Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,425 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt (6184 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / 5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ / Gay Jesus: Reno Omokri Kicks As Netflix Shows 'The First Temptation Of Christ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:23am On Feb 04, 2018
JourneytoEL:
thanks for your wonderful contribution, very insightful
u are welcome sir..
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by shadeyinka(m): 10:45am On Feb 04, 2018
k4kenny:

Then provide reasonable answers not insults! Reading through the OP's post where the devil told Jesus (AS) to bow to him, what was his reply?

How can he be God and still say that? The message above is EVERYTHING ISLAM PREACHES.

Worship the Lord your creator and not Jesus (AS)

Just one question then we can proceed.

Explain in simple terms (according to your understanding) the wave-particle duality of matter?
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by k4kenny(f): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2018
shadeyinka:

Just one question then we can proceed.

Explain in simple terms (according to your understanding) the wave-particle duality of matter?

I'm not a physicist I dont think we need quantum physics to provide a clear response to a simple question.

Islam is simple and straight to the point. We don't need to use wave particle duality wareva to say: Allah is ONE!

See how easy that was. Now try it, you'll like it
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 04, 2018
amnesty7:
We live in a world where 2 + 2 = 5, Just as 1 + 1 +1 = 1

If you are confused �, read this:

Who is god?
Jesus

Is Jesus the son of Mary?
Yes

Who created Mary?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus

Jesus is the begotten son.
Yes

Who is his father?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Jesus is a servant of God?
Yes

Who is God?
Jesus.

Jesus died on the cross?
Yes

Who resurrected him?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus

Jesus is a messenger?
Yes

Who sent him?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Did Jesus worship while on earth? Yes

Whom did he worship?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Did God have a beginning?
No....

Then who was supposedly born on 25 DEC?Jesus.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Where's God?
In heaven

How many are there in heaven?Only one God.

Where's Jesus?
He is seated on the right hand of his father.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Then how many are they in heaven?
Only one God

Then how many seats?
One

Where's Jesus?
Seated next to God.

Then how are they seated?
On one chair

Its only understood by those with the holy spirit.

Who is God?
Jesus.

is to early for this your foolishness, y not ask questions. And stop being adamant and ignorant.
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by imstrong1: 11:41am On Feb 04, 2018
Orodje:
Why will Satan tempt Jesus that he will give him all the kingdoms of the earth knowing fully well He is God and he owns the whole universe.
the thing nor make sense to me

It's like telling a child go to this era for me and I will give u this car(the child's father car) the child will just laugh at u
Good question... when God made man he gave him dominion and power over the earth but man fell and thus temporarily handed over this power. And that was the reason christ died to put man in his original position although satan still remains the god of the sinful.. I hope you got my points
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by Emmytes(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
imstrong1:
Good question... when God made man he gave him dominion and power over the earth but man fell and thus temporarily handed over this power. And that was the reason christ died to put man in his original position although satan still remains the god of the sinful.. I hope you got my points

No point made

As usual, trash!
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by imstrong1: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
Emmytes:

No point made

As usual, trash!
suite yourself then cool
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by Zinnywise(f): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
FeddysWorld:
Hello,
Do you think you are a creative dancer either as and individual or as a group?

Would you like you showcase your talent and creative dance art to the world?

Then this is a FREE opportunity you would not want to miss. We are creating a great platform on instagram and YouTube that will help talented and creative dancers across the world and it is an opportunity for you to compete with others, wim prices and also get to feature in music videos and other entertainment activities.

Interested persons or group must have a short video clip of their dancing skills which you will send to us along with some information you will be ask.

Kindly PM me here if interested or share also if you know people who would be interested.

Note: It is absolutely FREE of charge and no registration fee is needed.

Thank you.
Am interested....how do i get started
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by FeddysWorld(m): 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Zinnywise:

Am interested....how do i get started

Send me a pm ok.
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by femi4: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
k4kenny:

Then provide reasonable answers not insults! Reading through the OP's post where the devil told Jesus (AS) to bow to him, what was his reply?

How can he be God and still say that? The message above is EVERYTHING ISLAM PREACHES.

Worship the Lord your creator and not Jesus (AS)

He is Jesus and God according to John 1:1

You are a Muslim, stick to your thread and stop misinforming people here just because you are free to post here without signing an oat
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by delexy123: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Again, the devil took him to an exceedingly
high mountain, and showed him all the
kingdoms of the world, and their glory.

The lesson from the third temptation is that the earth is flat or how else does one describe seeing the whole world on top of a mountain?
I have noticed you always jump on all christian related thread to troll but when confronted by sound theists for debate you run out of threads with your tail in between your legs(debate with forevergod, vaxx, butterflyl1on, science watch etc. comes to mind). Stop being a trolling coward....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by butterflyl1on: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Again, the devil took him to an exceedingly
high mountain, and showed him all the
kingdoms of the world, and their glory.

The lesson from the third temptation is that the earth is flat or how else does one describe seeing the whole world on top of a mountain?

A spiritual being (the devil) is showing another spiritual being (Jesus) something regarding the world.

Luke 5:4

5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”

It says "showed him in an instant".

You guys lack knowledge of scripture so always find it easy to deceive and lie with them. Thank God that scripture balances scripture otherwise all your folly would be easily gotten away with.

IN AN INSTANT suggests a vision, a flash in time, a revelation. But of course the devil being who he is would never show the true picture of the entire glory of the world. He would always lie and show what was not there and Jesus knew this hence his response.

When will you guys stop lying?
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by hopefulLandlord: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
delexy123:
I have noticed you always jump on all christian related thread to troll but when confronted by sound theists for debate you run out of threads with your tails in between your legs(debate with forevergod, vaxx, butterflyl1on, science watch etc. comes to mind). Stop being a trolling coward....

1. 4evergod is a scammer who ran away with someone's 6 million naira and deactivated his accounts, threw away his 3 phone lines and packed out of his place of residence, we had a mutual agreement not to quote each other before he scammed and ran away

2. Vaxx and I have mutual respect for each other and I'll be surprised if he thinks me a coward but then I'm in a habit of opting out of debates if its heading nowhere

3. the third person there is 4evergod reincarnated who calls himself a pig farmer

4. science.watch is what I'll be if I were an extremist, drank vodka to stupor and dancing shakushaku to science student while simultaneously typing on Nairaland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by butterflyl1on: 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
delexy123:
I have noticed you always jump on all christian related thread to troll but when confronted by sound theists for debate you run out of threads with your tails in between your legs(debate with forevergod, vaxx, butterflyl1on, science watch etc. comes to mind). Stop being a trolling coward....

That guys life is so rotten and crooked that he has now become reprobate. He enjoys his lying and deceitful ways now so can never confront the truth anymore. Whenever a true theist confronts him, he knows and runs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by Daeylar(f): 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

1. 4evergod is a scammer who ran away with someone's 6 million naira and deactivated his accounts, threw away his 3 phone lines and packed out of his place of residence

2. Vaxx and I have mutual respect for each other and I'll be surprised if he thinks me a coward but then I'm in a habit of opting out of debates if its heading nowhere

3. the third person there is 4evergod reincarnated who called himself a pig farmer

4. science.watch is what I'll be if I were an extremist, drank vodka to stupor and dancing shakushaku to science student while simultaneously typing on Nairaland

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by dinomcjohn: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
You must be very stupid for that imbecilic statement. It shows how foolish you are. You are not even talking to my Christ Jesus in the first place. I rebuke any power in you by the greatest power of Jesus. At the mention of the name of Jesus, every knee must bow. Satan failed and will always bow and flee at the mention of JESUS CHRIST.
ArchangeLucifer:
That stupid boy Jesus.

I don't have his time now...

I have lots of suicides to preside over at the Lagoon this mornin'.

Thank God for Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by dinomcjohn: 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
Great write up Op. God bless you in the matchless name of Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by delexy123: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

1. 4evergod is a scammer who ran away with someone's 6 million naira and deactivated his accounts, threw away his 3 phone lines and packed out of his place of residence, we had a mutual agreement not to quote each other before he scammed and ran away

3. the third person there is 4evergod reincarnated who calls himself a pig farmer

whether 4evergod was a scammer or not is up to you and is no way related to what I called you out on. If you can't win theists with superior argument then live your life and let them be. You jumping on all christian threads farming for likes is childish and this seems like a desperate attempt to cover your weakness in debates...grow up man...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by shadeyinka(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
k4kenny:

I'm not a physicist I dont think we need quantum physics to provide a clear response to a simple question.

Islam is simple and straight to the point. We don't need to use wave particle duality wareva to say: Allah is ONE!

See how easy that was. Now try it, you'll like it
You don't have to be a physicist to understand what wave particle duality of matter is.

If you don't understand material things how do you think you can understand duality or trinity of personalities such as angels, humans, animals and even God.

So, go back google is your friend (that is) if you truly seek knowledge.

When you convince me you understand the mundane nature of in-animate physical things then you are getting matured to understand spiritual things
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by hopefulLandlord: 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
delexy123:
whether 4evergod was a scammer or not is up to you and is no way related to what I called you out for. If you can't win theists with superior argument then live your life and let them be. You jumping on all christian threads farming for likes is childish and this seems like a desperate attempt to cover your weakness in debates...grow up man...
1. I hope you've got nothing personal against me?

2. You've NOT called me out for anything valid, I've explained how what you "called" me out for is nonsense, I expect a smart person to have known that already without spelling it out but it seems you're not the sharpest tool in the shed

3. I have the damn right to post anywhere I damn please on Nairaland, use the report button if my posts seem to hurt you or you can ignore or better still buy Nairaland from Se.un and ban my account

4. I farm for likes? It's hard talking to mindreaders as they know everything about you even before you utter a word or how else could you have known I'm farming for likes?

Anyways, our scammer turned pig farmer was at some point caught opening new accounts just to like and share his own posts, go figure

5. take your own advice, Live your life and let me be. I'm not preventing you from posting here, Nairaland is big enough for all "the birds to fly", you can ignore my posts if you find it too irritating, this is not a gathering of your prepubescent siblings you can gag or browbeat into silence

Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by k4kenny(f): 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
shadeyinka:

You don't have to be a physicist to understand what wave particle duality of matter is.

If you don't understand material things how do you think you can understand duality or trinity of personalities such as angels, humans, animals and even God.

So, go back google is your friend (that is) if you truly seek knowledge.

When you convince me you understand the mundane nature of in-animate physical things then you are getting matured to understand spiritual things

My friend, God is neither a wave nor a particle. Life doesn't have to be too complicated. God is ONE, He created the heavens, the earth, angels prophets and everything you can think of. Now why do I need to consult google about wave duality to understand that brief concept? Life shouldn't be that complicated dear.
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by shadeyinka(m): 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
k4kenny:

My friend, God is neither a wave nor a particle. Life doesn't have to be too complicated. God is ONE, He created the heavens, the earth, angels prophets and everything you can think of. Now why do I need to consult google about wave duality to understand that brief concept? Life shouldn't be that complicated dear.
Any one who implies that God is a wave or a particle is a compound fool and I didn't insinuate that.

The fact that from mathematics, we know numerology and so can distinguish between one and three does not make God part of mathematics. However, if you don't understand the concept of 1 from numerology how can you understand the oneness of God.

So, back to my question:
If you don't understand the concept of duality of the mundane aspect of Gods creation creation (matter), how would you understand the duality or trinity of the higher creations?

Life shouldn't be complex, but it is extremely complex because God is too complicated for us.

When you comprehend the wave-particle duality of matter, then you are ready to understand the ONENESS of God.
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by ArchangeLucifer: 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
dinomcjohn:
You must be very stupid for that imbecilic statement. It shows how foolish you are. You are not even talking to my Christ Jesus in the first place. I rebuke any power in you by the greatest power of Jesus. At the mention of the name of Jesus, every knee must bow. Satan failed and will always bow and flee at the mention of JESUS CHRIST.

Are you mad?

Somebody cannot even play with you again you don dey invoke something.

Abeg dey go jare

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by k4kenny(f): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2018
shadeyinka:

Any one who implies that God is a wave or a particle is a compound fool and I didn't insinuate that.

The fact that from mathematics, we know numerology and so can distinguish between one and three does not make God part of mathematics. However, if you don't understand the concept of 1 from numerology how can you understand the oneness of God.

So, back to my question:
If you don't understand the concept of duality of the mundane aspect of Gods creation creation (matter), how would you understand the duality or trinity of the higher creations?

Life shouldn't be complex, but it is extremely complex because God is too complicated for us.

When you comprehend the wave-particle duality of matter, then you are ready to understand the ONENESS of God.

My dear, why can't you provide a direct response? All you've done is dance around in circles without giving a tangible answer. Everything I've written and said is direct and straight to the point. Now you're implying that since I don't have an understanding of mundane aspects of God's creation, so I can't understand the concept of trinity. So you mean to say you understand EVERYTHING about every single subject around you? You know book gan o.

Anyhoo, be like Jesus, worship one God in truth. It'll be better for you smiley
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by shadeyinka(m): 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
k4kenny:

My dear, why can't you provide a direct response? All you've done is dance around in circles without giving a tangible answer. Everything I've written and said is direct and straight to the point. Now you're implying that since I don't have an understanding of mundane aspects of God's creation, so I can't understand the concept of trinity. So you mean to say you understand EVERYTHING about every single subject around you? You know book gan o.

Every kind of comprehension or understanding is based on precepts. Without the required precept, comprehension is impossible.

If I am not aware of the concept of chemical elements, how can I comprehend what chemical compounds are.

Sorry, God is far above your comprehension. You cannot fit Him inside a physical number.

Let me jog your brain a little:
God is present in every space of the Universe YET nearer to each one of us than the jagular vein of our neck.
God hears every word spoken or unspoken by the almost 7 billion inhabitants of the earth YET God does not have an ear like you and me.

There are thousands of attributes of God that cannot be reduced into numbers.

Every Christian know of ONLY ONE GOD who created everything and this God cannot be fitted into one number
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by shadeyinka(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
k4kenny:

As ignorant as the one who said Christians worship God ,Jesus and Mary.
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by k4kenny(f): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

Every kind of comprehension or understanding is based on precepts. Without the required precept, comprehension is impossible.

If I am not aware of the concept of chemical elements, how can I comprehend what chemical compounds are.

Sorry, God is far above your comprehension. You cannot fit Him inside a physical number.

Let me jog your brain a little:
God is present in every space of the Universe YET nearer to each one of us than the jagular vein of our neck.
God hears every word spoken or unspoken by the almost 7 billion inhabitants of the earth YET God does not have an ear like you and me.

There are thousands of attributes of God that cannot be reduced into numbers.

Every Christian know of ONLY ONE GOD who created everything and this God cannot be fitted into one number

Here we go again with unnessasary confusion. God is not an Author of confusion as Jesus said in the Bible.

God is far beyond my comprehension abi? How laughable. Maybe you need complex metaphors to understand the concept of the Creator, buy here a a few things you should know about Him.

He is ONE.
The Creator of the heavens and the earth
Lord of the Mighty Throne
His Footstool (not Throne) spans the Heavens and earth.
The Most Loved
The All Knowing and Most Wise
I could go on and on, but time won't permit, I'm a working wife and mum biko.

Above all, worship Him and Him ONLY, As Jesus said. I have said my own, it's up to you to believe.

I don waka smiley

1 Like

Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by k4kenny(f): 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

As ignorant as the one who said Christians worship God ,Jesus and Mary.

So who then do Christians worship? You pray in Jesus name, give all glory to him etc.

Anyways, I don waka jare.
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by shadeyinka(m): 5:05am On Feb 11, 2018
k4kenny:

So who then do Christians worship? You pray in Jesus name, give all glory to him etc.

Anyways, I don waka jare.

Aisha has one President
This president is her Husband
This same president is the Father of her children.
This same president is Mohammadu Buhari

Some people said:
What a contradiction of impossibilities: Nigeria can only have one president he is never be a husband, Father or Friend!

k4kenny:

Here we go again with unnessasary confusion. God is not an Author of confusion as Jesus said in the Bible.

God is far beyond my comprehension abi? How laughable. Maybe you need complex metaphors to understand the concept of the Creator, buy here a a few things you should know about Him.

He is ONE.
The Creator of the heavens and the earth
Lord of the Mighty Throne
His Footstool (not Throne) spans the Heavens and earth.
The Most Loved
The All Knowing and Most Wise
I could go on and on, but time won't permit, I'm a working wife and mum biko.

Above all, worship Him and Him ONLY, As Jesus said. I have said my own, it's up to you to believe.

I don waka smiley

The knowledge of the president is obviously a function of relationship!
Re: The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt by dinomcjohn: 12:23am On Oct 09, 2019
ArchangeLucifer:

It is you who is mad.
Christ reigns forever. To God alone be all the glory forever and ever. Amen

Are you mad?

Somebody cannot even play with you again you don dey invoke something.

Abeg dey go jare

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor John Hagee Apologizes For Referring To Catholic Church As ‘Great LovePeddler’ / What Do I Think About Jehovah Witness Members And Religion As A Whole? / Was Jesus In The Grave For 3days And 3nights Literally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.