Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Graduation Spot And Other Room! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Graduation Spot And Other Room! (29831 Views)

Nigerian Man Got News About Mother's Death, Dies Shortly After Graduation / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos) / Nigerian Lady And Her Parents Dancing At Her Graduation In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by rvpbae: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2018
babythug:

Sorry been caught up with chores!

Surely pooping mode will change once a baby starts solids. But let’s clear his bowels first before adding new meals

Thank you. I hope he poops today o
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Morayolae: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
rvpbae:
Senior mums, i need help.

My son is 6months +, we just started solids, so far we do solids maximum of 2times a day. Sometimes, once and at other times, he takes just a few spoons and wants nothing with it.

Since we started solids, sometimes he poops once in 2days, at other times, twice or once a day. Now, this is day 3 and no poop yet. I'm yet to give him any food today, yesterday he ate solid once and 2days ago, two times. He drinks his water well and still on breastmilk.

Please what can i do? I'm trying not to be worried cos he farts ALOT and it is smelly, stomach isn't hard and he is his usual self. Can i give orange, maybe dilute it a little?

Pls answer biko.

Cc babythug

Mum, you have nothing to worry about, so long baby is farting, he is very okay!!!... The other day I went to health centre to collect injection for my baby, it was discussed with us by a health worker... U are good to go mum...

U can mail me - abramorayo@gmail.com

I av something for u, u might be interested...

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
claseek:
I hope not to be beating my children. That's a promise I'm making. Though I know it might be difficult, as kids would always be kids.

My mum's discipline for us was correct smacking with tongue lashing.. I honestly don't believe that works, all It did was made me scared of my mum hence we didn't grow close which is something she always really wanted with her children (closeness). I envy people who gist with their mums like they're sisters.

I want me and my kids to be like best friends . God help me to teach my children discipline

This is quite good and I commend you for it.

I’d like to know though what steps are you taking to ensure you follow through? Are you reading up on managing toddlers and how to avoid the usual triggers that make people generally smack thier children?

What discipline methods are you planning to use?

Could you please share?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
Just stumbled on a video of a Nigerian wedding held in santorini.... there were purportedly just 14 guests in attendance. I couldn’t help but wonder what is it about this we want an intimate gathering stuff that our people are now adopting. Is it that you don’t like or want people to share in your joy or rejoice with you? Is to save costs? I mean one chick on Instagram also said something about sharing food packs after church for her wedding ceremony..... kilon jebe?? No dancing? No sharing of souvenirs? Please this attitude isn’t African talk less of Nigerian oh

So would you have an intimate wedding or ceremony for any of your events birthdays etc ?
What do you think of the concept?

Alphahandmaiden

Helovesme
Ifyalways
Zaynie

Let’s chat people it’s Friday wink

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
babythug:
Just stumbled on a video of a Nigerian wedding held in santorini.... there were purportedly just 14 guests in attendance. I couldn’t help but wonder what is it about this we want an intimate gathering stuff that our people are now adopting. Is it that you don’t like or want people to share in your joy or rejoice with you? Is to save costs? I mean one chick on Instagram also said something about sharing food packs after church for her wedding ceremony..... kilon jebe?? No dancing? No sharing of souvenirs? Please this attitude isn’t African talk less of Nigerian oh

So would you have an intimate wedding or ceremony for any of your events birthdays etc ?

Alphahandmaiden

Helovesme
Ifyalways
Zaynie

Maami, that's the way to go now ó.
I remember Moyo's first birthday was a carnival, complete with all the paparazzi. I was still cooking for those that claimed they didn't eat for almost 3 days, after packing party favors for 100 kids, I still went back to the market to pack for 30 more kids that didn't collect and their parents insisted cos they liked what was in the bags.
Even after all the paps, you will see those that will say "yínmu"
So for Múná, parlour party. Only a few friends with kids Muna's age, at most a year older and family. Less cranky baby, happy mommy able to mingle without being run ragged, daddy gisting with his pals with smiles because he hasn't been overtaxed.
I made the food myself, decorated the sitting room.

Although to be honest Moyo got more gifts than Múná but ọmọ the stress was much o

Parlour and quiet parties all the way.

5 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by JGracious: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
babythug:

Alphah...andmaiden

Helov..esme
Ifyal..ways
Zay...nie

I love love love intimate gatherings. For me it has to do with my personality. I don't enjoy parties that have many people in attendance especially if I am the celebrant.

When there are fewer people in attendance, it's easy to see everyone almost in one sweep and also ensure they are well attended to.

I observed that when there are many people in attendance, I'm always on my feet and at the end I don't get to enjoy the party..too many people to greet, ensuring they also enjoy the party etc.

For my wedding, I desired just 50 people in attendance but my momma didn't allow me. She added 50 extra..imagine
it wasn't that bad after all and everyone had more than enough.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Ot4bdoo: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
I think intimate does it for me cos the truth is u might not even recognize everyone being that some persons followed a friend down but when its intimate, its more of those u have a relationship with n yea u get to spend less

quote author=babythug post=72015315]Just
stumbled on a video of a Nigerian wedding held in santorini.... there were purportedly just 14 guests in attendance. I couldn’t help but wonder what is it about this we want an intimate gathering stuff that our people are now adopting. Is it that you don’t like or want people to share in your joy or rejoice with you? Is to save costs? I mean one chick on Instagram also said something about sharing food packs after church for her wedding ceremony..... kilon jebe?? No dancing? No sharing of souvenirs? Please this attitude isn’t African talk less of Nigerian oh

Alphahandmaiden

Helovesme
Ifyalways
Zaynie

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2018
Maybe because I’m a self proclaimed socialite cheesy I don’t mind large parties especially where affordability is not an issue...... one will just have the entertainment and vendors well organized etc etc .

I don’t mind small sized birthday parties but I just feel 14 guests is too small for a wedding ah ah you won’t even share 2 dozens of buckets as souvenirs kilode wink
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by angeltolly(f): 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
babythug:

Alphahandmaiden

Helovesme
Ifyalways
Zaynie

I prefer an intimate ceremony..... My brother's wedding, we were not up to 50, makes sense to me, I couldn't achieve this during mine because of the type of in-laws I have. Intimate does it for me any day.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by angeltolly(f): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
zaynie:

Maami, that's the way to go now ó.
I remember Moyo's first birthday was a carnival, complete with all the paparazzi. I was still cooking for those that claimed they didn't eat for almost 3 days, after packing party favors for 100 kids, I still went back to the market to pack for 30 more kids that didn't collect and their parents insisted cos they liked what was in the bags.
Even after all the paps, you will see those that will say "yínmu"
So for Múná, parlour party. Only a few friends with kids Muna's age, at most a year older and family. Less cranky baby, happy mommy able to mingle without being run ragged, daddy gisting with his pals with smiles because he hasn't been overtaxed.
I made the food myself, decorated the sitting room.

Although to be honest Moyo got more gifts than Múná but ọmọ the stress was much o

Parlour and quiet parties all the way.

This got me laughing cheesy Kilode cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
angeltolly:

This got me laughing cheesy Kilode cheesy cheesy

It wasn't funny ó.
The next day, I took big big fish from my freezer (then I was selling frozen foods) from my freezer and served round with rice.
Still some people said ha..... Food didn't reach us on party day, food didn't reach us today again....
Next day, I carried turkey, big big size and cooked rice again...... Served round.
My husband was like ezz like your mumu never do.
All these peeps ate every single time you cooked angry

@babythug, I like attending large gatherings, I will even dance more than the celebrant but to host one.
MBA.

My Inlaws hosted one wedding about 4 years ago.... From our side, we were not even up to 50 despite being the bride's family. It was sweeeeeeeeet!
Even the souvenirs were on point.... I didn't see one single nonsense plastic bucket or handfan cheesy
When they are sharing digital bathroom scales, microwaves and DVD. When the bride refused to pack money grin grin.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by chii8(f): 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
This group is very ideal,my daughter wants to write federal entrance exam to college next year but i am confused on what exactly we are to read,on how to prepare her for the exam as a parent....

Please,any parent here who will give us a clue?i will be grateful.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by angeltolly(f): 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
zaynie:

It wasn't funny ó.
The next day, I took big big fish from my freezer (then I was selling frozen foods) from my freezer and served round with rice.
Still some people said ha..... Food didn't reach us on party day, food didn't reach us today again....
Next day, I carried turkey, big big size and cooked rice again...... Served round.
My husband was like ezz like your mumu never do.
All these peeps ate every single time you cooked angry

@babythug, I like attending large gatherings, I will even dance more than the celebrant but to host one.
MBA.

My Inlaws hosted one wedding about 4 years ago.... From our side, we were not even up to 50 despite being the bride's family. It was sweeeeeeeeet!
Even the souvenirs were on point.... I didn't see one single nonsense plastic bucket or handfan cheesy
When they are sharing digital bathroom scales, microwaves and DVD. When the bride refused to pack money grin grin.

Our people and "food no reach my side"na like bread and butter o cheesy At the end people are insatiable angry they must talk

2 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
chii8:
This group is very ideal,my daughter wants to write federal entrance exam to college next year but i am confused on what exactly we are to read,on how to prepare her for the exam as a parent....

I have responded to you severally in my head smiley

Entrance exams into secondary schools are usually a test of maths , English and general/current affairs.

Most times the questions are in objective form. One of the key skills is speed and the accuracy. You can get a selection of different past entrance examinations in many bookshops or in the schools you intend to write exams.

Some parents or primary schools organize extra lessons for this purpose.

If you can do it yourself you just get your child to answer as many as possible of these past questions. Then you time her so she gets used to being timed for exams etc etc

One popular compilation of past questions is authored by and popularly called Ugo C. ugo you can ask around for it

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by JGracious: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
chii8:

Practice, practice, practice

You can ask her teachers for recommended textbooks that cover the federal entrance exam syllabus.

create time for mental sums, spelling dictation and current affairs.

other areas include but not limited to quantitative reasoning, verbal aptitude.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Onegai(f): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
https://nefescorner.com/you-cant-have-it-all/

This post is for anyone who has ever been triggered by someone else's perfect life, with its perfect balance. Hint: not true
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Onegai(f): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
chii8:

Firstly, are you targeting particular schools? Because if you are, then locate a parent whose child got in and find out everything they did. Loyola and Catholic schools have their own separate prep, for example.

For Federal exam, ask her teachers if they are willing to organise after-school exam prep for the subjects she'll be taking. Including list of textbooks and past questions. Her teachers should tell you where her weak points are, so she can pinpoint and use her time effectively (if she needs Current Affairs help, it's to study that in a group format. I would help my nephews and nieces ace their History and General Knowledge exams, because I knew how to cover it better than their teacher. But I couldn't help their Maths). Nothing will improve her English, Spelling and Grammar like reading well-written books. So she should get a book list, 1 a week.

Try and target 3 schools. Approach it like you're getting a job. Also, ask your bank manager, your office and your husbands office if they offer scholarships for Best Student or something outstanding. Someone's daughter got N200,000 from a bank for developing an app. A few kids get scholarships for Best exam score. The companies won't advertise it, so you have to make the enquiries. HTH

www.nefescorner.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 8:59am On Oct 16, 2018
A ku ewu omo oh! Congrats to mama Zaynie on her latest addition and gift from God....

We love you plenty plenty!

God bless the little one!

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by chii8(f): 8:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
babythug:

I have responded to you severally in my head smiley

Entrance exams into secondary schools are usually a test of maths , English and general/current affairs.

Most times the questions are in objective form. One of the key skills is speed and the accuracy. You can get a selection of different past entrance examinations in many bookshops or in the schools you intend to write exams.

Some parents or primary schools organize extra lessons for this purpose

If you can do it yourself you just get your child to answer as many as possible of these past questions. Then you time her so she gets used to being timed for exams etc etc

One popular compilation of past questions is authored by and popularly called Ugo C. ugo you can ask around for it

Hope this helps!

Thanks alot...i am grateful

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by chii8(f): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
Onegai:

Firstly, are you targeting particular schools? Because if you are, then locate a parent whose child got in and find out everything they did. Loyola and Catholic schools have their own separate prep, for example.

For Federal exam, ask her teachers if they are willing to organise after-school exam prep for the subjects she'll be taking. Including list of textbooks and past questions. Her teachers should tell you where her weak points are, so she can pinpoint and use her time effectively (if she needs Current Affairs help, it's to study that in a group format. I would help my nephews and nieces ace their History and General Knowledge exams, because I knew how to cover it better than their teacher. But I couldn't help their Maths). Nothing will improve her English, Spelling and Grammar like reading well-written books. So she should get a book list, 1 a week.

Try and target 3 schools. Approach it like you're getting a job. Also, ask your bank manager, your office and your husbands office if they offer scholarships for Best Student or something outstanding. Someone's daughter got N200,000 from a bank for developing an app. A few kids get scholarships for Best exam score. The companies won't advertise it, so you have to make the enquiries. HTH

www.nefescorner.com

Thanks dearie and @JGracious thank you too.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Onegai(f): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by claseek(f): 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Left to me alone, my wedding would just be court wedding, only parents and our siblings in attendance. No trad, no white wedding. (shey Court is the most legit na tongue

I even told my parents, but them no gree oh.. I so hate been the centre of attraction. BUT I LOVE TO ATTEND OTHER PEOPLE'S PARTY OH grin

You know, ijebu people and party, they're like 5 and 6. Both my mum and my dad they like party dieeeee. See crowd for my wedding na.. Was wondering where did all these people come from?! shocked angrythey invited every single acquitance of theirs!

Me I just don't like it.. Tueh

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
babythug:
A ku ewu omo oh! Congrats to mama Zaynie on her latest addition and gift from God....

We love you plenty plenty!

God bless the little one!

Thanks maami kiss
Àmín to the prayer

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
claseek:
Left to me alone, my wedding would just be court wedding, only parents and our siblings in attendance. No trad, no white wedding. (shey Court is the most legit na tongue

I even told my parents, but them no gree oh.. I so hate been the centre of attraction. BUT I LOVE TO ATTEND OTHER PEOPLE'S PARTY OH grin

You know, ijebu people and party, they're like 5 and 6. Both my mum and my dad they like party dieeeee. See crowd for my wedding na.. Was wondering where did all these people come from?! shocked angrythey invited every single acquitance of theirs!

Me I just don't like it.. Tueh

cheesy @ your last statement

Na wa for you people oh!!!!! All of you are obviously not Bonafide lagosians jare!!!
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
babythug:

Na wa for you people oh!!!!! All of you are obviously not Bonafide lagosians jare!!!

Lol

I like both...mood and money dependent. What is what doing is worth doing well. The whole point of a party is to enjoy your self so As long as that goal is met..... all options are on the table oh jare.
If funds are not an issue and i am in the mood for a big do.........in fact my parties will have hot air balloons, fire works, circus performers and unlimited food and drinks.
For an intimate do.... well I will even hire out a cruise ship for my closest and dearest and rock out for 2 weeks sailing somewhere exotic.
So if you ever hear someone did this for renewal of vows.... you know who it is.... now lemme go and look for the money to hammer grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by claseek(f): 6:18am On Oct 19, 2018
babythug:

lol born and bred Lagosian oh.. We're not all wired the same jare..

Strangely enough, I'd love a party for my child's birthday.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by goodhairdiary: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2018
Love parties but too lazy to plan one
If I can afford a planner, then I'm good to go
But love small and intimate gatherings
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by goodhairdiary: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2018
claseek:
lol born and bred Lagosian oh.. We're not all wired the same jare..

Strangely enough, I'd love a party for my child's birthday.

Will love that as well o
But planning is my wahala
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 9:53am On Oct 20, 2018
goodhairdiary:

Will love that as well o
But planning is my wahala

We can help you with ideas grin grin
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by goodhairdiary: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2018
babythug:

We can help you with ideas grin grin

I'll really love that
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Onegai(f): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
The biggest mistake we see parents doing (apart from spending N1.3million on a 1st Birthday Party!! Which did happen, several times) is not setting a budget when planning. The minute you say "I'm looking for an AFFORDABLE vendor for party packs/children's Party", half the good vendors will avoid you. They don't want to waste time on customers demanding a N5000 quality but want to pay N250. But once you set a BUDGET, the good vendors immediately know what to show you, within your budget.

Check out more tips (we spoke to a very big children's party planner and she even said that N1.3m was not that bad for a Birthday Party, she had clients who had spent more shocked)

https://nefescorner.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-a-childrens-party/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
I kinda agree with the planner as long as affordability isn’t an issue and the intent isn’t to show off to keep up with the joneses that 1.3 isn’t so unheard of or outrageous!

I have since realized even if you have 10 guests at a party the expenses can run into hundreds of thousands . It all boils down to the individual

Onegai:
The biggest mistake we see parents doing (apart from spending N1.3million on a 1st Birthday Party!! Which did happen, several times) is not setting a budget when planning. The minute you say "I'm looking for an AFFORDABLE vendor for party packs/children's Party", half the good vendors will avoid you. They don't want to waste time on customers demanding a N5000 quality but want to pay N250. But once you set a BUDGET, the good vendors immediately know what to show you, within your budget.

Check out more tips (we spoke to a very big children's party planner and she even said that N1.3m was not that bad for a Birthday Party, she had clients who had spent more shocked)

https://nefescorner.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-a-childrens-party/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 25 Years Of Waiting / Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression / Now You Can Bury Your Loved Ones In A Coffee Table. Viewers discretion See Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.