Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review (921 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 05, 2007
pls review this site www.allanahassociates.com
Re: Website Review by my2cents(m): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2007
1) Overall Design: Simple layout.

2) Fade behind the "welcome, " header

Dislikes:
1) Site is in HTML: My fear is that if you or whomever is asked to update something, you may have to touch all pages.

2) Logo: seems a bit hazy

3) Left Nav Menu: I would add some interactivity (background changes color on mouseover, or arrow moves inwards)

4) Flash: Since it was always moving, I found it hard to concentrate on the content. I would probably reduce scenes to 3 and add a "stop()" function to the last keyframe.

5) Footer: Text isn't consistent with the body of the pages. Also, color is black on "contact us" page

6) Title bar says same thing on all pages.

7) Contact us page has yahoo addresses. A company should have email addresses that match their company name.

cool "Allanah Mails" link isn't functional

9) spacing b/w "about us" header and page content is inconsistent with say "management team" and its content

Minor things (personal preferences):
[list]
[li]"Flash says "Lets" instead of "Let's". . [/li]
[li]I would also probably also separate the products into separate pages as opposed to listing them on one long page or at least have "back to top"[/li]
[li]I would put a contact form on "contact us" page so people can contact them right away[/li]
[li]I would add photos of team members on "our team" page to add that personal touch to the site.[/li]
[li]Move CSS into its own file[/li]
[li]Granted site isn't heavy, in the future, for SEO, abstraction and readability reasons, move away from tables[/li]
[/list]

I hope these help
Re: Website Review by phantomcat(m): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2007
guy nice one i see u are improving keep it up.

but the logo is not really clear, the nav on the left is not too clear it would be better with a mouse over effect. and some more pics would make it a little lighter. but its a good one
Re: Website Review by Nobody: 3:17am On Mar 12, 2007
Guy thanks for your opinions it helps alot hello phantom cat i guess u are tosan
Re: Website Review by goldenimp(m): 5:35am On Mar 13, 2007
ooooooooooops and double oops, shocked you got the spelling of associates wrong on the banner, it reads ASSOCAITES. the allanah families wont like that at all o wink

the logo looks like you scanned there letter head paper, wil do better if you could re create it on fireworks etc

page background (the light grey) would look better on a darker grey

(1) (Reply)

Website Security / Bandwidth Speed Monitor / How Is This Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.