Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here (49917 Views)

My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by BedLam: 7:07am On May 03, 2018
TCD:

you have nothing to worry about. just renew your passport and have the old one at hand too when you travel. your new passport contains the number of your old passport plus the number of your new passport .
What if in the case where a married woman decides to change her last name in the new passport?

Note: she ready applied for the fan ID with her previous passport and maiden name.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by oshobugie22: 5:35pm On May 03, 2018
Go and get a court Affidavit
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Aliciakeys(f): 7:05pm On May 04, 2018
cowleg:
Hope to be there. How can I get the tickets and accommodation presently living in a close by Bulgaria. Guys how can I get tickets and how much should be budgeted for accommodation.

Just sent you an email request. Please respond
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by prittygift114: 10:02pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=Aliciakeys post=67284004]

Just sent you an email request. Please respond[/

Hi Alicia keys.....are yiu also planning of using Russia route? If you! Let connect.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Aliciakeys(f): 10:49pm On May 04, 2018
[quote author=prittygift114 post=67288322][/quote]

Where exactly do you want to go to? Email sent
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by kolly4gunn: 7:23am On May 05, 2018
Jakes4real2013:
Fan id serves as a visa into the russian federation. Fans can travel frm 4th of june n must return bck no later than 25 of july. With ur Fan Id transportation within d russian territory will b free ie train and bus only. Without the fan id u will not b allowed into the stadium(ticket inclusive). N ur Fan id must b hung ranging to ur chest with d main page visible at all times.
Moreso, to n fro flight tickets must b bought before u leave. (as of today tickets re around 340-450k to n fro) with emirates, qatar n turkey airways offering d lowest prices. Prices of hotels can b check on online. Personally, i will b staying in ma own apartment with ma wife. (so no idea abt hotel stuffs). Bt i knw der re hotels n (hostels frm 2-5 peesons per room) relatively cheap. Fan id are on sales but as d tournament draws closer prices rise. I did mine for about a 110k naira. (courrier inclusive). My wife in russia did mine for me cos i dnt trust dis agency stuffs. Pls note... Am not an agent.
Pls ur fan id gives u free movement only in the host cities, dnt travel to anoda city dat is not hosting any of the matches. If not u go dey soup. Feel free to ask any question. Will always b here to update u guys.

What is your advise for people that plan to use there fan id to travel to Russia then enter train to neighboring countries like Finland Poland or Germany because some people in Russia plan to take people from Russia to Germany
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by BedLam: 9:44am On May 05, 2018
Can confirm censorship on here is worse than China. undecided
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Paulbennett: 6:39pm On May 05, 2018
Please, what is ur advice on the Russian World Cup visa that is going on now. I want to go for the visa
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Ussyberry(m): 8:40pm On May 05, 2018
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by BossLaifay(f): 7:53am On May 06, 2018
kolly4gunn:

What is your advise for people that plan to use there fan id to travel to Russia then enter train to neighboring countries like Finland Poland or Germany because some people in Russia plan to take people from Russia to Germany
Lol. Are you looking for someone to cheer you on?
Don't do what you would regret.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by BedLam: 8:23am On May 06, 2018
Paulbennett:
Please, what is ur advice on the Russian World Cup visa that is going on now. I want to go for the visa
It won't hurt to read from the beginning of this page.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by naijaceo: 3:37pm On May 06, 2018
yankison:

I got.my fan id today .. where is the cheapest place to lodge ..

Pls, when and how did you apply sir? And Pls how long does it take to get the hard copy?

Very urgent sir!!!

Thanks...
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Ussyberry(m): 7:37pm On May 06, 2018
naijaceo:

Pls, when and how did you apply sir? And Pls how long does it take to get the hard copy?

Very urgent sir!!!

Thanks...

The fastest and easiest way to get a ticket is to buy it online on the FIFA website. There are only three matches left to buy online.

As it is last minute sale you will not get the hard copy ticket sent, you have to reach Russia to pick it up. As soon as you buy the ticket you can apply for the Fan ID immediately. It is free and once your details are correct you will get instant approval.

The last Fan ID I witnessed being approved was 2 weeks ago and it has not been sent out yet. They said 30 days for delivery.

I have not got my hard copy match ticket yet but I’ve got the Fan ID.

The only matches left have only the $210 seats remaining and they are red meaning the demand is high.

No more naija matches left at all.

My advise is for you to buy any match at all now, as in right now. Then apply for the fan iD now too. You should get the FAN ID before the opening game.

Emirates flight is still just under 400k Naira

As per accommodation. Na hostel get u. They are around $20 a bed a night. That is for those with like 10 people a room. You can still get hotel under $100 a night even in Moscow.

Hope this helps. I’m sure GTBank and UBA cards will work. Standard chartered will not work. Hope this helps.

Load 100k in your GTBank card and buy now. As in now now.

That being said there are agents that probably bought bulk for their customers. They claim to still have match tickets for the group games.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by naijaceo: 8:18pm On May 06, 2018
Ussyberry:

The fastest and easiest way to get a ticket is to buy it online on the FIFA website. There are only three matches left to buy online.

As it is last minute sale you will not get the hard copy ticket sent, you have to reach Russia to pick it up. As soon as you buy the ticket you can apply for the Fan ID immediately. It is free and once your details are correct you will get instant approval.

The last Fan ID I witnessed being approved was 2 weeks ago and it has not been sent out yet. They said 30 days for delivery.

I have not got my hard copy match ticket yet but I’ve got the Fan ID.

The only matches left have only the $210 seats remaining and they are red meaning the demand is high.

No more naija matches left at all.

My advise is for you to buy any match at all now, as in right now. Then apply for the fan iD now too. You should get the FAN ID before the opening game.

Emirates flight is still just under 400k Naira

As per accommodation. Na hostel get u. They are around $20 a bed a night. That is for those with like 10 people a room. You can still get hotel under $100 a night even in Moscow.

Hope this helps. I’m sure GTBank and UBA cards will work. Standard chartered will not work. Hope this helps.

Load 100k in your GTBank card and buy now. As in now now.

That being said there are agents that probably bought bulk for their customers. They claim to still have match tickets for the group games.

Well detailed Bro but I can't meet up.... It is not even too important I watch any match; I just want to travel to boost my travelling experience.

I hope Russian embassy can be friendly with their visa during this World Cup season so maybe I consider that channel.

What do you think sir?

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Ussyberry(m): 1:08am On May 07, 2018
naijaceo:

Well detailed Bro but I can't meet up.... It is not even too important I watch any match; I just want to travel to boost my travelling experience.

I hope Russian embassy can be friendly with their visa during this World Cup season so maybe I consider that channel.

What do you think sir?

No! Even if you want to go to the embassy you will have to pay visa fees which may be even up to the $210 that is guaranteed to yield the fan id.

If is travel to Russia, this is the sure bet.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Zaytun11(m): 1:31am On May 07, 2018
BedLam:
3 weeks. Really.
3 weeks is enough
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Zaytun11(m): 1:33am On May 07, 2018
Ussyberry:

No! Even if you want to go to the embassy you will have to pay visa fees which may be even up to the $210 that is guaranteed to yield the fan id.

U don't need to pay visa fee before getting your fan ID
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by naijaceo: 5:54am On May 07, 2018
Ussyberry:

No! I'm not talking about the fees; I'm talking about the time. I'm considering the time if I can still get a ticket for any match cos my Mastercard is having issues since last week Thursday and I'm just going to my bank to complain today.

I don't even know how long it will take for a ticket to be approved (that's another thing I'm considering).
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Ussyberry(m): 7:09am On May 07, 2018
Zaytun11:

U don't need to pay visa fee before getting your fan ID

Yes that is what I’m saying.

Why go to embassy and pay visa fees and may still get rejected.

Instead buy a ticket and get a Fan ID guaranteed. It’s a safer option
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Ussyberry(m): 7:11am On May 07, 2018
naijaceo:

No! I'm not talking about the fees; I'm talking about the time. I'm considering the time if I can still get a ticket for any match cos my Mastercard is having issues since last week Thursday and I'm just going to my bank to complain today.

I don't even know how long it will take for a ticket to be approved (that's another thing I'm considering).

30 minutes you can get the ticket and Fan ID approved. GTbank Card and UBA will work
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by naijaceo: 7:50am On May 07, 2018
Ussyberry:

30 minutes you can get the ticket and Fan ID approved. GTbank Card and UBA will work

Oh thanks Bro! I will let you know when I resolve my atm card issue and ready to apply.

Thanks Bro!
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by naijaceo: 8:03am On May 07, 2018
Ussyberry:

I'm on the FIFA website now; only 2 matches has low availability which means, once marked "currently unavailable" I will not be able to buy any ticket again?
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Ussyberry(m): 5:55pm On May 07, 2018
naijaceo:

I'm on the FIFA website now; only 2 matches has low availability which means, once marked "currently unavailable" I will not be able to buy any ticket again?

Yes. If it say unavailable you cant purchase. Also even if it doesn’t say unavailable, if there is no color on it (red, yellow or green) you can’t buy. When I checked last all 3 were red.

Meanwhile that Fan ID from 2 weeks ago is ready. He got a text to come collect at VFS today

Meaning fan id is now two weeks
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by helpee(m): 7:18am On May 10, 2018
Please if you have confirmed your travel to russia lets connect. I am going with my wife. We have tickets to the first two nigerian matches. If we dont get ticket for nigeria argentina match we will stay at the fan zone. THIS IS MY ITINERARY SO WE CAN CONNECT. We wi leave lagos on 11th june via turkish night flight(PAID FLIGHT). We will arrive st peterburg 12th. We will go and watch a ballet at Mariinnsky theatre that night. We have paid for hotel. We will do a segway tour the following day visiting st hermitage, church of the spilled blood , winter palace and see the WHITE NIGHTS. We will take a flight to kalinigrad on 15th june and watch nigeria croatia match . We have paid for hotel in kalinigrad. We will leave kalimigrad on 18th june to MOSCOW. We would visit curonian spit in kalinigrad before leaving. I paid for hotel in moscow too. Club 27. We will visit kremlin, red square etc Then we wi take a 24 hr free train to volgograd on 21st to arrive 22nd for nigeria second match. We only booked one night in volgograd. We will leave by 6.30am via 24hr Free train back to moscow. From moscow i will take another sleeper train to st peterburg....not free since i dont have ticket to nigeria argentina match. I will arrive 24th, rest 25th, watch nigeria argentina on 26th at the fans zone then leave on the 27th back to lagos. I started planning in march. We both got our fan ID via post office already. We have paid for flights, booked free trains, paid for hotel. I AM ONLY COUNTING DAYS. I will be posting pictures live from russia on this thread. (I HAVE FREE TRAIN TICKET TO KALINIGRAD TOO BUT I WILL NEED BELARUS TRANSIT VISA SINCE THE TRAIN WILL TRAVEL THROUGH BELARUS AND LITHUANIAN. THAT IS WHY I AM FLYING. IT WOULD HAVE SAVED ME TWO DAYS HOTEL MONEY AND FLIGHT TICKES)
So if your itinerary cross mine at any time, kindly holla me for a nairaland REUNION in russia

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by naijaceo: 7:52am On May 10, 2018
Ussyberry:

Yes. If it say unavailable you cant purchase. Also even if it doesn’t say unavailable, if there is no color on it (red, yellow or green) you can’t buy. When I checked last all 3 were red.

Meanwhile that Fan ID from 2 weeks ago is ready. He got a text to come collect at VFS today

Meaning fan id is now two weeks

Thanks Baba!
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by BedLam: 8:49pm On May 10, 2018
helpee:
Please if you have confirmed your travel to russia lets connect. I am going with my wife. We have tickets to the first two nigerian matches. If we dont get ticket for nigeria argentina match we will stay at the fan zone. THIS IS MY ITINERARY SO WE CAN CONNECT. We wi leave lagos on 11th june via turkish night flight(PAID FLIGHT). We will arrive st peterburg 12th. We will go and watch a ballet at Mariinnsky theatre that night. We have paid for hotel. We will do a segway tour the following day visiting st hermitage, church of the spilled blood , winter palace and see the WHITE NIGHTS. We will take a flight to kalinigrad on 15th june and watch nigeria croatia match . We have paid for hotel in kalinigrad. We will leave kalimigrad on 18th june to MOSCOW. We would visit curonian spit in kalinigrad before leaving. I paid for hotel in moscow too. Club 27. We will visit kremlin, red square etc Then we wi take a 24 hr free train to volgograd on 21st to arrive 22nd for nigeria second match. We only booked one night in volgograd. We will leave by 6.30am via 24hr Free train back to moscow. From moscow i will take another sleeper train to st peterburg....not free since i dont have ticket to nigeria argentina match. I will arrive 24th, rest 25th, watch nigeria argentina on 26th at the fans zone then leave on the 27th back to lagos. I started planning in march. We both got our fan ID via post office already. We have paid for flights, booked free trains, paid for hotel. I AM ONLY COUNTING DAYS. I will be posting pictures live from russia on this thread. (I HAVE FREE TRAIN TICKET TO KALINIGRAD TOO BUT I WILL NEED BELARUS VISA AND SCHENGHEN TRANSIT VISA SINCE THE TRAIN WILL TRAVEL THROUGH BELARUS AND LITHUANIAN. THAT IS WHY I AM FLYING. IT WOULD HAVE SAVED ME TWO DAYS HOTEL MONEY AND FLIGHT TICKES)
So if your itinerary cross mine at any time, kindly holla me for a nairaland REUNION in russia
It would be nice to link up. I'm going with my wife as well but taking Qatar airways and using that window to see Qatar for 3 days since booking with Qatar airways gives you transit Visa for about 3 nights or so.
The only match I'm watching is the one in kaliningrad. My hotels are sorted, will be touring the Moscow metro and inner parts of Moscow and St Petersburg through Airbnb Experience. I should update on when my flight is leaving Lagos.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by helpee(m): 1:54am On May 11, 2018
BedLam:
It would be nice to link up. I'm going with my wife as well but taking Qatar airways and using that window to see Qatar for 3 days since booking with Qatar airways gives you transit Visa for about 3 nights or so.
The only match I'm watching is the one in kaliningrad. My hotels are sorted, will be touring the Moscow metro and inner parts of Moscow and St Petersburg through Airbnb Experience. I should update on when my flight is leaving Lagos.
whaoh!!! I didnt know about that qatar stuff. It would have been nice doing it together with russia. Too late. I have a fully paid flight via turkish. I will keep in touch so we can meet for a nairaland photo shoot in kalinigrad
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by BedLam: 1:21pm On May 11, 2018
helpee:
whaoh!!! I didnt know about that qatar stuff. It would have been nice doing it together with russia. Too late. I have a fully paid flight via turkish. I will keep in touch so we can meet for a nairaland photo shoot in kalinigrad
Sure. That would be nice.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by kolly4gunn: 2:10pm On May 12, 2018
helpee:
Please if you have confirmed your travel to russia lets connect. I am going with my wife. We have tickets to the first two nigerian matches. If we dont get ticket for nigeria argentina match we will stay at the fan zone. THIS IS MY ITINERARY SO WE CAN CONNECT. We wi leave lagos on 11th june via turkish night flight(PAID FLIGHT). We will arrive st peterburg 12th. We will go and watch a ballet at Mariinnsky theatre that night. We have paid for hotel. We will do a segway tour the following day visiting st hermitage, church of the spilled blood , winter palace and see the WHITE NIGHTS. We will take a flight to kalinigrad on 15th june and watch nigeria croatia match . We have paid for hotel in kalinigrad. We will leave kalimigrad on 18th june to MOSCOW. We would visit curonian spit in kalinigrad before leaving. I paid for hotel in moscow too. Club 27. We will visit kremlin, red square etc Then we wi take a 24 hr free train to volgograd on 21st to arrive 22nd for nigeria second match. We only booked one night in volgograd. We will leave by 6.30am via 24hr Free train back to moscow. From moscow i will take another sleeper train to st peterburg....not free since i dont have ticket to nigeria argentina match. I will arrive 24th, rest 25th, watch nigeria argentina on 26th at the fans zone then leave on the 27th back to lagos. I started planning in march. We both got our fan ID via post office already. We have paid for flights, booked free trains, paid for hotel. I AM ONLY COUNTING DAYS. I will be posting pictures live from russia on this thread. (I HAVE FREE TRAIN TICKET TO KALINIGRAD TOO BUT I WILL NEED BELARUS VISA AND SCHENGHEN TRANSIT VISA SINCE THE TRAIN WILL TRAVEL THROUGH BELARUS AND LITHUANIAN. THAT IS WHY I AM FLYING. IT WOULD HAVE SAVED ME TWO DAYS HOTEL MONEY AND FLIGHT TICKES)

Pls how much is turkish airline ,,you said you need SCHENGHEN TRANSIT VISA before you can go to Kalinigrad..pls explain more about this because i was thinking of flying from lagos to moscow and enter to train to kalinigrad to watch nigeria match there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Crash Barrier Stops Danfo From Falling Off The 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Camels Swim In The Ocean As They Migrate (Video) / See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.