customs and almost affll the security apparatus at the port are criminals and they deserve to be flogged

The whole country is covered in rot! angry

...From the smallest to the biggest

Both followers and leaders

12 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ZirdoRoray(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2018
AngelicBeing:

NLders and their fake stories.
You did not import anything. I dey lie?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by hakimi1974(m): 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
AngelicBeing:
the kind sharp practice that is going on their. nah only God go save man pikin.

5 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Firstcitizen: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
Thank God he is not from the land of the fallen sun. The children of hate would have called this a different thing by now

11 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ssogundele(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
The port these cars passed through must be investigated and the custom officers be made to loss their 6months salaries plus ranks. Criminals make legit hardworking guys look lazy and unfortunate. Morons!

7 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Cool83(m): 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2018
corruption corruption corruption

7 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by CMrecords: 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2018
Evading Tax is another way of becoming a Billionaire, Don Trump did

1 Like

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Sweetcollins: 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2018
Good to know the law isn't only made for the poor

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by babythug(f): 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
Are they allowed to do that? That is , raid a home because of unpaid duties?? Especially as it was due to thier negligence the car left the ports n the first place mcheeewwww

12 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Pebcak: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2018

I still dont understand the sense behind the high duty fee nigerians pay for cars 75% of the car's value, this is crazy coming from a country that can't boast of multiple car production or asembly plants. IMO before they can charge anything more than 20% the government should give toyota,nissan,honda,...... chance to bring their plant to 9ja entice them with low tax, in turn they will provide jobs and we have cars from nigeria at not too high cost for brand new then at that point if you want to buy from outside 9ja or buy luxury cay slam them with 75% duty fee.
on the second note policies like this just hurt deep to the bone, the low and middle class citizen will pay 75% duty while the few 10% rich and politicians buy overrated expensive cars and find their way around not paying I bet Okeowo will be calling his contacts to to go go around this issue instead of doing the needful

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Dangote (from Grace To More Grace) / Take A Look At The Change This Driver Gave Me / Waltersmith Modular Refinery And 33 Brewery In Imo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.