Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State (13933 Views)

Akeredolu Criticises Hate Speech Bill, Kicks against Death Penalty For offenders / Anambra New CP Assumes Office, Discloses Plans For Cultism, Robbery, Other Crime / Osinbajo Reacts To Reports Claiming He Said “kidnapping In Nigeria Exaggerated” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by anyimontana(m): 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
U should b banned...
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by iLegendd(m): 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
Oyindidi:
Good one
lipsrsealed
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
That picture is too graphic!!!
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by consultancy: 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
MOD edit the topic. "Robbery" is not the same as "Armed robbery"
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by 8stargeneral: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2018
Good one from wike.
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by SAMBARRY: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2018
xmanco42:
the person above me must you post the pics
o YES.Since no one wants to expose r@peest we have to show the world their handiwork

There's a proverb in Yoruba that says WHEN the eyes are bringing out dirts,we need to remove the dirts and show the eyes that it is dirty.child rapeests have to be shamed for the world to see how gruesome they are
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by SAMBARRY: 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2018
Rolly83:
That picture is too graphic!!!
dedicated to all pedophiles in and out of nairaland and to let the world know that cultism and ,armed robbery is as serious as child r@pe.I will keep spreading the picture all over nairaland till child r@pe is taken seriously since you all think everything is a joking matter
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by xmanco42: 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2018
SAMBARRY:
o YES.Since no one wants to expose r@peest we have to show the world their handiwork

There's a proverb in Yoruba that says WHEN the eyes are bringing out dirts,we need to remove the dirts and show the eyes that it is dirty.child rapeests have to be shamed for the world to see how gruesome they are
OK thank God I wasn't eating when I saw it
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by autonomous22: 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2018
We the indigenous ppl of rivers state are say NO to such law, is too heavy. the penalty shud b reduced unless dey want to kill almost all rivers youths..
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by SAMBARRY: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2018
xmanco42:
OK thank God I wasn't eating when I saw it
I'm surprised a lot of men ARE ashamed and irritated at the sight of a r@ped baby but not ashamed to r@pe babies and codemn it's barbaric practice
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Tunagee(m): 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2018
Groovenaija360:
The bill prescribing death penalty for cultism, armed robbery, kidnapping and light arms proliferation in Rivers is now at the committee stage, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The Executive Bill seeks to amend an existing law that assigned 10 years imprisonment for cultism and related offences in the state.

During debate on Wednesday, members of the Rivers State House of Assembly, expressed support for the amendment process, noting that death penalty was most suitable to discourage perpetrators of such crimes.

Mr Ahiakwo Christian, representing ONELGA Constituency 1, also condemned criminal activities across the state and sued for urgent steps by the government toward ending the menace.

He said one of such actions was to prescribe stiffer punishment for culprits.
he said.

Also, the Speaker, Mr Ikuinyi Ibani, said there was the need for stiffer punishment for cultism and related offences.

He said that until the issue of light arms proliferation was well regulated, insecurity might continue to threaten humanity.

he said.

The Speaker also constituted a committee that would collate contributions and relevant reports that would enhance easy passage of the bill.

He urged members of the committee to allow contributions from stakeholders, including Civil Society Organisations and the public to enrich its report.

Also at the committee stage is a bill seeking to establish the state security outfit that will support the existing security agencies in the state.

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/cultism-robbery-others-attract-death-penalty-rivers/

GOOD!!
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by ofuonyebi: 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
useless laws and useless leaders!....why are they not joining <CORRUPTION> to the gallery if they are sincere?

just looking for opportunity to reduce the numbers of the jobless youths...while pretending to be saints

if they make a law on corruption..nobi all of them go die?...yes, if say na lie..then join corruption to your death sentence
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by SAMBARRY: 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
autonomous22:
We the indigenous ppl of rivers state are say NO to such law, is too heavy. the penalty shud b reduced unless dey want to kill almost all rivers youths..
shun cultism.there's nothing worthwhile in cultism except for social vices and other behaviors predominantly dominated among touts,nonenties and the dregs of the earth
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Deo1986(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2018
I laugh at this news in Ikwerre grin who are the law makers enacting this law? The speaker is a norseman (vikings) inshort all the 27 lawmakers in Rivers state house of assembly are norsemen! So how practicable the law if passed will be we will wait to see.

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by xoftxoul: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
why not do same to corruption... and should be enacted in haste just as they're doing to cultism. biased move!!!!
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by autonomous22: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2018
SAMBARRY:
shun cultism.there's nothing worthwhile in cultism except for social vices and other behaviors predominantly dominated among touts,nonenties and the dregs of the earth

I Neva said I was, or supported cultism... but d penalty is too heavy, it shud b reduced....
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by jonero4(m): 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2018
i am a member of NBM aka ..come and keee me
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Oyindidi(f): 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2018
iLegendd:
lipsrsealed
What?
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Elfaris(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2018
But Not for corrupt politicians who rob innocent citizens of basic things of life? SMH
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by dingbang(m): 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
All of you people that are shouting good news.. Be careful. You forget that the Nigerian police are after scapegoats (innocent people) who they will tag criminals so that the entire populace will think they are working.
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Charly68: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2018
Now I know the Governor is ready to stamp out criminality from the state. Kudos to the Governor for this bold step
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by talk2emma: 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2018
What about looters
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by SAMBARRY: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2018
autonomous22:

I Neva said I was, or supported cultism... but d penalty is too heavy, it shud b reduced....
cultist are murderers,kidnappers,rapist,ritualists and spare parts distributors and what is The befitting punishment for these categories of nuisance in the society-death

We need to get rid of them so we can feel safe again the way ikorodu people got rid of indigenous cultists aka badoo
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Navalsadiq(m): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
Can rivers be safe.if these is properly implemented then I still have more visit to PH. Pitakwa
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by osazeeblue01: 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
Good one
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by knightehis(m): 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
What of corrupt leaders We can give them second term. Nonsense
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by AdaFonju: 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
Yankee101:
But provide full evidence before executing anyone through the law.

Enough of arbitrary killings.

If Rivers had no Oil & Gas people would have deserted that place long ago like Sambisa with all the violence going on
Kidnapper spotted, people like you will never see anything good, tribalist
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by AdaFonju: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2018
autonomous22:
[s]We the indigenous ppl of rivers state are say NO to such law, is too heavy. the penalty shud b reduced unless dey want to kill almost all rivers youths[/s]..
Oh shut up, either you love Rivers state or leave her alone, simple
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
Much ado about nothing. They should discipline themselves first by passing death penalty on corruption. Leaders should lead by example.
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by booz(m): 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2018
How ironical! Politicians can be funny you know.

If the new law is anything to reckon with, then almost 95% of Rivers State political office holders would be on the death roll. Starting from the former minister cum...
Re: Death Penalty For Cultism, Robbery, Kidnapping In Rivers State by autonomous22: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2018
AdaFonju:
Oh shut up, either you love Rivers state or leave her alone, simple
fvck out... You don't know anything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chibuike Amechi Is My Name, I Am Igbo From Ikwere And Ikwere People Are Igbo. / Nigeria To Spend N103 Billion Monthly On Petrol Subsidy / Ngige: We Did Everything Possible To Stop Doctors’ Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.