Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

... - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (29318 Views)

Dwarf hybrid pawpaw Seed & Seedling Is Available. / Buy Your Dwarf Seedling Orange,lemon,mango,cashew, Pawpaw,ogbono,palm,bittercola / My Cucumber Trial In Uyo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by mrvitalis(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cocoboms:

Sir, you wanna do 20hectares of papaya shocked perhaps you are thinking of going into export or processing
Nope.. Just fresh consumption...

One of the reason people like me don't eat pawpaw enough is cos I'm not sure of the sweetness of the pawpaw I'm going to buy next

My land is 45 mins from owerri
45 min from aba
Just over one hour from umuahia
Less than 2 hours from port Harcourt
2 hours 30 minutes from bayelsa
Just over 3 hours from enugu...

So we plan to sale to this six cities... Once the sellers are guaranteed of the sweetness of our pawpaw they would look for us

We are also getting trucks to move it around

It's a risk I'm willing to take... Embarking 10 million for the project... So I'm ready.... Worst case I lose all my money

Thanks for your concern though

3 Likes

Re: ... by Cocoboms(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
mrvitalis:

Nope.. Just fresh consumption...

One of the reason people like me don't eat pawpaw enough is cos I'm not sure of the sweetness of the pawpaw I'm going to buy next

My land is 45 mins from owerri
45 min from aba
Just over one hour from umuahia
Less than 2 hours from port Harcourt
2 hours 30 minutes from bayelsa
Just over 3 hours from enugu...

So we plan to sale to this six cities... Once the sellers are guaranteed of the sweetness of our pawpaw they would look for us

We are also getting trucks to move it around

It's a risk I'm willing to take... Embarking 10 million for the project... So I'm ready.... Worst case I lose all my money

Thanks for your concern though

I love the strategy...but why not start considerably smaller and still supply these six cities. Then when you see d volume isn't enough to fill these markets, you scale up. 20 hectares is like 40,000 papaya trees oo. To even do custom drip irrigation on 2 hectares is not cheap.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
mrvitalis:

Like I told you before boss... Today we are going to pay for the land we leased in IMO state, it's supposed to be 20 hectares minimum but my surveyors would tell us the exact number

I want to go with Lady Red but this vega is impressive with its number of fruits... Would definitely love to consult you even if it's paying

Looking at irrigation pipes at allibaba, being a mechanical engineer ...im really looking for a way to do the irrigation at the cheapest cost...

Would really love to work with u on this
Go for the Red royale from east west. You need to get a feasibility study before you embark on that project.
The Vega f1 is good but fruit size is small. The red royale will be a better option.

Why not divide the hectares into two tree crop? If you want this, i advise you for the momax3 moringa. You could be plugging cash in months.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Cocoboms(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Go for the Red royale from east west. You need to get a feasibility study before you embark on that project.
The Vega f1 is good but fruit size is small. The red royale will be a better option.

Why not divide the hectares into two tree crop? If you want this, i advise you for the momax3 moringa. You could be plugging cash in months.

Do the east west seed agents in Nigeria still stock Red royal f1? I thought they discontinued it cos of its anthracnose susceptibility.
Re: ... by mrvitalis(m): 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Let's talk more about this boss... Can I have your contact
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cocoboms:

Do the east west seed agents in Nigeria still stock Red royal f1? I thought they discontinued it cos of its anthracnose susceptibility.
Yes. They have new seeds now but I won't know whether its improved over the former scarce one. Its now sold in seeds of 500.

The irony is that this Vega f1 seem to have some dry leaf problem that looks like anthracnose susceptibility which is more of a rainy season than a dry season problem.

I will post pictures tomorrow and will inquire from east west rep in Nigeria about this problem you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: ... by Cocoboms(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Yes. They have new seeds now but I won't know whether its improved over the former scarce one. Its now sold in seeds of 500.

The irony is that this Vega f1 seem to have some dry leaf problem that looks like anthracnose susceptibility which is more of a rainy season than a dry season problem.

I will post pictures tomorrow and will inquire from east west rep in Nigeria about this problem you mentioned.

Anthracnose is truly more of a rainy season problem. I think it affects d fruits more in red royale f1. But red royale is excellent for its taste, height of plant and size of fruit. I'll love to grow it commercially.

Any idea how much the 500 seeds are sold now?
Re: ... by manya(m): 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
Cocoboms:

Anthracnose is truly more of a rainy season problem. I think it affects d fruits more in red royale f1. But red royale is excellent for its taste, height of plant and size of fruit. I'll love to grow it commercially.

Any idea how much the 500 seeds are sold now?
N15000 per pack of 500 seeds, minus transport.
Re: ... by Cocoboms(m): 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
manya:

N15000 per pack of 500 seeds, minus transport.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: ... by manya(m): 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

i advise you for the momax3 moringa. You could be plugging cash in months.
What Moringa is that? How can one get it sir?
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
manya:

What Moringa is that? How can one get it sir?
Available from $900 for 1kg seeds. Thats the moq (minimum order quantity from India)
Re: ... by olushollys(m): 10:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Available from $900 for 1kg seeds. Thats the moq (minimum order quantity from India)
Oga emma this is irsesistably tempting.
Please tell me more.
To start with an acre how much seed do I need, the expected yeild and time of maturity.
Would seriously appreciate your kind response.
Thanks
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 21, 2018
olushollys:

Oga emma this is irsesistably tempting.
Please tell me more.
To start with an acre how much seed do I need, the expected yeild and time of maturity.
Would seriously appreciate your kind response.
Thanks

1kg is approximately 3000-3200 seeds
1 hectare is about 1600 seeds (assuming 100 seeds dont germinate) approx 1700 seeds
1 acre will be 1700/2.5 = 680 seeds

There is an order of 1000 seeds at $515 to Nigeria.
The only thing holding some of us back in farming is the in-decision of staying in Nigeria or porting out later. tongue

1 Like

Re: ... by gabrielokeke555(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
Are you into horticultural crops already or you're thinking about setting up one?

Get your quality agricultural and horticultural inputs such as; hybrid and OPV veggie seeds (Tomatoes, Cucumber, Okra, Sweet Peppers, Hot Peppers, Sweet corn, Radish, Butternut, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Green beans, Watermelon, Onions, Carrot and Kale) from The Netherlands, seedling trays, coco peat, mulching foil/film, water soluble fertilizers, drip tube and spray tube irrigation equipment and tunnels.

Our office is Afri-Agri Products Limited located at No. 4 Metalbox Road, off Acme Road, Ogba Industrial Scheme, Ikeja-Lagos.
Or visit our website at www.afri-agri.com ; Email: info@afri-agri.com

You can also contact this numbers via call or : 07066935103, 08132253414 or +234 1 295 7814

It's our pleasure doing business and sharing knowledge with you.

Re: ... by manya(m): 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Who sells them? How can we contanct the seller?
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2018
manya:

Who sells them? How can we contanct the seller?
The innovator of the seed is an Indian PhD holder. If you are ready, I will supply you the number.
Re: ... by pat077: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

1kg is approximately 3000-3200 seeds
1 hectare is about 1600 seeds (assuming 100 seeds dont germinate) approx 1700 seeds
1 acre will be 1700/2.5 = 680 seeds

There is an order of 1000 seeds at $515 to Nigeria.
The only thing holding some of us back in farming is the in-decision of staying in Nigeria or porting out later. tongue
what is the maturity time?
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2018
pat077:
what is the maturity time?
4 months for fruiting and 6 months for full harvesting. It yields twice a year

Expected yield for first year is about 2000 kg seeds per hectare or about 1.3kg seed per tree
Re: ... by pat077: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Expected yield for first year is about 2000 kg seeds per hectare or about 1.3kg seed per tree
is the 2000kg for one harvest or for the whole year?
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 23, 2018
pat077:
is the 2000kg for one harvest or for the whole year?
Yes for the whole year (twice combined) but expected yield to grow to 4000kg second year, 5000-7000kg third year
Re: ... by uboma(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Are you sure? I thought the roots are fibrous and very weak.

You are right. The roots of a Pawpaw plant/tree do not really go deep down the soil. They are usually very weak.
Re: ... by olushollys(m): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Yes for the whole year (twice combined) but expected yield to grow to 4000kg second year, 5000-7000kg third year
.....and what about the market and profitability
Do we have ready buyers here in Nigeria or where?
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
olushollys:

.....and what about the market and profitability
Do we have ready buyers here in Nigeria or where?
Buyers are everywhere especially if you sell the seeds.
Re: ... by noblefrank31(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Hello Mr. Emma, I will like to chat you up for details on moringa farming. How do I contact you?
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
noblefrank31:

Hello Mr. Emma, I will like to chat you up for details on moringa farming. How do I contact you?
see my profile page
Re: ... by okeyfermod(m): 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
Nice thread
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
I am about to order for the momax3 moringa seeds. Anyone interested in small quantity of a minimum 200 seeds should contact me.
Re: ... by manya(m): 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
I am about to order for the momax3 moringa seeds. Anyone interested in small quantity of a minimum 200 seeds should contact me.
I need it please.
Re: ... by kodred(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

When selling, How much is it per kg sir?
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
kodred:

When selling, How much is it per kg sir?

Price range from 1200-2500 per kg
Re: ... by kodred(m): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Price range from 1200-2500 per kg

Naira?
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
kodred:

Naira?
Naira but if I do the farm I will likely not sell the seeds but the refined oil. I saw a Chinese oil machine that can mill it to international standard for about 1.2m in Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tomato Ebola Hits Six States – FG / Why Tomatoes Are Always Expensive From May Till July And The Glut In August / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.