Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (5488 Views)

"I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" / I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / I Was Raped And Became Pregnant. Should I Abort It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by BaBysmaMa: 6:44am On Feb 03, 2018
I'm unmarried and I recently discovered that I'm pregnant. I've always been careful but I guess contraceptives aren't always 100%. The thing is, I am embarrassed. I work with little children. What kind of example am I setting for them? I was thinking of quitting my job when I begin to show. I've got some money saved. I'll go back to work in a different school after the child is born. The child's father is out of the question. You get to know people's character when you're faced with a challenge. I need advice. Should I quit my job or not?

P.S. No insults please... I just need advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Oyindidi(f): 6:50am On Feb 03, 2018
angry
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by HOLYDICK(m): 6:51am On Feb 03, 2018
undecided
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by goodmorning40: 7:01am On Feb 03, 2018
quit job in this recession?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by ojun50(m): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2018
No no no

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 03, 2018
Common everyone let's sing

If you ask me , na who I go ask
The matter wey you bring so, e get as e be......

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Diamond23(f): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2018
[/color]Don't quit ur job, d deed has already been done. Just look for an engagement or wedding band nd put on ur finger.life doesn't end with been preggy out of wedlock [color=#770077]

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by mankettle(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2018
Get a ring Babe. Times are hard. Worse case, the guy has travelled to Ivory coast to hustle. A few months later just before d baby is born, go into mourning for a few days

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by edoman2016: 10:10am On Feb 03, 2018
BaBysmaMa:
I'm unmarried and I recently discovered that I'm pregnant. I've always been careful but I guess contraceptives aren't always 100%. The thing is, I am embarrassed. I work with little children. What kind of example am I setting for them? I was thinking of quitting my job when I begin to show. I've got some money saved. I'll go back to work in a different school after the child is born. The child's father is out of the question. You get to know people's character when you're faced with a challenge. I need advice. Should I quit my job or not?

Have you discussed with the man responsible for your pregnancy with regards quitting your job? So that he can take care of you till you deliver the baby and start work again. You need to carry him along in your plans because raising a child singlehandedly is not easy or else you may be overwhelmed. I don't wish you become a single mother. It's a lonely and cold life.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by luvablesam(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2018
Quit the job if you can bare the financial consequences.Being single and pregnant whlie working with kids in our society is deemed culturally wrong. Apart from that parents might even complain to the organisation you work with(this is Africa)....You can always get a better job after you give birth(if you are qualified)..

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2018
edoman2016:

Have you discussed with the man responsible for your pregnancy with regards quitting your job? So that he can take care of you till you deliver the baby and start work again. You need to carry him along in your plans because raising a child singlehandedly is not easy or else you may be overwhelmed. I don't wish you become a single mother. It's a lonely and cold life.
u didnt read d part where she talked about d guy Bros is probably telling her to abort
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by dingbang(m): 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2018
Even if you wear a ring, your work colleagues aren't stupid to think you just got married suddenly out of the blue.

I suggest you talk to your boss about the new development. This should be after working hours. And open up to him/her.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by chii8(f): 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
Aunty don't quit your job jare,you can't deal with the loneliness,people will always have something to say, that's human for you. Carry on with life, it's well.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Beremx(f): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2018
don't quit your job except you are sacked. It would be wicked for your employer to sack you because you got pregnant out of wedlock. The lord is your strength.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by mankettle(m): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2018
dingbang:
Even if you wear a ring, your work colleagues aren't stupid to think you just got married suddenly out of the blue.

I suggest you talk to your boss about the new development. This should be after working hours. And open up to him/her.
Engagement ring
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by dingbang(m): 5:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
mankettle:

Engagement ring
lol... Lies upon lies..
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by okirewaju(f): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2018
Don't quit your job. Explain to your boss if you are close but if not then continue working till you start showing and your boss will definitely ask you then.

Bringing up a kid is expensive nor to talk of doing it all alone. All the best

Nice decision you have made.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by edoman2016: 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2018
Beremx:
don't quit your job except you are sacked. It would be wicked for your employer to sack you because you got pregnant out of wedlock. The lord is your strength.
The school proprietor could be right to sack her for getting pregnant out of wedlock. A teacher is expected to be a role model to pupils. I can not allow my children to be taught by a teacher that got pregnant out of wedlock because it is a bad example of morality. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Beremx(f): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2018
edoman2016:

The school proprietor could be right to sack her for getting pregnant out of wedlock. A teacher is expected to be a role model to pupils. I can not allow my children to be taught by a teacher that got pregnant out of wedlock because it is a bad example of morality. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard.
There are many kids being taught by single mothers. I don't think it fair to judge her sha.. We are all prone to mistakes anyway.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
Nope, definitely not a good idea.. don't do it!

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by eniolorunfe: 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB!!!

Why would you do that anyway? No need adding kerosene to fire. If you know how many people that are desperately looking for a child, you will know that there's nothing to be ashamed of. Carry that pregnancy with pride and joy. Children are always a gift from God and you should see yours as one, whether you planned it or not and irrespective of who is with you or not.

Besides, money is never too much and you will need it much more after the little one arrives.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by sisisioge: 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
You need not do that babes. All you need to do is spread a rumor right now that you've done your traditional wedding in your village plus start wearing a ring. Let them think your bobo is outta the country. By the time you start to show, they will do the maths. You need the money and distraction being busy offers you jare. When the baby is born, collect their maternity leave and leave afterwards.
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by SAMBARRY: 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
There's an adage that says

Do not sleep with a man you cannot call during emergency.if you know he will be irresponsible or HAS been giving you signs of irresponsibility why ALLOW him slot his meat inside you?

BY THE way what concerns you with what anybody thinks? Is it their vagyna,womb or belle?
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Splinz(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
sisisioge:
...All you need to do is spread a rumor right now that you've done your traditional wedding in your village plus start wearing a ring. Let them think your bobo is outta the country.

Ah!!! Sisi is that how you use to do?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by BaBysmaMa: 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
edoman2016:

I'd really appreciate if you don't refer to my child as a bastard. I find that word offensive. The proprietress is a very nice woman but it's my pupils I'm worried about. They're very observant. There's this colleague that likes me. One day they were like, Miss.... we'll get you a wedding dress so you and Mr... can get married. I don't want to show them that it's okay to have a child when you're not married. If I was working somewhere else I wouldn't even bother asking this question.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by sisisioge: 12:24am On Feb 04, 2018
Splinz:

Ah!!! Sisi is this how you use to do?

Person no go kill herself nau grin
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by edoman2016: 1:10am On Feb 04, 2018
BaBysmaMa:
I'd really appreciate if you don't refer to my child as a bastard. I find that word offensive. The proprietress is a very nice woman but it's my pupils I'm worried about. They're very observant. There's this colleague that likes me. One day they were like, Miss.... we'll get you a wedding dress so you and Mr... can get married. I don't want to show them that it's okay to have a child when you're not married. If I was working somewhere else I wouldn't even bother asking this question.
I was not referring to your unborn child as a bastard. My statement was general.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 04, 2018
BaBysmaMa:
Dear Babysmama ,

We learn every day, I'd like to know if by contraceptives failing you mean drugs/medications or condom.

I wish you all the best.
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Ishilove: 3:06am On Feb 04, 2018
mankettle:
Get a ring Babe. Times are hard. Worse case, the guy has travelled to Ivory coast to hustle. A few months later just before d baby is born, go into mourning for a few days
End of... grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Ishilove: 3:10am On Feb 04, 2018
BaBysmaMa:

Hire somebody to pose as your husband, take photos of your 'traditional wedding', and then when you start showing, he travels to Libya and dies while crossing.

End of story.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Ishilove: 3:15am On Feb 04, 2018
edoman2016:

I was not referring to your unborn child as a bastard. My statement was general.
It may be offensive but it's the plain truth

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bastard

A child born to unmarried parents is a bastard, however society has learned to turn away it's face from the harsh reality in that adjective.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Ishilove: 3:18am On Feb 04, 2018
BaBysmaMa:
I'd really appreciate if you don't refer to my child as a bastard. I find that word offensive.

It's offensive, but the bitter truth.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. / Please I Need Advise!!! / Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.