Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation (1266 Views)

How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / COVID-19: Ali Ndume Proposes Salary Cut For Civil Servants Not Working Due To Lo / Political Office Holders Deserve Salary Cut And Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by eTECTIVe(m): 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2018

Newly elected Liberia president George Weah has revealed that he will take a 25-percent pay cut as the nation's economic standing continues to decline.
Former footballer and Ballon d'Or winner Weah was sworn in as Liberia president, replacing Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, on January 22 after winning last month's election.
On Monday, the 51-year-old revealed in a nationwide address that he was to accept a lower salary as Liberia's own financial situation deteriorates.
"In view of the very rapidly deteriorating situation of the economy, I am informing you today, with immediate effect, that I will reduce my salary and benefits by 25 percent," he began, as per Reuters.
"The state of the economy that my administration inherited leaves a lot to do and to be decided," the former AC Milan hitman added. "Our economy is broken. Our government is broke. Our currency is in free fall.
"Inflation is rising. Unemployment is at an unprecedented high, and our foreign reserves are at an all-time low."
While Johnson Sirleaf was commended for establishing peace in Liberia following the civil wars of 1989-2003, she largely failed to tackle corruption endemic among officials and the nation's political elite.
Another aim outlined by Weah is the construction of a $3 billion coastal road, linking Monrovia to the remote southeast of the nation.
"This is going to be very challenging," continued the former forward, who also played for Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, "but I am convinced that with the assistance of friendly governments and institutions this can be achieved before the end of my tenure.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/liberia/story/3366151/president-george-weah-announces-salary-cut-in-light-of-liberian-economic-situation?device=featurephone

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44..
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by eTECTIVe(m): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
Dis is what leadership entails, leading by example... Not jus talking d talk like d hypocrites we have in power
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by thesicilian: 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2018
I've seen this movie before, where the newly signed actor makes a move to make the people cheer, before revealing his true colors. I think it's called body language odour.
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by 12submarine(m): 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Dis is what leadership entails, leading by example... Not jus talking d talk like d hypocrites we have in power
Cut in salaries of political appointees is nothing compared to what they steal. Remember, Buhari did same.
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by Nbote(m): 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2018
Change began with him, not like d hypocrite who came to power using d "Change" mantra but is a "Ruler" instead of a "Leader"
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by eTECTIVe(m): 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
12submarine:

Cut in salaries of political appointees is nothing compared to what they steal. Remember, Buhari did same.

Buhari Did same where??
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by 12submarine(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Buhari Did same where??
Don't tell me you are not aware he cuts down the salaries of himself, his vice and other members of his cabinet? That's not even the point. The point is that salaries of political appointees are nothing compared to what they steal.

Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by abouzaid: 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
that's great.

Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by anibirelawal(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
Wish him well.
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by eTECTIVe(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2018
12submarine:

Don't tell me you are not aware he cuts down the salaries of himself, his vice and other members of his cabinet? That's not even the point. The point is that salaries of political appointees are nothing compared to what they steal.

Exactly... But d truth is there was a salary review upwards of his salary before d so-called slash a month later... Many Nigerians dont know PMB actually receives a "hardship allowance"
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by hisgrace090: 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2018
May Liberia prosper in your days.
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by 12submarine(m): 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Exactly... But d truth is there was a salary review upwards of his salary before d so-called slash a month later... Many Nigerians dont know PMB actually receives a "hardship allowance"
His salary was not reviewed upwardly at any time. He simply slashed it down. But salary is nothing compared to what politicians make either legitimately or illegitimately.
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by eTECTIVe(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2018
12submarine:

His salary was not reviewed upwardly at any time. He simply slashed it down. But salary is nothing compared to what politicians make either legitimately or illegitimately.

http://opera.pulse.ng/news/politics/buhari-osinbajo-reviewed-salary-breakdown-of-president-vice-president-senators-others-id3861675.html
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by 12submarine(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by sexyjessy(f): 9:42pm On May 06, 2018
who caneWQsupplybNRthis: Paypal Fund Needed
Visit the link in the image.
Ppaise anyimontana SNFTJB etective 0d92t5 superblack MbBFeS bolster vpBcYg codetemplar

Re: President George Weah Announces Salary Cut In Light Of Economic Situation by ayusco85(m): 6:39am On May 11, 2018
feyifoluwa1956:
Can youHtesupplyl5Pthis: I Need Suppliers Of Tomato, Pepper, Onions And Potato From The North. URGENT!
Please visitPofthe link4Zmin the imageCPEbelow.
TWaTDa ayusco85 vQeHx2 etective BRNMHX ademoore07 jG5qkw aboguede SSLWnG kennyfancy

Call me if u are serious

(1) (Reply)

Win Big Valentine Estate Promo / Embarrassment: Black Pant Showing In The Wind / Link-up And Mingle With Rich Sugar Daddies And A Wealthy Lezbian Partner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.