Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. (57236 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? / Would You Still Forgive And Love Someone After They’ve Cheated? / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by sofigail(f): 6:16am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Sometimes we leave those we love because letting them go is the only way to prove we love them.

If you have never being in love with someone who finds happiness in another, you may never understand me.

If you haven't been in love with someone whom your presence in their lives will only give them pains, you may find me crazy

There is always someone in a person's life whom they love but can't be with.

Your brain correct die.
Looks like you are writing my story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by dukeo(m): 6:29am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Sometimes we leave those we love because letting them go is the only way to prove we love them.

If you have never being in love with someone who finds happiness in another, you may never understand me.

If you haven't been in love with someone whom your presence in their lives will only give them pains, you may find me crazy

It's either you watch too much Indian movies or you're beginning to act one... Either ways, I feel for you

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by aashutoshtiwari(m): 6:30am On Feb 12, 2018

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by nero2face: 6:54am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

i love u so much my dear
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by gentlegenius(m): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2018
Toks2008:

This is a mystery the world is yet to unravel.

A man can cheat on a lady yet love her to pieces but when a lady cheats on her man then it's a most certain she is no longer in love with the man...
No... It's a two way thing. I had a lady who loves me to pieces yet she still cheats on me. That's because sex and love are two extremely different things.
And there's a very thin line between infatuation, lust and love.
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Tonytonex(m): 7:23am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

YOU'RE WISE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Dayg88(m): 7:25am On Feb 12, 2018
Sometimes, you need to let them go willingly or forcefully to know if they are worth fighting for or not. If they fight back for you, they're worth it, if they do not, don't even waste you're time.
It is fine to fight for someone who loves you but it is an absolute waste of time, to fight for someone to love you. There's a huge difference.
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by PreciousPeters(f): 7:30am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Do you the difference between love and like?
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
No!

Hollywood has really had impacts in a lot of people
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by mariesnikz(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2018
Toks2008:
Often times we use the words "I love you" but with a little tilt in the emotional balance,we tend to walk away from the lives of the people we claim to love.

I have heard countless excuses why many couples break up and in most cases,these excuses are lame, unreasonable and indeed as the name implies,an excuse they just want to hold on to in order to carry out their predetermined intent of leaving.

There will always be a reason to stay or leave any romantic union we find ourselves and in most cases,there will be more reasons to leave rather than stay but if you truly love someone,you will make excuses for their flaws and you will meticulously find one reason to remain in their lives.

I hope this makes sense.
Ok show me some love peeps. It's my birthday
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Follygunners: 7:41am On Feb 12, 2018
Abeg, all of una commot here joor... True Love no exist for 9ja! undecided
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by leofab(f): 7:44am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Smh undecided

You dont even love Toks enough to leave your watermelon to help me explain his thread?

BTW where's my own? angry
female and begi begi even online
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 8:22am On Feb 12, 2018
mariesnikz:
Ok show me some love peeps. It's my birthday

Happy born day to you.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2018
johnnyn1:
I'm in a relationship with a girl for up to 3years..

I am tired and want Out.
But I can't � bear the thought of us going diversely.

Is this love or something else?

Matured mind pls

This is exactly what this thread is all about but I have seen many people miscontruing it..

The thread clearly states. .."one simple way to knoe IF YOU truly love someone" and not IF someone truly loves you...

It means as long as the other party is willing to remain in your life,no matter how imperfect that person may be,you will always find a reason to be with such but of the other party chooses to leave then there is no point holding on to such person.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by stixxx: 8:36am On Feb 12, 2018
Toks2008:

This is a mystery the world is yet to unravel.

A man can cheat on a lady yet love her to pieces but when a lady cheats on her man then it's a most certain she is no longer in love with the man...
This is because a man has millions of sperm cells trying to fertilize just one egg from the woman, at the end of the day only one sperm cell does the job. the rest just wither away with no egg to fertilize, it's in a man's nature to cheat. there is always an urge to utilize the remaining millions of cells on other eggs from other women. man is by nature polygamous.
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 8:37am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Lol!

Then you haven't experienced those situations listed.

It seems you still don't get it and I can also observe that many people are in your shoes.

You don't stay with someone who does not love you or who finds happiness in another person so letting go of them is inconsequential cos they never loved you.

I'm talking about a situation where the other party also wants to be with you.

For instance you love someone who also loves you but there are some character defects in that person or there are some external factors mitigating against the union...you will always find a reason to remain in their lives...ghis is very different from when the guy you love does not want you and that is the scenario you pointed out in your first comment.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Afrocentric: 8:39am On Feb 12, 2018
Humility017:

don't you think that what we call love most times emanate from excessive familiarity and intimacy....?
you tend to start growing feelings for people when you keep spending more time wit them especially when you both share a common interests,likes and both compatible
I swear brother, this is my weakness. If I'm too close to any lady I will start developing love for then, even if I never love them initially
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by jaxxy(m): 8:41am On Feb 12, 2018
Toks2008:

Exactly my point...I fear that part when a man or woman you are married to comes across an ex they truly loved...that marriage is in danger.

Feeling alone can not sustain love. That been said not all love were ment to last forever either. Some where ment to run their course in ur life for a purpose. Now love in marriage is a different ball game cos b4 u take that big step u most hv thought and agreed to forever with each other and in that case weigh every factors to be consider for ur journey. However sm people still miss it. I can not love an ex more than the person I decided to go forever with cos love is more than a feeling. Even if i feel alot for that ex I can not love her cos love is more than mere feelings.

RuthDaniels
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2018
emilyone:

That's a lie from the pit of hell.

If you know you want marital peace,open your mind and learn. Fantasy and reality are billions of miles apart.
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 8:48am On Feb 12, 2018
jaxxy:

Feeling alone can not sustain love. That been said not all love were ment to last forever either. Some where ment to run their course in ur life for a purpose. Now love in marriage is a different ball game cos b4 u take that big step u most hv thought and agreed to forever with each other and in that case weigh every factors to be consider for ur journey. However sm people still miss it. I can not love an ex more than the person I decided to go forever with cos love is more than a feeling. Even if i feel alot for that ex I can not love her cos love is more than mere feelings.

RuthDaniels

I don't know about the deviations I have read on this thread...all I know is that if you truly love someone WHO STILL WANTS YOU...then you will always have a reason to remain in their lives.

If I have to always expatriate on my threads for clarity then I will be writing very long notes.

1 Like

Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by jaxxy(m): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Toks2008:

I don't know about the deviations I have read on this thread...all I know is that if you truly love someone WHO STILL WANTS YOU...then you will always have a reason to remain in their lives.

If I have to always expatriate on my threads for clarity then I will be writing very long notes.

Yes u are correct as long as both parties feel thesame way. That's like a perfect scenario. Bt sadly not everyone in love is truly in love. For sm its conditional love and so wen the balance changed the love changes.

Sm1 asked how deep is ur love? Lol
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by mrkings84(m): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2018
XINZ:

Wait lemmie finish eating this watermelon grin

How can you be eating watermelon this cold morning... Or are u know sambisa?
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by dukeo(m): 9:16am On Feb 12, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

Hollywood has really had impacts in a lot of people

LOL. I think you meant bollywood
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by dukeo(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2018
leofab:
female and begi begi even online

I'm glad you are a female
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Kayzman22: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2018
yeah thats right, ur observation is great
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by afoife: 9:44am On Feb 12, 2018
Toks2008:

Then it was never love but they probably thought it was.

Except a case where they found out they are family members but any other reason is a facade.

even when you found out you both are AS
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:57am On Feb 12, 2018
dukeo:

LOL. I think you meant bollywood

Hollywood
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Assassin101: 10:04am On Feb 12, 2018
watermelon or cucumber? just asking tho....
XINZ:

Wait lemmie finish eating this watermelon grin
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by dukeo(m): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

Hollywood
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 12, 2018
Toks2008:

You just rewrote my thread in a different way.

It simply means the other person does not love you...it's a mutual thing so you may love someone that does not want you in return and in that case...move on.

The thread says "how to know if you truly love someone" not "how to know if someone truly loves you"
Oga Toks smiley

I read your thread with all understanding. You wrote" How to know if you truly love someone " and I replied accordingly.

Love is sacrificial, It means putting the other's happiness before yours. That hence my points, if someone you are in love with finds happiness in another, you let them go. Their smiles will bring gladness to you.

Love isn't about give and take or give and get, sometimes we just give
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by samwise180(m): 11:01am On Feb 12, 2018
Sometimes in our life, if we love someone we let them go
Re: One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. by Toks2008(m): 11:46am On Feb 12, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Oga Toks smiley

I read your thread with all understanding. You wrote" How to know if you truly love someone " and I replied accordingly.

Love is sacrificial, It means putting the other's happiness before yours. That hence my points, if someone you are in love with finds happiness in another, you let them go. Their smiles will bring gladness to you.

Love isn't about give and take or give and get, sometimes we just give

And I still ask you? does that person want to be with you? if NO then why force it?

This is where you deviated. My thread is about staying true TO SOMEONE WHO STILL WANTS YOU...if you don't get this then I can't help further.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'NYSC, I Hail Thee'; Lady Set To Wed Her Fiance She Met During Service. Photos / Ladies Never Marry Men With These 3 Issues!! / Nairalanders Share Your Valentine Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.