Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget (22215 Views)

President Buhari Renews Ben Akabueze's Tenure As DG, Budget Office / Clerics In Battle For Aso Rock (photos) / "Buhari In 2019 Or We Set The Zoo Ablaze!!!" - Dauda Umar Potiskum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:33am On Feb 01, 2018
The decision by the Federal Government to earmark N4.9 billion for electrical maintenance annually in the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock, is to keep the facilities in good shape, the Director General Budget Office, Mr. Ben Akabueze, has said.

Akabueze said this yesterday in Abuja during an engagement with the media and civil society on the 2018 proposed budget.

“The Villa is quite an expansive edifice with several residences and support services, so as significant as N4.9 billion sounds it is not too much to keep those facilities in top shape that they have been kept. Anyone who has been to the villa will appreciate that it is one of the best maintained edifice in the country,” he said.

He also indicated that for now, there was no provision of the proposed minimum wage increase in the 2018 budget, adding that what was factored in was N40bn for public service wage adjustment and that can’t suffice for a wage rise for all federal staff.

“As at when the agreement (minimum wage) will be reached, the financial implications of that will be quantified and if need be, there will be a supplementary budget. However, what exists now is what we call the public service wage adjustment. That’s barely over N40bn provided and that is not enough to cater for any adjustments that will be necessary,” he explained.

Speaking on other budgetary provisions the citizens considers wasteful and over bloated, he justified all budgetary provisions saying they were carefully scrutinized, and specifically justified the N4.9bn proposed budgeted for the annual maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in the Presidential Villa.

He also justified the proposed N2.2bn earmarked for the DSS for a supposed social media mining suite and the N1.14bn proposed budget for cleaning and fumigation of the Office of the National Security Adviser.

“This is not the type of cleaning and fumigation that you and I know as matters of security are treated with some degree of confidentiality. It could be cleaning and fumigation of some criminal elements,” he said, while justifying the nebulous budget sub-head.

On the N2.2bn social media mining suit under the DSS, Mr. Akabueze said “the DSS planned to execute some security protocol to curtail spread of false information which they think could threaten national security.

“They have assured us that their intention is not to hinder freedom of expression. But again, different countries in the world agree with this and that’s the reality of our world today,” he noted.

On the attacks on farmers and implications to food security and impact on the 3.5 percent projection of the 2018 proposed budget, he said “first of all, these are localized occurrences, as worrisome as they are, so we do not think that they would have such pervasive adverse impact on agricultural sector as to pull down significantly the overall growth projection.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-we-earmarked-n4-9bn-for-villa-electrical-maintenance-dg-budget.htmlhtml

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Nobody: 5:47am On Feb 01, 2018
So much wastage in our system. Smh

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Nogodye(m): 5:48am On Feb 01, 2018
Lolz...My PVC will judge.Am just tired of this administration.

170 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Papanwamaikpe: 5:51am On Feb 01, 2018
How much did you set aside for Yusuf's treatment in Germany?

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by clarocuzioo(m): 5:51am On Feb 01, 2018
Yes "Mr. Integrity" nonsense. Later one confused entity will come here and tell me that this administration is fighting corrupt govt officials while corruption has become official in this administration.
Do they realise how many communities will benefit from such huge fund if that money is channeled to rural electrification?
It's is in this corrupt APC buhari led administration that I learnt that "cleaning and fumigation has a different meaning.
The most annoying aspect of it is that it's my fellow Igboman that is defending this nonsense. That's to show us that corruption has no tribe. They are really all together in this looting.
Nigerian youths let us rise and defend the future of our generations yet unborn

220 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by simplyhonest(m): 5:53am On Feb 01, 2018
there is no difference between APC and PDP... bunch of thieves....

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by emamos: 6:00am On Feb 01, 2018
for maintainance only? dis is corruption

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Bossontop(m): 6:02am On Feb 01, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
4.9 billion for sockets and bulbs....haba na
Dat amount cant service all d houses in almost two states and change go remain
Chaiii.....dis government iz jus lyk the child and d flour iz our money in dis meme

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by taiwolomo1: 6:09am On Feb 01, 2018
Just for maintenance, not installation o!!!! Haaa.....won to shoriburu for aso rock aswear!!! Seen grand corruption embarassed

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Pavore9: 6:12am On Feb 01, 2018
N4.9 billion for electrical maintenance annually?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by sinistermind(m): 6:12am On Feb 01, 2018
4.9billion Naira in a year for electrical maintenance. This money invested and utilised in power sector can bring a huge chage into the sector

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by IamGoke(m): 6:14am On Feb 01, 2018
Is alright!!!
Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by abouzaid: 6:36am On Feb 01, 2018
election money including money to arm Fulani herdsmen to unleash mayhem should Buhari lose the election, that was the original intention for mobilizing and arming the Fulani militia but GEJ's concession of defeat destroyed their plans.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by mayberry1(f): 6:46am On Feb 01, 2018
There's no justification to such a bogus amount of money for a petty project, that money could have been channeled into building an industry to create jobs. Our leaders are all same.

P.S- Y'll should get your voter card, INEC would not count your prayers but your votes.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by 989900: 6:55am On Feb 01, 2018
Read again y'all, so you can shake your head very well for this country. cry

N1.14bn proposed budget for cleaning and fumigation of the Office of the National Security Adviser.

“This is not the type of cleaning and fumigation that you and I know as matters of security are treated with some degree of confidentiality. It could be cleaning and fumigation of some criminal elements,” he said, while justifying the nebulous budget sub-head.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Witi(m): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2018
Cleaning and fumigation of criminal elements 1.4b naira!

They kept on dancing naked at market square. Buhari is a fraud.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by anibirelawal(m): 7:11am On Feb 01, 2018
What can i say?
Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by EnEnPeecee: 7:16am On Feb 01, 2018
4.9billion to maintain an epileptic Nigerian electricity. This government is highly corrupt and useless

20 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Omeokachie: 8:22am On Feb 01, 2018
Election funds being gathered

Pastor Akabueze go soon backslide like im other villa pastor.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by otipoju(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2018
I remember how I used to argue with my own mother over Buhari.

She would tell me that based on his rule as a Military President, he was very corrupt , vindictive and tribalistic.

I would say no way, " Buhari is a man of integrity who does what needs to be done regardless of whose ox is gored" ...even though one of his draconian decrees nearly led to the death of my own father.

When I look back on those days I just shake my head in pity for my own stupidity.

4.1 billion naira every year to change flourescent bulb is equal to money down the drain right under Buhari's nose right there in Aso Rock where he lives.

...After he will open his mouth to say he is fighting "Kwarruption". And we wonder where his son got 50 million naira to buy bicycle.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by RexTramadol1: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2018
Oh boi! Not when I'm hungry

5 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Firefire(m): 9:26am On Feb 01, 2018
FRAUD!

7 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by SweetJoystick(m): 9:26am On Feb 01, 2018
You are MAD

5 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by KingsJohnson(m): 9:26am On Feb 01, 2018
4.9 Billion for Aso Rock Alone angry

5 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by bjayx: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2018
That money go reach so...

4 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by link2ok22: 9:27am On Feb 01, 2018
Sarrki

4.9bn for electrical maintenance

And yu open your filthy mouth to tell me you are a patriot abi parrot.

APC would run this country to its final bus stop.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by princechurchill(m): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2018
4.9 billion naira ANNUALLY for maintenance, Buhari is a chronic corrupt fellow with no conscience

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by Man2utd(m): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2018
There is a way that seem right but leads to distruction... That way is our dear Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by XINZ: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2018
Almost 2billion naira just to clean and fumigate office. Buhari grin

8 Likes

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by lexy2014: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2018
mayberry1:
There's no justification to such a bogus amount of money for a petty project, that money could have been channeled into building an industry to create jobs. Our leaders are all same.

P.S- Y'll should get your voter card, INEC would not count your prayers but your votes.
my dear there's justification ooh. How dem go take chop?how will they show us they are "fighting" corruption?

1 Like

Re: Why We Set Aside N4.9billion For Aso Rock Electrical Maintenance - DG Budget by jaymejate: 9:30am On Feb 01, 2018
Haaa shocked 4.9 Billion To Do Wiring Ehn, Are U Taking Light From Heaven?

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest 10 IPOB Members In Bayelsa / Stock Market Response To New Presidents Since 1999 / Abdumumuni Jubril Must Go – Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.