Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. (57257 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? / Would You Still Forgive And Love Someone After They’ve Cheated? / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by tosyne2much(m): 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
You don't stay in a relationship where you find no happiness all in the name of "love"

Sometimes you just have to let go not because you don't love or care, but for your own peace of mind and to avoid troubles

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Humility017(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
XhosaNostra:
Depends on the "situation" & on whether the feelings are mutual or not.

Because there's a very thin line between resolution, foolishness & having stalkerish tendencies. Sometimes you just let go. Not because you don't care, but for your own peace of mind. Life is too short. After all, nothing is guaranteed, so why waste time trying time after time? No thanks.
don't you think that what we call love most times emanate from excessive familiarity and intimacy....?
you tend to start growing feelings for people when you keep spending more time wit them especially when you both share a common interests,likes and both compatible

5 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by jagorinho: 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
MiyettiAllah:
Rada rada, shior kelebe tue! angry
lol, u made me remember all those old school yoruba films with your phrase. How come you are miyettiallah?

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by softprick: 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
Blah blah blah sheep have you any wool

Omo love show me shege,women are not capable of love FACT!!!

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Temysteve(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Sometimes we leave those we love because letting them go is the only way to prove we love them.

If you have never being in love with someone who finds happiness in another, you may never understand me.

If you haven't been in love with someone whom your presence in their lives will only give them pains, you may find me crazy

There is always someone in a person's life whom they love but can't be with.
that wasn't love @ll, its 'infatuation' and sometimes 'lust'
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by bosstim(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
What do u guys know about LOVE ?
Lemme tell u guys something real quick. LOVE is stupid, yeah I said it. If u have really fallen in love before and for one reason or d oda u n dat special someone are no longer together then u can relate.

Not all this fake love been paraded everywhere.
Just fucking the shit of u all.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Honesty007(m): 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=Toks2008 post=64750180]

i love every girl named ruth.but would they love me back? no! then some would say am obssesed! but agape love is not emotional love!
Also true love is not based on looks ie when your expectation of someone u claim to love is dashed at first sight or meeting what would u do? should love be about appearance only or location.or it must be from above only?

2 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by anukulapo: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
Toks2008:

I won't support Abortion neither will I support the act of bringing a child to the world to suffer.
This is what I call left-right. Can you come clear on your position?
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by talkportal: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Sometimes we leave those we love because letting them go is the only way to prove we love them.

If you have never being in love with someone who finds happiness in another, you may never understand me.

If you haven't been in love with someone whom your presence in their lives will only give them pains, you may find me crazy

I love this...you're smart

2 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by BabaCommander: 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
nawtibownie:
Love is a process that requires beings to be balanced in quite a number of ways, it doesn't happen just laidat. I don't love my 'relationship' partner yet, but i'm certain we'll cross the bridge when we get there.

After making some sense in the beginning you went off the rail at the end.

Love is a process that grows with time, but 'being with someone you don't love yet' in the hope of loving him/her in the future is like gambling with fate. It reeks of confusion, and not knowing what you want. Well, I believe there are benefits you're getting from the relationship and that's the main reason you are there...

You need to evaluate your priorities.

Best of lucks.

3 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
When the love is not reciprocated, you find your square root, no need fighting a lost cause for your peace of mind and sanity.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by MiyettiAllah: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
jagorinho:
lol, u made me remember all those old school yoruba films with your phrase. How come you are miyettiallah?

Lol gone are those days.

Na my trolling handle jare, nor mind me. When people see comments from this handle they get very upset & that is very funny to me.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by OyinO: 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hell NO!!!!!!!
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

You nailed it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Jeromegwer: 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
Raiyell:
Is it love or lust?

Here's a quick to determine as recommended by experts.

1 - When you become overcome in throes of passion for a woman;
2 - Find a quiet place.
3 - Beat your meat. Choke your carrot - (which ever euphemism appeals to you, the goal is the same);
4 - Achieve release
5 - If you are still thinking about the person, it is love;
6 - But if you immediately wonder what all the fuss is for, and want to hit the bed, or take a sip of your favourite whiskey
7 - It is lust.

Tested and trusted.

You should also do this for important decisions.

true talk bro, no mind all this articles
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
tosyne2much:
You don't stay in a relationship where you find no happiness all in the name of "love"

Sometimes you just have to let go not because you don't love or care, but for your own peace of mind and to avoid troubles

It's a mutual thing but if the two are willing then they will find st least one resin to hold on to except there is a compelling reason to part.
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

You just rewrote my thread in a different way.

It simply means the other person does not love you...it's a mutual thing so you may love someone that does not want you in return and in that case...move on.

The thread says "how to know if you truly love someone" not "how to know if someone truly loves you"

2 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by blackjack21(m): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

whenever it comes to love I find language too deficient to define.
Someone said that when you do kindness and expect something in return you're not really doing kindness, you're doing business.
I use the same formula for Love. But, sometimes it is more complicated than that because, human behavior is not a one way lane.

Even my favorite poet wasn't really able to define love for me.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by emilyone(f): 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
Toks2008:

This is a mystery the world is yet to unravel.

A man can cheat on a lady yet love her to pieces but when a lady cheats on her man then it's a most certain she is no longer in love with the man...
That's a lie from the pit of hell.

2 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by MiyettiAllah: 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
dammysel:
I love my ex...but I had to let go.
This picture doesn't totally say it all.

Babes, how about we take a ride on one of my cows with the largest hump around Abuja?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by skales67(m): 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
Love is just like everything...it has a beginning and it has an expiry date. Mine ended about an hour ago...

She cheated on me the first time in 2016...yet i forgave her

She did it again just late last year...i confronted her 3 weeks ago and she was adamant and unremorseful...i decided to end it within me and did not call her for those 3 weeks, then she called me just an hour ago and i reminded her of 3 weeks ago, told her i can't continue to play the fool anymore and she hung up. I know i am hurt but i'll be fine. Goodbye Chinyere...was nice knowing you from 2 Feb 2014 - 11 Feb 2018 cry cry

9 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Iflixnigeria: 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Iflix has got you covered

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by tosyne2much(m): 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
skales67:
Love is just like everything...it has a beginning and it has an expiry date. Mine ended about an hour ago...

She cheated on me the first time in 2016...yet i forgave her

She did it again just late last year...i confronted her 3 weeks ago and she was adamant and unremorseful...i decided to end it within me and did not call her for those 3 weeks, then she called me just an hour ago and i reminded her of 3 weeks ago, told her i can't continue to play the fool anymore and she hung up. I know i am hurt but i'll be fine. Goodbye Chinyere...was nice knowing you from 2 Feb 2014 - 11 Feb 2018 cry cry
Eeeehyah sorry bro... Your story is very touching.. I hope you find a good replacement

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Raylight2(m): 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
Toks2008:
Often times we use the words "I love you" but with a little tilt in the emotional balance,we tend to walk away from the lives of the people we claim to love.

I have heard countless excuses why many couples break up and in most cases,these excuses are lame, unreasonable and indeed as the name implies,an excuse they just want to hold on to in order to carry out their predetermined intent of leaving.

There will always be a reason to stay or leave any romantic union we find ourselves and in most cases,there will be more reasons to leave rather than stay but if you truly love someone,you will make excuses for their flaws and you will meticulously find one reason to remain in their lives.

I hope this makes sense.
Yes! i loved her so much that I always sought for a reason to stay even when she hurts me. but i noticed she never loved me that much, reason why she took me for granted severally. I forgave her the last time she snubbed me and when it was just as if things were settled once again, I left d relationship. I don't think I want to offer her another opportunity to hurt me again. M gone and gone for. good.

2 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by cutebobo(m): 11:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Its so painful knowing u had give up the person u love to someone else knowing fully well that ur presence in their lives is of little or no benefit to them. Passing through this right now.

2 Likes

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Copy paste. Not your words.

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by earnyT(m): 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
cutebobo:
Its so painful knowing u had give up the person u love to someone else knowing fully well that ur presence in their lives is of little or no benefit to them. Passing through this right now.
are u da serious?

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Raylight2(m): 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
gudvibz:

Simple, that you love someone doesn't mean you have to be with them especially when its making you miserable undecided
I agree
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by ndubueze92(m): 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Could this be that Juliet is in love with another, after several claims?
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Holybachelor: 11:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
I had to leave Amarachi even tho i love her very much. Just because i didnt want to get hurt again
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by edward1106(m): 12:01am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

The OP is perfectly correct and you're are perfectly correct as well... But wait a minute, if both are right, then what is now wrong? I think It is the circumstances which such love finds itself, the TIME and KNOWLEDGE( ignorance and fear/wisdom) that will tell which of the two sides it goes.
In summary, I generalise it to mean LOVING SOMEONE DOESN'T NECESSARY MEAN YOU HAVE TO STAY TO PROVE YOU LOVE THEM.

Name anything that will cause love to scatter, you will observe some people left because of it and some survived it in the same or different times. And of course, ignorance or knowledge(Fear/wisdom) applies here as well.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Lilkini(m): 12:04am On Feb 12, 2018
wah abt falling in love wid a core muslim girl buh ur a christian... shes ur friend buh u want more. u scared to tell her cos you just think it wont work out?

just an innocent question pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl / Ladies Never Marry Men With These 3 Issues!! / What Happened To A Newly Married Couple In My Car Yes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.