Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce (55832 Views)

Joseph Ezeokafor Receives Rolls Royce From Son As Birthday Gift (photos) / Prince Bolu Akin-Olugbade Receiving His Rolls-royce Cullinan (More Photos) / Inside Olu Okeowo's Lagos Mansion "Palacio De Okeowo" (photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by obinoral1179(m): 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Bought perfumes from Italy and shipped it in through FedEx

Was slammed with a bill of over 60k shocked (25%) of the value.

Don't make the mistake of shipping in

1. Large quantities

2. Through FedEx.

That's the actual duty Nigerian Customs demand but i had shipped through other courier companies without issues

To be honest, won't be surprised if FedEx guys on Lagos divert this "Custom charges" ...seen a lot of negative experiences online
they have scammed you bro.... 60k for what?
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
obinoral1179:
they have scammed you bro.... 60k for what?

That is a screenshot of the Excel sheet on the Nigerian Customs website.

Add 20 + 5 = 25 %

the charge is correct, the debate is whether FedEx is remitting it to the Nigerian Customs

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by obinoral1179(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

That is a screenshot of the Excel sheet on the Nigerian Customs website.

Add 20 + 5 = 25 %

the charge is correct, the debate is whether FedEx is remitting it to the Nigerian Customs
25% of what? what about the freight charges and all that.... FedEx just used that tarrif to cover face and the territory is always used for cargo and duty is charge based on the invoice and freight. Just like asking people bringing goods from china to pay custom duty.... Those goods comes in passenger flight and no duty is being paid and if it's being paid is just normal fee. If the goods comes in
Through normal cargo then you can pay up for duty and do some documents work..... Am still surprise you where charge 60k for perfumes even those that brings 50kg of items self dey pay 20/30 k for duty.....
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by vertueptime: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2018
D guy stingy, if say he dey pay dss or police for security he wld hv not been in this mess
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by godofuck231: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2018
boman2014:
The taskforce team of the Nigeria Customs Service today stormed the Lagos home of billionaire businessman, Olu Okeowo, and seized his Rolls Royce cars. According to Sahara Reporters, the luxury cars were seized because the businessman is yet to pay the import duties on the cars.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/958642707781619713/photo/1
shame if it were to be in America and theses custom guys cross their jurisdiction, not even with a police warrant
Ennnnnnnnnn

Ohhhhhhhh shiiiiiit

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
obinoral1179:
25% of what? what about the freight charges and all that.... FedEx just used that tarrif to cover face and the territory is always used for cargo and duty is charge based on the invoice and freight. Just like asking people bringing goods from china to pay custom duty.... Those goods comes in passenger flight and no duty is being paid and if it's being paid is just normal fee. If the goods comes in
Through normal cargo then you can pay up for duty and do some documents work..... Am still surprise you where charge 60k for perfumes even those that brings 50kg of items self dey pay 20/30 k for duty.....

Maybe you should Google more especially on Quora ...because i learnt "luxury goods" like watches and perfumes are billed US - Canada routes.

I have done this several times and no courier company has ever billed me because I assumed they would be smart enough to take it as normal luggage in a passenger flight.

25% of the cost price is what you would pay according to Nigerian Customs..I really can't debate that. Check the website yourself.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by AngelicBeing: 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
obinoral1179:
custom are the biggest scammers they will collect money without blinking an eye.... When I was doing or rather learning the rope of Agent at international airport I concluded that a Christian cannot work here, either as customs, agentot shippers they are all corrupt. A Christian customs will put bible in her front and still collect money, Muslim customs will go for human prayer and still collect money.... From the the top to bottom they are wicked soul but agent must bring out goods whether by crook or by legit.
You are right sad
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by tundeport(m): 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
Custom people,na wa ooooooo,na no dey look face
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
12submarine:
How did he move the car from the port without paying duties? These are some of the privileges an average Nigerian can never have. But why should a billionaire evade tax?
nobody likes giving away money to louts that will waste it
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by airsaylongcon: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Bought perfumes from Italy and shipped it in through FedEx

Was slammed with a bill of over 60k shocked (25%) of the value.

Don't make the mistake of shipping in

1. Large quantities

2. Through FedEx

That's the actual duty Nigerian Customs demand but i had shipped through other courier companies without issues

To be honest, won't be surprised if FedEx guys on Lagos divert this "Custom charges" ...seen a lot of negative experiences online

They can't. FedEx pays the duty to customs then collects it from you
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by babs50g: 2:12am On Feb 01, 2018
@angelicbeing. false declaration of document is the hot cake in most of the nigerian ports be it air or sea port.

So much fraud goes on there despite the fact it is single window clearance by the custom. . Contraband goods are cleared on daily basis and you have unit of customs that are saddled with the responsibility to check mate nefarious activities..

We are a nation of systemic corruption.

Who is asking question about the following

Duty payable - how much is remitted to govt coffers

7% surcharge . - NPA (what is it use for

1%ciss- this should be for the charges on FOB rather the same custom is collecting for PAAR which should have been given to the inspection agents . Hence no scanners are functional at the port

ETLS. meaning ECOWAS trade liberation scheme

0.5% of Cif value - does it get to ecowas states.

Vat. this goes to FIRS .

If we manage the above effectively without oil ,we should be a very wealthy country .

so much rot in the system

2 Likes

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Bashmantech: 2:48am On Feb 01, 2018
izenco2005:
if Chelsea and Manchester City win today i will be millionaire tomorrow
share my mtn card on Friday, marry lady f undecided on Saturday give her belle on sunday angry

Wake up from your dream.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by iomoge2(f): 3:35am On Feb 01, 2018
izenco2005:
share my mtn card on Friday, marry lady f undecided on Saturday give her belle on sunday angry

Two of them lost cheesy
Ladyf is safe for now
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by k199192: 4:47am On Feb 01, 2018
izenco2005:
edakun grin grin grin grin
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by designVATExcel: 5:38am On Feb 01, 2018
CMrecords:
Evading Tax is another way of becoming a Billionaire, Don Trump did

Dude Trump didn't not violate any law, he did what all business men do find loopholes in the tax laws and apply it.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by Blissyblazer(m): 9:30am On Feb 01, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
.The rich are our problem in this country. The poor pay tax while the rich evade it/spend their money on owambe/okpekes

don't you know the law is meant for the common man and masses.
Laws are not meant for the rich and influential pple.
My 1kobo
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ranson(m): 11:32am On Feb 01, 2018
izenco2005:

Oh! I'm sincerely sorry for the lost of your dreamed millions and other fantasies.
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by ishadfurnitures: 11:52am On Feb 01, 2018
Then I guessed by now you have realised your dream didn't come through
izenco2005:
Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by obidevine(m): 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2018
boman2014:
The taskforce team of the Nigeria Customs Service today stormed the Lagos home of billionaire businessman, Olu Okeowo, and seized his Rolls Royce cars. According to Sahara Reporters, the luxury cars were seized because the businessman is yet to pay the import duties on the cars.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/958642707781619713/photo/1

This story is a lie. The man isn't even in the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Okeowo's Home Raided By Customs Officers, Seized His Rolls Royce by SycophanticGoat: 4:14am On Feb 02, 2018
MemphisRaynes:
This Rolls Royce will end up with a crony of Buhari from the North if Okeowo does not do the needful. Customs will auction it to the usual suspects.

At only 800k, they will sell to one alhaji from Daura..

Anyways, wetin concern me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Dangote (from Grace To More Grace) / Waltersmith Modular Refinery And 33 Brewery In Imo State (Photos) / Take A Look At The Change This Driver Gave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.