Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (126650 Views)

Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
biodun23:
Thanks for this

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
mrpudikin:

Just make sure all the documents are correct and were done properly before submitting for verification cross check well the names and signatures and source of documents. You can submit as much as you can for verification then legalise the necessary ones. But the needed would probably school documents,birth certificate documents, you could also add bacheloorhood and others but i dont think theyll be needed

Hallo please what is the requirements for sponsorship, if my dad wants to be my sponsor and also must I pay the rent for accommodation or only the deposit fee before applying for resident permit
Thanks
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2022
CrysWhite:

Hallo please what is the requirements for sponsorship, if my dad wants to be my sponsor and also must I pay the rent for accommodation or only the deposit fee before applying for resident permit
Thanks

The Requirements for proof of funds is the same as most countries; one of the following is acceptable, with additional requirements for some.

*NO.1 Bank balance ( As of 2022, according to the official OEAD.at website, if you are above 24 years you show [€1,030.49 per month times twelve months(1,030.49×12=€12,365.88]
If you are below 24 years you would show €569.11 per month times twelve(569.11×12=€6,829.32].....its advisable to have a little extra tho.
*NO.2 Declartion of Guarantee
*NO .3 purchase of travellers cheques(I think its similar to a credit card certificate where you just deposit the required amount of money, although I'm not to sure about it)
*NO.4 scholarships
*NO.5 pay slips.

As for the rent or proof of accommodation( if your rent per month surpasses €309.93 you would need to show extra proof ( I think about 6 months rent down aside from your tuition and the other bank balance)

I can't go Into much details as I am not fully profound about the process. The link below Is the official link for all things study in Austria.

https://oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-and-residence/residence-permit-student-mobility-programme#c23784

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
[quote author=HenryCarto post=107165931]Austria For Studies (MSC)
Hello Henry,
Thanks for all the explanation you've given here. Truly grateful.
I was hoping to ask you some questions about the proof of funds and the rules around it.
Can I send you an email or reach out on social media(twitter)?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2022
Please do I need to legalize Certificate of Origination/ origin from Local government

Thanks
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=Cityoflight post=109588904][/quote]
Thanks
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Maureenho(f): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2022
Please house, is there anyone coming to Vienna before 10th of February, 2022?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 10:07am On Jan 30, 2022
firstlady99:
I am looking forward to apply to JKU next year 2022. Tell me about this proof of fund...do I put the money in my account or I just submit my sponsor's account statement? Also will the school provide a block account over there in Austria where I will send the proof of fund to?

you'll have to show a certain amount in your account to the Austrian embassy in Nigeria by bank statement and also prove the source of the funds, and on arrival in Austria you'd need to put that amount into a bank account you're going to open, and also show the bank statement to the magistrate to collect your TRP

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 10:09am On Jan 30, 2022
nameundisclosed:
Good day, does anyone know any universities in austria that doesn't ask for official legalisation of documents? Would be really helpful to share, thanks.
Even if the school doesn't ask, the embassy will ask, so it's necessary.
Good luck �

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Divinealex10: 8:27am On Feb 09, 2022
victoria1991:

Big congrats Maureen.....We wish you safe journey to Austria.We are happy for u.
Could please drop your email address, I need to talk with you.
. Hello bro
Please I need your mail also coz I really need your help and guidance for my application
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Divinealex10: 8:32am On Feb 09, 2022
[quote author=SeunNlaAdelusi post=109627253][/quote]
Hello
Could you please help me with the documents I’m to legalize for BSC
thanks

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Divinealex10: 8:54am On Feb 09, 2022
biodun23:
Thanks for this

The duration of time it takes is way too much
Those it also apply to bsc student
Like I mean before the whole of these processes are completed, it’s almost a year
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Jay94: 11:22am On Feb 16, 2022
Please I need advice I miscalculated my ects points, and I have already submitted my application, will this hinder my admission?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by bokoarerams: 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
Okorogu:

Pls which program language did you apply for and what was the language proficiency?
I really need to know pls
Treat as urgent pls
Replying you because I believe you are a youngstar..
Before applying for your bachelors you must have an A1 in German language don't be scared just enrol and use YouTube and study together with the lectures and take the exams.
While preparing for you exams
Get all your documents legalised
Bear in mind bachelors in austria in not purely in English but I know people that have gone thru it.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 11:01am On Feb 20, 2022
bokoarerams:

Replying you because I believe you are a youngstar..
Before applying for your bachelors you must have an A1 in German language don't be scared just enrol and use YouTube and study together with the lectures and take the exams.
While preparing for you exams
Get all your documents legalised
Bear in mind bachelors in austria in not purely in English but I know people that have gone thru it.

Point of correction there are a few bachelors purely in English an example is Bachelor of Business Economics at the Vienna university of Economics and Business. There is also international Business at University of Klagenfurt and Jku Linz( although I'm not sure if these are entirely in English but the aforementioned is)

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 11:10am On Feb 20, 2022
Note; I know there is some form of discrimination in every country,I would just like to ask about the situation.
I would like to ask about the Rasicm there, when I checked the school I aspire to go to I couldn't really find any person of colour(as in the student services). On YouTube there are little to no videos about being black in Austria( the ones you see all say there is Racism, not compared to U.S though) unlike when you check for black Youtubers in Canada , France, Netherlands or Poland ,but If you know any P.O.C that is a Youtuber based in Austria please do share.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by VanuatuWycombe: 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
Cityoflight:
Note; I know there is some form of discrimination in every country,I would just like to ask about the situation.
I would like to ask about the Rasicm there, when I checked the school I aspire to go to I couldn't really find any person of colour(as in the student services). On YouTube there are little to no videos about being black in Austria( the ones you see all say there is Racism, not compared to U.S though) unlike when you check for black Youtubers in Canada , France, Netherlands or Poland ,but If you know any P.O.C that is a Youtuber based in Austria please do share.

So you are waiting until you see a black YouTuber talking about study in austria before you would apply? SMH. A lot of YouTubers are doing it as side hustle to make money. Doing YouTube study video on Austria may not sell like other countries because the hurdles to cross before getting Austrian RP is high. So most students may be said not to be ‘interested’ in Austrian study videos, including any other German speaking countries because we believe they are too tough to enter.

This shouldn’t be your determinant. You can do lots of research on yourself. The school that you won’t spend all your life there; you are looking for a PR video of the school that contains black race in it. Kai. You and I know you are using the school just to ja.

Get this straight today: globalization has reduced racism drastically and it will keep reducing it. Cities across the world are becoming racially missed. If you know how far Indians and Pakistanis have gone, you would believe that there’s nothing to think about racism. Today, more than 30% of world’s greatest fortune 100 companies are Indians and it’s because they left their territories, not thinking of racism. That’s why they are able to rise in their chosen careers. Nothing like racism again. If they don’t want you at all, they won’t grant you visas. Please, erase the thought of racism in your mind if you want to go far abroad.

Why those countries you mentioned have more blacks could be because they are larger than Austria and have opened their doors to students ( from BSc to Doctoral level) long ago than Austria does. Austria is a small country and it’s a bit tough passing through her immigration processes. But I can assure id of more than 15 Nigerians that have entered Vienna alone in the last 5 months.

You can choose not to speak German till you will leave Austria and nothing bad will happen to you. This is to tell you that Austria is a racially-diverse country. Watch out for population explosion in the country in the next 10 years.

Anyway, see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6qkOdD9g0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by efedavies: 7:50am On Feb 21, 2022
Hi house I was informed by a friend that Vienna a city in Austria are encouraging people to apply and stay for a long time in Vienna as a remote worker,I think this is for those that are into remote services you can search and give it a try.i have also tried it I got a reply from the organizers and the cost implications but I was told they are trying to make the process easy as possible for me,that they will get back to me.
What I am saying is that you can use other steps rather than schooling route to get to Austria

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

So you are waiting until you see a black YouTuber talking about study in austria before you would apply? SMH. A lot of YouTubers are doing it as side hustle to make money. Doing YouTube study video on Austria may not sell like other countries because the hurdles to cross before getting Austrian RP is high. So most students may be said not to be ‘interested’ in Austrian study videos, including any other German speaking countries because we believe they are too tough to enter.

This shouldn’t be your determinant. You can do lots of research on yourself. The school that you won’t spend all your life there; you are looking for a PR video of the school that contains black race in it. Kai. You and I know you are using the school just to ja.

Get this straight today: globalization has reduced racism drastically and it will keep reducing it. Cities across the world are becoming racially missed. If you know how far Indians and Pakistanis have gone, you would believe that there’s nothing to think about racism. Today, more than 30% of world’s greatest fortune 100 companies are Indians and it’s because they left their territories, not thinking of racism. That’s why they are able to rise in their chosen careers. Nothing like racism again. If they don’t want you at all, they won’t grant you visas. Please, erase the thought of racism in your mind if you want to go far abroad.

Why those countries you mentioned have more blacks could be because they are larger than Austria and have opened their doors to students ( from BSc to Doctoral level) long ago than Austria does. Austria is a small country and it’s a bit tough passing through her immigration processes. But I can assure id of more than 15 Nigerians that have entered Vienna alone in the last 5 months.

You can choose not to speak German till you will leave Austria and nothing bad will happen to you. This is to tell you that Austria is a racially-diverse country. Watch out for population explosion in the country in the next 10 years.

Anyway, see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL6qkOdD9g0

Thanks for the reply, I already know the YouTube channel [ he isn't based about one country, he talks on different countries] but thanks anyway.

To correct you I am not looking for a black YouTuber to determine if I study in Austria or not[application start March 1st] ,I saw videos of the BLM protest in Austria which I'm proud of. In general there are not a lot of students videos in Austria( black or white creators). Awobiwom abu is a Nigerian YouTuber in Poland, she doesn't really talk about Racism there but she gives you her experiences, travelling for school, documents she used, vlogs ,tips and advices you wouldn't know until you get to Poland, those kind of country 'norms' you might not find on Google . This gives you an insight of what you're getting into .

At the start of my question I pointed that I know there is some form of discrimination in every country, be it Canada that they say is for everyone or even here in Nigeria( it could be ethnically motivated) my point is having an insight isn't bad . It could be any YouTuber that gives constant insight on students life there( I just felt a black would be nice) I follow white YouTubers in Austria[just 2 point out].

I'm going for a bachelor's so I'll be spending about 3 yrs in the school, if the teachers are racist, it will most definitely affect you. I made a Dutch friend[who is mixed ] who studied in Austria at Wu wien[ Vienna university of Economics and Business, she was the only black person in her class( it might not affect you now but when you do travel alone and are the only one in a class, it will affect you in minor or Major way before you adapt fully ) Ps; She went there for an exchange semester and is back in the Netherlands, she gave her experience but it might be old seeing she studied there in 2018]

For the language point, you can go by with only English in the capital city[vienna], once you get into smaller cities[ Salzburg, tyrol, Linz e.t.c] it gets harder. Just like France they really care about their language and expect you to learn it( even if it's common sentences)
Thanks for your reply and concern, I really do appreciate. grin
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by VanuatuWycombe: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Cityoflight:

Thanks for the reply, I already know the YouTube channel [ he isn't based about one country, he talks on different countries] but thanks anyway.

To correct you I am not looking for a black YouTuber to determine if I study in Austria or not[application start March 1st] ,I saw videos of the BLM protest in Austria which I'm proud of. In general there are not a lot of students videos in Austria( black or white creators). Awobiwom abu is a Nigerian YouTuber in Poland, she doesn't really talk about Racism there but she gives you her experiences, travelling for school, documents she used, vlogs ,tips and advices you wouldn't know until you get to Poland, those kind of country 'norms' you might not find on Google . This gives you an insight of what you're getting into .

At the start of my question I pointed that I know there is some form of discrimination in every country, be it Canada that they say is for everyone or even here in Nigeria( it could be ethnically motivated) my point is having an insight isn't bad . It could be any YouTuber that gives constant insight on students life there( I just felt a black would be nice) I follow white YouTubers in Austria[just 2 point out].

I'm going for a bachelor's so I'll be spending about 3 yrs in the school, if the teachers are racist, it will most definitely affect you. I made a Dutch friend[who is mixed ] who studied in Austria at Wu wien[ Vienna university of Economics and Business, she was the only black person in her class( it might not affect you now but when you do travel alone and are the only one in a class, it will affect you in minor or Major way before you adapt fully ) Ps; She went there for an exchange semester and is back in the Netherlands, she gave her experience but it might be old seeing she studied there in 2018]

For the language point, you can go by with only English in the capital city[vienna], once you get into smaller cities[ Salzburg, tyrol, Linz e.t.c] it gets harder. Just like France they really care about their language and expect you to learn it( even if it's common sentences)
Thanks for your reply and concern, I really do appreciate. grin

No problem. Austria is not a racism-invested country. This I know. A boy just came in from Nigeria not long and he is Graz. He has never complained about that. I have some of them too in Wels. There have been cohabiting finely with the locals for now. The reason is that austria is small and more cultured than most countries. The reason you won’t find more blacks in their undergrads courses is because they are delivered mostly in German.

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

No problem. Austria is not a racism-invested country. This I know. A boy just came in from Nigeria not long and he is Graz. He has never complained about that. I have some of them too in Wels. There have been cohabiting finely with the locals for now. The reason is that austria is small and more cultured than most countries. The reason you won’t find more blacks in their undergrads courses is because they are delivered mostly in German.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by RomanGreen: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2022
efedavies:
Hi house I was informed by a friend that Vienna a city in Austria are encouraging people to apply and stay for a long time in Vienna as a remote worker,I think this is for those that are into remote services you can search and give it a try.i have also tried it I got a reply from the organizers and the cost implications but I was told they are trying to make the process easy as possible for me,that they will get back to me.
What I am saying is that you can use other steps rather than schooling route to get to Austria

Can you please share the link to apply?

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

I agree with this, Austria is well cultured. So the chances of experiencing racism as a student is really low.

And if you must know,
You'd only get some form of racism, with officials because i guess they mostly have had quite some experience with illegal immigrants, and I'd guess that's why they're being like that, but I still wouldn't refer to it as racism, they just make things a little bit more strict just to make sure.

P.s: I've never had this experience before since I've been here. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emmanuelosa:

I agree with this, Austria is well cultured. So the chances of experiencing racism as a student is really low.

And if you must know,
You'd only get some form of racism, with officials because i guess they mostly have had quite some experience with illegal immigrants, and I'd guess that's why they're being like that, but I still wouldn't refer to it as racism, they just make things a little bit more strict just to make sure.

Please I have a question concerning sponsorship
How much should my sponsor have in his account for resident permit
Do I need to transfer any money to an Austrian account when I get there
Thanks
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by VanuatuWycombe: 8:00am On Feb 24, 2022
CrysWhite:

Please I have a question concerning sponsorship
How much should my sponsor have in his account for resident permit
Do I need to transfer any money to an Austrian account when I get there
Thanks

It’s good your sponsor has enough money for you (as suggested/requested by competent Austrian government website on immigration) and for your sponsor, for his or her survival.

You would be requested to open an Austrian bank account when you are in Austria and fund it and print out bank statement when getting your residence permit card.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 8:35am On Feb 24, 2022
Emmanuelosa:

And if you must know,

Hi,
Are you still currently in Austria?, How is the covid situation there?..............hope the Russia-Ukraine tensions aren't affecting life there?...............I would also like to ask how long it took your Visa process, from applying to a school to getting a visa?[ assuming you went there on a student Visa, if not sorry for the Prejudice grin]
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 7:10am On Feb 25, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

It’s good your sponsor has enough money for you (as suggested/requested by competent Austrian government website on immigration) and for your sponsor, for his or her survival.

You would be requested to open an Austrian bank account when you are in Austria and fund it and print out bank statement when getting your residence permit card.

Thank you
Please how much do I need to put in my Austrian bank account before I can get my residence permit card

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2022
Cityoflight:

Hi,
Are you still currently in Austria?, How is the covid situation there?..............hope the Russia-Ukraine tensions aren't affecting life there?...............I would also like to ask how long it took your Visa process, from applying to a school to getting a visa?[ assuming you went there on a student Visa, if not sorry for the Prejudice grin]

Hi, I am currently in Austria.
I presume the COVID situation is the same as in other countries, (you need a mask for public places, and vaccination certificate for Restaurants e.t.c).
Also, we're miles away from the war so it shouldn't be an issue (hopefully).

And lastly, it took me not too long, but with considerable amount of pre-planning, and multi-tasking (six months should suffice).

Good luck wink

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
Emmanuelosa:

Hi, I am currently in Austria.
I presume the COVID situation is the same as in other countries, (you need a mask for public places, and vaccination certificate for Restaurants e.t.c).
Also, we're miles away from the war so it shouldn't be an issue (hopefully).

And lastly, it took me not too long, but with considerable amount of pre-planning, and multi-tasking (six months should suffice).

Good luck wink

Thanks a lot. grin
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2022
CrysWhite:

Thank you
Please how much do I need to put in my Austrian bank account before I can get my residence permit card

They're a lot of factors that applies.
Like age, your degree programme, amount you pay for rent, e.t.c

Currently, the lowest I've seen is 8.500€ and the max I've also witnessed requested from someone is 23.000€, so good luck with it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (57) (Reply)

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.