Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria (58343 Views)

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
CAN rejects Benny Hinn’s prophesy on Nigeria

Hinn didn’t imply Nigeria has no prophets -PFN

The Nigerian apex Christian body, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), has said that it does not need any foreign prophet to tell Nigerian Christians that there a spiritual battle over the soul of the nation. Benny Hinn reportedly had prophesied in the presence of Senator Dino Melaye, Femi Falana, Jerry Gana and others, during a recent program organized by Rev Tom Amenkhienan of Christ Embassy Abuja that God had spoken that in a matter of weeks, there will be political changes in Nigeria.

His words: “What I am sensing would happen few weeks from now, not months. I have never sensed before what I am sensing now. God is sending an anointing for political authority to the church. The church would affect the government of Nigeria.

There is a shift in the atmosphere.” According to Benny Hinn, God is bringing changes to Nigeria’s political sector. He continued: “The church has to fast for 21 days just like Daniel did, not 20 or 19. Partial fasting, eat only once in a day.

When you fast, I want you to target the individuals you want to see removed from office. Call them by names and their offices. This time you must take the kingdom by force. I see adjustment and changes in the political sector of Nigeria. “The church has the authority. Kathryn Kuhlman said ‘No nation is stronger than the anointing it’s church is carrying. You must declare the changes you want to see while fasting.’”

The American preacher also asked the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) to organise men of God in Nigeria to take a helicopter ride and speak healing, prosperity and wealth over the atmosphere.

“Pray in tongues over Nigeria. I sense a divine anointing for change that will affect the economy of Nigeria positively. You wait when you finish the fast; you will call me and tell me what God has done in Nigeria. The churches in Nigeria will affect the map of Africa.

We will pray for prosperity to rest in Nigeria and all powers not of God will be defeated. “Call the politicians you do not want to remain in power by their names and their offices. When the fast is over watch what happens in Nigeria. This should be organised by CAN and PFN working with all church leaders in all denominations in the nation. The fast should start immediately starting with repentance for the land and the sins of the church,” he said.

Reacting to the prediction, CAN Secretary, Rev. Musa Asaka said that CAN did not invite Benin Hinn, adding that the American prophet did not speak to CAN. “Does he know CAN? Does he have any relationship with CAN, Asake further asked.

Apparently not moved by Benny Hinn’s prediction, Asake said that many people are coming out to give prophesy that have not come to pass. “So he was not here for CAN, he did not talk to CAN and CAN cannot comment on his prophesy,” CAN Secretary said. Also giving his personal opinion on the issue, the Chairman of CAN Lagos State chapter, Apostle Alex Bamgbola explained that nobody needs to tell the church in Nigeria that it is time to rise up, fast and pray.

He said that has been going on before Benny Hinn came. “The issues confronting us are so serious and we know that Christianity is being challenges so fasting and praying have been going on already, we are crying on to the Lord,” Bamgbola added. He, however, noted that there are many prophets all over the world.

“We have enough prophets in Nigeria, so we appreciate his comment that is my personal opinion,” Bamgbola said. He, however, added that prior to Benny Hinn’s coming, CAN Lagos had scheduled prayers and fasting meetings.

“That is part of what I am talking about. It is not because Benny Hinn asked us to fast and pray, we understand that the problems we have is not carnal but spiritual.

We know that we have a serious battle to fight, because the soul of this nation is being contested and the battle is more spiritual than physical,” Apostle Bamgbola added. But PFN President, Dr. Felix Omobude, said that Benny Hinn did not imply that there are no prophets in Nigeria. He however explained that Nigerian Christians have been a praying people.

“Benny Hinn is a known prophet’ I am sure that he did not imply that there are no prophets in Nigeria. There is no need to say he is a foreigner or so, if he had been a Nigerian, of course we will act upon his prophesy,” Omobude said.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/01/can-rejects-benny-hinns-prophesy-nigeria/

See reactions below...

Anie February 1, 2018 at 11:57 pm
It’s so good to know that some folks are still in their kindergarten in their christian walk even when they are celebrated as leaders.Sadly, they don’t grow in God by their religiosity, age or title. The statement has revealed what CAN really stand for. Hatred, politics, pride…name it! It’s soooo sad.

Anyeri January 31, 2018 at 8:47 pm
PRIDE. This is the very sin that makes it look as if God has rejected these people. And they do not seem to be ready to give up their old ways.
They are angry because Benny Hinn seems to respond to only Pst Chris Oyakhilome’s invitation.
God did not send you to attack pastor Chris when you did so several years ago. Now the stone that you rejected has become the chief corner stone.
That is the normal way things go. Read your bible.

TOPE January 30, 2018 at 3:45 pm
IS ASAKA & BAMGBOLA REALLY MEN OF GOD IF YES Y DISREGARD A CALL TO PRAY FOR THE NATION

Adeola January 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
This response by CAN is exactly why Nigeria is where it is. Pride and arrogance of so called spiritual leaders who are not ready to humble themselves and seek the Lordunited as one body of Christ.

Yusuf January 29, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Xtianization of Nigeria in progress! This man has come to expose a hidden agenda. Wonderful work of God. Nigeria remains a secular state. God save Nigeria.

Oluwasegun January 28, 2018 at 8:48 am
God can send any of his children from any part of the world to any part of the world.can should just humble herself and specifically what the man of God said. And don’t behave like the old prophet in the bible.

Lalasticlala... hope you've started fasting?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Samusu(m): 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
Which kind wahala be dis

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by daveP(m): 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2018
SMH. The perceived arrogance in his tone is sickening. if he be true or false, that's not a way to respond to such an issue.

25 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by heendrix(m): 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
Samusu:
Which kind wahala be dis

33 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by GavelSlam: 12:02am On Feb 03, 2018
Religion the bane of the black man.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Zanas: 12:08am On Feb 03, 2018
These CAN people are just full of pomposity and pride just like the Pharisees in the Bible

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by anibirelawal(m): 12:12am On Feb 03, 2018
I Swear all this pastors are COMEDIANS.

14 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 03, 2018
It is well
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 03, 2018
Lol,, prophecy Hmm ok
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 7:29am On Feb 03, 2018
daveP:
SMH. The perceived arrogance in his tone is sickening. if he be true or false, that's not a way to respond to such an issue.

True

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Himmler: 7:44am On Feb 03, 2018
Benny Hinn? CAN? I don't give a F****k

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Omudia11: 7:49am On Feb 03, 2018
CAN are useless.

6 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Omudia11:
CAN are useless.

Hmm.... not so o shocked

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by nwakaibeya1: 8:25am On Feb 03, 2018
Prophesies of doom on rampage all over as always by so called prophets and pastors who also declares year of this and that and prophesying to others where as their members have no light and power and peace and cant sleep well at night as knowing Jesus Christ guarantees?Knowing Jesus Christ is not about prophesy unto people & Nigeria & those in secular authority of nations,never, knowing Jesus Christ is all about giving light& peace &unbelievable power to followers ask yourself or whoever claims to know Jesus Christ and lead people to him How many of your followers are reigning in those qualities that Jesus Christ declared &gives to those who locate him whereby Jesus Christ said I am the light of the world,do you have that light? Jesus said I am the prince of peace do you have that peace, do you sleep well spiritually & physically at night? Behold Jesus Christ said I am the unbelievable power, all power on earth& in heaven have been given to me, that unbelievable power meaning that whoever locates Jesus Christ through whoever that claims to be pastor or prophet must automatically receive those unhindered gifts, no matter your level.My dear ask yourself some deep questions about knowing CHRIST, see John 6,60-68,i reveal things unknown after the creation of the world& this is test&see as we have authorised the whole world to investigate having declared that Jesus Christ kingdom has comeback to revenge& judge people unknown to those claiming to know CHRIST Jesus&don't forget that many seers&prophets asked can anything good come out from where Jesus Christ came from& God himself said I will use the things of foolish to shame those who think that they are wise&you wise one that will read this truth&revelations where do you place your wisdom?No sane person speaks authority without power only the fools speaks authority with empty mouth so you choose but read Mathew 13,13-15

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2018
nwakaibeya1:
Prophesies of doom on rampage all over as always by so called prophets and pastors who also declares year of this and that and prophesying to others where as their members have no light and power and peace and cant sleep well at night as knowing Jesus Christ guarantees?Knowing Jesus Christ is not about prophesy unto people & Nigeria & those in secular authority of nations,never, knowing Jesus Christ is all about giving light& peace &unbelievable power to followers ask yourself or whoever claims to know Jesus Christ and lead people to him How many of your followers are reigning in those qualities that Jesus Christ declared &gives to those who locate him whereby Jesus Christ said I am the light of the world,do you have that light? Jesus said I am the prince of peace do you have that peace, do you sleep well spiritually & physically at night? Behold Jesus Christ said I am the unbelievable power, all power on earth& in heaven have been given to me, that unbelievable power meaning that whoever locates Jesus Christ through whoever that claims to be pastor or prophet must automatically receive those unhindered gifts, no matter your level.My dear ask yourself some deep questions about knowing CHRIST, see John 6,60-68,i reveal things unknown after the creation of the world& this is test&see as we have authorised the whole world to investigate having declared that Jesus Christ kingdom has comeback to revenge& judge people unknown to those claiming to know CHRIST Jesus&don't forget that many seers&prophets asked can anything good come out from where Jesus Christ came from& God himself said I will use the things of foolish to shame those who think that they are wise&you wise one that will read this truth&revelations where do you place your wisdom?No sane person speaks authority without power only the fools speaks authority with empty mouth so you choose but read Mathew 13,13-15

I wish you had cut it short, or at least use paragraphs. undecided

24 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 9:00am On Feb 03, 2018
Benny Hinn the scammer and performance artist

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by geosuzzy(f): 9:23am On Feb 03, 2018
Whatever it is, I think is wrong attacking ourselves as Christians, u can neva see Muslims do this or result to public abuse of demselves

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by usba: 9:27am On Feb 03, 2018
I understand that envying others is wrong but CAN seem to enjoy doing wrong for their selfish reasons.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by HigherEd: 9:41am On Feb 03, 2018
This is so unnecessary. There is no reason to drag a pastor on the media for any reason whatsoever.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 10:53am On Feb 03, 2018
PRAYER POINTS
1.Pray passionately for lost souls in this nation, that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ will shine in their hearts without restrictions.
Declare that every resistance to the gospel is broken, and that as we go forth preaching the gospel everywhere, men's hearts are open to receive our message for their salvation, and satan's bondage and deception is destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2. Pray that like never before, the message of our ministry gains mighty access into every strata of life in this nation, and more and more people in authority are being influenced by our message, causing only righteous laws and decisions that favour Christ's purpose to be made in this nation. Acts 19:20 - So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

3. Pray that the light of our glorious Gospel will continue to shine with increased intensity in our country. Declare that signs and wonders will be a common phenomenon whenever our Gospel is preached, until the knowledge of the Glory of our God covers Nigeria as the water covers the sea. Habakkuk 2:14 - For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

4. Our Man of God Pastor Chris has said ‘no government can eradicate crime, except the preaching of the gospel’. We pray for increase in gospel activities especially through our multifaceted ministry departments; we declare that evil is completely overturned, as sinners pour through these and many other avenues into the Kingdom of God.

5. Declare that the government of the day will promote human rights and dignity, peace and a conducive atmosphere for the preaching of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in every state of this nation. We declare that all in authority who secretly or publicly take positions against the gospel and God's people will suddenly find that they have lost their influence, their counsel is turned to foolishness and loses walue completely in the eyes of the leadership. Proverbs 29:2 - When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

6. Pray against men or institutions who set themselves to foster persecution of Christians and hinder the spread of the gospel, we declare that such forces proceed no further, and the efforts made are futile. In spite of them, the gospel is spreading and prevailing in this nation. 2 Timothy 3:8-9 - Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

7. Pray for continued peace and prosperity in this nation, that fosters the spread and impact of the gospel in all geopolitical zones, in all sectors of this country and in all strata of society. Declare that our message continues to grow and prevail in this nation, bringing peace and an environment of progress all around the nation. Jeremiah 29:7(TLB) - And work for the peace and prosperity of Babylon. Pray for her, for if Babylon has peace, so will you. Kindly spread it to our brethren. God bless yo

9 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2018
21 DAYS PRAYER AND FASTING FOR NIGERIA

PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 2ND FEBRUARY 2018

1. Pray for open and effectual doors for expansion and increased influence of the gospel in all states and cities this nation; we declare that our gospel and ministry influence will continue to grow and dominate religion and all forms of evil. Colossians 4:3 - Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ…

2. We pray for a greater impact of our ministry materials in the lives of people around Nigeria; the unveiling of God’s truth contained in these materials will continually bring healing to the sick, salvation to the unsaved, and hope to the hopeless and down trodden; and countless millions will come to the knowledge of their inheritance in Christ Jesus. Acts 20:32 – And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified

3. Pray for the educational system and for all who are responsible for charting the course of education in our nation, that they would be granted divine wisdom and guidance to take the right decisions, and design a functional and productive educational system at all levels, that turns out producers and innovators, equipped and poised to apply their learning to improve the nation and preserve her heritage. Psalms 32:8 - I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

4. Pray for our Health sector; that all medical personnel and caregivers will have the right attitude and disposition towards every case they receive. Pray for them to be continually filled with love and compassion for the sick and diseased and ever willing to go the extra mile to provide help, relief and succor to those in pain. Luke 10:33-34 – But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, 34And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

5. Pray that the leadership of our nation will administrate her affairs with the fear of God. Declare that they are surrounded only with the right informants and advisers who will guide them to make just policies that favour the common good and foster peace and progress. Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments. Proverbs 21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

9 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 11:00am On Feb 03, 2018
21 DAYS PRAYER AND FASTING FOR NIGERIA

PRAYER POINTS FOR SATURDAY 3RD FEBRUARY 2018

1. Pray for the will, desire and boldness in the hearts of our leaders to do what is right and refuse to yield to corruption and negative influences; that peace may prevail in this nation and the gospel may have free course. Declare that leaders who persist in the exalting and pursuing their personal or sectorial agendas to the detriment of the nation would suddenly be unseated and have no part in the glorious future of our great nation. Isaiah 32:1 – Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment.
JOB 18:5, 8, 17 - Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out, and the spark of his fire shall not shine…For he is cast into a net by his own feet, and he walketh upon a snare…His remembrance shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street.

2. Pray for the young people in our nation, that they are guided into God’s perfect will for their lives, protected from compromising and ungodly influences; declare that Christian youths are standing out as leaders in their generation with boldness, and their dreams and visions borne out of the Word of God will come to fruition as they set forth examples of godly living. Psalms 144:12 - That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

3. Declare that our security apparatus around the nation are strengthened to contain and subdue all forces of violence and destruction. Pray for all security personnel, the officers and men of the Nigerian Police Force, the Armed Forces, to be diligent and committed to their work, and declare that they are helped by the Lord to keep the peace and preserve the integrity and sovereignty of the nation. Declare also that all those instigating or sponsoring violence and terrorism are exposed and their wicked ways are thwarted. Isaiah 60:18 - Violence will not be heard again in your land, nor devastation or destruction within your borders; But you will call your walls salvation, and your gates praise.

4. Prophesy significant positive changes in the economy of this nation; declare that our economy is conducive for businesses and investments to thrive, and that our leaders are yielded to God’s wisdom in steering the nation on the path of sustained economic progress. We reject non-functional economic policies and greedy economic advisers, and declare that all who sit over the nation’s economy will only be people of unselfish integrity, with genuine commitment to the betterment of the nation and her people. 2KINGS 7:1 - Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. 2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.

5. Pray and declare that more and more of our brethren and people who have been genuinely influenced by, and boldly identify with our ministry and message, are granted supernatural opportunities and access in governance, business etc., and they are coming into positions of authority and decision making in this nation to chart a new course and set new standards and records by the wisdom of God. Jeremiah 1:10 - See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 03, 2018

Stupid lot, Christians and Muslims alike.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by gmoney12: 11:51am On Feb 03, 2018
they should accept nah...

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Gkay1(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2018
God, let your will be done.

if daddy freeze hear dis one again, wahala go full internet.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by oshe11: 11:52am On Feb 03, 2018
Mehnnnn......

I was shocked yestaday when I saw one popular beggar enter Bank go deposit money....grin

These beggars even get money pass some Niggas for bank ooo

Lolgrin

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by lordsharks(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2018
With all their own fake prophecies

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by durolexxy(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Ah...Epistles everywhere

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by DWJOBScom(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2018
hmmmmm

Men ought to pray and fast

CAN Secretary must know that he's not reacting to a political statement.

Well it's the Lord's battle not mine

5 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by rxmusa(m): 11:54am On Feb 03, 2018
Mtsw! Funny comedians

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by koolaid87: 11:55am On Feb 03, 2018
I reject the both of you

You're both the cause of our setbacks

Na now God won use church for the liberation of Nigerians

Lie from the pit of hell

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by martineverest(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2018
who are these politicians rejecting prophesy?

who are CAN to reject prophesy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil / Adeboye's 63rd Birthday Message To David Oyedepo / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.