Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings (19611 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Do I Need To Quit My Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2018
sabanageorge:
Please no bad words.

I have a sizable number of investments. Every month I make about 400k from my investments. I also invested in crypto. The market has been crazy these past weeks, but even with the recession I have about $100k. But I have not cashed out. I don't want to. I want to keep it till year's end, when it may be bigger or maybe zero. who knows.
Then I have my job, which isn't bad, which has earned me all of this. But I'm getting tired of it already and I want to quit. Hoping to live on the 400k I make every month from my investments and a possible larger payout from crypto by the end of the year. What do you think?

Just a few words of advice.
Please i would like to know more about Cryptocurrency. I really wanna invest into it but dont know anything about it for now. Thanks
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by terrezo2002(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2018
nkemjacob2:
explain further sir
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by DaCharis2016: 8:25am On Feb 05, 2018
[b][/b][i][/i]Don't mind all these dudes here making it look like if you quit you go broke and suffer. The problem with us Africans, blacks especially is unsatisfaction, discontentment, self-centredness, greed, etc. And not knowing our gauge level. Therefore making ourselves work till we wear out because we want to guarantee our future financially. And not knowing that we can do times ten for ourselves what we are currently doing for our employers. The fear of the unknown in us is a weakness and is killing us. Just look at the richest people on earth, if they were working for anybody they couldn't had made monies like that.

Put your priorities right, if you know you have what it takes you to run your show now just don't waste that time yet. Employers and business owners are the richest people so far. Create your business, manage it and you will be surprised the level it will reach in no time. Most people are working for others because they don't have the capital or finance to start up their businesses. Nobody wants to labour forever.

Establish yourself and work it out. If you don't know how or you are afraid, you can still overcome all that by learning them.

Let me dive into my affair here.

I have N300k like this, and am thinking of what I can start up and quit my N70k salary job. And am yet to arrive at a conclusion as the money won't be enough to start up anything especially as I may rent a shop and trade in it. My brother, if there's a way you resign and fix me there to work and save that kind of money towards my business...hmm hmm!! I will like it o. Lol.

Don't let anybody feed you with fear that you have not made much money and comparing your savings with those of Dangotes, Zuckerbergs and so on. The fact is that you can't achieve what those people have achieved if you continue working for too long and not knowing when to stop and start managing yours.

N.B. kindly advise me on what business, investment, cryptocurrency(not perturbed about prices dropping sharply) I can engage in with N300k and I will make profit either working or quitting my N70k job.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by DaCharis2016: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2018
Don't mind all these dudes here making it look like if you quit you go broke and suffer. The problem with us Africans, blacks especially is unsatisfaction, discontentment, self-centredness, greed, etc. And not knowing our gauge level. Therefore making ourselves work till we wear out because we want to guarantee our future financially. And not knowing that we can do times ten for ourselves what we are currently doing for our employers. The fear of the unknown in us is a weakness and is killing us. Just look at the richest people on earth, if they were working for anybody they couldn't had made monies like that.

Put your priorities right, if you know you have what it takes you to run your show now just don't waste that time yet. Employers and business owners are the richest people so far. Create your business, manage it and you will be surprised the level it will reach in no time. Most people are working for others because they don't have the capital or finance to start up their businesses. Nobody wants to labour forever.

Establish yourself and work it out. If you don't know how or you are afraid, you can still overcome all that by learning them.

I have N300k like this, and am thinking of what I can start up and quit my N70k salary job. And am yet to arrive at a conclusion as the money won't be enough to start up anything especially as I may rent a shop and trade in it. My brother, if there's a way you resign and fix me there to work and save that kind of money towards my business...hmm hmm!! I will like it o. Lol.

Don't let anybody feed you with fear that you have not made much money and comparing your savings with those of Dangotes, Zuckerbergs and so on. The fact is that you can't achieve what those people have achieved if you continue working for too long and not knowing when to stop and start managing yours.

N.B. kindly advise me on what business, investment, cryptocurrency(not perturbed about prices dropping sharply) I can engage in with N300k and I will make profit either working or quitting my N70k job.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Kingbuhari(m): 8:27am On Feb 05, 2018
sekem:

Obviously, you don't think big at all

People are making millions in a day and you are there ranting bunkum

Take 100k, play lazio win, play anderlecht win, play Lyon women win on bet9ja today

You'll be making nothing less than 120k in profit

Do something like that in a week and you'll be making nothing less than 700k in a week!!!

And the op is even talking about 400k a month!

People are making major money on daily basis

If you're not, it's probably because you lack the right information

If you want to make it big; then you've got to start thinking big

Real big
sharrap... he said $400k ... is he working in Bank of America
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Kingbuhari(m): 8:28am On Feb 05, 2018
fidalgo19:

grin
He confused $ with Naira
$400k even Trump don't earn that much in a month...
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Neiy: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2018
Kingbuhari:
400k... op sharap even Trump don't earn that much monthly, average annual salary for doctors in US is less than 200k... how much more menial
worker like u
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by sekem: 8:32am On Feb 05, 2018
IamZod:

100k to stake.
What if you loose. lol

Then you lose!

The painful truth is that staking is not for everybody

It is a major business strictly for the Big Boys

To these Big Boys 100k is no big deal

These guys can even stake 1 mil on such a game and go home today with 1.2 million in profits!!!

But if you don't have much staking power, you can also start low and build up your staking power.

All you need is the right information... plus some good luck, of course wink

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by gare(f): 8:35am On Feb 05, 2018
sabanageorge:
Please no bad words.

I have a sizable number of investments. Every month I make about 400k from my investments. I also invested in crypto. The market has been crazy these past weeks, but even with the recession I have about $100k. But I have not cashed out. I don't want to. I want to keep it till year's end, when it may be bigger or maybe zero. who knows.
Then I have my job, which isn't bad, which has earned me all of this. But I'm getting tired of it already and I want to quit. Hoping to live on the 400k I make every month from my investments and a possible larger payout from crypto by the end of the year. What do you think?

let me tell you the truth, you are a lazy person, just 400k a month!, do you own a house, even that $100k in crypto is not a guarantee, it may disapper the next miniute, guy focus, by the time you have $1 million then we can advice you on what to do not come, so come back when you do have $1m
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by dfav: 8:38am On Feb 05, 2018
if u re really making 400K per mth; then u re a big boy in terms of Nigeria working class.

dont mind all these big boys jobless youth saying its a small money...

over 80% of Nigerian workers earn less than that per mth. ( both Public & Private)

if u re really sure that u make 400k per mth not i may make or i can make...

then resign, relocate to an area or state that have very low cost of living but with good infasturcture like electricity/road/security etc ( Lagos is a big SCAM.. full of husrtling ) .

mine is to make 300k per mth, then i resign and face my business full time...
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by sekem: 8:39am On Feb 05, 2018
Kingbuhari:
sharrap... he said $400k ... is he working in Bank of America

Are you sure your eyes is not paining you?

Where did you see the 400k $?

He only mentioned 100k $ in crypto

When he mentioned 400k in investments, commonsense should have told you he meant in naira unless otherwise stated.

But then again, commonsense is not so common tongue wink

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by deebrownneymar: 8:41am On Feb 05, 2018
sabanageorge:
Please no bad words.

Hi I need an advice on what to invest in.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by thedondada(m): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2018
sweetkev:
How can you make that kind of money legally in Nigeria starting from scratch and when you're not born with a gold spoon in your mouth? Buhari government has made some people so dumb and made them reason from their smelly black ass lol

Didn't you see his name. Those are the type of people that call large sums of money anyhow with no idea the realistic value of such.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by iamclime(m): 8:57am On Feb 05, 2018
InvertedHammer:

That's a big gamble as crypto is likely to enter into multi years of ranging. Take a cue from gold (parabolic rise followed by irrational exuberance, and now ranging). The sad part is that no matter how frugal you are, your fund cannot sustain you. You will be surprised at how many people hate their jobs but still have to do it. If Bill Gates, Dangote, Zuckerberg still wake up to go to work, I don't see why you shouldn't. Money is a limited resource.

By the way, crypto is played out. It will die a natural death. Smart money moved funds out in Nov/December. Retail investors will be left holding the bag. History has ways of repeating itself. Crypto is a fad and a gamble. It is never an investment. Like MMM, I expect the noise about crypto to die this year. In less than a month, it went from $10k to $19k. In less than a month, it went from $19k to $7.5k. I feel sorry for retailers.
/
You said my mind...Crypto business will eventually fail, and that may be sooner than you imagine. Agriculture and real estate is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Jode1: 8:57am On Feb 05, 2018
Why can't u just mine cytocurrency. l am currently working with a publicly traded company in the united state that mine cytocurrency.They pay in etheruem,which is directly paid to your blockchain wallet for 1200days.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by WinkWrld: 8:58am On Feb 05, 2018
jaychubi:

U dey craze angry angry

Except u r up to 65 yrs continue working until ur investments which is diversified can generate at least 5 million monthly. 400k is nothing. Think big

Clap for urself. So he should work till he drops.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by zinosleek(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2018
you can make money from jumia starting your own business http://www.wikizino.com.ng/2017/10/how-to-make-money-on-jumia.html
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Skepticus: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2018
DaCharis2016:
[b][/b][i][/i]Don't mind all these dudes here making it look like if you quit you go broke and suffer. The problem with us Africans, blacks especially is unsatisfaction, discontentment, self-centredness, greed, etc. And not knowing our gauge level. Therefore making ourselves work till we wear out because we want to guarantee our future financially. And not knowing that we can do times ten for ourselves what we are currently doing for our employers. The fear of the unknown in us is a weakness and is killing us. Just look at the richest people on earth, if they were working for anybody they couldn't had made monies like that.

Thank you.

Best comment!

It's not wise for the rich (OP) to ask for financial advice from the poor ( most nairalanders who are either still been fed by their parents or earn less than 50k in a month)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by InvertedHammer: 9:03am On Feb 05, 2018
millionboi2:
thy don't go to work.

What thy do is exactly what d OP wants to do now
/
Brain work is still work. They work. They are billionaires and there are other billionaires and shareholders invested in their ventures that they answer to when necessary. Zuckerberg is worth billions by valuation doesn't mean that he has the billions in a vault somewhere.

Comparing an ocean with a pond?

The OP cannot afford it.

I hope he is not married.

/
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 05, 2018
Well I think it depends on how long your life expectancy is.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by millionboi2: 9:23am On Feb 05, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Brain work is still work. They work. They are billionaires and there are other billionaires and shareholders invested in their ventures that they answer to when necessary. Zuckerberg is worth billions by valuation doesn't mean that he has the billions in a vault somewhere.

Comparing an ocean with a pond?

The OP cannot afford it.

I hope he is not married.

/
well.......op didn't use d right word.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Kingbuhari(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2018
Neiy:

Chaii Bonzo! Don't come here to spill trash regarding US average annual salary for doctors. Do your findings right! !. People who receives more than 400k as salaries nko.. rather than hating, pray to God to increase your income so your thinking will change. This country Nigeria sha!! GOD HELP US
gerrout of here, $400k is nearly #170m in naira... diz one don use ur brain drink zobo
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by multibalotel: 9:34am On Feb 05, 2018
americanson:

Hunger for more. Bill Gates is still working, Warren Buffet is still working, despite their riches.

#food for thought
You don't understand what it means to do the job u don't have a passion for.. it's a slow killer and weighs u down emotionally .. U may be seeing good money but d joy isn't there ... those people u mentioned there are doing what they love doing... we Nigerians sef... Always thinking money is king

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by odimbannamdi(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2018
MicroBox:
My friend, my candid advise is please quit that job and face your investment squarely. It will grow higher in no time and you will come back here singing song of praises. As for Crypto, it will bounce back and come to stay, its wallstreet guys creating FUD to buy more coins and later pump and dump it.
Startingup is always the issue but since you have taken that bold step, then the sky should be your limit.
Lastly, if you are still single, please and please go and marry because it will open your mind and brain to see more opportunities as regard investments.

This is a valid advise.

SabanaGeorge, consider it
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by MARKone(m): 9:41am On Feb 05, 2018
sabanageorge:
Please no bad words.

apart from the crypto, which other things did you invest in that yields 400k monthly, kindly share.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by odimbannamdi(m): 9:41am On Feb 05, 2018
martyns303:

Why not? people make far far more than that legally, u can't however make that kind of money doing a 7-4 job. Do u want to see real life billionaires? take a stroll to Legend Hanger, it is located behind MMIA, where the car park is.

I am interested in taking this stroll.

Are you based there? Can we hang out? I really love to network
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by hakeem26(m): 9:49am On Feb 05, 2018
I don't know why people still thinking working for someone is the best opinion. has for me face ur investment like ur life depend on it. Create more means of income like 10 more( if u need ideas u can contract me that is if u have a billions ambition). A word is enough for the wise
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by rozayx5(m): 9:53am On Feb 05, 2018
rhymaholic:
If you truly have $100k worth of cryptocurrency you won't be on nairaland typing.

If Akin alabi and other richer people are on NL what makes you think 100k is big money undecided

Thats a small Asian boys investment

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Isaacpyo04(m): 9:59am On Feb 05, 2018
Kingbuhari:
400k... op sharap even Trump don't earn that much monthly, average annual salary for doctors in US is less than 200k... how much more menial
worker like u
This one is 'slow' sha. So with all the education and exposure you have, a dollar is equivalent to a naira?
Dude comparing #400k to $400k, grin

What do we expect from some named Kingbuhari.!
Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 05, 2018
sabanageorge:
Please no bad words.

Ensure you cash out before you resign.

1+1 is not always 2. It could be 11 or Zero.

Pick 11.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings by einsteine(m): 10:09am On Feb 05, 2018
sabanageorge:
Please no bad words.

If you are unhappy with your job, please quit.

About Cryptoprofits, remember paper profit is not real until you have cashed out. I would recomend cashing out some of your cryptos and starting something to engage yourself in. Remember, work is not just for money but for living. You won't know this until you quit and get depressed just because there's nothing to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. / 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.