Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

The Miracle Nigeria Needs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Miracle Nigeria Needs (362 Views)

Nigeria Needs Atiku To Make Life More Meaningful – Tinubu / Why Nigeria Needs Single Presidency Tenure Of Six Years – Ekweremadu / Northern Nigeria Needs Prayer! - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Miracle Nigeria Needs by NamdyKel(m): 12:20am On Feb 01, 2018
Politics : My submission
I am the Miracle
As a young African/Nigerian man born in the late 90s, I have grown up to experience both the Military regime and the Civilian take over of Government in Nigeria. Just like many other young Nigerians out there, I have endured hardship, corruption, poor educational facilities, terrible economic downturn, inconsistent government policies, religious brouhaha, tribal sentiments and regional segregation, political maneuvers to enrich the stingy greedy so called politicians, implementation of rules and regulations that inflict hardship on the poor masses, lack of guaranteed security of lives and properties, rise of terrorism and kidnapping, to mention but a few.
There's a saying that he who is down fears no fall...
Nigeria as a country is sick, our political mentality has been bedeviled by agents of calamity posing as change agents, continuity agents... Or what have you! 
Some so called group refer to themselves as supporters of continuity... What a pathetic and archaic mentality display in a modern era. Continue what? This bondage called change? I will never be a part of that!
Well, All you've just read are preambles.
My main aim of writing this article is to enlighten, encourage, and gear others like myself out there who have been keeping quiet, observing and watching the political ferry of this great nation swerve from longitude to latitude without bearing and on the verge of shipwreck sooner or later. Nigeria has never had a near perfect captain to direct the route of this sustainable journey. Young Nigerians out there need to wake up! Awake! Awake!! Awake!!! Take hold of your future... The so called old wise men have all failed us, they have gambled away our future for selfish interest of the present, they no longer seat and see what we can't see even if we climb the iroko tree... Because they themselves have been blindfolded by power, position, abused privileges, money and other mundane things. They lie on their protruding tummy to drink and pollute the oasis of this great nation.
People who are meant to protect the oasis are the very ones draining and polluting it... Oh what a shame! 
All along I wasn't interested in politics, I don't like it... Because to me it's dirty, I don't discus it neither do I support it. But  as it is now, the handshake has gone far beyond the elbows... Tantamount to a fist fight. I can't stay calm anymore, I can't keep quiet anymore, I can't calm down anymore... My soul is weeping, my sight is bloody, my ears are dripping, my heart is burning...
I have come to realize that I need to be the change I have longed to see.
Many so called politicians today don't even know the meaning or definition of politics... Because they buy themselves into it, they don't care what it means...
Nigeria needs to make politics less attractive and more proactive... Remove the mammon that entices irresponsible personalities to politics.
For the education of those who don't know, here's a simplified definition of Politics :
 A methodology and activities associated with running a government, an organization, or a movement.
It's a methodology... Not an imposition! Using outdated methodology of the archaic era to run a government in a modern era... What do you expect? Calamity! Disaster! Catastrophe! (CDC) that's the result you get when folks who lack the methodology required to run government seats at the hem of affairs.
The system has been bastardized, nothing seems to work except corruption and looting of public funds, enacting senseless and useless laws/degrees/policies to favour some selected selfish and greedy few.
Nigerians are suffering, dying, frustrated and fed up with this government... Little wonder the younger generation wants to go abroad, not minding the hardship, xenophobic experience, inferiority complex and death that might befall them where they are heading.
If Nigeria were to be OK, they won't think of doing drugs, or prostitution, or cyber crime out there... If we must travel, it would be for holidays and leisure. Unfortunately as it stands, the reverse is the case.
Not to even mention our health system... Oh God please! A country where the leader doesn't even have a tittle of faith in the health facilities in his own country, what then do we say about the masses. God have mercy...
We need a miracle in this country...
A miracle that will usurp politics out of the wobbling hands of failures and degraded calamitous entities wielding it.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will create sustainable development policies and implement same.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will make political position less attractive and more proactive thereby causing the responsible needed man to ascend such post rather than the greedy old personalities longing for Wealth and power at the detriment of its own people.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will turn around the economy of the nation for the best instead of looking for colonies for beef,pork or turkey and blaming past government for the present government failures.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will dismantle the protective covers of crooks and criminals hiding under the emblem of plea bargain or immunity so that justice can be effective.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will raise an unknown promising youth who will pick up the wreckage and broken pieces of the masses and fix it with reasonable long term methodologies without prejudice, religious sentiments, tribal discord or political zoning.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will make a student in the United Kingdom, or United States, or Spain or China apply to study in Nigeria.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will make the Naira equal or more than the Pounds once again.
We need a miracle, a miracle that will make Nigerians proud of Nigeria instead of committing suicide or atrocities out of frustration.
Martin Luther King Jr said he had a dream, it took decades for that dream to become a reality in his absence...I'm done having a dream, I'm done hoping, I'm done sitting and watching, I'm done believing in conceited deception called politicians....i don't want to dream again, neither do I want to fall into a trance anymore... I want a Miracle!!!
God give us our Miracle Now!!!
Nigerian Youths... Be the change you want to see!
You are the Miracle!

My name is Nnamdi A Kelechi
#i_am_the_miracle
#you_are_the_miracle

Notice:
Please kindly note that this is not an incitement for violence nor a political party motivated article.

http://www.thehealthpilot.org/still-nigerian-politics

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Contentious Open Letter: “obasanjo Was Playing Politics” – Tinubu / How Do I Get Voters / Shekau Releases New Video, Vows To Keep Fighting Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.